You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE 38 TIMER

Comments

• edited August 2013
    just post the odds you backed them at we'll believe you  ; )    
  • edited August 2013
    Yeh mines another site as well, I wanted to keep it seperate so started a new account :-)
  • edited August 2013
    'table' (cough, if you can call it that)  updated on first post at top of thread, look... i won't lie it's a dogs dinner so apologies if any offence is caused to your eyes but it will do the job ; ) 

those who have already posted good luck with all selections
  • edited August 2013
    you live to see week 2 splashies you can breathe that sigh of relief now
  • edited August 2013
    Mine are

1. Watford to win 6-4

2. Notts Forest to win 8-11

3 Cheltenham to win 11-10

Good luck all
  • edited August 2013

QPR 4/5
    Celtic 1/4
    Falkirk 1/4

Good luck all!

• edited August 2013
    Great Idea... In please

I was going to pick Celtic, then I saw this

"Im going to keep all english football leagues on side for the pursposes of this comp, as well as the Premiership". 

So How come FishFlush can have Celtic?

Anyway, I will stick to the rules... Teams to follow!
  • edited August 2013
    Millwall to win @ 4/5.  (Win 1.8)

Bristol city to win @ evens (win 2)

Fleetwood to win @ 8/13. (Win 1.62)
  • edited August 2013
    this is a great idea and looks a lot of fun.... do i need to pick 3 teams each week or just i do one, wasn't sure..... ill have a look and get back to you before kick off
  • edited August 2013
    right time to fall at the first hurdle but here go's

milwall 4/5
    QPR 8/11
    Fleetwood 8/13
  • edited August 2013
    Ok,

I am going risky! Could be dead after 1 week!

Middlesbrough vs Leicester, draw = 12/5

Doncaster Vs Blackpool- Home win = 11/8

Gillingham Vs Colchester, home win = 6/5 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THE 38 TIMER:
    Ok, I am going risky! Could be dead after 1 week! middlesbrough vs Leicester, draw = 12/5 Doncaster Vs Blackpool- Home win = 11/8 Gillingham Vs Colchester, home win = 6/5 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    That's at least 1 down. 
  • edited August 2013
    Watford 7/5

Crawley 19/20

Reading 5/6 

also thought be fun to include these in a little treble as well at 7.5/1
  • edited August 2013
    Great Idea... In please I was going to pick Celtic, then I saw this " Im going to keep all english football leagues on side for the pursposes of this comp, as well as the Premiership".  So How come FishFlush can have Celtic? Anyway, I will stick to the rules... Teams to follow!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    yeah good stuff your in greghogg and as regards to the pick of celtic if guys wants to venture outside the english leagues i aint gonna be too much of a ballbuster about it!! its their hard earned dough on the line after all and as long as its a football bet then theyre fine.  ill just keep to the english leagues myself. and this as a celtic fan! 
  • edited August 2013
    youre in bolesAA welocme on board, yeah the idea of doing 3 singles to roll on is to give yourself best possible chance of progressing but if anyone wants to do only one then thats perfectly acceptable but as flash pointed out earlier going 3 handed should in theory let us make a better fist of things. 

good to see all the selections coming thick and fast and ill update on the worlds wonkiest borderless table in due time. 

anyone picking crawley your putting me in a difficult position to cheer you on as my big pal is coventry mad (and there arent too many in Belfast!!!) and he and 2 other non coventry supporting mates are away over to brighton for the weekend and travelling to nearby crawley for the game. feel sorry for poor coventry what is happening to football these days???!!!! 

good luck all
  • edited August 2013
    i am going to try just 1 team each week if ok by all, 

my pick this week is  NEWPORT COUNTY evs

gl all if having bet today.
  • edited August 2013
    this weekends selections updated on first page of thread. good luck all
  • edited August 2013
    not looking good, might try for a 37 timer starting next week lol
  • edited August 2013
    not looking good, might try for a 37 timer starting next week lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG

hahaha yes start from scratch next week, in fairness you deserve a special mention for your bravery, 3 odds against shouts including a draw! just shows you, its gonna be tough to go on a streak
  • edited August 2013
    treble came in so am happy, good luck to hopefully top up on the singles 
  • edited August 2013
    treble came in so am happy, good luck to hopefully top up on the singles 
    Posted by bolesAA

nice treble vwd. ill update all results and returns by tomorrow afternoon but a very good start by most, unfortunately can't count myself in that group! 
  • edited August 2013
    Great Idea... In please I was going to pick Celtic, then I saw this " Im going to keep all english football leagues on side for the pursposes of this comp, as well as the Premiership".  So How come FishFlush can have Celtic? Anyway, I will stick to the rules... Teams to follow!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    It's just about keeping the bet going for 38 weeks. IMO you should be able to use anyone, but if you atart venturing out to Barcelona / Madrid then you're going to lose value with the odds, so it's just getting a happy medium.
  • edited August 2013
    hi ive never done footy betting so can i ask 

do you have too have same teams every week ?

can u bet 1 pound for 2 teams

and if you win does that stake roll over ie i win 1.80p do i have too bet 3 .80 on next bet ?
  • edited August 2013
    hi ive never done footy betting so can i ask  do you have too have same teams every week ? can u bet 1 pound for 2 teams and if you win does that stake roll over ie i win 1.80p do i have too bet 3 .80 on next bet ?
    Posted by vegasman
    You can choose a differen tteam every week, let's face it, one team isn't going to win all their games in a whole season.

If you bet £1 and win and get £1.80 return, then the week after you bet all of that £1.80 and hopefully tun it into £3 ish then just keep going.
  • edited August 2013
    Good old Celtic, didn't think they were going to win that! So that's all 3 alive for me :-) I also put them all in a acca with Dunfirmline so that's a good start to the season.
  • edited August 2013
    Good old Celtic, didn't think they were going to win that! So that's all 3 alive for me :-) I also put them all in a acca with Dunfirmline so that's a good start to the season.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    nice one, im thinking of using one of my live bets to place on Motherwell tomorrow.... is that allowed or should I be patient and wait for next weekend
  • edited August 2013
    3 selections per weekend for the purposes of this. But there's obviously no limit on how many lines you wish to do yourself, I just won't record them on here. Fancy Motherwell myself 
  • edited August 2013
    thats cool, i got motherwell on one of my acca's today, can look forward to next weekends singles 
  • edited August 2013
    1st weekends results updated on page 1, special shout out to Splashies, Shuv, Flashflush, Johnconnor, Dohhhhhhh, and BolesAA who correctly predicted all 3/3 correct selections and ms-tree whose sole prediction was also a winner, and finally to Vaigret who got the highest scoring single return at 6/4 which was Watford, bolesAA also predicted a Watford win at the slightly shorter price of 7/5 

do your homework through the week and post up your weekend selections whenever your good, please use your noggin, sunday games can also be used, if your gonna stick in a friday or monday game then im not gonna fuss too much but to keep it simple please no midweek (proper midweek tues - thurs) games theres enough weekends of football ahead for us to get close to the 38 odd mark when including fa cup etc  
  • edited August 2013
    anyone who got an incorrect selection, please feel free to start from the £1 mark again, if you don't wish to then that's fine too, for those on a streak, please put up your stake for the selection i.e £1.83 on CHESTERFIELD @ 5/6 etc etc 

good luck