You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Welcome to Area 51

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Welcome to Area 51: THE ROULETTE MACHINES IN THE BETTING SHOPS ARE R.N.G BUT YOU CANT TELL ME THEY AINT FIXED BECAUSE THEY PAY OUT ON HOW MUCH PROFIT THEY MAKE AND I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT SO FORGET THE EXCUSE ABOUT THE RNG
    We've been somewhat surprised by the popularity of discussions focused on randomness or fairness of our poker application. As stated elsehwere our software is fully independently tested (by industry-leading experts) and we're regulated by the AGCC - however maybe there's little point to going over this again. So - we thought we'd provide a dedicated area for our conspiracy theorists to get things off their chest, maybe feel better and still continue to play on our site! I'll leave you with a wee thought... Q. What does the random number generator in our poker software actually do? A. It shuffles (very effectively) 52 cards once per hand - and once only That's all really. For example - if there are 6 people seated at the table - the software shuffles the cards - then deals 2 cards per player and the three flop cards. Which players then fold, call or bet is irrelevent - the turn card is the same card that was next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example it would be the 16th card (given the numbers seated at the table before the hand was dealt). The same applies to the river card - it is the card that is next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example the river card would be the 17th card in the deck from the original shuffle. So the question is - with only one shuffle per hand  and no randomisation between the flop, turn and river cards being dealt - plus no prior knowledge (how could we?) of which players will fold - bluff, slow play etc - how do we still manage to produce all these bad beats? Answers on a postcard...
    Posted by Sky_Peter
  • edited September 2010
    YOU CAN FORGET THE EXCUSE ABOUT THE R.N.G BECAUSE THE ROULETTE MACHINES IN THE BETTING SHOPS ARE R.N.G AND DONT TELL ME IT IS RANDOM. THEY PAY OUT ON HOW MUCH PROFIT THEY MAKE AND I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT ....SO PLEASE DONT TELL ME ITS RANDOM BECAUSE THEY ARE GLORIFIED FRUIT MACHINES JUST TAKING PEOPLES MONEY UNFAIRLY......THE CARDS AND THE HANDS DEALT ON THIS SITE ARE NOT A TRUE REFLECTION OF A REAL LIVE POKER GAME 
  • edited September 2010

I wonder what it's like to genuinely believe 100% that online poker is fixed...loooooooooooool

Its like everything is happening around you, millions of people are playing and making a living from it, and you think it's impossible.....If I were in your shoes It wud drive me mad honest - I'd be in the nut house. Maybe you are and you have internet access 30 mins a day or something.

What actually goes through your mind when you think about things like this?

Do you scratch your head? lololololol

You have such a MAHOOOOOSIVE mis-understanding of the game...you rly rly rly rly rlyyyyyyyyyy do!!!

IT ISN'T A FRUIT MACHINE :)

• edited September 2010
    i wonder is these people even realise that the roulette machines are set to pay out at ~94% so over time, you cannot win
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Welcome to Area 51:
    i wonder is these people even realise that the roulette machines are set to pay out at ~94% so over time, you cannot win
    Posted by SHANXTA

ROULETTES MACHINES ARE MEANT TO BE  R.N.G .......HOW CAN YOU SET A PERCENTAGE WHEN IT IS MEANT TO BE  RANDOM..... NUMB NUTS ...NOTHING IS RANDOM ...IT IS A FRICKING COMPUTER .COMPUTERS DONT DO RANDOM .....TRY FLYING A PLANE WITH AN R.N.G IN IT YOU WONT GO VERY FAR 
  • edited September 2010
    TRY FLYING A PLANE WITH AN R.N.G IN IT YOU WONT GO VERY FAR 
    Posted by LUCAS58
    Top stuff lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Welcome to Area 51:
    We've been somewhat surprised by the popularity of discussions focused on randomness or fairness of our poker application. As stated elsehwere our software is fully independently tested (by industry-leading experts) and we're regulated by the AGCC - however maybe there's little point to going over this again. So - we thought we'd provide a dedicated area for our conspiracy theorists to get things off their chest, maybe feel better and still continue to play on our site! I'll leave you with a wee thought... Q. What does the random number generator in our poker software actually do? A. It shuffles (very effectively) 52 cards once per hand - and once only That's all really. For example - if there are 6 people seated at the table - the software shuffles the cards - then deals 2 cards per player and the three flop cards. Which players then fold, call or bet is irrelevent - the turn card is the same card that was next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example it would be the 16th card (given the numbers seated at the table before the hand was dealt). The same applies to the river card - it is the card that is next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example the river card would be the 17th card in the deck from the original shuffle. So the question is - with only one shuffle per hand  and no randomisation between the flop, turn and river cards being dealt - plus no prior knowledge (how could we?) of which players will fold - bluff, slow play etc - how do we still manage to produce all these bad beats? Answers on a postcard...
    Posted by Sky_Peter
    Nothing against you chap!
    BUT ...PROVE IT...

INVITE ME TO WITNESS THE NEXT TIME THE RNG IS TESTED!
    IF WHAT I SEE IMPRESSES ME ...ILL NEVER SPEAK OF RNG AGAIN!

HOW OFTEN IS THE RNG CHANGED...some sites do it WEEKLY!
  • edited September 2010
    I wonder what it's like to genuinely believe 100% that online poker is fixed...loooooooooooool Its like everything is happening around you, millions of people are playing and making a living from it, and you think it's impossible.....If I were in your shoes It wud drive me mad honest - I'd be in the nut house. Maybe you are and you have internet access 30 mins a day or something. What actually goes through your mind when you think about things like this? Do you scratch your head? lololololol You have such a MAHOOOOOSIVE mis-understanding of the game...you rly rly rly rly rlyyyyyyyyyy do!!! IT ISN'T A FRUIT MACHINE :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    just incase you dont understand ...ive always siad FLAWED NOT FIXED...
    And how do we know its not fixed! .....I dont ...funny how a lot of you do ....Still you all say im deluded...i think you lot are the deluded ones!
  • edited September 2010
    dont mention bad beats : (
  • edited September 2010
    Perhaps I should not be on this area as I fully agree with randomness theories, and the bad beat possibilities however improbable.
    However, if I suspect any wrong doing in my opponents play then I will have a bone to pick. In the hand played below there
    is no mathematical probability of my opponent having a less than 25/1 chance of winning the hand and therefore would be mad to call.
    Just makes me think there may be people on here who do know the cards to come??

robert1958
    Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £97.00
    Nosebleed_ Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £252.16
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

nwman32 Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £92.76
    shanks246 Raise   £11.00 £15.50 £48.50
    simonthai Fold        
    5toneFace Fold        
    robert1958 Fold        
    Nosebleed_ Fold        
    nwman32 Call   £8.00 £23.50 £84.76
    Flop

• Q
    • A
    • J

nwman32 Bet   £23.50 £47.00 £61.26
    shanks246 All-in   £48.50 £95.50 £0.00
    nwman32 Call   £25.00 £120.50 £36.26
    nwman32 Show

shanks246 Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

nwman32 Win Three 4s £118.70   £154.96
  • edited October 2010
    please dont any body tell me this site is random it is just not true 

and it aint bad beats ....its the same as every other site going ....it will give winning hands to big pots ..full stop...fecking random my r ssss.........i got KQ OFF SUIT  my oppo has got KJ OFF SUIT   ok here is flop 5c 9h Qd   ok i am all in top pair with k KICKCER  there are only 2 cards in the pack that can help him win the hand .............. now bearing in mind i am short stacked and he has big stack .....................yes u guessed ...river J  turn J .....WELL WELL FECKING WELL ... surprise surprise ...this aint just bad luck .. i have just got to final table of 769 players ... THESE ARE NOT TRUE CARDS THEY JUST MAKE THE GAMES GO QUICKER ..............any pros out there tell me i played my hand bad and i wont believe you .......fecking fixed full stop 
  • edited November 2010

I'd like to say that is the worst call i have ever seen.Sadly it is not on here.
    There is no justification in calling this. Same as 22 calling a healthy size bet when there is 4 over cards on the board i don't understand it.
    I also don't understand why it would benefit sky poker to let a donk win over anyone else

I do know this though. "Just because some one tells you this is the way they do something... doesn't always mean that is the way they do it"

That's right up there with it's true because I said it is.

If something smells wrong , looks wrong and feels wrong inevitably history has proved it is  wrong no matter how many people tell you it isn't.
    Remember the last poker site spotlessly clean,no way of being hacked, no way of anyone possibly having and advantage........

right up till they did!!!!!!! lol

conspiracy theories are only theories untill they are proved .They then become history

Oink Oink (friendly banter)   

• edited November 2010
    i see were on this i have big pocket cards i should win the hand and look i just hit 2 pairs on the flop so now ill shove because i cant lose the hand again. makes me laugh .
    i was in the cascino the othere night saw a guy with kk in his hand and kk on the table woo this guy going to win the hand no possible way he was thinking he could lose so he pushed £5.000 in the pot with a big smile on his face. opps here comes the call from the other guy  down comes the turn and then the river oops its an A turn an A river no problem the guy thinks i have 4 kings oppsss again the other guy show his pocket AA so you see there is only one hand in poker that realy say you cant lose and thats the royal flush so unless your dealt it you can lose
  • edited December 2010
    WHAT A LOAD OV TRING 2 WIN US OVER SKY ITS ALL ACTION FLOPS ALL THE TIME
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by Sky_Peter
  • edited February 2011
    i have not played long on sky and i do know how a rng works the thing i do not understand and i have checked this from my history when a weaker hand goes allin with cards still to come the weaker hand allways wins as i,ve said i have checked my history and it,s happened everytime barr once infacted i played 2 sit and go,s tonight    1st hand I have Kd Qd i raise pre flop and get 1 caller flop Kc Qs 5s I raise and the caller goes allin I call the caller has Ks 10s  4s come out in the river  2nd hand heads up with a player who is going allin with every hand after about 7 allin,s Idecided to call with pocket kings my apponent turns up 6 2 off suit and i now i,m beat sure enough flop comes out 662 as i,ve said this is not a one off this has happens to me all but once   I don,t think its a conspiracy but i do think it,s the way the software is written has anyone else noticed this
    Posted by RAINTOWN
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by Sky_Peter
    yeah you will tell us anything
  • edited February 2011
    Good evening all. I have been playing poker for some while now. Played conventional, loose tight etc. I joined sky poker site earlier in the week as i was fed up with the stupid aggrssive play with garvage which one finds at Full Tilt and Jokerstars. I must say i had a gr8 time on Wednesday and Thursday and got ino the money and points a couple of times. The standard of play was excellent, yes! some people were being creative and no doubt some good bluffs took place however i can honestly say that on the occasions i got to see their hands in the showdown their betting strategy made sense. Ok , So far, so good, so now i am looking forward to playing on Friday night and can honestly say that I cam across the bigest bunch of clowns who have no idea how to play poker. Bad beats usually occur when idiots play stupidly and catch lucky so i guess I am going to put it down to egos alcohol and week end idiots who just can't fold. Let me share with you one example.. I am in a £5 Bountyhunter with about 12k chips... Under the gun bets 100 (min Bet) and the next guy shoves for 2500, fair enopugh! so i am now looking at my hand at a strong pair QQ so I do what any normal person would do and go all in to isolate. Low and behold, the guy who limped calls off 6000 chips and I am thinking to myself, Jeez, did i realy walk into AA and what has he got KQ! Now this has to be the most idiotic stupid decision in the world especially as he is in for 100 and about to lose 6000 and his competition. So the guy gets lucky and hits his King. Durng ths game i then prceeded to watch half a dozen people shove to a shove and a re shove with KQ as if KQ is the new AA. 20 minutes later i watched a guy call  a 3 bet off last in line for 9000 (his whole stack) with K4 It is this stupid play, especially when it gets paid off which makes the good players want to run a mile. In my opinion there are genuine bad beat stories and then there is the idiotic play for no rational reason which gets paid off. So my thoughts are as follows:- Seems to me the alcohol fuelled idiots with ego's the size of a galaxy and emotionally can't cope with the "all in" turn up on Friday nights. They must think its personal so they see red and hit the call button with 7 4 clubs and hit the straight flush leaving the real players with the KK AK AA out in the cold. I don't think i will be playing on this site much at the week ends. To be honest i dont mind being beated by 7 2 if the play was executed well and not just some gormless numpty's all in shove pre flop for 10,000 chips and no logic or rational. So if anyone reads this please let me know if you also believe that a lower  standard of numpty plays at the week end or is it my imagination.. Thank you and have fun
    Posted by Magicalman
    i agree with you magicalman something doesnt add up on this site the cards are not random enough
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Welcome to Area 51 : As above really, don't see any point.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    its like if you have 33 44 55 66 77 on often do they come out on flop never
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Welcome to Area 51 : its like if you have 33 44 55 66 77 on often do they come out on flop never
    Posted by pauloambo
    another thing why move us to area 51 why not leave us on general discussion makes u thinkmmmm??
  • edited February 2011
  • edited April 2011
    Perhaps I should not be on this area as I fully agree with randomness theories, and the bad beat possibilities however improbable. However, if I suspect any wrong doing in my opponents play then I will have a bone to pick. In the hand played below there is no mathematical probability of my opponent having a less than 25/1 chance of winning the hand and therefore would be mad to call. Just makes me think there may be people on here who do know the cards to come?? robert1958 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £97.00 Nosebleed_ Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £252.16   Your hole cards A Q       nwman32 Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £92.76 shanks246 Raise   £11.00 £15.50 £48.50 simonthai Fold         5toneFace Fold         robert1958 Fold         Nosebleed_ Fold         nwman32 Call   £8.00 £23.50 £84.76 Flop     Q A J       nwman32 Bet   £23.50 £47.00 £61.26 shanks246 All-in   £48.50 £95.50 £0.00 nwman32 Call   £25.00 £120.50 £36.26 nwman32 Show 3 4       shanks246 Show A Q       Turn     4       River     4       nwman32 Win Three 4s £118.70   £154.96
    Posted by shanks246
    that would put me on full fullll tilt
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Welcome to Area 51 : that would put me on full fullll tilt
    Posted by drumahai05
    i checked the guy out it explained everything he's a new player on sky!!!
  • edited April 2011
    iam gettin really frustrated now in the last 3 big tourneys ive entered on this site ive sat back an waited 4 my hand only to be knocked out by 6,2 ace queen(i had pocket aces)and k,9 i had ace king so ive started to play reckless like everybody else and surprise surprise i go allin with kq(pretty poor hand) and i get called by ace 8(also poor hand)and the flop was 223 the turn was 6 and finally the river was 10 so what id like to know is what am i supposed 2 do oh yes and with sky reducing the prize pools but buy in prices staying the same i cant see me being around on this site for much longer oh yes last thing in the 5000 rebuy there was over 200 people in the tournoment which is the 1 i got knocked out by 6,2 i finished 37th an won a massive 35 poker points so 4 hours worth ov poker a buyin of 11 and a rebuy ov 11 i won the chance to win £12.50 in a freeroll its absolutly sickening iam at my wits end with it
  • edited August 2011
    Sky isnt fixed as many people think, sky must have some of the worst poker players on any site, which result in alot of bad beats , making them believe its fixed, and whats this i hear that english players are approaching the americans ? are u f***king kidding me, take a look at the sky tables in play, you players are the worst players i have ever seen, (although you have a good bunch at the higher limits) but thats it! you will also never be as big as any of the other sites as you are clearly trying to do , stick to what you do best and keep rewarding bad players for bad plays!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Tell me how i can play double your money game, dont have a hand to bet on the whole game , go out on blind with kq and get beat by 7-2 with 4 diamonds out he wins with 2 diamonds me with 2 pair showing,  all it is because i cashed some money out, been thrashed on every game i played, beaten 4 kinds, full houses, flushes etc, mostley on the river !!!! fixed?????? yes !!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    i beleave its called flagging and if it cant be done why is internet poker baned in the us also what about the sopposed radom table balencing no metion of that ' this is one of the better sites but somthink stinks on allof them
  • edited November 2011
    surly not burnig a card alters the game play so if u dont burn a card then we are not playing the same game they play on tv say in the wtp with pro dealers are you saying these dealers are corupt the rules we all play by must be used at all times so burn cards must be used in the random number generator as this dose not seem to be the case how can yoour so called respected independent adudicators or whatever they are called have missed this ?????