You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE -

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Good luck with the diary Alan, will be an interesting read.

(if anyone is here for directions it's the wrong diary)

Comments

• edited February 2013
    The one they have all been waiting for....ish.

BACKGROUND
    Been a Sky Poker regular for a good few years now and class myself as an average player although I only play  MTT's and some STT's. I am still in profit (albeit only a small amount) and had my two biggest C4P's months in the last two months of 2012. Proud member of the poker forum team who were the originals on here - Team Knight Poker.

BIGGEST WIN TO DATE
    R/U in primo......a long long time ago.

GOALS
    To take my MTT game to the next level by studying the game more and getting out to play more live games this year.

REASON FOR DIARY
    Been thinking about it for a while and decided to go for it  after being impressed with some of the diaries on here already like TommyD's, Greghogg's, GaryQQQ's, DOHHHH's and Shuv's punting diary to name but a few.

WHAT WILL/WILL NOT BE IN THIS DIARY
    Not 100% sure yet but will go with the flow! I will try to include some life stories and, within reason, answer any questions posed. I will try not to post hands.....do bad beat bleats.....or general poker moans. I will however mention every bubble I get as that is the one thing that tilts me! 

I hope this is going to be a very interactive diary.

• edited January 2013
    Goodluck. Im sure alot of people will be following this like the other Diarys
  • edited January 2013
    Yawn... not another diary! :)

Best of luck mate... As for posting every bubble, I will copy and paste them from the TKP FB page onto here if you want, save you a job!

As to improving your mtt game... friendly bit of advice... stop folding when u should be accumulating chips!! The mid to late stages are when you need to get pedal to the metal, not fold to a min cash... jmho... 

• edited January 2013
    kidgrimsby 41000 1 Entry to £15k Sky Sports BH
    rivermunky 0 2 Entry to £15k Sky Sports BH
    BRADSHAW34 0 3 Entry to £15k Sky Sports BH

karlluke 0 4 Entry to £15k Sky Sports BH + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £33, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    vegasman 0 5 £3.30
    MAXALLY 0 6
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE:
    Goodluck. Im sure alot of people will be following this like the other Diarys
    Posted by shaun09

Cheers Shaun.
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck with the diary Alan, will be an interesting read. (if anyone is here for directions it's the wrong diary)
    Posted by Machka

TY Aaron. It will prob keep you mods busy at least if nothing else :)
  • edited January 2013
    Yawn... not another diary! :) Best of luck mate... As for posting every bubble, I will copy and paste them from the TKP FB page onto here if you want, save you a job! As to improving your mtt game... friendly bit of advice... stop folding when u should be accumulating chips!! The mid to late stages are when you need to get pedal to the metal, not fold to a min cash... jmho... 
    Posted by GREGHOGG

LOL. I was after some advice off proper players TBH...not fellow bubble heads! But cheers anyway :)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE:
    I will however mention every bubble I get as that is the one thing that tilts me! 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    So 3+ posts a day then ;)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE : So 30+ posts a day then ;)
    Posted by Lambert180

FYP. :)
  • edited January 2013
    Gl m8....you're on a heater right now so looking forward to reading this
  • edited January 2013
    Gl m8....your on a heater right now so looking forward to reading this
    Posted by waller02

Cheers mate. 1st MTT bink since starting diary, so I thought I would post it! Only a £3.30 27 runner but hey ho....a good start.

MAXALLY540001£27alanstew02£16.20proff0003£10.80

• edited January 2013
    Good luck Al, run good mate!
  • edited January 2013
    good on you
    i found doing my diary (double or quits) a few months ago a very good way to:
    1. understand my play better
    2. push myself
    3. be honest with my results
    4. find my leaks

it was a very beneficial thing for me to do and I hope your's is for u2.

• edited January 2013

good luck Alan....

and hope 2013 is a good 1 4 u.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited January 2013

Cheers for your GL messages Mike/Geldy/Dev.

JAN Review so far -   Won some, lost some.
  • edited January 2013
    Maxy's diary.

So much win.  :)

Question, I've noticed that most recent PDC champions are from Stoke on Trent.  As a Stokie yourself can I ask if Darts is actually taught in schools there?
  • edited January 2013
    Gl with it mate
  • edited January 2013

Good Luck with this Maxy

Question - What got you playing Poker?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE:
    The one they have all been waiting for....ish. BACKGROUND Been a Sky Poker regular for a good few years now and class myself as an average player although I only play  MTT's and some STT's. I am still in profit (albeit only a small amount) and had my two biggest C4P's months in the last two months of 2012. Proud VICE CAPTAIN of the poker forum team who were the originals on here -  Team Knight Poker. BIGGEST WIN TO DATE R/U in primo......a long long time ago. GOALS To take my MTT game to the next level by studying the game more and getting out to play more live games this year. REASON FOR DIARY Been thinking about it for a while and decided to go for it  after being impressed with some of the diaries on here already like TommyD's, Greghogg's, GaryQQQ's, DOHHHH's and Shuv's punting diary to name but a few. WHAT WILL/WILL NOT BE IN THIS DIARY Not 100% sure yet but will go with the flow! I will try to include some life stories and, within reason, answer any questions posed. I will try not to post hands.....do bad beat bleats.....or general poker moans. I will however mention every bubble I get as that is the one thing that tilts me!  I hope this is going to be a very interactive diary. ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY

FYP

By the way, best vicey ever (ish)

Worst of luck with your diary dear, look forward to hearing lots of bubble stories :o))

xx

• edited January 2013
    Looking forward to this. Should be worth a few laffs along the way whether Maxy intends it or not.
  • edited January 2013

Good on yer Alan, looking forward to this m8.  Will you be posting your skybet progress as well?

• edited January 2013
    Hi Maxally

Good luck and enjoy your diary. Let's see what you're made of, eh?
  • edited January 2013
    Maxy's diary. So much win.  :) Question, I've noticed that most recent PDC champions are from Stoke on Trent.  As a Stokie yourself can I ask if Darts is actually taught in schools there?
    Posted by TommyD

Cheers Tommy, and thanks for the question.

I was actually born and breed in Nottingham but moved around the country in my childhood with my Father's Quantity Surveyors work with Tarmac. We moved to Stoke when he was on the management side working on constructing the Queensway (now called the A500) through the city.

Sorry, what was the question? Oh...darts.

There is a multitude of darts talent in this city. Taylor, Lewis, Hamiliton, and ofc Bristow! There are also a load of England International Pool players....probably some national cribbage champions and Bar Skittles professionals! Basically, any pub sport really :)

• edited January 2013
       Good Luck with this Maxy   Question - What got you playing Poker?
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Hi Michael, hope you are well and thanks for your question.

I started playing cards at a very young age when the old man used to teach us kids all kinds of different variants of cards. When I hit drinking age (or just before if truth be known) this led into playing pub card games like 3 card brag, cribbage etc. Poker was just a natural progression from this. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE : FYP By the way, best vicey ever (ish) Worst of luck with your diary dear, look forward to hearing lots of bubble stories :o)) xx
    Posted by TRIP5

Cheers.....worse skip ever! x
  • edited January 2013
    Looking forward to this. Should be worth a few laffs along the way whether Maxy intends it or not.
    Posted by FlyingDagg

TY Dale....hopefully there will be some humour in here.....even if it is at my expense :)
  • edited January 2013
      Good on yer Alan, looking forward to this m8.  Will you be posting your skybet progress as well?
    Posted by pomfrittes

Cheers Bill. Betting progress????.....that would indicate I actually win! I wish I did! TBH, I only have a very small flutter every now and again and don't really study form/understand the racing world.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Maxally Good luck and enjoy your diary. Let's see what you're made of, eh?
    Posted by profman15

TY Steve. I am made of everything nice.....with a little bit of naughty chucked in for good measure :)
  • edited January 2013
    well i havnt read anything interesting yet, move it along alan :-)
  • edited January 2013
    Alan!! GL!!

I offer My Services for a 'De-Gen De-Brief' in Al's Bar at the end of every Day!!
    Am sure this wont help!! But i'll only Charge you a Pint!!

The Hitman