You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Poker Points system.

13»

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: New Poker Points system.:
    Thx for reply dontelmum , i didnt say the games wer harder at NL50 they wer just so pointless as there was never any action. A few people had mentioned this up to last 2 weeks of last month only time you would get action was against there range which is basically AQ right through to AA and they only ever bluffed 1 street. Its not easy to make money off players who have such a tight range and it was pointed out that these players would fold constantly to get a nice cash for points back. Now this system is changed it wont suit them at all and its obviously the reason why you have chosen to leave the site due to bein tight yourself. As liamboi pointed out it will suit the more looser and it has done with me so far to a great depth , but it should have always been this way why should players who contribute more to the site get the same amount as them who fold all the time. Best news ive heard about sky when they changed the cash for points the 6points per £1 rake might be a bit on the low side compared to mtt/stt but im not gunna complain im happy about this change
    Posted by kidwiz10

Adapt. Call in position more, and stack them when you flop 2pr+ hands and it's obv they have OPs. Makes it easy to know where you are postflop. Check/raise a ton of flops, use the fact that they won't carry on without a VERY strong hand against them. If they start adjusting, then hey, they aint so tight any more and you got what oyu want ;)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: New Poker Points system. : Adapt. Call in position more, and stack them when you flop 2pr+ hands and it's obv they have OPs. Makes it easy to know where you are postflop. Check/raise a ton of flops, use the fact that they won't carry on without a VERY strong hand against them. If they start adjusting, then hey, they aint so tight any more and you got what oyu want ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    you're assuming these players are bad. If you just suddently start check raising tonnes of flops, you think they'll just fold 2nd pair? nopzies

on the thread topic, it IS fairer, but I agree with dontellmother that 6p/£1r is way too low
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: New Poker Points system. : you're assuming these players are bad. If you just suddently start check raising tonnes of flops, you think they'll just fold 2nd pair? nopzies on the thread topic, it IS fairer, but I agree with dontellmother that 6p/£1r is way too low
    Posted by percival09
    I was just giving a very generic answer, obviosuly every single player is different, some are tighter than others blah blah, but I'm sure there's people who can beat the 50NL nits, so learn to do what they do (not you Perc lol)
  • edited December 2012
    My issues are more to do with 6 points for £1 raked rather than the weighted contribution.

It's also hard to play creative aggressive poker when multi tabling.  

• edited December 2012
    I've been playing 50nl since August and tbh this is the first month I've noticed a significant difference in C4P...My game is very different to the nits/tags mass tabling at the stake, i play alot of hands and see alot of flops as a red line player and start alot of tables, avoiding the nit/tag heavey cooler tables unless i can get a god seat 

If i'm seeing a huge difference... its only due to the point reduction per £1 not the contribution calculation change. 
    Basically if your a reg and you can't play every happy hour your now far worse off... nit or lag. 

To me personally tho, it doesn't make a difference  as i usually just donate my C4P to charity so not too bothered... due to my volume it doesnt really make a high % of my profit unlike some of the grinders who i expect to move over to other sites in jan if corrections arent made. But it will take a couple of months to kick in imo - as most mass tablers are always a bit slow at adjusting!!! haha
  • edited December 2012

^^^^

Hi Bruff,

It is quite possible that there may be some adjustments to how WC works once the business has examined how it is working. The figures will be thoroughly interrogated (as they already are being) & decisions made accordingly.

I would be quite surprised, personally, if everything about the new system was 100% perfect straight out of the box, so to speak.

If any further changes are made, they will be made known on the Community in the usual manner.