You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night's Show Thread

Comments

• edited February 2013
    is anyone having probs with the live stream tonight
  • edited February 2013
    Good luck Jules,

Main reasons I play on sky:

1) Great community ( especially monday DTDs )
    2) Can play on linux via web, too many sites assume u can run windows
    3) Tv channel, fun, informative, and doing it's bit to help the aged.

Ps Tikay any comments on the 49ers playing so badly last weekend? Was the power cut the best part of their night? (Grudging congrats to the Ravens, least bad of the 2 teams imo)
  • edited February 2013
    I have deleted my post re the stream as it now appears to be working
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's Show Thread:
    is anyone having probs with the live stream tonight
    Posted by matisback
    all ok now mat

• edited February 2013
    Hey Tikay and Jules,
    have a great show tonight :)

I got introduced to sky poker last March by my partner the_don90 and i love the site and the banter on the tables.
    I prefer sky poker to other sites as I tend to play alot better on sky poker. Everyone is so friendly on the tables and i think speaking to other people while on the tables helps me aswell.

LOL_I_CALL aka Mel :)
  • edited February 2013

We're looking for volunteers for analyse my play tonight. If you're playing the primo and fancy some tv time, post on the forum and we'll follow your progress!

• edited February 2013
    hand id for free roll 5k
    10/02/201319:07620823052
  • edited February 2013
    There's 5 main reasons why I play on sky poker 

1. For hotties like jules 
    2. Community aspect is great to be able to talk with the people you play against is like no other poker site if you ask me
    3. It's on my tv which I watch everyday tbh
    4. Watching some of my favourite players on tele and getting to no what there mind is thinking (razavi thewy channing ) and Redmond who is the best player on site if you ask me
    5. And of course tikay who makes me giggle everytime he's on and I would to here some more about trains because he makes them sound so interesting :-)

Good luck to both of you on a great show and great pick on jules guys she's great I'm sure Carlo will like her !!

• edited February 2013
    Hi Jules and Tikay,

Could you give the usual big up to the following please....

Forum DTD is back on tomorrow, £5.50 for 3 tourneys with loads of the usual fun and banter thrown in for free.......  
    but please make sure you register on the thread at the top of the forum to take part, as last week we had 16 players who took part but never regd 
  • edited February 2013
     hi ya  sky  i play on sky because its nice to play only in pounds and not dollars,the community is the best u can get help and advice from people and sky presenters,plus being able to wathc urself on telly and having ur hands shown and get it analised and wot u may be doing wrong and not forgetting the presenters who are just brill and good laugh
  • edited February 2013
    By the way Tikay, been experimenting further following your advice on omaha last week. So far still early days, but starting to win more than i lose, which is nice. Thanks again for the starter tips!
  • edited February 2013
    what got me to have sky poker as my main poker site is simply with it having the poker clinic forum which can help me improve so much and has a good community, also because this site is one of the few which uses pounds
  • edited February 2013
    Evening Jules & Tikay
    Hope your having agreat show

Can you show this hand in the BIG Freeroll.........

Hand History #620839838 (19:28 10/02/2013)
  • edited February 2013
    Hello, first time i have seen myself on the show decided i would gamble early to try and get some chips glad it paid off!

The reason i started playing on skypoker was because after playing play money poker for $ on facebook the thought of playing for real pounds on a cash table was really exciting, since then i have really enjoyed immersing myself in the community and reading about some of the other players on the sites journeys like devonfish, garyqqq, lambert, doohhhh ,tommy d all just normal guys playing poker that i can relate to, rather than multimillionaires splashing about with there unlimited bankrolls, also the majority of people are always willing to give advice and help out and support you so that is another positive.
  • edited February 2013
    I love playing on Sky Poker because..........................

Great players, great community, great banter, great advice, great TV and Great British Pounds :)

ps. great presenters too
  • edited February 2013
    evening both

Jules are you a fan of davina mccall? Who is by all accounts Tikays broadcasting idol

• edited February 2013
    Good luck to whomever is in analyse my play tonight.  Quick tip.  Forget your play is being analysed and play normally.  Don't play hands just because you think they may make good tv.  If you do that then you can't get proper and honest advice to improve your play.  Good luck and I hope you do better then I did last week!
  • edited February 2013
    Hi guys

Enjoying the show - Had to write in and say how well Jules is doing in her first show is it ? - missed a cpl of episodes recently

Just enjoying the 5k Freeroll esp after i just got Aces and actually got paid on it

Have a good show

Paul

edIT : great prize structure for the Freeroll btw
  • edited February 2013
    hi Jules and welcome to the mad house that is sky poker,have a great show have fun,and under no circumstances do not mention Richard orford in front of tikay, :):):)xx best wishes to you regards paige55
  • edited February 2013
    (Okay, I'm willing to accept that Ms Sowa is probably not Richard in drag. Red has never been his colour)

Salutations Ms. Sowa.

We have no information with which to wind you up. You don't appear to be wearing pyjamas and we have yet to see how you perform at the poker table. Do you have a bizarrely encyclopaedic knowledge of James Bond or eighties music? Perhaps you have a history of unusual television appearances or a business as a photographer?

Please discuss some of your personal interests and hobbies. We require ammunition for our "friendly banter".

I came over to Sky Poker on the promise of free cake. I'm still waiting for that cake. 

Have a bonny show.
  • edited February 2013
    good evening again Jules and TK
    JUST BUSTED OUT OF THE 5K FREEROLL IN42ND FOR 37.50.
    BEEN A NOVICE WAS VERY HAPPY 2 GET SO FAR .
    SO THANK YOU SKY.
    ALL THE BEST RAINMAN397
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks for the free entry into tonight's Mini Primo, unfortunately I didn't cover myself with glory, losing the bulk of my stack after being outplayed by Phil12Uk, then nursing a short stack for 30 minutes before getting it all in pre flop with pocket 9s against pocket 6s and seeing the 6 come down as the first card on the flop

Will try again next time
  • edited February 2013
    (Okay, I'm willing to accept that Ms Sowa is probably not Richard in drag. Red has never been his colour) Salutations Ms. Sowa. We have no information with which to wind you up. You don't appear to be wearing pyjamas and we have yet to see how you perform at the poker table. Do you have a bizarrely encyclopaedic knowledge of James Bond or eighties music? Perhaps you have a history of unusual television appearances or a business as a photographer? Please discuss some of your personal interests and hobbies. We require ammunition for our "friendly banter". I came over to Sky Poker on the promise of free cake. I'm still waiting for that cake.  Have a bonny show.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    The cake is a lie!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night's Show Thread : The cake is a lie!
    Posted by Giant811
    Why do you want to kill my dreams, Ulrich?
  • edited February 2013
    Just busted out out of FR in 30th place  but have never got £50 for a FR before even after winning 1 or 2 - gr8 promo and should be a nice boost to my low stakes BR

Started with £40 3 months ago playing micro - low stakes and this will just about take it to the 1k mark (thin brag) so thx to Sky

P

This was my exit hand although i thought he was ahead as he,d know he was getting a call with q or k high and it was a dead button but had to call

Just busted out out of FR in 30th but have never got £50 for a FR befoe even after winning 1 or 2 - gr8 promo and should be a nice boost to my low stakes BR

Started with £40 3 months ago playing micro - low stakes and this will just about take it to the 1k mark (thin brag) so thx to Sky

P

This was my exit hand although i thought he was ahead as he,d know he was getting a call with q or k high and it was a dead button but had to call

Not posted  a hand for the show before but unless it was 1 off the next step up in cash due to the structure

Hand History #620909688
  • edited February 2013
    Erm.... borin loner....less about pjs!  Thank god our shows are not repeated!!

Well done Jules, lookign gorgeous, and handling Teaks well, give him a squeeze for me, but not too hard he may crumble!

xx
  • edited February 2013
    Erm.... borin loner....less about pjs!  Thank god our shows are not repeated!! Well done Jules, lookign gorgeous, and handling Teaks well, give him a squeeze for me, but not too hard he may crumble! xx
    Posted by MissFowler
    I don't know what the problem is. I said they were nice pyjamas, didn't I? They didn't have "My Little Pony" on them or owt.

Tennis? Hmmm.... I'll have a think about that one for your next show Ms. Sowa.
  • UPUP
    edited February 2013
    Nice to see Jule Jamaican her way onto the show! Looks like we are SET FORE(HAND) an ACE show.
  • edited February 2013
    Jules is it true you dislike bees but like roly poly's ?
  • edited February 2013
    i got to say that was a great tournement and what i liked best about it was it give me the chance to play with more of the regular poker players because with me mainly on the micro stakes it's mainly new players i am playing.