You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you trying to tell me its not fixed

edited January 2010 in Area 51
thought i would try sky poker again after a long break,played in primo and played very well(even if i do say so myself),folded pocket kings on flop etc.
then new player joins table i go all in with 33 on the button for half his stack he calls with 3/10 and hits 10 on river,so what unlucky i here you say,but heres the thing he called any all in and won them all calling with 46/82,he called all his chips with j6 v ak and hits full house,no one can get lucky to that extent so now tell me its not fixed!!

ps anyone remember starrider??
dont ask the suits because he is the who can never be mentioned!!!

7309 Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 56725.00 LEON1 Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 12660.00   Your hole cards 3 3       blue_army Fold     TEXANT Fold     mrsmarley All-in  23072.50 27572.50 0.00 FOOTZIE Fold     7309 Call  21572.50 49145.00 35152.50 LEON1 Fold     7309 Show 3 10    mrsmarley Show 3 3    Flop    K K 5       Turn    J       River    10       7309 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s 49145.00  84297.50 PrevClose windowNext

Comments

• edited November 2009
    It's not fixed, you just had a bad run of things. it happens to the best of us. How much trouble would Sky be in if it was ..... is it really worth fixing the whole thing in comparison to the penalties they would face? ..... don't think so ;)
  • edited November 2009
    OMG he hit a 10 !!! There are 3 of them left in the pack after all!!

I lost my 6th attempt SPT semi tonight when my AJ went against A8 and the villian hit an 8 !!

THATS POKER

You will telling me next a beachball has scored a premier league goal and that Tiger Woods and fire hydrants have had a crashing time!

Oh they have

Football and life must be fixed then!

LOL
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed:
    OMG he hit a 10 !!! There are 3 of them left in the pack after all!! I lost my 6th attempt SPT semi tonight when my AJ went against A8 and the villian hit an 8 !! THATS POKER You will telling me next a beachball has scored a premier league goal and that Tiger Woods and fire hydrants have had a crashing time! Oh they have Football and life must be fixed then! LOL
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Jeeezus solar 6 attempts?
    AND you lost the lot?

SOUNDS LIKE A FIX TO ME.LOL.dav
  • edited November 2009
    please note mrsmarley the Lhsc are monitoring your threads and posts.

you have been yellow carded,

you don't want to know about the red one,

you have been warned.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : Jeeezus solar 6 attempts? AND you lost the lot? SOUNDS LIKE A FIX TO ME.LOL.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Yeah Dav 5 sat in for 5.20 and 1 sat = £14 prize and 1 £24 buy in so £36 so far for 6 goes and yep still no good, card dead a few times, really unlucky when KK and QQ busted and last night out when 8th of 12 (8 places) when AJ lost a race with A8.

Still smiling! Won £35 on the APAT freerolls so overall £1 down on my attempts

Dave (doing a Skicowboys!!)
  • edited November 2009
    yes it was a bad call  very unlucky m8
  • codcod
    edited November 2009
    In Response to you trying to tell me its not fixed:

NOT FIXED BUT JUST GOES TO SHOW EVERYONE HOW MUCH RAW LUCK IS INVOLVED IN THIS SO CALLED GAME OF SKILL.MY WORST EXPERIENCE ON THIS SITE WAS UNBELIEAVABLE.I WAITED FOR WEEKS TO CATCH THIS CERTAIN PLAYER COS HE GOT VERY LUCKY AGAINST ME B4.I HAVE 10  Q  FLOP  AJK  RAINBOW,FANTASTIC.HE GOES  40P  I RR 120 HE  RR  240 HE RR 5  I GO ALLIN  30  HE CALLS WITH HIS LAST 20. HE HAS  WAIT 4 IT  A9.THE TURN IS A 3  I  PUNCH THE AIR  YES AT LAST I GOT THE MUPPET,THEN A 2 COMES OUT,PROBLEM WAS  THEY WERE BOTH CLUBS ,SO WAS HIS A9  AND  QUEEN WAS CLUBS ON FLOP.HOW CAN  ANY  SKILL OR  ANYTHING  BEAT THAT,MY ADVICE IS EXPECT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN IN THIS GAME OF LUCK COS IM AFRAID THATS WHAT IT MAINLY IS WHEN YOU PLAY VERY POOR OR AVERAGE PLAYERS THAT LOG ON TO NOT JUST THIS SITE BUT EM ALL.I DONT BUY THAT SAYING ULL END UP WINNING IN THE LONG RUN AGAINST THE FISH ETC,IF YOUR LUCKS OUT N THEIRS IS IN SAY NO MORE,BEFORE UR LUCK CHANGES YOUR BANK ROLL COULD BE GONE.DONT BELIEVE THAT RUBBISH ABOUT IF ITS NOT SKILL WHY DO THE SAME OLD FACES END UP ON THE LAST TABLES THEY DONT .I WOULD WIN 5 OTHER GREAT PLAYERS ON A SIT N GO TABLE,BUT ID NEVER EVER WIN A FRAME OF SNOOKER OFF A GREAT PLAYER ON THAT TABLE,SKILL MY RS
  • edited November 2009

OMG he hit a 10 !!! There are 3 of them left in the pack after all!! I lost my 6th attempt SPT semi tonight when my AJ went against A8 and the villian hit an 8 !! THATS POKER You will telling me next a beachball has scored a premier league goal and that Tiger Woods and fire hydrants have had a crashing time! Oh they have Football and life must be fixed then! LOL
    Posted by SolarCarro

you dont seem to understand my post(or i didnt make it clear)its not the fact he hit his 10,he called EVERY all in with any cards and hit EVERY time,why would anyone call 2 3rds of their chips deep into a tourny with 10/3??
    he called 1/2 his chips with 46 off and flopped 2 pair(he actually lost to a straight) so called all in next hand with j6 and hits full house,and so on and so on........dont try to kid me it is luck..

starrider anyone?????

• edited November 2009
    wow he won a 70-30, this proves its rigged for sure!

I had AK the other day all in vs 55, i hit the king, 5 hits the river (and to add insult to injury another guy said he had one of the 2 remaining fives so he hit a 1 outer)

It happens mate, its poker!
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : you dont seem to understand my post(or i didnt make it clear)its not the fact he hit his 10,he called EVERY all in with any cards and hit EVERY time,why would anyone call 2 3rds of their chips deep into a tourny with 10/3?? he called 1/2 his chips with 46 off and flopped 2 pair(he actually lost to a straight) so called all in next hand with j6 and hits full house,and so on and so on........dont try to kid me it is luck.. starrider anyone?????
    Posted by mrsmarley
    Does sound like he had his superhero under pants on... but its just sick coinsidence and to say any different is just daft AND.. you dont sound daft, just angry which tcan make you say stuff you may regret..  I would take note of Irish Rover and cool it and wait till you see a player like that again.. you know you will win chips more often than not.
  • edited November 2009

Its poker and just bad luck.Ive just gone out of the £5.5k B/H in 10th.I went all in with A Q off for 23k.I got called by chip daddy who had 290k he showed 3 6 off.Yep he hit his 3.It will happen and you can be sure it wont be the last time but it works for ya and against ya.Midway through this tourny i went down to 585 chips with blinds 100/200.So the argument for taking out the shortstacks first somehow does not ring true.dav

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : you dont seem to understand my post(or i didnt make it clear)its not the fact he hit his 10,he called EVERY all in with any cards and hit EVERY time,why would anyone call 2 3rds of their chips deep into a tourny with 10/3?? he called 1/2 his chips with 46 off and flopped 2 pair(he actually lost to a straight) so called all in next hand with j6 and hits full house,and so on and so on........dont try to kid me it is luck.. starrider anyone?????
    Posted by mrsmarley
    If it's not luck, what is it, if I may ask?

And if, as you suggest, it's "fixed", why would that be? Do you think Sky Poker (who gain not a penny whoever wins) like the other guy & don't like you?

If poker were pure skill, most of us would go skint pretty quickly, me included. I have never ever Cashed in a Tourney without getting lucky a few times, & I doubt if anyone has. And down the years, most of my play has been Live, not Online. The same outdraws exist Live, though, as do the same bizarre plays.

In the £3,000 Entry GUKPT Grand Final last week, a man, sitting with over 40 BB's, called for his Tourney life - CALLED - with 5-6. His logic was that he'd be 40/60 at worst against AK or AQ, & he was right. And he hit. The pusher just shrugged his shoulders & moved on. It cost him £3,000 to enter that.

The Call, even to seasoned observers, was a mystery. But nobody suggested it was fixed.
  • edited December 2009
    In the long run he will not continue to hit,

Last night cash game top of the leader board cash players, 1/2

i fold on turn, after putting £60 in, they slug it out. one calls for £180 all in, over 500 in the pot for gutshot, gets it.

by the way, the same card would have give me the nut straight....if i hung about.

Not a whisper, of fixed.

You wanna play big cash m8, and see what some play.

Your either lucky or not, get over it, OR PACK THE GAME IN.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi tikay.As you may recall i went down this road not so long ago.I now more fully understand how good or wicked variance can be.My above post gos to show to all that you can recover from any earlier misfortune.No it was not all fantastic play but i think i made most of my position,bet sizes and strength of hand all at the right moments.I truly feel the importance of believing in the integrity of the site now as i think if you feel otherwise this can have bad consequences on how you play.dav
  • edited December 2009

Noted Dav.

Variance is THE most ugly & beautiful thing. Ugly when it's negative & beautiful when it's positive.  But the average human mind, for some odd reason, better remembers the downside.

Variance will never change, some folks understand it, some don't. Those that don't are better off out of poker, because it is a bitch if you can't handle it.
  • edited December 2009
    1st of all if he hit everything everytime he went in how come he only had 50k? And 2ndly when it got to the river he had 9 outs, with the paired King on the board, any 5 any Jack or any 10 wins it. So he was still 20% chance to hit, once every 5 times he will beat you there. Is the lottery fixed when people win that? because the odds are not exactly 20% are they
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by mrsmarley
    I seen this guy on the final table and he finished 4th. When he left he said to the table, please dont think i play like this all the time, im not usually a donk, family problem come up and i have to go ASAP, was betting crazy and kept winning,sorry guys. (words to that effect) Now you may wonder how serious the problem was when he was still at the table at midnight, but who are we to question. Just thought id shed maybe a different light on this subject.
  • edited December 2009
    wow he won a 70-30, this proves its rigged for sure! I had AK the other day all in vs 55, i hit the king, 5 hits the river (and to add insult to injury another guy said he had one of the 2 remaining fives so he hit a 1 outer) It happens mate, its poker!
    Posted by Hogg321
    like i keep saying its not that he won one hand vs me he went all-in every hand and won 9 out of ten.........
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : If it's not luck, what is it, if I may ask? And if, as you suggest, it's "fixed", why would that be? Do you think Sky Poker (who gain not a penny whoever wins) like the other guy & don't like you? If poker were pure skill, most of us would go skint pretty quickly, me included. I have never ever Cashed in a Tourney without getting lucky a few times, & I doubt if anyone has. And down the years, most of my play has been Live, not Online. The same outdraws exist Live, though, as do the same bizarre plays. In the £3,000 Entry GUKPT Grand Final last week, a man, sitting with over 40 BB's, called for his Tourney life - CALLED - with 5-6. His logic was that he'd be 40/60 at worst against AK or AQ, & he was right. And he hit. The push just shrugged his shoulders & moved on. It cost him £3,000 to enter that. The Call, even to seasoned observers, was a mystery. But nobody suggested it was fixed.
    Posted by Tikay10
    one word STARRIDER!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    1st of all if he hit everything everytime he went in how come he only had 50k? And 2ndly when it got to the river he had 9 outs, with the paired King on the board, any 5 any Jack or any 10 wins it. So he was still 20% chance to hit, once every 5 times he will beat you there. Is the lottery fixed when people win that? because the odds are not exactly 20% are they
    Posted by FlashFlush
    HE HAD 50K WHEN AVERAGE WAS 20K HE SOON ADDED MY 30K AND THEN CALLED EVRYTHING AND GOT TO 220K THEN DONKED A FEW OFF THEN WON ACOUPLE IN ROW .....HE CAME 4TH IN END...
  • edited December 2009
    please note mrsmarley the Lhsc are monitoring your threads and posts. you have been yellow carded, you don't want to know about the red one, you have been warned.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Do you work for Sky?
  • edited December 2009
    What's this Starrider thing? Sounds very Buck Rogers
  • edited December 2009
    What's this Starrider thing? Sounds very Buck Rogers
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    at last someone asks what starrider is,
    it was a player about a year or so ago who went all in every hand from start to finish in the velocity and won.....a lot of player asked for it to be investigated put were just brushed aside.....

what i ask is how can how win going all in every hand?
    he must of cracked/hacked the software somehow???

its no use mentioning upstairs because they will deny it ever happened

cheers.......
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : at last someone asks what starrider is, it was a player about a year or so ago who went all in every hand from start to finish in the velocity and won.....a lot of player asked for it to be investigated put were just brushed aside..... what i ask is how can how win going all in every hand? he must of cracked/hacked the software somehow??? its no use mentioning upstairs because they will deny it ever happened cheers.......
    Posted by mrsmarley
    It is possible you can win going all in, im sure 9/10 times they folded, and when they called he got lucky. If he won 3 races he could afford to lose some of his all ins as his pot would withstand the hit on it. but still mad me thinks
  • edited December 2009
    Gus Hansen Goes Crazy:

Yes, he goes all in that often. Live poker must be rigged.
  • edited December 2009
    Gus Hansen Goes Crazy: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Yes, he goes all in that often. Live poker must be rigged.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Nice one Dave.
    I remember watching that on TV - great entertainment,

I once played a SnG against an opponent who went aipf every hand.
    I waited  patiently and eventually called with TT which I "knew" would be crushing him.
    He flipped over KK and i didn't get lucky and was out.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : Do you work for Sky?
    Posted by Torryladd
    just between you and me torry yes ,

they sub contract our services ,

please note thread ,

new lunatic hit squad committee, [ Lhsc ]

now that you have been giving this info,

i am afraid ,

even do u are a m8 .

rule 51 states,

we have to kill you .
  • edited December 2009
    Cheers for those linsk dave, loved watching them the first 2 in particular