You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Regs killing cash games?

13»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    To close this from my perspective, I still dont agree regs are ruining sky's cash games. Play mornings or late evenings/weekends, select your tables carefully and you can still have a decent game. Regs cant play 24/7.

Rakeback will always be a major factor for full time poker players, with cash generally being tougher these days a lot of them will take a break even scenario if they can earn 2-3k a month from rakeback.  £3k is equivalent to about £50k in a full time job.

Beaneh (he soo reminds me of rowan atkinson!) is one of the few regs who has come out with a good arguement but dont blame the players blame the sites.
  • edited November 2012
    Lets face it....the site has gone to the dogs.Player numbers on the decline.Site saturated with donkathon bounty hunter tournaments and satellites.Hardly any decent tournaments any more.Thankfully Full Tilt is back.Im off to play some proper tournaments.Bye Bye Sky 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Regs killing cash games?:
    In Response to Re: Regs killing cash games? : Lol I dont particularly try and play happy hours, i just play randomly really :-), I can't really complain as i will probably get to 15000 c4p's this month but the games in Novemeber are defiantly alot worse than in September and i think the Kings of Cash are partly to blame. I think if any recreational players played for 2+ hours in October they would of probably of lost money every day, even on fruit machines you win some of the time so i don't know why they would return. If sky spent more money on advertising and giving loosing players free money/free tourny's occasionally instead of c4p's i think the site would be a more fun place to play.  I also agree with Beaneh that the regs that always move seat to get position on the bad player is terrible etiquette.
    Posted by DeuceAK_47
    I actually posted about this last week saying it's got tough to get paid in cash. You must play loads to get 15k in points! I have 2.5k atm.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Regs killing cash games?:
    Lets face it....the site has gone to the dogs.Player numbers on the decline.Site saturated with donkathon bounty hunter tournaments and satellites.Hardly any decent tournaments any more.Thankfully Full Tilt is back.Im off to play some proper tournaments.Bye Bye Sky 
    Posted by Hubzter
    As we speak there is 4k players on the site, I beleive sky has shown a steady increase in players year on year. They are trying to cater for the masses, so whats wrong with multitabling across sites ? There are still deepstack mtts available and non bh.