You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another rake race - seriously?

124»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Another rake race - seriously?:
    In Response to Re: Another rake race - seriously? : No, but I have to play all lower stakes tables late at night and early in the mornings to enable me to keep 16-20 tables going. I can't make a living playing 4nl. We can agree to disagree about the tables being tougher.  I'm on most of them so theres one bad player that only plays AA and KK so just steal my blinds everytime.  You'll make a fortune doing that for 16 hours a day ;-). I'm pleased you can see where I'm coming from, losing rake and then having promo's that don't benefit the higher raking players wouldn't exactly be fair.   Sky should run the promo fortnightly and then there wouldn't be all this debate.  It obvisouly makes them alot of money! GL at the tables buddy!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Would not have a problem with that as long as the extra rake paid by the participants covers the prizes and is not subsidised by the thousand not taking part.
    Then they could stop calling it promo that everyone can take part in and that will attract new players and just call it a reward.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Another rake race - seriously? : easy dollars i wish and when you back at the tables mate you enjoying wimbledon? not tried to qualify for notts yet was going to give it a go this week and yeah bringing 2 buckets will be a long wkend again lol
    Posted by liamboi11

It was abit dissapointing to be honest.  Queued for hours yesterday and then got to see 45 mins play.

I might play a few qualifiers tonight, see if I can lock up a Notts seat.  Will have to get back to the tables asap, London and esp Wimbledon ain't cheap!

• edited June 2013
    Hopefully the 20nl tables will be nice and soft next week then, dtm has outplayed me heads up whilst 12+ tabling and if he only plays premiums in 6max he must get them every 3-4 hands especially with how many pots i played with him during the promo lol There are a few super nitty players, but that style is succesful for them at 10nl so can't really blame them.
  • edited June 2013
    Donttelmum do you not see the long term loss of this. 

You lose £200 rakeback i understand that, but surely by having these wors eplayers getting that £200 you make that back on winrate. 

I really don't blame you for taking advantage of the promotion, i have no quarrels against that. But the promotion itself is flawed. 

If you disagree, then why has no MAJOR site done a rake race. Simple long term. Other sites are doing segregation just to keep recreational players in the game. Its not astro physics to work out that poker sites need 2 kind of people. 

1. Regulars like yourself to make the site money

2. Weaker players, like those who will not play NL4 during this promotion to feed the regular players. 
  • edited June 2013
    Also can i add i have no quarrels with the ones where you play 2 tiers, crush both and win. Those promos are fine as regs dont all drop to NL4. 

But this one im sure you, and many others (rightfully given set up) will drop to NL4. 

I like sky, i would like sky to become a major site, but seriously killing the food chain is a hinderance. 
  • edited June 2013
    Donttelmum do you not see the long term loss of this.  You lose £200 rakeback i understand that, but surely by having these wors eplayers getting that £200 you make that back on winrate.  I really don't blame you for taking advantage of the promotion, i have no quarrels against that. But the promotion itself is flawed.  If you disagree, then why has no MAJOR site done a rake race. Simple long term. Other sites are doing segregation just to keep recreational players in the game. Its not astro physics to work out that poker sites need 2 kind of people.  1. Regulars like yourself to make the site money 2. Weaker players, like those who will not play NL4 during this promotion to feed the regular players. 
    Posted by The_Don90

July Exclusive Races
    RedKings$5k + $10k*
    William Hill$10,000
    Betsson€10,000*
    Boylepoker$7,500
    Stan James$6,000
    Betfair$5,000
    MyBet$5,000
    Bet365$5,000
    Gala Poker$5,000
    PAF$5,000
    Redbet€4,000
    PKR$3,000
    Betfred$3,000
    Terminal Poker€1,500
    PokerHeaven$5,000*
    Betsafe$4

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Another rake race - seriously? : Nooooo, cause you only wait for premium hands lol
    Posted by LARSON7

So? If his game is making him money then why would he change it? An why do you care? This s Skypoker, play tight win...SIMPLE.

My fella came (who was on here briefly) recently won a car in online poker (although they sent us a rather large cheque for the value of the car, not the actual car) after that win he got a lot of hassle for being tight. Well its his money, he earned it, he can be as tight as he wants with it.
  • edited June 2013
    Don't blame the player, blame the site !

DTM by default plays a lot of tables, so by default when they run a promo he plays more tables and so does everyone else taking part.

If Sky did not encourage people to fold than DTM  & co would not drop down

• edited June 2013
    I haven't read this thread, can't be bothered and I pay no attention to promotions, however I wanted to make a quick point, sorry if it's already been said;

Essentially the Cash League is back. The only difference is that it's now being played out over shorter time periods rather than a full calendar month.

Maybe ditching the leagues wasn't such a good idea after all. I remember the days when (hilariously) there were Russian Roulette grinders playing a huge volume to win the STT league. They're all long gone now.
  • edited June 2013
    Don't blame the player, blame the site !
    Posted by rancid
    EXACTLY THIS!!

Donttelmum do you notice that most of those sites are park of networks and not stand alone sites right? 

Do you also notice that the big 3 are missing from that list?
  • edited June 2013
    of course the big 3 are missing they have massive customer bases already sky do not

i have no opinion on whether it is right or not but comparing skys promos with the big 3's is laughable

• edited June 2013
    like comparing with respect to sky a small chain of shops with tesco or walmart
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Another rake race - seriously? : July Exclusive Races RedKings$5k + $10k* William Hill$10,000 Betsson€10,000* Boylepoker$7,500 Stan James$6,000 Betfair$5,000 MyBet$5,000 Bet365$5,000 Gala Poker$5,000 PAF$5,000 Redbet€4,000 PKR$3,000 Betfred$3,000 Terminal Poker€1,500 PokerHeaven$5,000* Betsafe$4
    Posted by Donttelmum
    What is that list supposed to show?
  • edited June 2013
    Have competition tables for those who want to take part and non competition tables for your regs who dont want to be part of the rake fest.
    then your top twenty can happily take down the promotion and recreational players can enjoy their poker.
  • edited June 2013
    I still think there's room somehow for them tables Dohhh suggested ages ago (Sky would have to do the maths) where you pay less rake but don't earn any C4P.

Also, cash games with antes, that'll get people folding less (or screwing over their winrate)   :)
  • edited June 2013
    of course the big 3 are missing they have massive customer bases already sky do not i have no opinion on whether it is right or not but comparing skys promos with the big 3's is laughable
    Posted by bugaloo

How is it? 

They have a bigger player base - yes, so payouts wil be smaller, but they have earnt that bigger player base. 

There is a reason why these big 3 aren';t doing rake races. 
  • edited June 2013
    I still think there's room somehow for them tables Dohhh suggested ages ago (Sky would have to do the maths) where you pay less rake but don't earn any C4P. Also, cash games with antes, that'll get people folding less (or screwing over their winrate)   :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Very good point! +1
  • edited June 2013
    would love deep cash tables with antes +1 to this
  • edited July 2013