You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Can Make You Thin!!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Day 28

Starting Weight - 18st 4lbs

Target Weight - 16st 4lbs

Current Weight - 17st 7lbs 

A total loss of 11lbs but may be a bit skewed as I was ill yesterday. 

Happy with my progress but I suppose it is still early days and it's all about the baby steps. 
  • edited March 2013
    almost a whole stone mate!

being ill might help u lose more, although I hope u feel better soon!

WPWP

Keep it up!

:)

I'm still a fatty fwiw! 
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks Greg, I only had a 24 hour bug thingy, just think that it may have added a pound or 2 more loss than it perhaps should have been but we shall see next week at weigh in :) 

I think that stone loss milestone will be a great achievement for myself, I have some trecherous month or so ahead with a lot of temptations i.e. MC weekend, SPT Dublin(Hopefully), I don't tend to eat much when playing poker but at Spt's etc there are normally a lot of drinking involved so I will have to be a bit weary of that but I still want to enjoy myself so everything in moderation I guess. 

Get thinner you fatty! 
  • edited March 2013
    Start weight 19st 3lb on the 21st of Feb

Target is 16st 7lb by the 1st of June

Weight today 18st 5.75lb 

This is quit a surprise i weight last Sunday and was devastated by my weight i had been in the USA for 9 days and only just got off the plane. Then mid week I got reminded by Dylan that I had to post here, I said I would do it the following day but forgot maybe because i did''t want to.
    This week has been good, i am back to normal work so dieting is easy and i have not eaten more than 1500 cals a day all week and had no beer yesterday Evan being in Cardiff for the grand slam spoiler. 

Poker has been good to me this year my live game is in a very good place and after a profitable USA trip and a good run on sky last week i have bought in to the SPT in London so i hope to see some of you there.

DAI

• edited March 2013
    Jeez, excellent work Dai! 

That is some weight loss considering you have been on your travels as well! 

Well done also for not drinking yesterday, great willpower especially after such an EPIC WIN :) 
  • edited March 2013

Weight Friday 18st 4.5lb 

This week has been a a big shock my weight on Friday was at best a disappointment i tried my best and to only to drop a pound was a big shock, and i don't know why! All week i was well under my cal intake and was hoping for a big loss. SIGH
    So onward we go i let my hair down at the SPT Stratford so i will give the weigh-bridge a miss until Friday 

Dai
  • edited March 2013
    had seen this thread but hadn't read til i realised it was dylan,

good work so far mate, i doubt i'll even recognise you next month until you open your mouth.

not sure if you've considered doing any fitness training, someone recommended 'couch to 5k' to me a month or 2 ago, i've always detested running but it's very good & the podcasts really do help,

gooood luck
  • edited March 2013
    just google couch to 5k, it's on the nhs website
  • edited March 2013
    Day 37

Target Weight - 16st 4lbs

Current Weight - 17st 6lbs 

Not a great deal of movement but I didn't have a great weekend diet wise so all in all not overly surprised with the lack of weight loss but I guess any loss is good just need to step up the exercise regime 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Can Make You Thin!!:
    had seen this thread but hadn't read til i realised it was dylan, good work so far mate, i doubt i'll even recognise you next month until you open your mouth. not sure if you've considered doing any fitness training, someone recommended 'couch to 5k' to me a month or 2 ago, i've always detested running but it's very good & the podcasts really do help, gooood luck
    Posted by yoyo
    Haha, thanks Jules! 

Yes I do need to do more fitness training as been a bit lazy with this but will give your recommendation a try but I am suprised you don't like running considering your likeness to running in god mode on the poker felt :) 

In all seriousness, I will deffo take a look at that site and take it up a notch so thanks for that mate! 
  • edited March 2013
    goodluck dylan and daiboot as a fellow fatty i feel your pain ........
    weighed myself for the first time in years just after christmas and was horrified to find out i weighed 122kg /19.2 stone,so went straight out and bought a treadmill and started to eat a lot healthier just weighed myself today and now weigh 109.8kg/17 .3 stone !! nearly a loss of 2 stone :)  i`m trying not to look at it so much as a diet but more of a new life style ....... its hard work but i`m sure if i can do it your two can, good luck both and keep up the good work 
  • edited March 2013
    goodluck dylan and daiboot as a fellow fatty i feel your pain ........ weighed myself for the first time in years just after christmas and was horrified to find out i weighed 122kg /19.2 stone,so went straight out and bought a treadmill and started to eat a lot healthier just weighed myself today and now weigh 109.8kg/17 .3 stone !! nearly a loss of 2 stone :)  i`m trying not to look at it so much as a diet but more of a new life style ....... its hard work but i`m sure if i can do it your two can, good luck both and keep up the good work 
    Posted by unbpower

Wow, that is fantastic! 

Well done mate, really good effort that is! I am the same as you really, I am treating it more as a lifestyle change as I know I will have blow outs with drink etc as I like to enjoy myself so I want to reach a stage where I will be happy with my weight and try to maintain that rather than yo-yoing up and down in weight!

Please keep us updated on your progress if you lose or maintain etc and any tips for your fellow fatties as well please mate :) 

• edited March 2013
    good luck you 2 x fattys
     I am lucky to be able to eat what i want, without getting fat, my doctor says my weight is fine.
     Only to be 2 ft 6 inch short.

good luck, more pies for us
  • edited March 2013
    Haha, thanks Col, your an inspiration of course ;) 
  • edited March 2013
    UKOPS week-end!!!!

Am sure to Lose a few extra pounds!!!!!!

GL Lads, KEEP GOING!!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    Day 41

Current Weight - 17st 6lbs 

First stumbling block, no weight loss this week. Need to up the exercise though as this is the stage I normally fail at past weigh loss challenges so must battle through! 

Hard weekend coming up, out on a stag weekend so I expect some weight gain therefore excercise in the week will be important to try and balance it all out I think! 
  • edited April 2013

Weight Friday 18st 5lb 

As you can see i have put some weight on i had a relapse at the end of last week. I had to much beer and way to much food at the APAT world poker championships at Dusk till dawn. 
    Now i will have to have a big push, i have had a good chat nutritionist and he has told me to drink more water i don't see how this will help but i will give it a go.

come on dyl we can do this

Dai
  • edited April 2013
    Day 48

Current Weight - 17st 7lbs 

I have gained 1lbs this week, not really surprised, I was on a stag last weekend and I did fall off the wagon slightly with the beer drinking but I was very good with regards to what I ate, normally I would have eaten my fair share of kebabs and take aways but I stuck to a healthy (ish) regime on the eating front although I was mocked for eating fresh fruit rather than a fry up in the mornings! 

I am still struggling with the exercise, I need to get over this, I have been really busy with work over the past few months and continue to be busy now but that is just a kop out, I have enough time in the evenings/weekends to go walking/jogging but I am being well and truly lazy so I need to get myself in the right frame of mind and begin exercising and stop with the excuses!
  • edited April 2013
    Day 53

Current Weight - 17st 5lbs 

Been exercising a lot more this week and lost 2lbs so happy with that. 

A total loss of 13lbs since posting in this thread and having weighed in at 18st 12lbs at the start of the year I am very happy with the progress and I am treating it more as a marathon than a sprint anyway.
  • edited April 2013
    Well in bad news I am no longer going to SPT Dublin which is a shame as I was looking forward to it and having lived there for 2 years it always has a special place in my heart. 

In good news though I have just booked my Vegas trip for the Summer :) 

I had been dithering on going to Vegas this year for a month or so now but today I made my mind up! It was ofc no coincidence that Virgin Atlantic have a flight sale on today (I believe it is on for part of tomorrow as well) and I got my flights for £400 cheaper than I would have if I booked last week, last month, next Wednesday etc etc so that is some value there and I knew I would have to make a final decision today and that I did! 

Therefore I am flying out on the 14th of June with Scotty77 and staying at the mirage hotel. Never stayed at the mirage before but Julian insisted on us staying there, something to do with the old valet ladies or something! I am returning on the 26th of June so missing out on the Main Event occasion this year, I witnessed it last year but didn't play and I have no real desire to play it this year either however by going in June there are more tournament options available as it was quie restrictive last year as most were coming to an end as we arived so looking forward to putting a schedule together in the coming days. 

I normally base my schedule around the best restaurants but that will change this year and I will be a bit more flexible :) 

When I began this thread I said this in the OP - 

"However, if I am not down to at least 17st by the end of May then I will not be going to Las Vegas come what may!!"

Although I am ofc on course to achieve this target I had to book my flights today due to the offer with Virgin Atlantic therefore if I do indded fail to reach my 17st target by the end of May, for every pound I am over 17st I will donate £100 for each of those pounds so that is incentive enough for me!! 
  • edited April 2013
    I have only had a quick read of this thread, but coming from a background in this area, I feel obliged to say that low fat nutrition plans are not healthy and not sustainable long term.

Eating fat does not make you fat.

Furthermore your body needs fat

Granted a gram of fat contains more Kcals than either a gram of carbohydrate or a gram of protein. But it is not the enemy.

I have seen way too many people go down the low fat route. In the end, it is not sustainable.

Cut out non essential junk food and eat non processed foodstuffs, try and eat about 6 small meals a day.

Would be happy to comment more, but going out now.

gl
  • edited April 2013
    Well in bad news I am no longer going to SPT Dublin which is a shame as I was looking forward to it and having lived there for 2 years it always has a special place in my heart.  In good news though I have just booked my Vegas trip for the Summer :)  I had been dithering on going to Vegas this year for a month or so now but today I made my mind up! It was ofc no coincidence that Virgin Atlantic have a flight sale on today (I believe it is on for part of tomorrow as well) and I got my flights for £400 cheaper than I would have if I booked last week, last month, next Wednesday etc etc so that is some value there and I knew I would have to make a final decision today and that I did!  Therefore I am flying out on the 14th of June with Scotty77 and staying at the mirage hotel. Never stayed at the mirage before but Julian insisted on us staying there, something to do with the old valet ladies or something! I am returning on the 26th of June so missing out on the Main Event occasion this year, I witnessed it last year but didn't play and I have no real desire to play it this year either however by going in June there are more tournament options available as it was quie restrictive last year as most were coming to an end as we arived so looking forward to putting a schedule together in the coming days.  I normally base my schedule around the best restaurants but that will change this year and I will be a bit more flexible :)  When I began this thread I said this in the OP -  "However, if I am not down to at least 17st by the end of May then I will not be going to Las Vegas come what may!!" Although I am ofc on course to achieve this target I had to book my flights today due to the offer with Virgin Atlantic therefore if I do indded fail to reach my 17st target by the end of May, for every pound I am over 17st I will donate £100 for each of those pounds so that is incentive enough for me!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    a) No Dylan in Dublin?! Heartbroken

b) Must be something in the Virgin Atlantic water ... a load of us purchased sale flights today!! Cannot wait.

c) I am uber impressed with your progressed.  You have inspired me to join you (I am a slob).  Hopefully we can show off our super buff new bodies as we exchange glances at McCarren airport!! 

x
  • edited April 2013
    Comment as much as you like Cal, any information will be gratefuly received as I know there are others who read this thread secretly that could use some tips themselves i.e. Greghogg. 

Your contribution would be greatly received. 
  • edited April 2013
    Natalie, please inform us on twitter before you go booking holidays in the future please as I am not happy that you and Adam will be in the arrivals section and I will be in the departures section! 

Thank you for your kind words and welcome to the party :) 

Will both the Bromley's be appearing in Nottingham this wekend?
    If so, will you be around Thursday evening for eats and drinkies? 
    Tommy is organising a get together but fair play he is useless but don't tell him that I said that, he never reads this thread cos he is to skinny x 
  • edited April 2013
    Natalie, please inform us on twitter before you go booking holidays in the future please as I am not happy that you and Adam will be in the arrivals section and I will be in the departures section!  Thank you for your kind words and welcome to the party :)  Will both the Bromley's be appearing in Nottingham this wekend? If so, will you be around Thursday evening for eats and drinkies?  Tommy is organising a get together but fair play he is useless but don't tell him that I said that, he never reads this thread cos he is to skinny x 
    Posted by dylan12
    I will try not to gloat too much as I shimmer out of the Premium Economy lounge and head off to the WSOP Ladies ;)

Yes we are hoping to be,  Let me see how this week at the daytime grind goes and I will let you know later in the week.

B

ps ... not posting my weight yet. I am beyond mortified!! 
  • edited April 2013
    Great stuff, just let us know then and I hope you will be there Thursday night to get the party started! 

With posting your weight, no need at all, just post how much you have lost/gained each week my dear :) 

• edited April 2013
    Natalie, please inform us on twitter before you go booking holidays in the future please as I am not happy that you and Adam will be in the arrivals section and I will be in the departures section!  Thank you for your kind words and welcome to the party :)  Will both the Bromley's be appearing in Nottingham this wekend? If so, will you be around Thursday evening for eats and drinkies?  Tommy is organising a get together but fair play he is useless but don't tell him that I said that, he never reads this thread cos he is to skinny x 
    Posted by dylan12
    Ahem

Gutted you're not going to be in Dublin mate but it'll be lovely to see this toned Welsh version on Thursday.  At least I'll know when I'm about to bust the Monte Carlo when I see your happy face about to ask me for a chip count.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Can Make You Thin!! : Ahem Gutted you're not going to be in Dublin mate but it'll be lovely to see this toned Welsh version on Thursday.  At least I'll know when I'm about to bust the Monte Carlo when I see your happy face about to ask me for a chip count.
    Posted by TommyD

You will not see a toned version of me I am afraid, even though I have had to add two sets of new holes in my belts (third set need to be added now), I still have this big belly in front of me and that is yet to shift. This is where I think the excercise will become key and will shift that way I hope! 

Always happy to be at hand to give you a rub down mate and I look forward to your exit ;) 

• edited April 2013

Weight  18st 0.5lb on Tusday 16th April

This last two weeks have been hell! Work is very hard but my exercise level is good as i walk on average 8 miles a day which has surprised me no end. I have installed an app on my phone called Walkmaster the 8 miles is about 1500 calories lost which is helped me drop a few more pounds. My food intake is way more than it should be with the stress of work at the moment  the main cause. When i get put under pressure i always seem to comfort eat it is a habit that i need to get under control. I have worked 15 days solid and have driven about 250 miles a day. It's when i drive i tend to eat the most and not good food pies pasty and that kind of junk food. I am having a few days off this weekend and when i start back on Monday the main diet push will be discipline.  

I luckboxed a Monte Carlo seat last night for £31 will most probably play day 1a as i have meetings up to Friday afternoon so i may see you all on Saturday.

I am glad to see Natalie join the thin thread I would like to see GREGHOGG post on here about his weight loss program but there is more chance of me winning the Monte Carlo than that happening.

Dai

• edited April 2013
    Great work Dai! Over a stone loss now! 

When I first began this I was watching what i ate etc but now I am just being more sensible and still eating food that isn't great for me but I enjoy it so I will eat it but in lesser quantity than before. 

If you are too strict with yourself then you will keep lapsing and there is no rush to lose the weight, slow and steady ftw mate! 

Hope to see ya Saturday then!