You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Poker Points system.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    why is it on cash tables u get 6 points for £1 rake paid and for SNG/DYM+MTTs u get 10 points for £1 rake  ??
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: New Poker Points system.:
    why is it on cash tables u get 6 points for £1 rake paid and for SNG/DYM+MTTs u get 10 points for £1 rake  ??
    Posted by sikas
    It does make you wonder if sky have been paying too much in rakeback to cash players they have changed this to save a few quid.
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by sikas
    i mentioned this earlier in the thread and tbh i dont expect anyone to give an official reason.

i could hazard a guess at why 6 points per pound was choosen and it may have something to do with them retaining happy hours and early bird. if this is the case i'd rather they got rid of them so everyone gets equal points per £ across the board
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by sikas
    Early bird & happy hours!
    Can't have your cake and eat it.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: New Poker Points system. : Early bird & happy hours! Can't have your cake and eat it.
    Posted by belsibub
    obviously Sky can

unless your sky

because short handed you pay so much more in rake thats the onlyr reson u get more c4p

i dont get why so many people are so quick to jump to thr defence of what is essentially a multi billion dollar corporation when its clear they are not treating us fairly

the new c4p is kinda bad i mean up to 40% RB on other sites

on this one the c4p parameters now with the new system are laughable

u basicly have to be 10 tabling 10 hrs a day to make any decent c4p on th side
  • edited December 2012

Theres no doubt going to be less rakebck with new system for a profitble player.

However less rakeback = softer tables.

I believe softer tables is better for everyone, especilly in long term.

• edited December 2012
    Theres no doubt going to be less rakebck with new system for a profitble player. However less rakeback = softer tables. I believe softer tables is better for everyone, especilly in long term.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Completely agree tbf.

As some others have said, C4P is just a bonus. We shouldn't be playing just to amount C4P points.
  • edited December 2012
    it's a fairer system if you discount the fact sky are paying out far less overall than before/other sites...

I'd expect to get the same amount in rakeback for points earned than before... surely the only thing that should be changing is how you get those points?

• edited December 2012
    I think the new system is much fairer.  However I think too many people are getting too focused on the points and the C4P/rakeback.  It should have no bearing on how you play the game.  It should not be a fixed income stream you count on.  I don't even count it as poker profit, just a side bonus.  Enjoy the game, beat the game, make money from the game and throw any bonuses you get onto the pile. I've seen a few posts on various forums on the back of C4P/rakeback changes on this and other sites over time say 'the site is giving me a paycut.'  C4P/Rakeback is not a salary.  It's a bonus.
    Posted by TommyD
    Totally disagree with this.
    Most players who put in large volumes would choose a site which gives tham the best rakeback deal.
    To say it would not form part of a salary is just not correct at all.
  • edited December 2012
    Im earning mor epts then i did last month and making the same profit...
  • edited December 2012
    it's a fairer system if you discount the fact sky are paying out far less overall than before/other sites... I'd expect to get the same amount in rakeback for points earned than before... surely the only thing that should be changing is how you get those points?
    Posted by pryce6
    Completely agree that weighted is the fairest method and should be implemented. The issue is Sky awarding only 6 points per £1 raked for cash game players, resulting in such an uncompetitive bonus system as highlighted in the table above.
  • edited December 2012
    Exactly.

If sky sort this out quickly then it will have an effect on where I play for sure. I was thinking of grinding on sky again but if they don't change the points to rake ratio then I'll stay elsewhere.
  • edited December 2012
    i know peopel from my golf club who were always on here

played 1st day of c4p and have now gone elsewhere

and to be honest anyone saying it shouldn't be counted is talking absolute nonsense

when you consider min wage takes home about £800 a month, earning £1-300 c4p every month is a MASSIVE bonus in life and for the bankroll
  • edited December 2012
    I didn't even realise you were still grinding Nick. Definitely annoying 6points per £1. As others have said just ditch the early bird and happy hours if it means we can just have 10points per £1 all the time.
  • edited December 2012
    Doesn't a happy hour boost cash for points by 50%? Therefore meaning 9 points per £1 and still not making up the relative shortfall?

I may be wrong, I haven't bothered to look at the happy hour promo page.
  • edited December 2012
    Doesn't a happy hour boost cash for points by 50%? Therefore meaning 9 points per £1 and still not making up the relative shortfall? I may be wrong, I haven't bothered to look at the happy hour promo page.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yes you're right, it won't make the shortfall, it is 50% extra. But at least if they ditch the happy hour and early bird, maybe Sky won't feel so aggrieved moving it to 10points per £1 cos it will be less of a jump in what they're giving away.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: New Poker Points system. : Yes you're right, it won't make the shortfall, it is 50% extra. But at least if they ditch the happy hour and early bird, maybe Sky won't feel so aggrieved moving it to 10points per £1 cos it will be less of a jump in what they're giving away.
    Posted by Lambert180

promos aimed at starting games are a good thing to have been introduced and as such shouldn't be removed. happy hours were aimed at keeping games running so again reasons can and should be made to keep looking at these things.

no one player will see all the figures for where it's going, so it's very hard to justify the reasons behind anything people say, especially when indidivuals reasons are going to be aligned with the individual rather than the playerpool.
  • edited December 2012
    ^ the player pool as a whole are getting less under the new system. cash players who're the lifeblood of any site are getting less than the sng/dym/mtt players..so i think its perfectly reasonable to expect they should get at least equal to what the mtt players get

weighted cont = good

skys really really rubbish c4p scale = awful

they need to keep weighted but up the payout structure to at least 10p/£1 like every other game and also move the payout parameters

i know for you it doesnt matter and its probably an 'on the side' bonus, but as mentioned, for some smaller grinders the c4p is a very nice and sometimes needed boost for the roll
  • edited December 2012
    hi can someone help me out and explain the new c4p system.over the last few days i have been playing low level cash tables and decided two check my wigget when playin half decent pots yet even when i was putting £3 pound in to the pot and winning i was only getting 2 points is this right as i thought it was 6 points per £1 entered or have i got it wrong thanks guys
  • edited December 2012
    hi can someone help me out and explain the new c4p system.over the last few days i have been playing low level cash tables and decided two check my wigget when playin half decent pots yet even when i was putting £3 pound in to the pot and winning i was only getting 2 points is this right as i thought it was 6 points per £1 entered or have i got it wrong thanks guys
    Posted by ethan2002

The maximum rake taken from any one pot is £1.80, so there might have been some confusion there. If you have any particular questions, feel free to get in touch with Customer Care and they'll take a look into it for you.

• edited December 2012
    Posted by ethan2002
    its 6 points per £ raked not per £ you put in the pot.

raked is taken at 5%for most of the levels apart from the micros where its 7.5%

betting £3 would only amass 22.5p rake at the micro limits and 15p at the other levels so this would be your percentage of the 6 points available per £ so in this example you would be looking at around 1.4 points at the micros or 0.9 points at other levels. if it occurs during happy hour or as part of the early bird promo then add 50% to these total bring it to 2.1 and 1.4. these are just rough figures but are around the correct mark.

hope this helps
  • edited December 2012
    thanks tintin makes sense no cheers mate
  • edited December 2012
    I'm playing elsewhere because of the new system.  Shame really I enjoyed my two months.

I know it's not alot in the grand scheme of things but it's a loss of 30k c4p a month which I believe is over £6k.  Please forgive me if my figures are slightly out.  Maybe someone can tell me exactly how much I rake when making 30k c4p.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm playing elsewhere because of the new system.  Shame really I enjoyed my two months. I know it's not alot in the grand scheme of things but it's a loss of 30k c4p a month which I believe is over £6k.  Please forgive me if my figures are slightly out.  Maybe someone can tell me exactly how much I rake when making 30k c4p.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    my son was raking approximately £1000 a month and he's now playing at some site called betflair or something

pm me the new site you play on? is it contributed or dealt? and what is their %

cheers
  • edited December 2012
    I'm playing elsewhere because of the new system.  Shame really I enjoyed my two months. I know it's not alot in the grand scheme of things but it's a loss of 30k c4p a month which I believe is over £6k.  Please forgive me if my figures are slightly out.  Maybe someone can tell me exactly how much I rake when making 30k c4p.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    6 points = £1
    Sooooo 30k/6= ...
  • edited December 2012
    Nothing against you DONTELMUM but this is the reason the system was changed and its a good thing ,  i played with you quite alot and there is many players on the site especially regs who are on 10+ tables usually the same 4 to a table who just fold fold fold and it does ruin the game.

This new system is good it creates action and basically sais the more you open up the more points you get , as before you could fold and earn alot of points.

I personally am glad they changed it the cash games wer starting to become a joke due to never bein any action and this system will only effect the players who are to tight for there own liking.

I dropped from NL50 to NL20 because of this and had to start playing a stupid amount of hypers to help me with the points but now its points per rake which is great for the more looser.
  • edited December 2012
    Just played a 5p/5p Omaha with Santa.Played 1/2 an hour played a fare few pots being Omaha got "1 POINT" LOL.
  • edited December 2012
    Nothing against you DONTELMUM but this is the reason the system was changed and its a good thing ,  i played with you quite alot and there is many players on the site especially regs who are on 10+ tables usually the same 4 to a table who just fold fold fold and it does ruin the game. This new system is good it creates action and basically sais the more you open up the more points you get , as before you could fold and earn alot of points. I personally am glad they changed it the cash games wer starting to become a joke due to never bein any action and this system will only effect the players who are to tight for there own liking. I dropped from NL50 to NL20 because of this and had to start playing a stupid amount of hypers to help me with the points but now its points per rake which is great for the more looser.
    Posted by kidwiz10

Nothing against you kidwiz but surely if this was the case it would be very easy for you to adapt your game and make some very easy money?  I think you might have been finding it tough to beat the regs!

• edited December 2012
    Posted by Donttelmum

sorry to see go and play elsewhere donttelmum I enjoyed playing you at the tables we had a few battles lol wish you the best of luck where you play buddy.

regarding the points system its working for me atm because I do quite a lot of pots just my style but overall think will its a much fairer way like others have said on the thread.

• edited December 2012
    Thx for reply dontelmum , i didnt say the games wer harder at NL50 they wer just so pointless as there was never any action.

A few people had mentioned this up to last 2 weeks of last month only time you would get action was against there range which is basically AQ right through to AA and they only ever bluffed 1 street.

Its not easy to make money off players who have such a tight range and it was pointed out that these players would fold constantly to get a nice cash for points back.

Now this system is changed it wont suit them at all and its obviously the reason why you have chosen to leave the site due to bein tight yourself.

As liamboi pointed out it will suit the more looser and it has done with me so far to a great depth , but it should have always been this way why should players who contribute more to the site get the same amount as them who fold all the time.

Best news ive heard about sky when they changed the cash for points the 6points per £1 rake might be a bit on the low side compared to mtt/stt but im not gunna complain im happy about this change