You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you trying to tell me its not fixed

13»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed:
    tikay is it possible he had some sort of software where he knew what the community cards were gonna be? incredible sharkscope stats and cant think of a reason why he would stop playing here without being caught and banned?
    Posted by webby234
    I've just looked at the Sharkscope stats for Starider and they are AWFUL! He is down over $1000 on SKy poker tourneys. Look at Sharksbite for comparison!
    There was a case on Absolute Poker of a player who was abeto see all the hole cards. He won over $300K paying high stakes games but it was proved that he was cheating (logged in at the server where the software was running) and the site eventually paid out all the players who lost money. So its not impossible but it IS NOT HAPPENING on Sky.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : What - like a Time Machine? Not being awkward here, but I don't understand your question. How could any software predict a flop, turn & river? They happen in real-time. Everyone will be trying to buy that bit of software now.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay - I totaly and absolutely accept that Sky Poker is not fixed so don't take this the wrong way but...... what you say about the flop, turn and river happening in real time is not true. As was explained by SkyPeter (I think) the way the RNG works is that it randomly seects the entire deck in a random sequence before it starts dealing so, athough the cards are "dealt" in real time, the sequence of cards to be dealt is pre-determined, just like a "live" deal with physical cards. If someone was able to hack into the server it could just possibly be the case that they could get access to the entire deal sequence before the deal was made. Of course, they would not know about the upcoming betting patterns and who would fold but we know that online cheating has accurred at Absolute Poker where a player was able to see all players' hole cards. So my point is that you can't just say its impossible because it isn't impossible.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : I'm not sure that he said that but I AM . You seem to have said that Overrider won by going all-in pre-flop EVERY hand. This would be MILES away from the optimal strategy for someone who could see everyone else's hole cards. For someone to be able to see all their opponents hole cards, then those cards would have to be transmitted from the "server" (the Skypoker computer/network) to each "client" (the player's computer). In fact, there is no reason for SkyPoker to transmit anything other than the visible cards (i.e your hole cards and the community cards) to each client. It is very basic software design and you seem to have no grasp of the logic required at all. If you wish to continue this deluded debate any further, please PM me.
    Posted by MereNovice
    What happened in the Absolute Poker case was that they player was connected directly to the server and was able to see al the players' hole cards. I know it is not happening on SKy but it is possible because it has been done.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : Tikay - I totaly and absolutely accept that Sky Poker is not fixed so don't take this the wrong way but...... what you say about the flop, turn and river happening in real time is not true. As was explained by SkyPeter (I think) the way the RNG works is that it randomly seects the entire deck in a random sequence before it starts dealing so, athough the cards are "dealt" in real time, the sequence of cards to be dealt is pre-determined, just like a "live" deal with physical cards. If someone was able to hack into the server it could just possibly be the case that they could get access to the entire deal sequence before the deal was made. Of course, they would not know about the upcoming betting patterns and who would fold but we know that online cheating has accurred at Absolute Poker where a player was able to see all players' hole cards. So my point is that you can't just say its impossible because it isn't impossible.
    Posted by Seagull158
    It is impossible for anyone with a standard client set-up to know the cards.
    The level of conspiracy that you are referring to is so severe that it would require someone with access to the server colluding with someone playing as a client. This would be an extreme criminal act and certainly not possible for any standard SkyPoker player.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : It is impossible for anyone with a standard client set-up to know the cards. The level of conspiracy that you are referring to is so severe that it would require someone with access to the server colluding with someone playing as a client. This would be an extreme criminal act and certainly not possible for any standard SkyPoker player.
    Posted by MereNovice
    So NOT impossible then! Since you describe exactly how it happened. Someone playing as a client needs someone else logged into the server or another session on his own PC logged into the server.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you trying to tell me its not fixed : So NOT impossible then! Since you describe exactly how it happened. Someone playing as a client needs someone else logged into the server or another session on his own PC logged into the server.
    Posted by Seagull158
    It's a piece of peas. I just get Chloe to open a socket on their row-ter and redirect bandwidth to my PDA.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to you trying to tell me its not fixed:
    thought i would try sky poker again after a long break,played in primo and played very well(even if i do say so myself),folded pocket kings on flop etc. then new player joins table i go all in with 33 on the button for half his stack he calls with 3/10 and hits 10 on river,so what unlucky i here you say,but heres the thing he called any all in and won them all calling with 46/82,he called all his chips with j6 v ak and hits full house,no one can get lucky to that extent so now tell me its not fixed!! ps anyone remember starrider?? dont ask the suits because he is the who can never be mentioned!!! 7309 Small blind   1500.00 1500.00 56725.00 LEON1 Big blind   3000.00 4500.00 12660.00   Your hole cards 3 3       blue_army Fold         TEXANT Fold         mrsmarley All-in   23072.50 27572.50 0.00 FOOTZIE Fold         7309 Call   21572.50 49145.00 35152.50 LEON1 Fold         7309 Show 3 10       mrsmarley Show 3 3       Flop     K K 5       Turn     J       River     10       7309 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s 49145.00   84297.50 Prev Close window Next
    Posted by mrsmarley
    It happens way too many times, but the site is NOT FIXED its just full because of really badplayers, I play on another site and do really well. This site absolute pants! But its just because of very bad players, normally thats what you want. But because there are so many of them you've no chance. And they think they're poker gods because their 7-2 off suit has cracked your aces lol. But they're taught aggression, aggression, aggression and don't quite realise that aggression isn't just throwing all your chips in with any old rubbish.
  • edited January 2010
    5 of a kind cannot be far away. Surely.
  • edited January 2010
    The reason people say online poker is fixed is because it's the computer dealing, with a live game you see the cards being shuffled an dealt. For this reason people will always say it's fixed. 
    Posted by margatemaf
    what makes the cards random in live poker IS the shuffle,whereas in online poker there is no TRUE shuffle,this is why the flop seems so unrandom more often than not..was playin a bit of cash last nite as opposed 2 my usual s+g,hand after hand the board was unbelievably weighted to the top end(paint),im sure the shuffler was just cutting the cards twice(exactly half way down the deck) and in theory only using the cards that were just played...but i guess that getting the same cards to flop everyhand is in itself quite random...