You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( DECEMBER )

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( DECEMBER ):
    I imagine it is because of playing the higher games yes, although i would see less flops at the higher games, so im not too sure. And yes definately standing down is the best thing when you have made say 2 or 3 times what u sat with. The way i look at it is theres 2 free buy in's at another table.  I'm sure alot of the reg's at these tables wouldn't like the way i do business up there, but im here to make money.
    Posted by smarr
    thanks mate,

what about table selection?
    does that bother you,or are you just happy finding any table and playing?

dev
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    personally i like short handed tables, each to their own tho, as said before it can all go bad, lost around £100 tonight but joined a bigger table ( obviously a receipe for disaster ), but managed to claw back my losses and ended up with another £100 profit.

C4P : 6159
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( DECEMBER ):
    personally i like short handed tables, each to their own tho, as said before it can all go bad, lost around £100 tonight but joined a bigger table ( obviously a receipe for disaster ), but managed to claw back my losses and ended up with another £100 profit. C4P : 6159
    Posted by smarr
    well done mate,

don't know if my old ticker could take all the excitement playing the high levels.  lol
    looks as though i'm going to struggle keeping near you with all them c4p u r raking in atm.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    personally i like short handed tables, each to their own tho, as said before it can all go bad, lost around £100 tonight but joined a bigger table ( obviously a receipe for disaster ), but managed to claw back my losses and ended up with another £100 profit. C4P : 6159
    Posted by smarr
    I imagine it is because of playing the higher games yes, although i would see less flops at the higher games, so im not too sure. And yes definately standing down is the best thing when you have made say 2 or 3 times what u sat with. The way i look at it is theres 2 free buy in's at another table.  I'm sure alot of the reg's at these tables wouldn't like the way i do business up there, but im here to make money.
    Hey Smarr - you should've hung about that table I was getting started, got juicey, the dude that took your £20 eventually decided he didn't like money and shipped it over to me, plus some. 

Just thought you might want to know where that £15, erh i mean £20 went. I'll pm you the hand if you like.. to needle you some more if you like? I'm only jesting by the way.. 

But in all honesty treating shortstacking as freerolling is bad brm imo... nice work on the points front tho lads. I keep popping by to see how things are panning out. 
  • edited December 2012
    possibly but your bankroll is alot safer than mine with the way im playing! I could easily lose my roll in a few days with a bad run.
  • edited December 2012
    Hey Smarr - you should've hung about that table I was getting started, got juicey, the dude that took your £20 eventually decided he didn't like money and shipped it over to me, plus some.  Just thought you might want to know where that £15, erh i mean £20 went. I'll pm you the hand if you like.. to needle you dome more if you like? I'm only jesting by the way.. 
    Posted by TPTP123

nice choice of comments mate :), few beers in me tonight, and cant win at every table or i would be a millionaire by now. Thought everyone was bluffing me tonight, so unless i got lucky and a few people were i wasnt making any money! lol, yeah send me the hand for kicks 
  • edited December 2012
    i dont treat it as freerolling as such tptp123, i prefer to short stack tho, i have always been better at it... maybe because im an all in monkey maybe not lol! who knows. 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( DECEMBER ) : nice choice of comments mate :), few beers in me tonight, and cant win at every table or i would be a millionaire by now. Thought everyone was bluffing me tonight, so unless i got lucky and a few people were i wasnt making any money! lol, yeah send me the hand for kicks 
    haha.. i'll send it over a bit later... 

btw this lesson is free (no £5 fee this time) I are the table chat king kong.. its best not to engage me in chitty chatty next times.. mostly i'm in miniview but simetimes i flick to standard just so i can have a chuckle.. glad i did today.. 

and snap on the drunk front, i played last night after 5 pints and lost a few buyins which kinda sucked. 

p.s. theres more discipline to SS than you think, its not just all about the all rin, check out SSS on 2+2... 
  • edited December 2012
    haha the chat front worked in a few other tables, people wouldnt sit in so i said the same as what i said to u and they sat in and i made some money, so its been noted. :)
  • edited December 2012
    thats right, note in my player notes tab. "Chitty Chatty King Kong - do not engage"

edit: I can't pm the hand as too large so cba, its nothing to special. 
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    what is 2+2??
    Posted by smarr
    Google it. Biggest poker forum about, but people who think that people are rude/sarcastic etc on the Sky Forum will get a rude awakening going on there lol.

Some great info on there
  • edited December 2012
    Finished last night on 4284 - I expect to make about 4-500 hundred again today
  • edited December 2012
    Good luck flash.

I'm going out for dinner this afternoon for my brothers birthday, so wont be playing much today. Got in a good session this morning though.

Profit: £223.73
    C4P: 6400

Run well everyone
  • edited December 2012
    got on this evening and finished 2nd in a bh for £130 and got a nice £80 profit on cash. Going well....

C4P : 6572
  • edited December 2012
    Well I made 550 points in the end yesterday, so I'm now on 4834

Ran really bad again, but I can honestly say I don't remember making many mistakes which is pleasing. Finished £20 down, but considering I lost about 5 in a row on bad beats (and pretty bad ones at that) that's not a bad result.
  • edited December 2012
    i played abit of cash after my last post

17 Dec '12 at 03:28PokerGlasgow£141.50£141.50Poker AIR clientHand History

Over 1k profit from Thursday and 6634 points starting out today, should easily make priority for the first time.
  • edited December 2012
    i played abit of cash after my last post 17 Dec '12 at 03:28 Poker Glasgow £141.50 £141.50 Poker AIR client Hand History Over 1k profit from Thursday and 6634 points starting out today, should easily make priority for the first time.
    Posted by smarr
    nice 1 smarr,

looks like i'm playing the wrong game.  lol
    i has my 1st day off this month y/day,watched Sports Personality,enjoyed re-living the memories again.
    going to have to get back on track this week with c4p,starting now.
    gl everone
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( DECEMBER ) : nice 1 smarr, looks like i'm playing the wrong game.  lol i has my 1st day off this month y/day,watched Sports Personality,enjoyed re-living the memories again. going to have to get back on track this week with c4p,starting now. gl everone dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    nah mate like i said its risky, i had lost alot of my roll the other day and then won a big pot at 200NL to bring me back to even.

But the C4P's are flying up!

Current: 6823
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: C4P DAILY TARGETS TO REACH 10K FOR PRIORITY CLUB ( DECEMBER ) : nah mate like i said its risky, i had lost alot of my roll the other day and then won a big pot at 200NL to bring me back to even. But the C4P's are flying up! Current: 6823
    Posted by smarr
    that's the thing mate,risky v reward.
    i'm guessing it's big swings both ways.
    i'll stick to my DYM's for the moment i think....
    coward.  lol

anyway,back playing today won £14.30 now down £129.37 for the month,so grinding it back...slowly.
    still running pretty bad so not to un-happy with how it stands.

c4p 5576

laters
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    Much better night for me tonight! Can only really remember 1 suck out, but then I returned the favour in a different game so pretty standard.

My points haul was stopped though this afternoon as I wanted to play when the site was down so that cost me abput 150-200 points :(

C4P - 5139
  • edited December 2012
    i have just topped 7k with 7023 points. I have never came close to this before! and to get this close to priority so early is insane for me.

Keep going lads!!! We can all get there!

EDIT: Logging off tonight now, had a pretty bad night with a £60 loss.
    C4P: 7260
  • edited December 2012

c4p  5930

just ahead of schedule...
    laters
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    iv given up on priority, after a very bad run at cash and knowing i won tbe able to play for 3 - 4 days over xmas, at my limits it is hard to gain an extra 300 - 400 a day to cover my days off, so i will be trying next month i think, i have already not played for 3 - 4 day this month and have 4200 so i think i could do it if i put my head down next month
  • edited December 2012
    iv given up on priority, after a very bad run at cash and knowing i won tbe able to play for 3 - 4 days over xmas, at my limits it is hard to gain an extra 300 - 400 a day to cover my days off, so i will be trying next month i think, i have already not played for 3 - 4 day this month and have 4200 so i think i could do it if i put my head down next month
    Posted by shaun09
    hi shaun,
    don't blame u 4 stopping mate,it's a slog,putting it mildly.
    it's possible but a tough grind 4 us 'little fish'
    have a good xmas mate.
    dev
  • edited December 2012

c4p  6173

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    keep going guys
    i just can't do the grind at the moment so really impressed
  • edited December 2012
    keep going guys i just can't do the grind at the moment so really impressed
    Posted by Jac35
    you're not missing much mate i can tell you.  lol
    been playing 18/20 tables every session and only had y/day off.

looks as though it's all going 2b 4 nothing atm,as i am £170 down this month so far.
    feel as though i'm playing ok,making the odd mistake here and there but not anything major.
    just hit a downswing at the wrong time i think..
    still,i'm not the kinda guy that gives up when things get rough,so i'm sure it will come good again.

hoping to have time for xmas lunch...
    failing that a turkey sandwich will have to do.

enjoying the challenge anyway,as always.
    keep going guys...

only 12 days to go!!!

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2012
    come on boys we can do it 

about 300 off target at the mo but will make a catch up on it 

had a nice result just as cashed 6th in the priority main for £195 

we can do it