You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker Football Cup of Poker - GIANT KILLER FREEROLL 7.45pm TUESDAY (DETAILS PAGE 26)

1121314151618»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Football Cup of Poker - GIANT KILLER FREEROLL 7.45pm TUESDAY (DETAILS PAGE 26):
    Sorry Dave, but I played as Macclesfield Town as you can see in your OP :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Well spotted. Only just seen this.
    It would have been wasted on me cos I will be watching Everton thrash Oldham (pleeeeease).
    Now take it down for the mighty Silkmen.
    Just don't knock Everton out. (bad omen)

Good luck
  • edited February 2013
    Cheers Dragon.

Can't believe we even had to take it to a replay! Hopefully things will be a bit more comfortable for us tonight.
  • edited February 2013
    ok what's the green star against our avatars? Have I missed something?
  • edited February 2013

Nice idea, but a bit of a farce with the amount of players away IMO. No poker was actually played really. I went out on a table with 4 away players when A2 called my AQ and got there. He then moved to a table of 5 aways! MBN. #runbetter
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Football Cup of Poker - GIANT KILLER FREEROLL 7.45pm TUESDAY (DETAILS PAGE 26):
    Nice idea, but a bit of a farce with the amount of players away IMO. No poker was actually played really. I went out on a table with 4 away players when A2 called my AQ and got there. He then moved to a table of 5 aways! MBN. #runbetter
    Posted by MAXALLY
    i agree it was a good tourney but with the no. of away players it was too easy for raises to be made because of such a lack of players. on my table their was 3 away and two of them were after me so i was always feel like i'm in the blinds even when i was on the button.
  • edited February 2013
    I bust without taking a bounty after a battle in the blinds with MattBates. Was always going to be a different type of game with the only prizes being bountys. Only two away on our table so not as bad as others.
  • edited February 2013
    For anyone that is interested...

Was good fun, and definitely made for an interesting FT when MKgunner had like £9 on his head and everyone else had practically nothing.

Well played Borin Loner but the biggest cash of the night.

VespaPX    128000    1    £19.59 BTYS Taken
    mkgunner    0    2    £15.35 BTYS Taken
    MattBates    0    3    £10.22 BTYS Taken
    Lambert180    0    4    £22.12 BTYS Taken
    SHANXTA    0    5    £20.58 BTYS Taken
    Donttelmum    0    6    £10.02 BTYS Taken
    SolarCarro    0    7    £10.71 BTYS Taken
    KING2600    0    8   
    BorinLoner    0    9    £28.70 BTYS Taken
    stickler10    0    10   
    waller02    0    11   
    TRIP5    0    12   
    bearlyther    0    13   
    rancid    0    14    £12.73 BTYS Taken
    profman15    0    15   
    BigHawk89    0    16    £22.20 BTYS Taken
    nffc4eva    0    17   
    winner499    0    18   
    AJ_Rockets    0    19    £2.41 BTYS Taken
    Djmurphy    0    20   
    DTWBANDIT    0    21   
    ckd    0    22    £11.86 BTYS Taken
    rosjim1    0    23   
    thomas87    0    24    £4.64 BTYS Taken
    j3ono    0    25   
    DanBarker    0    26   
    CoxyLboro    0    27   
    spurs67    0    28   
    68Trebor    0    29   
    Giant811    0    30   
    cenachav    0    31   
    poppy765    0    32   
    GELDY    0    33   
    terrybcfc    0    34   
    craigcu12    0    35    £0.86 BTYS Taken
    DAIBOOT    0    36   
    labrat64    0    37   
    ididit14    0    38   
    Slykllist    0    39   
    ctbn    0    40    £0.57 BTYS Taken
    ste1722    0    41   
    JPW33    0    42   
    stokefc    0    43   
    shuv    0    44   
    Kiwini4u    0    45   
    daggers747    0    46   
    FlashFlush    0    47   
    FINS    0    48   
    MAXALLY    0    49   
    DOHHHHHHH    0    50   
    Tom281189    0    51   
    Sammydrid    0    52    £5.93 BTYS Taken
    BUFC    0    53   
    Boxster    0    54   
    cleansweep    0    55   
    joesman1    0    56   
    JohnConnor    0    57   
    jonjo75    0    58   
    IDONKCALLU    0    59   
    Ice_Tiger    0    60   
    Yorkie74    0    61   
    scouse_red    0    62   
    mondo1985    0    63   
    whitepony7    0    64   
  • edited February 2013
    I thought it played out pretty much as expected: Total chaos.

The players sat away changed the dynamic a little but some players played it as though it was a normal MTT with prizes up top. That was a mistake.

Anyway, I'm happy with it. First win in a long time (despite finishing 9th). Purely down to my epic skillz, of course. ;)

I liked the way it played. Tight was right for the big heads and loose for the small heads. I doubt it would work if it wasn't a freeroll, though.
  • edited February 2013
    Enjoy the runners-up medal Lambert. Footballers always seem delighted to pick those up. lol

EDIT: In fact, you lost in the semi-final. BigHawk is the runner-up.
  • edited February 2013
    Darn him and his extra 8p!!
  • edited February 2013

forgot all about it, logged in just before 8 and it popped up.

can't complain, £20 for free and was a good laugh
  • edited February 2013
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments - we obviously can't force people to turn up to the tournament (even if a £200 prize pool between 64 of you is up for grabs).

Remind me to organise more farces for Maxally in the future, BTW.

Gripe aside, I thought it would be a fun format and glad most of you saw the fun side of it. I reckon that format could actually have legs as a regular tournament type too.... Thoughts?

Cheers,
    Dave
  • edited February 2013
    I enjoyed it :-)
  • edited February 2013
    I think it could have legs as a cheap tourney that people don't mind having a bit of a gamble with, much the same as them 1 minute roulette MTTs for 60p, I'll have a go at them every now and then just for a laugh and a very cheap way of splashing around (saves me doing it for proper money elsewhere) but I wouldn't consider playing them for a split second if the BI was £5 for instance.

So imo these could work for a very cheap gamble but it's never gonna work with any sizeable BI. That said, I don't want to go off topic but this is another quirky MTT idea that some will like and will play but all these things are damaging the liquidity in MTTs on the site. Need to strip back to basics, get the staple MTTs set up, reduce the amount of tournies running @ certain times. Less choice, more runners!

If you have the choice (which I think you do ultimately), it's much better for the site imo to have ONE deepstack with 100 runners @ 1 time than 1 with 40 runners, another with 30 runners, another with 20 runners and another with 10 runners in that same time slot. Most recreational players wanna stick £2 in, use their 'one time' and bink £500.

Back to the topic of the bounty game... one thing that may affect it is the fact that in this one everyone had different values on their head and that's what made it so interesting. I don't know if it's possible on the software but the only way to re-create this dynamic may be similar to that live tournament they were trialling with 3 different BI levels.

So you can BI for £3, £5 or £10. The people who buy in for the most get the smallest bounties on their head so are hunted less and have the opportunity to win more. The people who buy in for less risk less but they have the big heads so will be the targets and won't have as much chance to win big heads.
  • edited February 2013
    Lambert,

Thanks for the comments. I definitely think there's something in what you've posted. In fact, I *know* there's something in it...

Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.
  • edited February 2013
    Was a fun tournament i think! 22 quid wasnt bad paid for my beer money for last night anyway had to make it to the pub for 9 so made a few crazy shoves, think borinloner benefitted from my 5 quid bounty haha!