You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Redesign - Feedback/Comments please

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Good morning all!

So, we've given the homepage a bit of a paint job. It's taken us a while as a project and we could have happily spent another few months tweaking this and that. We've decided to let it loose to the world now, but I for one would appreciate your feedback on the design and some of the functionality.

One thing we are aware of is that the fonts on some promotion and community pages have been altered. We'll be looking to update these next. We're also firmly of the mentality that it's an evolving piece of work, with even more tweaks coming. 

Anyway, enough from me. Let me know what you think, if you come across any issues and please keep it as honest and constructive as possible.

Thanks all, and good luck to you all at the tables.

Dave

Comments

• edited December 2012
    tbh Dave,my initial reaction was i didn't like it,but again tbh it's now growing on me.
    keep up the good work SKY
    :)
    dev
  • edited December 2012

Prob gonna get some stick on this thread! Priorities!!! ;)

I'll leave it for someone else to moan tho :P 

Looks very similar to me, can't really see many differences... 

It's alright though. But it was fine before. hmmmmmm. 
  • edited December 2012

Hi Dave
    These links are too small -

Home Forum Blogs My Profile

And the home page is far too big, i've never really been a scrolly kind of person but it may grow on me. I initially didn't realise that if I scrolled down the home page there was more info. Maybe i'm just a little lazey or just used to the old format.

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Redesign - Feedback/Comments please:
    Hi Dave These links are too small - Home Forum Blogs My Profile And the home page is far too big, i've never really been a scrolly kind of person but it may grow on me. I initially didn't realise that if I scrolled down the home page there was more info. Maybe i'm just a little lazey or just used to the old format.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trev,

Dave addressed that in his OP, though I think he inadvertently omitted the word "not"......

"....One thing we are aware of is that the fonts on some promotion and community pages have been altered. We'll be looking to update these next....."

It is a work in progress, & there will be tweaks, fiffs & faffs over the coming weeks.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Redesign - Feedback/Comments please : Hi Trev, Dave addressed that in his OP, though I think he inadvertently omitted the word "not"...... "....One thing we are aware of is that the fonts on some promotion and community pages have been altered. We'll be looking to update these next....." It is a work in progress, & there will be tweaks, fiffs & faffs over the coming weeks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay.
    I was specifically making the OP aware the size of the links as opposed to the size of the fonts on the website in general just incase there was any confusion.

Fonts are easily confused.................see example below :)

fonts  plural of font (Noun)

Noun
    1. A receptacle in a church for the water used in baptism, typically a freestanding stone structure.
    2. A set of type of one particular face and size.
  • edited December 2012
    I only want to raise an issue or two.

The default text is all black now. I liked the nice, friendly grey that was used in the olden days (yesterday). It may sound like I'm being petty but this is a serious post. I genuinely preferred the grey. I'm not kidding. I'm really, really not.

Emoticons would be handy, too.

I'm very fussy, aren't I?
  • edited December 2012
    PokerTrev - I know precisely where you mean. That's being looked at today hopefully.
    Borin - No, I know what you mean. Again, it's a knock-on from some of the changes made elsewhere on the site. I tend to agree with you personally so I'll suggest a tweak back to the more friendly grey :)

Keep them coming, folks - appreciate the comments so far.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Redesign - Feedback/Comments please : Hi Tikay. I was specifically making the OP aware the size of the links as opposed to the size of the fonts on the website in general just incase there was any confusion. Fonts are easily confused.................see example below :) fonts    plural of font (Noun) Noun A receptacle in a church for the water used in baptism, typically a freestanding stone structure. A set of type of one particular face and size.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    AAarrgghhh!

Shoot me now, Trev, please.

PS - You are, of course, completely right, & I am, of course, a complete idiot.
  • edited December 2012

Are we getting 'smilies' then??? 

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Redesign - Feedback/Comments please : AAarrgghhh! Shoot me now, Trev, please. PS - You are, of course, completely right, & I am, of course, a complete idiot.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay.
    Did you know that "Steve Jobs" created some of the very first "Fonts" for the Mac PC. He was originally going to name them after stops on a Philadelphia Train Route, but decided to name them after his favourite Cities instead. So original fonts had the typographical character of Cities.

If only he had stuck to naming them after train stops hey?.................the world could be a different place :)

How many fonts would there have been on the Philadelphia Train Route and what would they have been called?
  • edited December 2012

^^^^^

That, Trev, is quality trivia!

I have just finished reading a book about Mr Jobs, I think I have read 4 or 5 on him now.

Quite a character, & clever beyond belief, we can but be in awe of such lateral thinking combined with a stratospheric IQ. He was not, however, quite the Mr Nice Guy so many imagined him to be.

Still in awe of him though.

Anyway, back to the Home Page redesign, fonts & all.
  • edited December 2012

Some of the text is too small for me to read

• edited December 2012
    Some of the text is too small for me to read
    Posted by cleansweep
    In a word...................

font :)
  • edited December 2012
    Who cares how it looks, it's the content that matter's
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Redesign - Feedback/Comments please : In a word................... font :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Size matters!

Style not so much!

so yes FONT Trev

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker Redesign - Feedback/Comments please : Size matters! Style not so much!
    Posted by cleansweep

...........Said Greghogg
  • edited December 2012
    My first impression was everything seemed Sqaurer and more rigid. I am not sure if that was the affect you were going for but as with most things at first you are not sure about it but after a while you have forgot what it was like before.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Dave

Change is as good as a rest m8.........I wouldn't even mind change in colour bakground but probably infringes on SKY colours somewhere. I tend to agreewith Jonjo...as it does seem a bit blocky but we noticed so at least it had an affect. It would be worse if no one noticed.
    My sky hd set up has changed and is better for it except that to get catch up i've got to connect tv with my modem in hallway...another wire trailing thro' house.
  • edited December 2012
    Profman, you can get a wireless connector thingamibob for your Sky box for about £20, I think. No need for the wire, although I imagine the wire is cheaper.
  • edited December 2012
    I like it. Nicely laid out and I quite like the change of fonts.

• edited December 2012
    Is there a problem with anyones HH search facility? And if so, could it be related to this?

On the advanced search option, you can drill in to hands from a specific time, for example between 7.20 and 9.20 on Monday.

On mine at the mo I can input the start time and date, but not the end time. 

is this just me? thnx. 

edit* tried to attatch a screenshot. there's no box to input the hour.....

• edited December 2012
    Just tried, i'm having the same problem.

There's a button to change the time from in hours and minutes but only a minutes button for the time to search upto.

• edited December 2012
    I'm neutral on the cosmetic changes, not really too bothered what it looks like tbh.

However I'm definitely pleased to see the timebar now moves much faster when it's time to muck or show (about 7 seconds decision time?), there's also an extra noise to alert you too.

A welcome blow against those who use the muck/show cards decision to stall in tournaments.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm neutral on the cosmetic changes, not really too bothered what it looks like tbh. However I'm pleased to see the timebar now moves much faster when it's time to muck or show (about 7 seconds decision time?), there's also an extra noise to alert you too. A welcome blow against those who use the muck/show cards decision to stall in tournaments.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +1 to this, plus it no longer seems to sit you out if you are multi-tabling and don't notice that there is the need to much a winning hand which is a bonus.

Although it would still be nice if there could be an auto-muck option for all hands rather than just losing ones...

Forum looks sharper bar the aforementioned tiny text, definitely an improvement imo
  • edited December 2012
    I think the main page is like the sticky's on the forum. Nobody really looks at either... The lobbys are still the same and I think that's where you find people looking the most. 
  • edited December 2012
    I think the main page is like the sticky's on the forum. Nobody really looks at either... The lobbys are still the same and I think that's where you find people looking the most. 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    NEW players do.......in addition, existing players click through to stuff a LOT from the Home Page. ("Clicks" are monitored & measured).

PS - Good to see you Saturday. Hope you enjoyed the day.
  • edited December 2012
    Maybe it's just me then.

Yeah it was good to see a lot of old faces (I had dollie on my table) Looked like it ran very smoothly as usual. Well done!

P.S Was good to see you back doing the running commentry of old. It really is a vital part of SPTs IMO.
  • edited December 2012
    Prob gonna get some stick on this thread! Priorities!!! ;) I'll leave it for someone else to moan tho :P  Looks very similar to me, can't really see many differences...  It's alright though. But it was fine before. hmmmmmm. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This. 
  • edited December 2012
    Prob gonna get some stick on this thread! Priorities!!! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1, looks worse 
  • edited December 2012
    I like it. But please make some of the fonts a little bit larger - especially the cash for points tab.