You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night's Show Thread

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

Hopefully, some of you will be able to join us tonight for the Live Show from 7pm until Midnight.

Five parts to tonight's Show as follows......

7pm - 8pm

TONIGHT ON SKY POKER

What's coming up, tonight & beyond, discussing oiur 6th Birthday Celebrations, & coverage of the £5,000 BIG FREEROLL

8pm - 9pm

ANALYSE MY PLAY

"Masked" coverage of hands from the early stages of this evening's PRIMO. Don't forget, WE NEED YOU TO SEND US THE HANDS, with HAND ID's.
skyopen@bskyb.com is the e-addy.

9pm - 10pm

NOW ON SKY POKER

More coverage from this evening's £5,000 BIG FREEROLL. This is the chance for those who rarely get hands shown on Ch 861 to get some air-time.

10pm - 11pm

TOP OF SKY POKER

Coverage of some of tonight's action from the Sky Poker Mastercash Tables.

11pm - Midnight

SKY POKER HIGHLIGHTS

As it happens coverage from the late stages of tonight's £10,000 Guaranteed PRIMO.

Gather round that telly @ 7pm.

Comments

• edited February 2013

Hi Tikay,

Who is doing the show tonight ?

Thanks
  • edited February 2013

We have a new Presenter this evening, too, so I hope you will give her a typically warm Sky Poker Community welcome.

Her name is Jules Sowa, & she has done loads of TV work before, but a 5 hour Live Show to a poker audience is quite daunting, so please post her some "good luck" Messages on this thread, via e-Mail to skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter, to "Sky_Poker".

So, with the new kid on the block, & the old fella, quite a contrast tonight. Jules runs bad, eh?

• edited February 2013

Don't forget, as part of our 6th Birthday Celebrations, if you win the Mini-Open tonight, you will win a Mini i-Pad!

• edited February 2013

There will be four Free Entries on offer, too, to Tuesday's Mini-Open, which will also have a Mini-i-Pad for the winner.

The best 4 e-mails, or Posts on this thread, will win one of those 4 entries.

It can be about anything you want, but tonight's poker-theme is......

Why do you play on Sky Poker? What is it about Sky Poker that makeds you prefer to play here rather than elsewhere?

The Community? The cash games? The TV Channel? The regular Promotions? The Sky Poker Jackpot? Rich Orford's fashion sense? Something else?

Send, or post on this thread, your answers, with the reason why you chose it. 

• edited February 2013

What time does it start?

• edited February 2013
    Why do i play on Sky Poker?

1. The Community esp the Monday night DTD's.

2. Its in good old British Pounds , Shillings and Pence !

Wishing good luck to Jules on her debut.

Mick
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's Show Thread:
    We have a new Presenter this evening, too, so I hope you will give her a typically warm Sky Poker Community welcome. Her name is Jules Sowa, & she has done loads of TV work before, but a 5 hour Live Show to a poker audience is quite daunting, so please post her some "good luck" Messages on this thread, via e-Mail to skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter, to "Sky_Poker". So, with the new kid on the block, & the old fella, quite a contrast tonight. Jules runs bad, eh?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nice 1 she is hot!!

• edited February 2013
    Jules, have a great time on your first actual live show.

Tikay, behave.
  • edited February 2013
    Welcome Jules

Some guidelines to assist you on your first show...

1. Do not allow tikay to ramble on about trains, planes, concrete, bridges or mallards.

2. Before you read an e-mail out, check it for content.. some of us can be very mischievous.. Be careful of the cards coming out in the order of 4KQ too. :)

3. Smile and have fun, even if you dont know what a tripple range merge is yet... don't worry no-one else does either.

GOOD LUCK 

Greg
  • edited February 2013
    Good luck Jules.  Don't believe a word Mr Kendall says and you will be ok.
  • edited February 2013
    can you ask jules if she fancies goin halves on a baby?!?!WOW 
  • edited February 2013

Is this the thread we say good luck to Jules?    

OK, good luck to Jules (Julian Thew) in the poker down Star City today.

...and good look (ing) to Jules on her maiden show. 

Here is a thought that should keep you focused for the show.....
    Tikay could be your great great great great great Grandad :)

Have a good night both.
  • edited February 2013
    welcome to the crazy world of poker jules

dont let tikay make you fall asleep as he makes me fall asleep most times lol

im in the free roll biggie tonight hope i do well

oh and what tikay asked about what makes me come back to sky poker
    every thing he said funnily enough and the fact that because it aint a massive site i know how most people play. loads of fish on the site too lol

ask tikay what a fish is jules as i bet hes had lots of em over the years

gl on the show jules run gd
  • edited February 2013
    What time does it start?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is that am or pm?

What keeps me playing on Sky Poker?  The community, simples.  We have people from all different backgrounds and abilities here with just one thing in common.  A love for the great game of poker.  We give each other help and advice on tricky hands in the poker clinic.  We rail each other when one of us goes deep in a big tournement and we are there for each other when times get hard.  We also poke fun at each other but always do it with a smile on our faces knowing that we are going to get it back twice as hard.  My beard is a constant source of wonder and amusement to everyone for example.  I haven't even mentioned the teams yet!

All in all, welcome to Sky Poker and I hope you have as much fun here as we all do
  • edited February 2013
    Good Luck to Jules on your first show, 

one bit of advice that goes against a previous comment, if you need a 30 min break for anything just get Tikay to talk about trains, and no-one will realise you've gone ;)

what keeps me on Sky Poker ....as has been said The community is second to none, and meeting those same people at live SPT events is always a cracking weekend away, if a bit hazy at the end of it all lol
  • edited February 2013
    Good evening both,

Welcome to the site/channel/family Jules, I'm sure you'll fit in straight away. Don't worry if you don't know much about poker, Orford seems to get by fine ;)

I'm also in the 5k Freeroll tonight so will try to get a few interesting hands sent in.

As for why I still play on Sky, plain and simple it's down to the great community we have. Playing poker online can be a pretty lonely thing when you have no-one to talk to about it. I'd have probably thrown the towel in years ago if there wasn't such a great community which really does help make it fun even when you lose. The great advice in the clinic, the diaries where people are (generally) so open and honest about their progress, the camaraderie when someone is doing well in a tournament, whether it be live or online, all make for a great community feeling.

Paul

• edited February 2013
    Welcome to Sky Poker Julie!

The reasons I'm with Sky Poker(joined about 3 years ago!

!. The great welcome you are given, when a newbie!
    2.The community atmosphere!
    3.The ability to get in touch with those that present the shows,and those behind the scenes(at SPTs)
    4.The great man you are presenting the show with tonight! Always has a smile for you and very complimenting! (and even told me when I first met him"You don't look 65.and I am 75.That made my day!)
  • edited February 2013
    Good luck, Jules. good to see that they've paired you with Tikay, a safe pair of hands in every sense of the word.
  • edited February 2013
    Question for Jules

If you had a online Poker alias what would it be?

Something like Tikays? (Tikay10) (his initials and year of birth)

Have a great show both
    Mick
  • edited February 2013
    Welcome to Sky Poker Jules It’s your job to ensure that Tk keeps his mind on poker and not other items, others have tried and failed… so don’t take it to heart if you go the same way…….. I came to sky poker just under 6 years ago……………phewwwwwwwww, after another show that Tk had been involved with was coming to an end, not that it was Tk’s fault, but it had run the course.And if I wand to watch and have my game analysed then I would need to play somewhere, hence I stumped up the money and dived in and been here ever since Have a good timeMark
  • edited February 2013
    Good evening Jules AND TK.
    Welcome Jules .
    The reason i joined SKY POKER is by watching the tv program is how i learnt how 2 play poker, and i am still learning.
    Plus the friendly banter of most players.
    Plus English money.
    And last but not least the hot presenters, Anna,Sarah and now Jules.

All the best
    Rainman397 
  • edited February 2013
    Why do it play on sky, and why do i prefer it to elsewhere. 

Quiet simply for me the community is great, the team banter is a huge thing for me, and from SPT's i know a few people on first name terms. Would even class some as friends. 

Sky Poker is to me what Shaggy is to Scooby Doo in a way. 
  • edited February 2013
    Why do it play on sky, and why do i prefer it to elsewhere.  Quiet simply for me the community is great, the team banter is a huge thing for me, and from SPT's i know a few people on first name terms. Would even class some as friends.  Sky Poker is to me what Shaggy is to Scooby Doo in a way. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Eats all your chips???
  • edited February 2013
    Question for Jules If you had a online Poker alias what would it be? Something like Tikays? (Tikay10) (his initials and year of birth) Have a great show both Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    Tikay was born in 1810?
  • edited February 2013
    If "Jules" turns out to be Richard Orford in drag, I think a few of the chaps on this thread are going to be disappointed.

He'll do anything for a bit more TV time...

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's Show Thread : Tikay was born in 1810?
    Posted by cenachav
    Sigh, you stole my gag! lol
  • edited February 2013
    This was posted before the show, but i bet Jules can't look at TKs tie and not laugh.
    And does she know TK thinks the program is still in black and white tv...
  • edited February 2013
    Good luck Jules and no matter what the bid is you cannot sell Tikay.
  • edited February 2013
    to the tune of caledonia
    hope u know caledonia so get singing maybe tikay will have a bash ready
    sky poker is the best and i think about it all the time
    all i wanna do is make a dime
    when i load up the lobby my fingers start to twitch
    the missus starts nagging the silly witch
    sky poker is calling and im going alllll innn
    my cards better hold the rivers cominnn
    lmao i know a lot of rubbish ha ha
  • edited February 2013
    live stream not working boo oow