You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary)

Comments

• edited December 2013
    in husng's i dont expect people to wait for me and i dont wait for them.

if i know them or they are generally friendly in chat and especially in the deeper / slower formats i'll offer to reset stacks.

in an MTT i would wait a few hands and if they came back in a reasonable time would prob reset stacks. unless they were rude to people in chat...
  • edited December 2013
    It's one of those situations that gets talked about a lot.
    I think it was TommyD who said he would run his time bar down repeatedly and not steal the blinds.
    I wish I was that nice. 
    In the Dyms it's a regular occurrence that there is a an 'away' guy when you get to the bubble. Obviously you don't put anything in the chatbox but normally the 3 remaining ensure that they come out as the victors.
  • edited December 2013
    Played a fair bit of cash today.

£2 down across two tables.  I was £100 up then a couple of silly errors and I was back down to -£50.  Swing swong.  Overbet shoved river with JJ on a 10 high board and got called by a pair of twos.  Shows how much credit I get given these days but it was nice to have a break even session i suppose.  £25 of Poker Rewards came in so im treating it as a winning day ;).

Already reached 4k points for £60 this month which shows how much more ive played this week than I did the entirety of last month.  Think I could possibly reach priority this month but have serious doubts about this.  I cant see myself playing too much around Christmas.  I love taking a break from everything, enjoying company with family and friends, eating lots of food and drinking maybe slightly too much.  My sister is coming back from NZ this christmas, and a mate is coming back from USA too, so it bodes to be a good Christmas especially with my extra disposable income I have compared to last year.

Hopefully going out and playing some pool tonight with a few mates and having a few pints.  I need them.  So think thats me done for the week.
  • edited December 2013
    Sure! Uh hum plagiarism of titles
  • edited December 2013
    We need more diaries "the ramblings of a<fill in the blank> man"
  • edited December 2013
    Went out last night and tonight with my mates.  Bit of pool and a fair few drinks around a couple of pubs last night and a chilled one in watching one of my mates play football on tv (he was in the national final at college level in USA).

Came home this evening around midnight and decided to reg for 3 tournaments.  The 11:30 £750 BH... the midnight £250 freezeout and the 12:30 £400 BH.

Not sure I can be bothered to give a full run down on the tournaments at the minute.  Its quite late.  Bottom line is that I crashed out the midnight tournament relatively early, I min cashed in the 12:30 and I finished 2nd in the 11:30 tournament for another win of over £100.

Couldnt get anything going heads up.  I was 2:1 dog and I couldnt shift him off any sort of hand post flop... all when I couldnt hit a bloomin thing.  All went in A9 v AQ in the end.  Wasn't too upset.  Sometimes there isnt a whole lot you can do HU... you cant hit anything while the villain runs golden.  How it goes...

Came off the tournaments and decided to play a bit of cash.  Played two nl50 tables and managed to finish £130 in the black.  Good night all in all :)

BR up past the £2k mark again.  About +£1100 in about a week so pretty happy!  Don't know whether I should withdraw back down to £1k and have a bloody good christmas or keep it in?!

Such a nice position to be in.  In all honesty there has been a fair few times in this diary where I didn't imagine I could possibly be in this position - just look at the first couple of pages of my diary to see why.  I considered sacking it in more than once. 

Man i'm glad I didn't.
  • edited December 2013
    Definatly take some out for Christmas, a good few hundred, if not 1k and enjoy!

Well done on a fantastic week.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary):
    About +£1100 in about a week so pretty happy!  Don't know whether I should withdraw back down to £1k and have a bloody good christmas or keep it in?! Such a nice position to be in.  In all honesty there has been a fair few times in this diary where I didn't imagine I could possibly be in this position - just look at the first couple of pages of my diary to see why.  I considered sacking it in more than once.  Man i'm glad I didn't.
    Posted by gazza127
    Good stuff G man.

Would you say you're doing these kind of numbers consistently, or are you in a rich vein of form at the minute? And would you consider going pro?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary) : Good stuff G man. Would you say you're doing these kind of numbers consistently, or are you in a rich vein of form at the minute? And would you consider going pro?
    Posted by PokerNoon
    Im not usually at these numbers no... but ive played A LOT more cash already this month than i did the entirety of last month (or even longer).  I think ive finally sussed it to a certain degree and i seem to be able to grind out winning sessions more often than not.

Tournaments have almost always been steady for me, although from May to September this year I had a rocky patch.  You can see since then things have picked up on SS.

So yeah,  the profit recently has been more than im used to but i think part of that is due to volume... not just playing/running well.

Would I consider going pro?  No.  Can't see this ever happening and not sure id want it to.  Dont like the idea of paying bills through poker.  If I can bink a few nice scores on the side of my current job then I can have the best of both worlds.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary) : Im not usually at these numbers no... but ive played A LOT more cash already this month than i did the entirety of last month (or even longer).  I think ive finally sussed it to a certain degree and i seem to be able to grind out winning sessions more often than not. Tournaments have almost always been steady for me, although from May to September this year I had a rocky patch.  You can see since then things have picked up on SS. So yeah,  the profit recently has been more than im used to but i think part of that is due to volume... not just playing/running well. Would I consider going pro?  No.  Can't see this ever happening and not sure id want it to.  Dont like the idea of paying bills through poker.  If I can bink a few nice scores on the side of my current job then I can have the best of both worlds.
    Posted by gazza127
    Fair play. Did you have a 'lightbulb moment' with regards to cash or was it just that you suddenly found one day you could do it consistently?

Certainly I find a lot of skills are like this. When I learned to play guitar I spent about 9 months struggling with the pain of trying to play barre chords..then one day I woke up and they were suddenly easy. No idea how or why this happens.
  • edited December 2013
    If you don't need to withdraw, keep it in. Gives you a nice cushion if you hit a rough spell. 
  • edited December 2013
    I hope you didn't miss yourself on tv this time!

They finally played your hand that you've been asking for. Very interesting it was too!
  • edited December 2013
    I hope you didn't miss yourself on tv this time! They finally played your hand that you've been asking for. Very interesting it was too!
    Posted by PokerNoon
    Yeah I saw it.  Glad I didnt look like a complete fish.

Notes FTW!
  • edited December 2013
    Sickkkkk hand ! 

Credit to you both.

What more did he have to do to win that pot??? Aside from folding to the shove he couldn't have played it any better even if he could see your hand!

Ivey v Jac all over again! ;)

Classic 861 hand.

vvvvv wp!
  • edited December 2013
    gazza you sick sick man.

beast of a hand that.
  • edited December 2013
    Sickkkkk hand !  Credit to you both. What more did he have to do to win that pot??? Aside from folding to the shove he couldn't have played it any better even if he could see your hand! Ivey v Jac all over again! ;) Classic 861 hand. vvvvv wp!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just looked like 2 fish clicking buttons to me, but each to their own I suppose ;)
  • edited December 2013
    Darn it I missed it, what was the hand?
  • edited December 2013
    Sickkkkk hand !  Credit to you both. What more did he have to do to win that pot??? Aside from folding to the shove he couldn't have played it any better even if he could see your hand! Ivey v Jac all over again! ;) Classic 861 hand. vvvvv wp!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah
    I should have shoved first :)
  • edited December 2013
    Haha.  Thanks guys.

You can see why I wanted the hand shown on tv now!  You make notes on players and after playing him for a while,  when the hand played out as it did I had to trust that my reads were right and go with it!

One for the scrapbook for sure :)
  • edited December 2013
    Ivanovic... it was the hand from 2 pages back.  The 7 bet shove with K9s.

Turns out he had K9 too!
  • edited December 2013
    Haha.  Thanks guys. You can see why I wanted the hand shown on tv now!  You make notes on players and after playing him for a while,  when the hand played out as it did I had to trust that my reads were right and go with it! One for the scrapbook for sure :)
    Posted by gazza127
    great hand. my first post on here (i think)....just migrated from other sites to play more on sky, only played a little to date.

would be interested to know your notes on this player...MIKEY is a good friend of mine from same town, he is a well known player in Ireland and was a big winner on various other sites before switching to sky this year. I must ask him about that hand as he probably would not watch skypoker tv or be on the forum.

hope to contribute to the forum and community and looking forward to playing on sky a lot from new year....prob start at 20nl and odd tourney, see you at the tables folks!
  • edited December 2013
    Was a really good hand.

I think you both played it really well, luckily you were able to fire the decisive shot. You seemed to both know exactly where you were in the hand, but you were able to pull the final trigger.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary) : great hand. my first post on here (i think)....just migrated from other sites to play more on sky, only played a little to date. would be interested to know your notes on this player...MIKEY is a good friend of mine from same town, he is a well known player in Ireland and was a big winner on various other sites before switching to sky this year. I must ask him about that hand as he probably would not watch skypoker tv or be on the forum. hope to contribute to the forum and community and looking forward to playing on sky a lot from new year....prob start at 20nl and odd tourney, see you at the tables folks!
    Posted by deadeyed

Welcome to the community!  Honoured that your first post is on my thread ;)

Notes on the player?  I had a fair few but dont really want to spill them all out on a public forum.  Lets just say the words 'serial trapper' and 'passive'  are mentioned so things get really suspiscious when he starts shovelling money in!  A lot of history before also played a big part in the hand.  

Would love to know what he thought of the hand.  I had to show the bluff after... if only just to annoy him and maybe get paid in a hand i shouldnt get paid in later on ;).

Good luck with moving over to sky.  Im sure i'll see you on the tables.
  • edited December 2013
    Things to report:

Played Primo.
    Didn't win Primo.

Played BH today.
    Didn't win BH.
    BUT came 2nd for about £80.

Heads up was kind of decided by a 77v88 hand which swung the chip lead around in his favour.

Got told today in the BH that I didn't have the balls to bluff shove a river.

Must.Try.Harder.
  • edited December 2013
    Nice to see you back to winning ways.

Poker is a bit like that, swingy!

I would say don't withdraw and keep going, just be aware that your playing at levels that can be very swingy for big lumps of cash.

enjoy

• edited December 2013
    Nice to see you back to winning ways. Poker is a bit like that, swingy!  I would say don't withdraw and keep going, just be aware that your playing at levels that can be very swingy for big lumps of cash. enjoy
    Posted by rancid

Cheers mate.  Its one of those things - keep it all in and ride variance a bit better when it goes the other way  orrrrr withdraw another 1k (2k in total for a couple of weeks) and use it to travel over to NZ in the Summer.

Ohhhhh how id love to go to NZ.
  • edited December 2013
    If you really want to do it then do it, life is more important than poker.

good luck

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary) : Cheers mate.  Its one of those things - keep it all in and ride variance a bit better when it goes the other way  orrrrr withdraw another 1k (2k in total for a couple of weeks) and use it to travel over to NZ in the Summer. Ohhhhh how id love to go to NZ.
    Posted by gazza127
    I only said don't withdraw as you didn't mention any plans! If you want to go to NZ (the most beautiful country I've ever been to) then let poker pay for it and get withdrawing!

And if you need a cheap flight sourcing....
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The ramblings of a young man (gazza127 diary) : I only said don't withdraw as you didn't mention any plans! If you want to go to NZ (the most beautiful country I've ever been to) then let poker pay for it and get withdrawing! And if you need a cheap flight sourcing....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Oh go on then.  Hit me with some figures from London to Auckland at almost any time next year.  I'm planning to go for near enough 3 weeks.  18-21 days probably... hoping not to get much, if any overlap on the World Cup.

PM me if you find anything decent :)
  • edited December 2013

Well yesterday was poor MTT-wise.

I started well in the main picking up two bounties early doors but couldnt capitalise on my early progress to make a min cash.  Got down to about 11bb and shoved A8 v Q10 bvb to get knocked out.

Regged for both £55 BHs... played rubbish in both and didnt pick up anything from either tournament.

So naturally I go and sit on the cash tables.  I had managed to reclaim the BI's from the nights MTTs fairly quickly.  Its amazing what people will call you with when they don't believe you.  Really feel like im playing my best poker on the cash tables at the minute.  Either that or im running golden, but I haven't really taken a flip and seem to get paid in a lot of places where I shouldnt.  I think im just picking the right spots and I have definitely got the right table image.  Yes I can lose a BI running a bluff... but if I get 2 back through people seeing this and not believing me in the next big pot its surely not a bad thing.

Night was topped off by the following hand:

bedders007 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £90.90
    gazza127 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £182.74
      Your hole cards
    • J

bedders007 Raise  £3.50 £5.00 £87.40
    gazza127 Call  £3.00 £8.00 £179.74
    Flop

• J
    • J

gazza127 Check     
    bedders007 Bet  £8.00 £16.00 £79.40
    gazza127 Call  £8.00 £24.00 £171.74
    Turn

gazza127 Check     
    bedders007 Check     
    River

• J

gazza127 All-in  £171.74 £195.74 £0.00
    bedders007 All-in  £79.40 £275.14 £0.00
    gazza127 Unmatched bet  £92.34 £182.80 £92.34
    bedders007 Show
    • A

gazza127 Show
    • J

gazza127 Win Four Jacks £181.80  £274.14

So out of a -£150ish day on the MTT tables,  I somehow pulled through a £100 profit overall.