You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE 38 TIMER

edited September 2013 in Betting Chat
I'll be up for this

Comments

• edited October 2013
    ENTRANT       STREAK        SELECTIONS     STAKE     ODDS      RETURNS 

BELL POKER       

MS-TREE         0               BURTON             £1          6/5         LOSE

SPLASHIES    
                    1          WOLVES           £1       10/11     £1.91              

SHUV             0             SHREWS OVER 2.5       £1               5/6                LOSE
                        4               BRENTFORD        £12.68       8/15           LOSE
                        4               PBORO              £15.98       8/13           LOSE

MKGUNNER               
                        3                CHARLTON +1       £6.34   1/3             LOSE

FLASHFLUSH      
                          3              COLCHESTER     £4.11       1.83          LOSE

JOHNCONNOR   2              MAN UTD            £1.80        1/5           £2.16      
                          2              BLACKPOOL       £1.25        8/11          £2.16      
                          1               PETERHEAD        £1.25        8/13         LOSE 

TINTIN           4              BRENTFORD       £6.48         4/9            LOSE
                        0               QOS                  £1            4/7            LOSE           
                         1              MAN CITY  -1       £1           1/2            £1.50  

DOHHHHHHHH  1                 SPURS                  £2.30               6/4         LOSE
                          8             MAN UNITED     £38.19         3/10        LOSE

JDSALLSTAR           
                          3               SOUTHAMPTON  £3.25        1.67         LOSE

VAIGRET          2            ASTON VILLA      £4.80         11/10            LOSE
                          0            STOKE                £1               5/1              LOSE
                          0            CHELSEA             £1              13/10             LOSE

BOLESAA         1                MAN CITY            £1.73               8/13                   LOSE

hopefully some of you will be interested in this and it can run for bragging rights. the only concern is that it wont run for long!!! 

a 38 or more result acca would surely be life changing for us all. but what if it was spaced out over the period of an entire season? if you start out with a modest £1 stake and simply back one team on the opening weekend. then continue every weekend with all monies retunred, including stakes, and so on 

whether or not we will get far will depend on varying factors , obvioulsy getting the results correct is an important one (!) but then we dig deeper and if your up to say a grand profit, do you really want to be piling it on arsenal at 1/3 v hull or would you ratrher declare yourself out and pocket the profit. 

im going to keep all english and Scottish football leagues on side for the pursposes of this comp

one selection each weekend only . fa cup will be included if applicable. international weekends take a break if not sufficient fixture lists for remaining football league games . 

hopefully some will join in challenge and can post your weekend prediction here. 

good luck 

• edited July 2013
    Great idea
    Would do it myself but dont have discipline
    Will read with interest to see how you get on
    glglglgl
  • edited July 2013
    Should be a good thread this. Might give it a go.
  • edited July 2013
    in please,

my mate a few years ago done this, but staked every week that man utd would win league/f.a cup/champions league,  he would stake £10 on this every week from start of season (prices did change week on week).  so in that winning 1999 season when all 3 came in, he won BIG!!!!   he stills does the same bet now every week.
  • edited July 2013
    I remember some1 suggesting this before, a few started but not many got that far. Can't remember their name, I think it was a girl! 
  • edited July 2013
    all are in!!! 

good to see all are interested , thanks for the gl jackda - ill add you in the table for a 'play money pound' if you just want to predict on here. splashies - believe me - it wont get interesting on my behalf at least until / if there ever is (delete as appropriate) a week 15 or 16. thanks ms tree and shuv, just stick your selection on this thread whenever your ready, no time limits etc , just preferably before the KO of your chosen game!!!!! cough 

reason is ive thought about it and pre empted prices etc, if i was doing 6/4's every week i wouldnt be able to get any more bets on after about 20 weeks as id be in the million zone, so therefore, by sounding a right bore, it's going to be odds on central! or a hypocrite as it was the rock said hed do somethiing vaguely similar if memory serves and i gave off to him for changing the format after 5 minutes and maybe a bit of needle about backing odds on shots in it hahahahaha!!! if you were to do 1/4 shots each and every weekend of the football league season off a £1 stake then the returns come gome final weekend (ive it down as 38, incl fa cup etc this might be the mark, and no im not sticking the heap on the fa cup final!!) approx 18k which would be pretty darn tasty. i think i would bottle it at around that mark anyway but , and in sky land written communication is binding and legal, I PROMISE to keep all monies won rolling right up until the last weekend of the Premiership!!

its gonna take 10 weeks to get to about 15 quid but its just the buzz of going on a long run with winning single selections mounting up to a long term acca. 

for those wanting some action any bet is fair game as well, incl BTTS etc and the handicap market will be used very frequently in my betting as a nice security blanket. if i or anyone else fall flat on our faces to begin with, we'll go into hiding very briefly, then dust ourselves off and take any abuse coming, and start over. 

ill do a father v style table if theres enough interest to see who gets the longest run/most profit. doubt therell be prizes, but bragging rights and whatever (if anything) we win will hopefully be prize enough. 

good luck all and post any football bet for this coming weekend, anyone can pop in throughout season if taking a notion to start and ill add them onto a table alot more scrappy and disjointed than that ull be used to in the naps comps but a table nontheless

ps rocky hope all is forgiven  ; )  !!! 

• edited July 2013
    and with the price of a loaf these days, at risk of the kids not eating,  my pound (hopefully the only one) goes on drum roll please

CHELTENHAM + 1 GOAL    1/4  

grrrrrroooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr feel like last of the big spenders!!! i think ive already scudded myself as i usually lose enough over the Cheltenham racing festival, but hopefully their football team can be kinder. 

beat burton at home last year 1-0, good home record compared to Burton's poor away last year and probs the toughest week the one you kick off on as you dont know how much improvements been amde by sides or what fitness is like. of course no odds on are certs but im hopeful (gulp) of at least making it to week 2

i could have of course taken them without the goal start at 11/10 but i am a chicken 
  • edited July 2013
    great idea i'm in but i'll wait until the PL gets going before I start.

I'll definitely be one to chicken out if I go on a winning streak lol oh and I can predict now it'll be utd who stuffs me!
  • edited July 2013
    In please, this looks awesome.
  • edited July 2013
    How about if people want to you could do 3 seperate goes at it. So starting off with 3x £1 bets, each 1 a different match, that way there is a good chance someone could go really deep and at the end of the day it's still only cost £3...? I just think if someone fails after about 8 or 9 games, they may not bother starting a new 1.
  • edited July 2013
    yeah the suggestion about having 3 gos sounds perfect i reckon. if all are happy say yay or nay. 

JD, father and John, all are welcome and all are in 
  • edited July 2013
    lol thanks for your yay. just people post up how many selections theyre happy with personally. giving extra ammo is a good idea flash i was thinking along the same lines but didnt wanna shift goalposts too much but yeah start as we mean to go on. how nice would it be to have 3 live into last weekend!!!??? bit of home draw and away springs to mind! perhaps silly option hedging on the last day but it has its merits wel lwait with baited breath and see if anyone gets so close 
  • edited July 2013
    my other 2 selections are              WATFORD + 1    2/5

and      

GILLINGHAM + 1   2/7           

bigger safety blanket but still very much a chicken  : o                
  • edited July 2013
    in please bell
  • edited July 2013
    i am having difficulty doing up a table so if it looks a little disjointed im editing it!! god help my new employers im beginning with this Friday, 'fully computer literate' my eye!!!  welcome aboard mkgunner 
  • edited July 2013
    that looks slightly better. it aint up to your beautiful excel tables Father but an honest score out of 10 please! 7? serves its purpose i guess! 

ill update weekly to show correct running sequences, so for the likes of JD who want to begin start of Prem season that's perfectly fine. same for anyone wanting to join throughout the season , preferably before week 15 or so and give yourself a chance of going on a decent run!

good luck 
  • edited July 2013
    It would be much easier if you used excel. I would go along the lines of 
    Name   /   Winning weeks    /  Last Stake    /    Next stake    /     Team + odds    /    Potential return

If you just fill all that out in excel, put a boarder around it all and then C+P I think that would work.
  • edited July 2013
    Right I've tried to quickly do 1 here lets see if it works on here...

Name Streak Funds Next Game Odds Potential 
    FlashFlush 0 1 Blah1 xxx xxx
        1 Blah2 xxx xxx
        1 Blah3 xxx  
    Bell_Poker 0 3 Blah4 xxx xxx
          Blah5 xxx xxx
    Well not sure why it doesn't come up with the boarders and colours... can any1 help? lol
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: THE 38 TIMER:
    Right I've tried to quickly do 1 here lets see if it works on here... Name Streak Funds Next Game Odds Potential  FlashFlush 0 1 Blah1 xxx xxx     1 Blah2 xxx xxx     1 Blah3 xxx   Bell_Poker 0 3 Blah4 xxx xxx       Blah5 xxx xxx Well not sure why it doesn't come up with the boarders and colours... can any1 help? lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    It will if you post it using Internet explorer, doesn't seem to happen in chrome.
  • edited July 2013
    Ah well IE makes me go on tilt as soon as I load it so I'll leave that to Mr Bell.

Got my picks...

Reading @ 19/20
    Peterborough @10/11
    Celtic @ 3/10

I'm going to stick to just regular bets like that for now, then IF I'm still about with something like £50 then I might start being more cautious and adding handicaps.
  • edited July 2013
    interesting thread. ive seen a few of the twitter tipsters do things like this, but then you have to be a paid up member to their sites to see the bets and the rest.

i'll take part for a mythical quid to start with if that's ok as it seems good fun, maybe if I get 3 or 4 weeks in I will start putting money on the bet but then im likely to curse my selection as so often happens,

will post up nearer kick off times as ive not had a look at any of the betting.

good luck all and this should be a must read
  • edited July 2013
    Right done mine....

1. Sheff Utd v Notts C HOME WIN @ 19/20
    2. P*sh v Swindon HOME WIN @ EVS
    3. Fleetwood v Daggers HOME WIN @ 8/11
  • edited August 2013
    reading @10/11
    Bristol city@5/6
    Fleetwood @4/6
  • edited August 2013
    You're in Tintin! 

Flash, splashies and mk all selections noted and will update on what should hopefully be a better table soon!! 
  • edited August 2013
    In please.

Reading to beat Ipswich @ 10/11

QPR to beat Sheff Wed @ 5/6

Wolves to beat Preston (+1) @ 1/2
  • edited August 2013
    Your in Dohhhhhh 
  • edited August 2013
    do we have to take sky bet prices???

Forrest 4/5 4/5
    Fleetwood 4/6 8/11
    Southend Evens 6/5

First price is Sky Bets, 2nd price is what I actualy backed them at.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THE 38 TIMER:
    do we have to take sky bet prices??? Forrest 4/5 4/5 Fleetwood 4/6 8/11 Southend Evens 6/5 First price is Sky Bets, 2nd price is what I actualy backed them at.
    Posted by shuv
    I've done mine on another site.