You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE -

13»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    At least you tried.

I was top half with 10 left and 6 paid the other day. Then suddenly I was 8/8 with only a few BB left. Never a good idea to doze off during a game.......
  • edited March 2013
    hi maxally been away from forums for abit so only read yhour diary today great read, got a qeusdtion for you, do you approach different buy in tournaments in a different way? eg would you aim to play the same way in a £3.30 bh as in a £55 bh?
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE -:
    hi maxally been away from forums for abit so only read yhour diary today great read, got a qeusdtion for you, do you approach different buy in tournaments in a different way? eg would you aim to play the same way in a £3.30 bh as in a £55 bh?
    Posted by RLT16
    Yes RLT16 regardless of buy in, he aim's to get to the bubble and bust out (sorry Alan could'nt resist)
    Regards ALAN.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by RLT16

Hi there, and thanks for your question.

I dont really change my game whatever the buy in TBH. As I normally sat into the bigger games, I never really play with scared money so just try to play all tournaments the same. This is where I am probably going wrong but I know it works for me, most of the time anyway.
    The ONLY time when I did freeze and play like a rabbit caught in the head lights was when I satted into the big £550 buy in event at one of the UKOPS. I was well out of my comfort zone and it did affect my play.
    Never be afraid of the 'bigger' BR players as they still only have the same starting stack as you and only play with the same number of cards as you...

Good luck at the tables!
  • edited March 2013

Sunday Satellite Saturation Suicide!

looked at my account history this morning and realised how much of my BR I had blown on sats yesterday. Wow........I really need to apply some BRM for these now as I do get carried away some days with the amount I play.

I have to admit that some of the play in the low buy in sats is questionable at best and really does not allow for optimal sat strategy. Hence my best results have come in the all in pre flop sats!

looking forward to Cheltenham week. I think poker will take a back seat while I chuck some more of my BR down the drain picking some donkeys rather than playing with some donkeys! :)

• edited March 2013
    I remember Benny Bearproof wrote an interesting post on the THS page ages ago about being rolled for satellites.

In summary it basically said.... you can't say I have X BR and can play £5 MTTs so that means I can play £5 satellites. When you play a satellite, if it is say 1in5, a £5 sat into a £25 game, assuming you're a good player then you may think on average it will take you 3 attempts to get through these satellites. So you have to say to yourself am I rolled to pay £15 cos that's what you expect to pay long term to get into the game.

Probably heard it before but I thought it was interesting :)

Hopefully see you in Stratford
  • edited April 2013

MARCH UPDATE

This will be a tough one! Just finished in 36th (34 paid) in tonight's UKOPS Main. I got in thanks to a freeroll which only cost me 50p in total , but it still sucks to miss out on even a min cash which I really needed this month.

My BR has dived quicker than Tom Daley recently, and for this reason I had already decided to have a break from playing so much poker. I will still continue to support the forum games, but really really cut back. I only got about 1,750 ish C4P's in March, but as this has been my worse month for a couple of years, I will have to accept the fact that I will never make any serious money from the game. 

Not too sure I will continue with this diary either, as I will not be playing as much and the forum is getting slightly saturated with diaries now.

Cheers to all who have contributed to it though, or even read it.

I have been having more success on the horses in the last few weeks than poker so I best use up the rest of my BR on that! Roll on the Grand National!

• edited April 2013
    Ouch, so near yet so far last night. I hope you run better in April, I for one hope that we haven't seen the last of this diary.
  • edited April 2013
    Very unlucky.  Hope April goes much better for you.  A heater awaits :)
  • edited June 2013

April/May Update - went the same as previous months TBH ie, downward spiral BR and results wise.

I actually had to deposit in May, which was the 1st time in a very long time, which took the edge of poker for a while........but I am back in that saddle and trying to enjoy it all again and look forward to June!

After a load of people saying I should revive this diary (well, the voices in my head!).........its back!

Looking forward to SPT Brumland this w/end.

• edited June 2013
    More posts please, good diary.
    Hope you start running better.

Doesn't look like I'll be able to buy in directly for Saturday, but I'm going to turn up anyway and play the comp at night.
    Be nice to meet a few of the people off the forum.
  • edited June 2013
    More posts please, good diary. Hope you start running better. Doesn't look like I'll be able to buy in directly for Saturday, but I'm going to turn up anyway and play the comp at night. Be nice to meet a few of the people off the forum.
    Posted by Jac35

Cheers Jac.

If you get there early enough, there may be an 'alternates' list which you can add your name to. It is usually for the 1st few levels. If not, come and say hello.......I will prob be at the bar @ about 2.15pm! after I get KO.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE - : Cheers Jac. If you get there early enough, there may be an 'alternates' list which you can add your name to. It is usually for the 1st few levels. If not, come and say hello.......I will prob be at the bar @ about 2.15pm! after I get KO.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    What are you talking about? Out by 2:15! No way, you are going all the way with this one.

Not done the fantasy SPT team yet, your number 1 on my list!

Good luck to you, I hope you bring it down!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE - : Cheers Jac. If you get there early enough, there may be an 'alternates' list which you can add your name to. It is usually for the 1st few levels. If not, come and say hello.......I will prob be at the bar @ about 2.15pm! after I get KO.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    See you at the bar 2-2.30.
    Just luckboxed a seat
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE - : See you at the bar 2-2.30. Just luckboxed a seat
    Posted by Jac35

Nice one! well done.

PS....it is your round :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: DIARY OF A DISILLUSIONED DEGENERATE - : What are you talking about? Out by 2:15! No way, you are going all the way with this one. Not done the fantasy SPT team yet, your number 1 on my list! Good luck to you, I hope you bring it down!
    Posted by LARSON7

TY.
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013

Cliffs on SPT Brumland.

Friday - Drunk.
    Sat morn - Hangover.
    Sat afternoon - Drunk again.

Played some poker in between, badly.

Volunteered to deal a SNG - mistake. KK v 77 aipf about 3rd hand. 7 out 1st card, the end.

Great atmosphere down there and so pleased with the H/U pairing of Roguecell & Jac35.

• edited June 2013
    Cliffs on SPT. Friday - Drunk. Sat morn - Hangover. Sat afternoon - Scottish. Played some poker in between, badly. Volunteered to deal a SNG - mistake. KK v 77. 7 out 1st card, the end. Great atmosphere down there and so pleased with the H/U pairing of Roguecell & Jac35.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    FYP
  • edited August 2013

Quick short pointless update

June/July - Same as same as. ie.....poker/betting not going well.

August goals - To enjoy the footy!

Actually just posted in here for no other reason but to bump it above TRIP5's/SAM52's diary (?)! LOL, feel like we could have some diary wars on our hands. Yes, I know I will lose, but love a challenge :)
  • edited October 2013

August/September update
     - won a bit....... lost a bit............. didn't enjoy poker........... enjoyed poker a little. 

Currently bearing up under the strain of life (ish). I think I need a holiday soon.

For those of you giving up drinking and/or smoking in Stoptober......GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK. 

PS....nice to see that girls' diary, mentioned above, doing so well.