You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Regs killing cash games?

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

They play across all levels, never really play hands unless there premuim hands, and there playing literally all day.  I find these players really boring and i honestly do feel that they ruin the site.  I dont understad why they play all day yet dont play a hand.....until another well known player on here told me that they do that because they earn cash for points and that will equal more then there profits for the month which i think is patheitc as its a poker site made for playing and improving on poker.  Just losing motivation as i liked sky but now its not very appealing to play with these players and know there never really play a hand s there no point even getting kings or aces etc.

I get that every site has these players but its proberly made worse because sky has a low volume of players i just think its killing the cash game version of the site abit and its a shame

Comments

• edited November 2012

As anybody else, they are free to play however they see fit and if it makes them money, fair play to them.

If you choose to play differently, it's up to you to find a way to exploit their style and make money your way.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Regs killing cash games?:
    As anybody else, they are free to play however they see fit and if it makes them money, fair play to them. If you choose to play differently, it's up to you to find a way to exploit their style and make money your way.
    Posted by Slykllist
    totally agree

reg's play at all the different game types,dym h/u, tournies,etc.
    there's virtually no way of avoiding them.
    you can table select which helps but even better is to match them if you can and then there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to make some money.
    at least that is what i have always tried to do.
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Regs killing cash games?:
    They play across all levels, never really play hands unless there premuim hands, and there playing literally all day.  I find these players really boring and i honestly do feel that they ruin the site.  I dont understad why they play all day yet dont play a hand.....until another well known player on here told me that they do that because they earn cash for points and that will equal more then there profits for the month which i think is patheitc as its a poker site made for playing and improving on poker.  Just losing motivation as i liked sky but now its not very appealing to play with these players and know there never really play a hand s there no point even getting kings or aces etc. I get that every site has these players but its proberly made worse because sky has a low volume of players i just think its killing the cash game version of the site abit and its a shame
    Posted by robbie1992
    Nice to hear you :-*
  • edited November 2012
    Robbie, you only play 1 table? It should be easy enough for you to find a good 1..........
  • edited November 2012
    If you're encountering alot of tight players, who only play massive hands, then you should be winning lots of blinds from them.

If you know that they're really only playing big pairs and AK, then this should be super-exploitable for you. See flops with connecting hands/low pairs and try to hit big. If you don't, then it's easy - Just give it up.

Do that and you ought to take these tight regs to the cleaners. You'll win the blinds alot, lose small pots and win big ones.
    If you're playing a tight range against other players who are playing tight, then you're not taking advantage of them at all. You're playing their game.... So open up your range and play in position.
  • edited November 2012
    funny post, make it easy for me !

make it easy for yourself and table select better and improve on playing versus REGS by exploiting them

or except playing REGs is too difficult and play easier cash tables - you have a choice
  • edited November 2012

I know everyone can play how they want and as many tables as they want but the low numbers on sky compared to others just mean that iiterally 6 tables of the same players.

I only play one table and im still bored of playing against the same people.  Iv opened up my range before but its a different style to how i want to play and i end up becoming very loose and spewy, and then i think why did i do that? and its because its the same  boring nitty regs im playing against,,,,,winning theblinds gets abit boring after a while.

Im not moaning about these players styles its up to them but its just notvery appealing to play the same players everyday when the game s really tight

• edited November 2012

my post was saying that sky isnt a better place for having these regs

• edited November 2012
    Posted by robbie1992
    Are you asking me to leave the site Robbie?
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by robbie1992

Just drop down to NL40 or NL30 mate or play 2-3 tables of NL20.

The regs generally make their living at NL50 and above.

ps. Every site has regs!!!!!

pps. I have an inkling Tommy plays a few more hands than AA,KK and AK..........
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by robbie1992
    I will play various cr@p against you if you want and your world will go round again...lol...Need to add a little more trash to my range to suit your needs. Peace & luv.
  • edited November 2012
    The ratio of regs to non regs is pretty much the same on all sites.

It's just because you have played more here and know all the names that it seems to be more 'reggy'.

• edited November 2012
    Try making a new table yourself when it's busy. You will find a lot of randoms will join before the regs see it.
  • edited November 2012

no please dont get me wrong im not saying what people should do.....i just enjoy playing against different people.  Its a fair point that the fact i dont multi table proberly means i get bored quicker but dunno this morning i see the only free table and it was full of regs and after about 20 mins i was just bored of the game, jsut think its the same thing all the time really, but like you said that how there making there living so maybe i should just shut up

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Regs killing cash games? : Are you asking me to leave the site Robbie?
    Posted by TommyD
    Yes please watching you on sky poker channel make me feel like i should give up hahah
  • edited November 2012
    You know that it is impossible for there not to be 'regs'    ?

Lets say the current 'regs' all left.     Within 2 days of tables full of randomers,  the winning players would soon think "wow this is easy money, i'm gunna play more" , and thus themselves become the 'regs'.
  • edited November 2012
    The ratio of regs to non regs is pretty much the same on all sites. It's just because you have played more here and know all the names that it seems to be more 'reggy'.
    Posted by scotty77
    hmmm yeah proberly, but sky has less people then other sites so its constantly the same people.  Others says have thousands so there loads of regs but its unlucky your play the same regs everysignle day
  • edited November 2012

The regs at 20nl-40nl should be making alot more money from the games than cash for points, although the games are quite bad at the moment.
  • edited November 2012
    gotta laugh at this post 

look at how many tables are on the site keep notes on the regs and avoid them its not hard tbh m8 

i been doing a mtt n dym challenge lately i dont play a dym if there are regs on them maybe the odd game with evil pingu and nutter5932 but i like playing the guys i dnt recognize they seem to play crazy loose early levels 

table selection is key in cash y would u want to sit on a table where u have no edge if all tables have 3-4 regs on them have a break come bk later its that simple best time to play cash imo is friday n saturday late at nites u get the crazy drunks on :)
  • edited November 2012
    gotta laugh at this post  look at how many tables are on the site keep notes on the regs and avoid them its not hard tbh m8  i been doing a mtt n dym challenge lately i dont play a dym if there are regs on them maybe the odd game with evil pingu and nutter5932 but i like playing the guys i dnt recognize they seem to play crazy loose early levels  table selection is key in cash y would u want to sit on a table where u have no edge if all tables have 3-4 regs on them have a break come bk later its that simple best time to play cash imo is friday n saturday late at nites u get the crazy drunks on :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    is that actually true i thought it was a myth? lol is it actually mad loose at 2 in the morning
  • edited November 2012
    wellya dnt get as many regs on at that time of the morning and u do see the odd player shoving 50 bigs preflop with marginal hands :)
  • edited November 2012
    It would help if Sky changed the rake structure from dealt to contributed.

Rather than all getting the same rakeback regardless of if you played any hands, for example, the 5 nits who just fold would get less relativeto the old system, and the one guy playing every pot seeing lots of flops would deservably so get more rakeback. stopping those nitty nitbags from just folding all month and expecting to pick up a pay check.
  • edited November 2012
    this may be really stupid advice becuase i dont know what im talking about but surely if you know they only play the premium hands its quite easy to find the fold button and let them go back to whatever they were doing before
  • edited November 2012
    It would help if Sky changed the rake structure from dealt to contributed. Rather than all getting the same rakeback regardless of if you played any hands, for example, the 5 nits who just fold would get less relativeto the old system, and the one guy playing every pot seeing lots of flops would deservably so get more rakeback. stopping those nitty nitbags from just folding all month and expecting to pick up a pay check.
    Posted by beaneh
    Totally agree! people talking to me like i said a crazy thing......but this is a poker site not a sit there for 8 hours pressing fold then get cash 4 points.   I think it would be fairer if cash for points worked on playing hands
  • edited November 2012
    It would help if Sky changed the rake structure from dealt to contributed. Rather than all getting the same rakeback regardless of if you played any hands, for example, the 5 nits who just fold would get less relativeto the old system, and the one guy playing every pot seeing lots of flops would deservably so get more rakeback. stopping those nitty nitbags from just folding all month and expecting to pick up a pay check.
    Posted by beaneh

That's actually a really good point, when I first started playing here I thought it was contributed.
    But at the sametime, the more tight the table is the less flops are seen.

For example I would get the same amount of c4p for nl10 that I would for nl20, simply because we was seeing more flops at NL10.

yeah but no but !

Does encourage people just to sit around picking up rakeback !
    Believe me I should know )

• edited November 2012
    Robbie have you tried opening a new table yourself like I said earlier? If it's the fun and excitment your after then not only does a new table get you non-regs to play against but you also get to play HU and short handed before the table fills.
  • edited November 2012
    Pretty laughable OP to be honest (in the least possible offensive way). IMO this is no different from the people who say 'I can't win against these bingo players who play any two cards'.

It's basically saying, I don't like what's going on here cos I can't beat them. You just got to learn to adapt, and come to terms with the fact against these type of players, your aim is mostly going to be winning lots of small pots, cos you're not gonna stack them very often unless it's a cooler. You said you get bored of just stealing the blinds, but these people are getting their money in with the nuts (or close) so you won't stack them as often.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Regs killing cash games?:
    They play across all levels, never really play hands unless there premuim hands, and there playing literally all day.  I find these players really boring and i honestly do feel that they ruin the site.  I dont understad why they play all day yet dont play a hand.....until another well known player on here told me that they do that because they earn cash for points and that will equal more then there profits for the month which i think is patheitc as its a poker site made for playing and improving on poker.  Just losing motivation as i liked sky but now its not very appealing to play with these players and know there never really play a hand s there no point even getting kings or aces etc. I get that every site has these players but its proberly made worse because sky has a low volume of players i just think its killing the cash game version of the site abit and its a shame
    Posted by robbie1992
    This has to be the most stupid post ive seen in ages. If I go to a supermarket and your a checkout boy do you have the right to tell me what to spend my money on? The answer is a fat no.

Poker is all about table selection and adjusting to your opponents style, if you can only one table does that suggest that you're playing beyond your bankroll capability? If you want action play a hu game. Jeez. 
  • edited November 2012
    trust an arsenal fan to give an idiot answer......... ill just ignore you

For the others my point isnt what they do and beating them and how they play etc!!!!!!
    its the fac they have like 14 tables open and are not playing hands there ust earning the cash for points and thats the money there earning.....surely you cant agree thats fair?

Plus when you have your monster hands you no your never get paided cause there fold, there just there for the points
  • edited November 2012
    Robbie have you tried opening a new table yourself like I said earlier? If it's the fun and excitment your after then not only does a new table get you non-regs to play against but you also get to play HU and short handed before the table fills.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    no i havnt yet play abit on another site today, but ill play on sky tonight, thankyou for the suggestion . GL to swindon aswell hope di canio doesnt fight any players!