You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Welcome to Area 51

124»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    you dont see so many bad beats on high stakes tables.most people are willing to take a chance when playing for small stakes.
  • edited November 2011
    Followed a few players that do this day in day out without loosing time or concentration.  Educate me.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Welcome to Area 51:
    We've been somewhat surprised by the popularity of discussions focused on randomness or fairness of our poker application. As stated elsehwere our software is fully independently tested (by industry-leading experts) and we're regulated by the AGCC - however maybe there's little point to going over this again. So - we thought we'd provide a dedicated area for our conspiracy theorists to get things off their chest, maybe feel better and still continue to play on our site! I'll leave you with a wee thought... Q. What does the random number generator in our poker software actually do? A. It shuffles (very effectively) 52 cards once per hand - and once only That's all really. For example - if there are 6 people seated at the table - the software shuffles the cards - then deals 2 cards per player and the three flop cards. Which players then fold, call or bet is irrelevent - the turn card is the same card that was next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example it would be the 16th card (given the numbers seated at the table before the hand was dealt). The same applies to the river card - it is the card that is next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example the river card would be the 17th card in the deck from the original shuffle. So the question is - with only one shuffle per hand  and no randomisation between the flop, turn and river cards being dealt - plus no prior knowledge (how could we?) of which players will fold - bluff, slow play etc - how do we still manage to produce all these bad beats? Answers on a postcard...
    Posted by Sky_Peter
    Ahh, i see, And then there was light!
    I think you are forgetting a thing or two or three or four ect ect ect!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Welcome to Area 51:  

The so called random card selecter wants sorting out !!!

no picture cards out at all 6 hands off the trot !! thats 30 cards !!! no pictures in the middle.

at least 3 cards of the same suit out nearly every hand !!

everybidy with any 2 suited cards go even on a raise because there is a 50% chance of a flush every hand.

I had AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, AK, JQ, AK, RAISED EVERY TIME, BEATEN BY LOW PAIRS COZ NO PICTURES OUT, USUALLY BY LOW 2 SUITED CARDS, GOING FOR THE FLUSH !!!

Try dealing 100 hands from a normal deck of cards and you will NEVER get the same rubbish as dealt on this joke of a site !!

This site does not reflect proper poker and favours the least decent hands.

Complete joke !!!
    We've been somewhat surprised by the popularity of discussions focused on randomness or fairness of our poker application. As stated elsehwere our software is fully independently tested (by industry-leading experts) and we're regulated by the AGCC - however maybe there's little point to going over this again. So - we thought we'd provide a dedicated area for our conspiracy theorists to get things off their chest, maybe feel better and still continue to play on our site! I'll leave you with a wee thought... Q. What does the random number generator in our poker software actually do? A. It shuffles (very effectively) 52 cards once per hand - and once only That's all really. For example - if there are 6 people seated at the table - the software shuffles the cards - then deals 2 cards per player and the three flop cards. Which players then fold, call or bet is irrelevent - the turn card is the same card that was next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example it would be the 16th card (given the numbers seated at the table before the hand was dealt). The same applies to the river card - it is the card that is next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example the river card would be the 17th card in the deck from the original shuffle. So the question is - with only one shuffle per hand  and no randomisation between the flop, turn and river cards being dealt - plus no prior knowledge (how could we?) of which players will fold - bluff, slow play etc - how do we still manage to produce all these bad beats? Answers on a postcard...
    Posted by Sky_Peter
  • edited February 2012
    Hi Guys,

I've just started playing here and,although the client is a little clunky like most things once you get used to it everything is fine,I've had my share of bad beats but on the whole it's all gravy...mind you I wear a Tinfoil hat while playing!