You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night's Show Thread

13»

Comments

• edited February 2013

hi tony,

JACKPOT 22:06 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 249 566 112    
    left 102 138 15    

jazzyj 5 117      
    rancid 6 131      
    newthane17 8 130      
    Claytov 19 80      
    Doudeau 25 50      
    SoLack 34 87      
    MonkeyF 37 134      
    darsum333 46 122      
    oldgolf 47 51      
    EBBERDON 64 94      
    DivsDreams 66 25      
    destructor 73 54      
    Ice_Tiger 89 76      
    TWISTED290 90 103      
    stickle 100 133      

• edited February 2013
    Can i send in a brag. 

I just qualified for the Super Rolleron the 24th of Feb for a fiver. 

WOOOHOOOO 
  • edited February 2013
    tikay and technology, lol.

If you're ever helping tikay with a computer issue and
    say, "Go to My Computer", be very clear on what you mean.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's Show Thread:
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's Show Thread : The cake is a lie!
    Posted by Giant811
    They get me cake everytime I bust your aces.  I'm now the size of Greghogg!

When Jules was in Jamaica and she got a hair cut was she dreadding it?  The community need to know!
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Tikay and welcome to the Sky Poker family Jules, I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the team.

Really enjoyed the show tonight and you've kept me entertained whilst donking off all my chips in a few tournaments.

The reason I play on Sky Poker:

Quite simply, the community!  I've played on numerous sites previously to joining Sky around 18months ago but have barely played a hand of poker elsewhere since then.

I constantly seach for new ways to improve my poker game and instantly found the interaction with other players via the forum and with the presenters and analysts via the TV show very appealing so actively sought to involve myself in both.

I was then lucky to catch a show on 865 (as it was then) featuring ScouseRed (Chris) as a guest where the forum DTD was discussed.  This sounded like a great fun community competition and was perfect for my modest bankroll.  I entered the DTD for the 1st time the following week and have played almost every one since and thoroughly enjoyed the banter and community.

Through involvement in the DTD, I also became involved in one of the forum teams which helped me improve my game immensely and has brought a group of like minded players who I now consider as genuine friends.  Through involvement in the HitSquad team, I also got involved in the live circuit via the SPT events and have been fortunate enough to enjoy the brilliant atmosphere of these events numerous times over the last 12months and also luckbox myself a couple of reasonable results.

My involvement in and enjoyment of the game would certainly not have developed in the way it has if not for the brilliant community on SkyPoker.  So thanks to all of you :)
  • edited February 2013
    Can I say based on a subject Tikay talking about. The Anger Management/Tilt. 

I suffered badly with it and took a long brake from poker. Although still not perfect im a much better and more relaxed player/person now. 
  • edited February 2013

JACKPOT 22:40 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 249 566 112    
    left 53 80 4    

jazzyj 4 68      
    SoLack 15 22      
    oldgolf 38 69      
    TWISTED290 52 45      

• edited February 2013
    Evening both and welcome to the madhouse Jules!!!!

I'm old school, when I started playing on sky it was via the set top box.. I used to particularly enjoy using the *thunderous applause* feature..

I stayed because I had a £1 prop bet on when Orford would lose his car next.. :o))

Great to see your first show going well (this is not a bok) keep up the good work!!

xx
  • edited February 2013
         hi all iv been on sky for about 4 years managed to win a few quid on my way . my game has come quite along way since the early days mainly through watching the channel and talking to like minded players.Iv played quite a few spts and managed to cash in a few. i play in the hitsquad team where iv met many good peeps and on the spts weekend will b found either at tables or in bar lol.Ashamed to say tried few other sites but always come back to sky. as the community here is second to none keep up good work
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Tikay and welcome Jules!

Just a quick one to say thank you for the Mini Primo entry I won on Thursday's show - IN THE MONEY! Only remember one time I had to come from behind (there might be more, I don't remember) but I am just so excited. My first MTT cash on Sky. Hope it's not the last one!

Enjoy the rest of your evening and thank you again!

Ash
  • edited February 2013
    Did tikay misunderstand when sky asked him to TRAIN Jules?
  • edited February 2013
    Hi great show!

Why do I play on Sky poker!

I started playing poker way before I was 18, not for money I may add ;) But when it came down to it I found the site friendly, easy to use and the T.V channel is exceptional in comparison to any others. I love the way the majority of the community enjoy helping others and am happy to be a part of it. The site and channel has molded the majority of my game so I am hugely grateful.

Once again great show,

Kalie x
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Jules

Reasons for playing SKY Poker:

1) Monday night DTDs

2) Community spirit

3) Appearing on TV

4) Great analysis

5) Intelligent Presenters (& Richard Orford) LOL

6) Chance to win seats in tournaments

7) Opportunities to learn about poker, bridges, trains & cement.

Enjoy Yourself!!!
  • edited February 2013
    greetings jules. welcome to freindly city. hi also tikay.
    the reason i play on skypoker is tikay!
    why? 'coz i watched  my first show when he was on and i thought 'if that madman can do it, so can i'. lol
    best wishes
    laurie
  • edited February 2013
    Mention "cement" and you can guarantee that Tikay will go off on one.

Kerching!!!!!!
  • edited February 2013
    Jules has been a winner tonight.

Can Thewy make it 2 in the same night?
  • edited February 2013

I play on sky poker because all my posts get read out! :(

Bring back Orford!!  

Congrats on your first show going well.
  • edited February 2013
    Congratulations to GOLDENB238, CUFFYNO3, ICE_TIGER and GREGHOGG who win free entry in to Tuesday's mini at 8.15pm!
  • edited February 2013
    Jules has been a winner tonight. Can Thewy make it 2 in the same night?
    Posted by Machka
    Yes he can!
  • edited February 2013
    Congratulations to  GOLDENB238 , CUFFYNO3 , ICE_TIGER and GREGHOGG  who win free entry in to Tuesday's mini at 8.15pm!
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Cheers for the prize, totally unexpected! thought I was banned from winning prizes like that Machka! :) 

• edited February 2013
    Just wanted to say I thought for her first show Jules was great .
  • edited February 2013
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to say I thought for her first show Jules was great .
    Posted by jonjo75

Thanks Jonjo, I shall pass that on to Jules.

A 5 hour stint to a poker audience is a daunting prospect for a newbie, but the Community were wonderfully supportive & kind.
  • edited February 2013
    I object to that. I am neither supportive of, nor kind to the presenters. :)
  • edited February 2013
    I object to that. I am neither supportive of, nor kind to the presenters. :)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    hahah yissssssssss