You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Diary

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Sorry craigcu12, i'm not copying you or anything, i just thought your diary thing is a good idea and a good thing to have if you want to go over and analayze your only play etc so i thought i would make one as well :P your's will still be better i promise ;) haha.

Anyway, my poker diary won't be done by playing on sky poker, read my thread in the community help and advice bit since i can't be bothered explaining why over again haha. I hope everyone will still give me tips and advice on the hands i do post on here, like i said before i want to become a better player and this forum is definitely full of people who can help me become one with their help. Hopefully because i'm playing on titan poker and not here, i won't be ignored haha.

Deposited £120, 40 buy ins for 4nl, i will move up to the next level once i have the appropriate bankroll, but for now it's 4nl :)

First session i did earlier, only for half an hour before tea and i'm up £4.50 making a flush with ace,king suited and some idiot shoving all in pre with 7,4 off utg and i had aces in the bb (Flop came out 7,4,2 as well) i rivered a 2 though haha.

Wish me luck! Not really got a target of where i want to be at at a particular time, i'm just going to take it one day at a time, enjoy myself and see what happens :)

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Lots of diarys skeg, i guarentee you craig wasn't the first. Nor will yours be the last no need to appoligise to anyone. :) 

Just post and im sure the energy you put in wil come across to others and make it a good read. Althoiugh i wouldn't make a habit of caling people idiots. :) 
  • edited March 2013
    That's alright then haha.

Just had my biggest loss so far, lost £4 with kings v aces, all the money went in pre lol. Back to the start again :P
  • edited March 2013
    Just finished another session, i broke even. Which i will take considering i lost £4 with kings running into aces, and my aces getting cracked by 8,10 off lol.

Best hand of the session was getting quad 10s, didn't get paid on the river though!

Siamne77: SB £0.02
    Me: BB £0.04
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Me [10C 10D]
    TOMVEIL: Fold
    RafSamara: Fold
    Drawdem999: Call £0.04
    atta62: Fold
    ODyBAHbI4: Fold
    hadimimo: Fold
    Siamne77: Fold
    Me: Raise To £0.20
    Drawdem999: Call £0.16
    *** FLOP *** [As 10h 9d]
    Me: Bet £0.16
    Drawdem999: Call £0.16
    *** TURN *** [As 10h 9d 10s]
    Me: Check
    Drawdem999: Bet £0.74
    Me: Raise To £1.48
    Drawdem999: Call £0.74
    *** RIVER *** [As 10h 9d 10s Ah]
    Me: Bet £2.16 (all in)
    Drawdem999: Fold
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot £5.62 Rake £0.24
    Me: wins £5.62

I thought he had an ace, guess i was wrong lol.

Good fold?

Seat 1: PeToader (£8.60 in chips)
    Seat 2: steelman174 (£5.00 in chips)
    Seat 3: ODyBAHbI4 (£5.00 in chips)
    Seat 4: hadimimo (£6.92 in chips)
    Seat 5: Me (£4.33 in chips)
    Seat 6: dzoziwegrzce (£6.36 in chips)
    Seat 8: Lord123456 (£0.00 in chips)
    Seat 9: TOMVEIL (£11.06 in chips)
    Seat 10: kicsishadowhun (£0.00 in chips)

TOMVEIL: SB £0.02
    PeToader: BB £0.04
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Me [9c 9h]
    steelman174: Sitout
    ODyBAHbI4: Fold
    hadimimo: Fold
    Me: Raise To £0.16
    dzoziwegrzce: Fold
    PeToader: Raise To £0.50
    Me: Call £0.34
    *** FLOP *** [8s 2h 7h]
    PeToader: Bet £0.56
    Me: Call £0.56
    *** TURN *** [8s 2h 7h 2s]
    PeToader: Bet £1.16
    Me: Fold
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot £3.16 Rake £0.14
    PeToader: wins £3.16

Wasn't too sure about this one, i decided he had an overpair or flopped a set after he fired the flop and turn so i folded.

Decent session, would have been up £5 if it wasn't for the bad beats but hey, i had fun haha. Nothing better to do on a sunday night ;)

• edited March 2013
    Quad aces this time! Profit of £1.30 in 30 minute session, was off to a bad start again losing £2 in my first few hands but came back lol.

KraleMarko: SB £0.02
    Me: BB £0.04
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Me [Kd Ad]
    MrHarvester: Fold
    jpsmjm: Raise To £0.12
    KraleMarko: Fold
    Me: Raise To £0.36
    jpsmjm: Call £0.24
    *** FLOP *** [Ah 9s Ac]
    jpsmjm: Check
    *** TURN *** [Ah 9s Ac 10h]
    Me: Bet £0.40
    jpsmjm: Raise To £2.18 (all in)
    Me1: Call £1.78
    *** RIVER *** [Ah 9s Ac 10h As]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    jpsmjm: shows [10d Ks] (Full house)
    Me: shows [Kd Ad] (Four of a kind)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot £4.76 Rake £0.34
    Me: wins £4.76

Got timed out, that's why i didn't bet the flop, still getting used to multitabling lol. Can manage 4 now :P but i'm more comfortable with 3 still lol
  • edited March 2013
    That's me done for today, 666 hands in total, profit of £8.80 not a bad start, lets see what tomorrow brings!

Coincedentally on my 666th hand, i lost 66p with pocket 6s, no joke.. hahaha.

Bankroll at start of day: £120.00
    Bankroll at end of day: £128.80
  • edited March 2013
    gl at the tables and your diary
  • edited March 2013
    cheers liam, remember everyone any advice/criticisms of any hands i post would be much appreciated, i'm only 19 remember I still have a lot to learn lol.
  • edited March 2013
    good luck with your diary skeg keep it up and you will get a lot of followers like myself.
  • edited March 2013
    cheers craig, i will try and keep it up haha. Doubt i'd be able to play as much as you do though, i need a break every 30-60 mins of playing for a cup of tea or something, can't stare at the laptop screen for longer than that haha. Plus the fact i play in the pub leagues 4 nights a week :P

Also, call me ryan, skeg is where i live, i couldn't think of a username when i signed up hahaha.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: My Diary:
    cheers craig, i will try and keep it up haha. Doubt i'd be able to play as much as you do though, i need a break every 30-60 mins of playing for a cup of tea or something, can't stare at the laptop screen for longer than that haha. Plus the fact i play in the pub leagues 4 nights a week :P Also, call me ryan, skeg is where i live, i couldn't think of a username when i signed up hahaha.
    Posted by skeg_poker
    half of what gives me the time is i have a long term disability call aspergers which is a complicated mental illness which affects the brain in a way where you are either excellent at something or terrible and for me maths and strategy are two of my strong points which are just what i need in poker my weaknesses are hand eye co-ordination english and social skills which are key for most jobs so i just can't work and only do volenteering.
  • edited March 2013
    My brother has that as well, sorry to hear that. At least you're good at maths and strategy, perfect for poker like you said haha. I'm the same to be honest, maths and strategy i'm great at, no interest/terrible at anything else lol.

Well i said i was done playing poker for today, but decided to go back on and play for half an hour or so as it is sunday night after all, f all on tv and i can't sleep haha. Very first hand this happens -

Me: SB £0.02
    fudge382: BB £0.04
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Ryanshire01 [9h 9d]
    maykil11: Call £0.04
    RustyBada: Call £0.04
    Curlcurl: Raise To £0.16
    19700706: Fold
    Me: Call £0.14
    fudge382: Fold
    maykil11: Fold
    RustyBada: Call £0.12
    *** FLOP *** [9c 3c Ks]
    RustyBada: Bet £0.04
    Curlcurl: Raise To £0.34
    Me: Raise To £1.16
    RustyBada: Fold
    Curlcurl: Raise To £2.51 (all in)
    Me: Call £1.35
    *** TURN *** [Jh]
    *** RIVER *** [9s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Me: shows [9h 9d] (Four of a kind)
    Curlcurl: shows [Qh Kd] (Two pair)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot £5.25 Rake £0.37
    Me: wins £5.25

Not a bad start eh, quads 3 times in one day! Bankroll now stands at £131.10, that is me definitely done for tonight haha. See you all tomorrow!
  • edited March 2013
    Had a half hour session just now, accidentally called an all in with ace, 10 when i meant to fold (was only for 70p so that's not so bad, still getting used to multitabling lol)

Down £1.40 for the session, didn't get much going but onwards and upwards to the next session!
  • edited March 2013
    Another half hour session done before i'm out to play poker at the pub haha. £2 profit, 60p profit for the day.

Had aces twice in the big blind, both times everyone folded :( haha.

Pretty much a grind, not many hands to tell you about, my biggest pot won was with a bluff and after i flopped a straight with 9,10 suited, pre flop aggresor shoved all in for about 80p which i called and won.

Good fun though, i'm enjoying these grinds haha, learning more every hand played.
  • edited March 2013
    Alright skeg......enjoying your diary so far. Do you know how to post the hands rather than the description though as it would make it easier to read.

BTW, wd in the nuts league and the best of luck to you in Stoke :)
  • edited March 2013
    Alright skeg......enjoying your diary so far. Do you know how to post the hands rather than the description though as it would make it easier to read. BTW, wd in the nuts league and the best of luck to you in Stoke :)
    Posted by waller02
    I've tried to find a way to post the hands in a better format, i've searched online for a hand converter but the oens i've tried don't work lol. Shame titan poker doesn't have the option of copying and pasting the hand history like you can on sky poker. If anyone knows of any hand converter that does work, let me know thanks.

And cheers, Stoke should be brilliant lol. Off to play another session, will post results and/or any hands afterwards.
  • edited March 2013
    Just finished my next session, was doing 3 tables then went up to 4, think i will stick with 3 at a time though as I am still new to multitabling, i need more experience until i can manage 4 imo. Anyone have any tips on multitabling? I find it quite difficult to read players, etc as they're is so much going on at one time.

Anyway this session was frustrating to say the least, 393 hands in 2 hours, sat down at a total of 7 tables, profits on 2 of them of £5.32 and £1.19. Losses on the other 5 of £1.09, £1.37, £1.58, £2.58 and £1.31.

Total profit for the session: -£1.35

Variance and my luck was a **** on these tables, was getting called with any 2 cards and getting beat more times than you should on average, my kings got beat by ace 2 after he rivered an ace that was my biggest loss of the night. Everyone was a donk and the amount of times i had to fold top pair etc because of a 4 card straight or flush etc on the board was unbelievable lol. I also made what i thought was a good fold with pocket 9s on a board of 10-10-7-8-2 but ended up seeing i had the best hand all along and could have won a £3 pot, oh well! haha.

Most profitable hand of tonight was this:

Seat 1: TOMVEIL (£5.12 in chips)
    Seat 2: atta62 (£2.44 in chips)
    Seat 3: cydelix (£7.11 in chips)
    Seat 4: Alex2269 (£0.36 in chips)
    Seat 5: Me (£5.03 in chips)
    Seat 6: Dujemix (£5.17 in chips)
    Seat 8: ZolotovladDD (£5.64 in chips)
    Seat 9: hidestep7 (£1.82 in chips)
    Seat 10: H3llToad83 (£5.14 in chips)

cydelix: SB £0.02
    Alex2269: BB £0.04
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Me [7d 6d]
    Me: Raise To £0.12
    Dujemix: Fold
    ZolotovladDD: Fold
    hidestep7: Fold
    H3llToad83: Fold
    TOMVEIL: Raise To £0.20
    atta62: Fold
    cydelix: Fold
    Alex2269: Fold
    Me: Call £0.08
    *** FLOP *** [Qd Ad 3d]
    TOMVEIL: Bet £0.28
    Me: Raise To £0.65
    TOMVEIL: Raise To £2.07
    Me: Raise To £4.83 (all in)
    TOMVEIL: Call £2.76
    *** TURN *** [Qc]
    *** RIVER *** [6s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    TOMVEIL: shows [Ks Kd] (Two pair)
    Me: shows [7d 6d] (Flush)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot £9.45 Rake £0.67
    Me: wins £9.45

If the villian had raised bigger pre, i would have folded oop but i thought i had decent implied odds to call, if i had missed the flop it would have been as easy fold obviously. Wasn't too worried about the higher flush, as i thought he had a big pair, or maybe a set.

That's me done for today anyway, overall i have made a loss of 75p today, which means my bankroll is now: £130.40.

Looking forward to tomorrows sessions, hopefully i run better than tonight! Goodnight everyone.

• edited March 2013
    Just finished another hours session, time for a break now i'll have a cup of tea and something to eat, walk my dog then come back for another small session. Find it difficult to stare at a computer screen and concentrate for longer than an hour at a time haha.

Was a very good session, 5 tables, 292 hands in total and profits of £3.53, £1.83, 1p (haha) and £1.30 and one loss of £1.14. Total profit of £5.53 (well £8.86, as i got a £3.33 bonus as well when i logged in haha)

Only bad beat i had was when my queens ran into aces, i rivered a set but that gave him the straight haha. Lost £2 on that hand (all the money went in pre.)

My two most profitable hands were in the space of 3 minutes:

Seat 1: TOMVEIL (£5.10 in chips)
    Seat 2: mortuustuna (£2.86 in chips)
    Seat 3: Me (£4.51 in chips)
    Seat 4: Coelho87 (£4.17 in chips)
    Seat 5: doddod95 (£0.88 in chips)
    Seat 6: sisy8006 (£6.18 in chips)
    Seat 8: ZolotovladDD (£4.98 in chips)
    Seat 9: Zossi (£4.16 in chips)
    Seat 10: orc770 (£5.98 in chips)

Zossi: SB £0.02
    orc770: BB £0.04
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Me [As Ah]
    Me: Raise To £0.16
    Coelho87: Fold
    doddod95: Fold
    sisy8006: Fold
    Zossi: Raise To £0.56
    orc770: Fold
    Me: Call £0.40
    *** FLOP *** [7d 7h 2s]
    Zossi: Bet £0.75
    Me: Call £0.75
    *** TURN *** [10h]
    Zossi: Bet £1.40
    Me: Raise To £3.20
    Zossi: All in £1.45
    *** RIVER *** [8d]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Me: shows [As Ah] (Two pair)
    Zossi: shows [Qd Qc] (Two pair)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot £8.16 Rake £0.55
    Me: wins £8.16

Hand 2:

Seat 1: Zossi (£4.08 in chips)
    Seat 2: Puderka (£4.41 in chips)
    Seat 3: sisy8006 (£5.00 in chips)
    Seat 4: 7dimafon7 (£0.88 in chips)
    Seat 5: Putziputzipu (£11.16 in chips)
    Seat 6: J0BL0 (£6.62 in chips)
    Seat 8: orc770 (£4.00 in chips)
    Seat 9: Me (£4.00 in chips)
    Seat 10: ZolotovladDD (£6.21 in chips)

Me: SB £0.02
    ZolotovladDD: BB £0.04
    J0BL0: BB £0.06
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Ryanshire01 [10s 10h]
    Puderka: Call £0.04
    sisy8006: Fold
    7dimafon7: Fold
    Putziputzipu: Raise To £0.24
    J0BL0: Fold
    orc770: Fold
    Me: Raise To £0.72
    Puderka: Raise To £4.41 (all in)
    Putziputzipu: Fold
    Me: Allin £3.28
    *** FLOP *** [As 6c 8c]
    *** TURN *** [8s]
    *** RIVER *** [Ks]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Puderka: shows [7d 7s] (Two pair)
    Me: shows [10s 10h] (Two pair)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot £8.20 Rake £0.55
    Puderka: wins £0.41
    Me: wins £7.79

Decided to take a bit of a gamble with this one (who doesn't love a gamble eh? ;)), the limp/raise all in smelled a bit fishy to me, never seen him limp/raise before and the hands he normally limps with are suited connectors/small pocket pairs etc so i thought at worst he has 2 overcards to my 10s. Delighted to see he had an underpair haha.

Onwards and upwards to the next session later on! Remember, if anyone knows of a good hand history convertor tool thing, let me know thanks.
  • edited March 2013
    Ahhhhh........guess who didn't read your opening post properly!!! I just saw the 120 quid...40 buyins and assumed it was on here

I thought you were playing on here.....I might have to decide to stop reading this diary now lol
  • edited March 2013
    Ahhhhh........guess who didn't read your opening post properly!!! I just saw the 120 quid...40 buyins and assumed it was on here I thought you were playing on here.....I might have to decide to stop reading this diary now lol
    Posted by waller02
    Hahaha, i have nothing against sky poker it's only because my laptop keeps crashing and disconnecting every time i use it lol. This forum is great though, some good players etc that give good feedback and advice, thats why i decided to stay here while im playing elsewhere and hope to become a better player lol.

Just finished another small session before my tea, 40 minutes, 6 tables. Profits of £1.11, £3.57 and 46p. Losses of £1.39, £1.11 and 52p. Total profit for the session = £2.12.

Haven't got any interesting hands to post this time, overall a good day so far though. That's me done until tonight, i might have another small session after i'm home from poker and i've watched it on tv :P
  • edited March 2013

I imagine the 4nl standard is pretty much the same on titan as it is on here then??

I agree with what you say though, My laptop can handle more tables on other sites than it can on here......dunno whether that is because my laptop is cheap, the software isn't the greatest or a mixture of both.

Still love sky though (most of the time) :)

• edited March 2013
    Hi Skeg good luck with the diary and increasing your bankroll. Thought i'd ask few questions get a bit of background as i always find that stuff quite interesting as it gives a bit of context to all the poker talk..

I read on your profile you havn't played poker for that long, how did you get into the game?
    How old are you? do you work etc? find much time to play?
    Do you play alot live? play any other format or just cash?
    Whats the standard like on the site you play? many regs?

Feel free to ignore any or all lol
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: My Diary : Hahaha, i have nothing against sky poker it's only because my laptop keeps crashing and disconnecting every time i use it lol. This forum is great though, some good players etc that give good feedback and advice, thats why i decided to stay here while im playing elsewhere and hope to become a better player lol. Just finished another small session before my tea, 40 minutes, 6 tables. Profits of £1.11, £3.57 and 46p. Losses of £1.39, £1.11 and 52p. Total profit for the session = £2.12. Haven't got any interesting hands to post this time, overall a good day so far though. That's me done until tonight, i might have another small session after i'm home from poker and i've watched it on tv :P
    Posted by skeg_poker
     Hi skeg--- I was having a lot of trouble with my laptop too--- I solved it by disabling norton security--- now it seems fine again-- hope this helps because sky is floppin marvellous innit!
  • edited March 2013
    I imagine the 4nl standard is pretty much the same on titan as it is on here then?? I agree with what you say though, My laptop can handle more tables on other sites than it can on here......dunno whether that is because my laptop is cheap, the software isn't the greatest or a mixture of both. Still love sky though (most of the time) :)
    Posted by waller02
    Yeah it's pretty much the same, and yeah my laptop is old and a peice of **** so i'm surprised it can even handle 1 table never mind 4-6 haha.

I like sky as well, especially the fact it has a TV channel, that's good to watch most of the time haha. Maybe if i win enough money i can buy a new laptop and start playing on here again lol :P
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Skeg good luck with the diary and increasing your bankroll. Thought i'd ask few questions get a bit of background as i always find that stuff quite interesting as it gives a bit of context to all the poker talk.. I read on your profile you havn't played poker for that long, how did you get into the game? How old are you? do you work etc? find much time to play? Do you play alot live? play any other format or just cash? Whats the standard like on the site you play? many regs? Feel free to ignore any or all lol
    Posted by benc

Thanks benc, i started playing poker in about July/August when i watched it on channel 4 one day and thought it looked interesting, so I decided to start playing on that zynga poker site just to learn the basics etc and I went onto the partpoker.com website which gives you a lot of good tips and advice for beginners. I turned 19 last month lol. I don't work atm, don't really need a job right now if i'm honest so i plenty of spare time on my hands right now to play. I play live 4 nights a week (monday, tuesday, wednesday and friday) in the Nuts Poker League at local pubs round my area, i started going there in October, after i had learned the basics etc. I just play cash tbh, maybe a mtt or a freeroll event every now and again if i fancy it. The standard at titan is just like here really, a few good regs and a lot of beginners/poor players on the lower limits haha.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: My Diary :  Hi skeg--- I was having a lot of trouble with my laptop too--- I solved it by disabling norton security--- now it seems fine again-- hope this helps because sky is floppin marvellous innit!
    Posted by oynutter
    I don't use norton security, I have AVG i think it's called? :P
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: My Diary : I don't use norton security, I have AVG i think it's called? :P
    Posted by skeg_poker
    have you tried disabling it?--might work--- also getting laptop cleaned up might help-- gl
  • edited March 2013
    Think we found the guy who did the annoying clown laugh for the scary clown in blackpool haha.

Good diary tho haha
  • edited March 2013
    Think we found the guy who did the annoying clown laugh for the scary clown in blackpool haha. Good diary tho haha
    Posted by seppe
    What do you mean haha? and cheers :)

Only had a 20 minute session tonight before i remembered the poker was on TV so i went off to watch it, didn't get off to a very good start, had ace,king suited and lost one buy in of £4 with it (oppo flopped two pair with ace 9), but i got £2.50 back with my pocket jacks against pocket 10s. So an overall loss of £1.50 for this session, my bankroll is currently at: £139.76. Profit since i started is: £19.76.

Not playing anymore tonight, i've had a few drinks don't want it affecting my concentration haha. See you all tomorrow!

• edited March 2013
    keep going skeg, i knew of a site that used to do a hand converter for most sites, just not titan. is titan still on the ipoker network, might be better to look for a converter on that. otherwise my head is mashed with these HH
  • edited March 2013

Just wondering what alias you playing under on Titan