You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you trying to tell me its not fixed

Comments

• edited December 2009
    jesus christ, everybody talks about this long pause on the river card, just had a guy all in with q7 up against my ace7 seven, flop is blank and turn card takes an erternity to fall, ooooooooops its a queen!!!! starting to have doubts myself after todays events on the tables
  • edited December 2009
    We have all experienced it - and have heard so many people say that it adds to the tension of the game.......Yeah Riiiiiight!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed:
    Gus Hansen Goes Crazy: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Yes, he goes all in that often. Live poker must be rigged.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    To be fair Dave,this is not the same as mrsmarleys post. Yes he went all-in all the time, but their were only 6 players and he had to come 1st and other players had to reach certain positions to qualify as well, so they were not getting involved. This was a tactical decision by all 6 players. The velocity is multi table and had no future qualification involved. However saying that it is still the luck of the cards i think and nothing sinister
  • edited December 2009
      I loved watching those clips. It shows to all that situation is more important than cards and you can bully with nothing. The highlight  for me was the typical overreaction by Hellmuth when he lost a race.
  • edited December 2009
    I have just played a MTT and ended up short stacked looking for any opportunity to double up as the blinds were about to increase, but I was dealt J3 off 4 hands in a row.. all of them red and black just to hi-light how off they were.  I ended up shoving all in and losing when the blinds increased with J5 suited as I presumed this was the best I would see.... This is clearly a fix and although it was on another site I am convinced its the work of Sky Santa!

• edited December 2009
    sky poker is not fixed poker is more luck than skill if you did not know that try bingo
  • edited December 2009
    The reason people say online poker is fixed is because it's the computer dealing, with a live game you see the cards being shuffled an dealt. For this reason people will always say it's fixed. 
  • edited December 2009
    The reason people say online poker is fixed is because it's the computer dealing, with a live game you see the cards being shuffled an dealt. For this reason people will always say it's fixed. 
    Posted by margatemaf
    Another reason why people write that online poker is fixed is that they don't actually have to say it to anyone's face.
    A lot of complete tripe is written on this forum about online poker being fixed without one shred of evidence.
    I have yet to see anyone make a sensible statement about why they think it is fixed.
    The people making the statements generally have no grasp of poker, odds or computing.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : Another reason why people write that online poker is fixed is that they don't actually have to say it to anyone's face. A lot of complete tripe is written on this forum about online poker being fixed without one shred of evidence. I have yet to see anyone make a sensible statement about why they think it is fixed. The people making the statements generally have no grasp of poker, odds or computing.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Just wanted to comment on that (highlighted above) Mere as i think that is THE most important part of this argument!!

WHY???????

No one ever says what SKY gain from doing this as they are the only ones capable of changing the code and interfering with the random number generator. Will they earn more money????? No... Will the site gain a great reputation due to all the Bad Beats that are handed out????? NO. Is there ANY benefit AT ALL for sky from doing this that anyone can think of no matter how stupid???????? NOOOOOOOO

he won every hand he went all in on? obviously apart from the ones where his 2 pair gets beat by a str8 and when he donks off chips which you mention in some of your posts. So essentially he wins all the ones apart from when he loses?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : like i keep saying its not that he won one hand vs me he went all-in every hand and won 9 out of ten.........
    Posted by mrsmarley
    I went all-in and lost 9 out of 10. ;-)

• edited December 2009

Great Posts by Mere & ACESOVER8's.

I did ask the OP what reason a Poker Site would have for favouring one player over the other, but I was not favoured with a reply.

It's tricky to quarrel with common-sense.
  • edited December 2009
    tikay is it possible he had some sort of software where he knew what the community cards were gonna be?

incredible sharkscope stats and cant think of a reason why he would stop playing here without being caught and banned?
  • edited December 2009
    tikay is it possible he had some sort of software where he knew what the community cards were gonna be? incredible sharkscope stats and cant think of a reason why he would stop playing here without being caught and banned?
    Posted by webby234
    He was banned and is now playing back here under a different alias - santa
  • edited December 2009
    tikay is it possible he had some sort of software where he knew what the community cards were gonna be? incredible sharkscope stats and cant think of a reason why he would stop playing here without being caught and banned?
    Posted by webby234
    What - like a Time Machine?

Not being awkward here, but I don't understand your question. How could any software predict a flop, turn & river? They happen in real-time.

Everyone will be trying to buy that bit of software now.......
  • edited December 2009

If the OP, or anyone, thinks the Software is compromised, or they are not being fairly served, they are free to  contact the Regulators, Alderney Gambling Control Commission, or IBAS. Links to both are at the bottom of this & every page, & always have been. 

EDIT - However, they WOULD require some evidence.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : What - like a Time Machine? Not being awkward here, but I don't understand your question. How could any software predict a flop, turn & river? They happen in real-time. Everyone will be trying to buy that bit of software now.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    roflmao

No, it is NOT possible to predict what the community cards will be.

Also, if he had been able to do this (perhaps with the assistance of "Mystic Meg"?) then it would hardly have been optimal strategy to go aipf every hand, would it?

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : What - like a Time Machine? Not being awkward here, but I don't understand your question. How could any software predict a flop, turn & river? They happen in real-time. Everyone will be trying to buy that bit of software now.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    well i'm not really up to date with all this software malarkey, just wondered if it was possible if he knew he was gonna win or lose?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : well i'm not really up to date with all this software malarkey, just wondered if it was possible if he knew he was gonna win or lose?
    Posted by webby234

Webby, if you send me your bank details, I'll write you some software that says:

"Go all in"

every hand.

This would appear to be the equivalent of what people are claiming that "overrider" had.
    It's a bit sophisticated but I think that I can manage it.
  • edited December 2009

Ahh, but knowing the Community Cards would be a problem - you'd have to know your OPPONENTS hands, too......

I really must stop Posting in Area 51 I think.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : you dont seem to understand my post(or i didnt make it clear)its not the fact he hit his 10,he called EVERY all in with any cards and hit EVERY time,why would anyone call 2 3rds of their chips deep into a tourny with 10/3?? he called 1/2 his chips with 46 off and flopped 2 pair(he actually lost to a straight) so called all in next hand with j6 and hits full house,and so on and so on........dont try to kid me it is luck.. starrider anyone?????
    Posted by mrsmarley
    Hi all i have just joine sky poker and already i have had a few sick bad beats but i have also dished out a few that is just the way it is. and about it bein rigged can u tell me why they would rigg the cards and then show tournys on the telly (where ive seen alot of sick river cards) and it wouldnt benifit them to rigg it the prize pool dont go to them. oh and ive been here a couple of days now and i aint had that much luck. 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : roflmao No, it is NOT possible to predict what the community cards will be. Also, if he had been able to do this (perhaps with the assistance of "Mystic Meg"?) then it would hardly have been optimal strategy to go aipf every hand, would it?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Obviously you copied my thoughts because you knew beforehand what I was going to say... but yes, it's a good point. Not one to get in the way of a good conspiracy mind ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    incredible sharkscope stats and cant think of a reason why he would stop playing here without being caught and banned?
    Posted by webby234
    Maybe an Acme Anvil landed on his head as he was walking down the street? Luck and bad luck have a habit of evening out :-D lol

• edited December 2009
    Posted by webby234
    Off hand i can think of 3 reasons
    death
    coma
    prison
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    so sir,are you saying in this day and age where people can hack into the super computers of the usa defense department that it is impossible to create a programme that can let you see opponents hole cards/cheat?
  • edited December 2009
    IF IT WAS POSSIBLE WHY THE CHUFF WOULD YOU USE IT TO WIN £200 QUID IN THE VELOCITY WHEN THERE ARE CASH TABLES WHERE YOU COULD WIN TWICE THAT IN ONE HAND, ALSO IF I HAND THE HACKING ABILTY TO GET THROUGH THE SIGHT SECURITY I WOULD BE EMPTYING EVERYONES BANKROLLS AND BANK ACCOUNTS, IT WOULD BE A LOT SIMPLER THAN FIXING THE CARDS!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : so sir,are you saying in this day and age where people can hack into the super computers of the usa defense department that it is impossible to create a programme that can let you see opponents hole cards/cheat?
    Posted by mrsmarley
    I'm not sure that he said that but I AM.
    You seem to have said that Overrider won by going all-in pre-flop EVERY hand.
    This would be MILES away from the optimal strategy for someone who could see everyone else's hole cards.

For someone to be able to see all their opponents hole cards, then those cards would have to be transmitted from the "server" (the Skypoker computer/network) to each "client" (the player's computer). In fact, there is no reason for SkyPoker to transmit anything other than the visible cards (i.e your hole cards and the community cards) to each client.
    It is very basic software design and you seem to have no grasp of the logic required at all.
    If you wish to continue this deluded debate any further, please PM me.
  • edited December 2009

In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : I'm not sure that he said that but I AM . You seem to have said that Overrider won by going all-in pre-flop EVERY hand. This would be MILES away from the optimal strategy for someone who could see everyone else's hole cards. For someone to be able to see all their opponents hole cards, then those cards would have to be transmitted from the "server" (the Skypoker computer/network) to each "client" (the player's computer). In fact, there is no reason for SkyPoker to transmit anything other than the visible cards (i.e your hole cards and the community cards) to each client. It is very basic software design and you seem to have no grasp of the logic required at all. If you wish to continue this deluded debate any further, please PM me.
    Posted by MereNovice
    ok, i will try to explain my reason one more time then accept defeat..

i was steaming when i wrote this original post and i know that skypoker is not fixed(or any other),and the guy who went all in obviously didnt have a clue........but the case of overrider is different,he went all-in every hand preflop and won 9 out of ten times, and the times he lost he had the other player covered,at no time did i say he could see other players cards or predict the flop etc...
    his sharkscope details show that he won two big tournies then never played on sky again...my opinion is that he somehow had a programme/software to crack sky's software?

i dont know how you say this is not possible as any programme/software writen my a person can be altered if you have the knowhow....

i just find it strange that he wins in this way and disappears and sky would not answer emails/questions on the subject.....

for those who laugh and say he just got lucky i suggest they enter a small tourney and try it...

and webby ive seen dozens of your posts and have yet to see a constructive comment among them

good luck at the tables........

ps mere,you say no one would be able to see everyones hole cards,but that is excatlly what happened at absoloute poker....an worker had access to the programme and stole millions....

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : ok, i will try to explain my reason one more time then accept defeat.. i was steaming when i wrote this original post and i know that skypoker is not fixed(or any other),and the guy who went all in obviously didnt have a clue........but the case of overrider is different,he went all-in every hand preflop and won 9 out of ten times, and the times he lost he had the other player covered,at no time did i say he could see other players cards or predict the flop etc... his sharkscope details show that he won two big tournies then never played on sky again...my opinion is that he somehow had a programme/software to crack sky's software? i dont know how you say this is not possible as any programme/software writen my a person can be altered if you have the knowhow.... i just find it strange that he wins in this way and disappears and sky would not answer emails/questions on the subject..... for those who laugh and say he just got lucky i suggest they enter a small tourney and try it... and webby ive seen dozens of your posts and have yet to see a constructive comment among them good luck at the tables........ ps mere,you say no one would be able to see everyones hole cards,but that is excatlly what happened at absoloute poker....an worker had access to the programme and stole millions....
    Posted by mrsmarley

Thanks for this reasoned response.
    Now we can discuss this more rationally.

No matter how much you "fix" software you cannot make it predict/alter the future and going aipf every hand would be a very strange approach if you have a guaranteed edge of any description.
    I don't know the fact of the overrider case but my guess would be that he put his entire bankroll on black in roulette repeatedly and lost. :-)  This would be pretty much the same as his approach to poker if what has been said is true.

At "Absolute Poker", I believe that the scam was allegedly carried out by a person with direct access to the server communicating with a person playing as a "normal" client. The client's pc (and any software running on it) cannot see anyone else's cards because the data is not transmitted to them.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : Thanks for this reasoned response. Now we can discuss this more rationally. No matter how much you "fix" software you cannot make it predict/alter the future and going aipf every hand would be a very strange approach if you have a guaranteed edge of any description. I don't know the fact of the overrider case but my guess would be that he put his entire bankroll on black in roulette repeatedly and lost. :-)  This would be pretty much the same as his approach to poker if what has been said is true. At "Absolute Poker", I believe that the scam was allegedly carried out by a person with direct access to the server communicating with a person playing as a "normal" client. The client's pc (and any software running on it) cannot see anyone else's cards because the data is not transmitted to them.
    Posted by MereNovice
    It's been a long time since i looked into the UB or Absolute scams but as far as i remember it was a super account (I.e purposly created account that can see all the program run from the server for adim and investigation) used by an employee that allowed them to do what they did wasn't it
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : It's been a long time since i looked into the UB or Absolute scams but as far as i remember it was a super account (I.e purposly created account that can see all the program run from the server for adim and investigation) used by an employee that allowed them to do what they did wasn't it
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    That is my understanding.