You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ivano's TSP binkage variance galore

Comments

• edited October 2013

OK so just realised it's been a good while since an update! Been a rough couple of weeks to say the least but my poker bankroll still remains in tact so that's a good positive!

So I'd reached £3k a good while earlier this month but since then I've just not got any sort of rhythm going. Where I was having days of only winning sessions I just was having a lot of break even days. And I started feeling depressed again - most notably on the past couple of thursdays where I was just feeling really down. I still don't have a job yet and I really want poker to be my main source of income but at the same time I know I need a job. But just lack any motivation to look for one.

Then on thursday I hadn't eaten all day till about 5 when I finally went downstairs to make some sandwiches. At which point my mum started having a go at me. And I just flipped out and lost it - went to through my half made sandwich at her but through it on the surface instead and then went to leave the house (with no shoes on and it hammering down in rain!) but my Dad talked me into not doing something so rash! Saw my girlfriend later that night though and just like that I was feeling better!

Anyway, went down to to the SPT on Saturday and had a great time down there. Got knocked out at around half 11 iirc..so close yet so far to making the 2nd day! I played well for the most part but somewhat disappointed with a couple of hands. One was when I stationed off with TT on a J98xx board. I had a draw and a pair which I thought could easily be good enough but probably should have folded by the river.

Then I moved table and immediately noticed a very aggressive player on my right. I was still short at this point (about 24k - I had gone down to 10k but built it up with some nicely timed shoves on the last table) - BTN raised and SB 3-bet. I'd made up my mind that I was going to shove with any reasonable holding and I looked down and saw JJ!! BTN folded to my shove and SB tanked for a while and made the call with 84o. 332 flop, 8 turn for a bit of a scare but a blank river. BTN had 33 for quads as well had he played!! Then I made a comment to him when I contemplated but chickened out 3betting with A5 where I said I was thinking of light 3-betting there. He then proceeded to constantly take the mick and he raised OTB twice and asked me if I was going to prove him wrong and light 3-bet him. :p

But I never had a hand to do so with.... I was almost tempted with J5s but figured he really wanted me to 3-bet him that time. Afterwards he said he was jamming as he had AT. I was getting quite short again... only had around 32k. Decided to call an early pos jam with AJs. Disappointed I didn't fold really - but at the same time I didn't want to scrape into the final day I wanted a chip stack. Was up against AQ and didn't win. Ended up only on 10k and with blinds hitting me the next hand I made a shove with 10,9 UTG. Snapped by KK (same guy who had AQ) and lost.

• edited October 2013
    All in all an enjoyable SPT. Met some new people that hadn't met before at SPT's and met some people I'd ran into before. I only wished I could have stayed longer. Planed to go out with a few of the guys I'd met (NMIPEIS, Shentoku and some others) but my phone battery had died by the time I exited the tournament. So I just went back to the hotel. My gf was going to come up on the Sunday and we were going to have a day out around Nottingham (had I gone out of the tournament) but in the end we decided not to on the Sunday because we didn't know what the trains would be like later on with the bad forecast for the weather.

Played the UKOPS omaha tournament Sunday night but had a mare in it. Called a raise OTB with some low garbage rundown with a fair few gaps. 4 of us to the flop and it came Q36r. I think I had bottom 2 with a gutshot and a BDFD. Decided I was good enough to shove over a bet and they had Q6 no other draw and held. Down to 200 chips but I got back into contention and then got it in with AA against KK and another AA77 and the other AA won when they flopped a set of 7s. Over the past few days have played a few tournaments but may as well be throwing my money down the drain. Playing terrible in them - just can't seem to concentrate at all.

Cash has been better though and dug me out of the hole. Currently on 2.7k (I took out 300 quid the other week) and have my C4P to come which was around £140.

Not made priority for 2nd month running though but going to try and do better this month in terms of volume to try and reach it again!
  • edited October 2013

Noticed you in the small stakes 2p2 forum the other day, do you usually go over hands on there?

How many BI are you looking to make before you start playing 50nl mate, or are you looking to play more PLO.

I really need to be getting to one of these SPTs soon, seems like a really decent night out.

Wouldn't mind getting to 100nl by the end of the year myself but I think we both need to start putting the volume in, Gl with your goals anyway mate.

• edited October 2013
    I rarely post hands on 2+2 just because AFAIK you can't convert with them skypoker hand histories? Like I said earlier in the thread I find discussing hands/strategy helps most with improving my game. And I enjoy it somewhat more than looking over my own hand histories!!

I'm playing 50nl now (have 55BI's or so) but mixing it in with 30NL aswell. 55BI's probably is a tad on the small side but the variance is quite small especially during the daytime since it plays so nitty in general. And at night time when I get to play variance might be more but standard is worse so it's good to play then too. Only time I would consider not playing is if there was a table with lots of aggression (and with good players) - would rather have 80BI's + for a table like that.

I also need to learn more to quit a table when I get fairly deep with someone though at 50NL. Playing 200bb deep is like playing with a 25BI BR and can definitely hurt if you lose an all in vs them.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    gravy2 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £11.63
    eagle05 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £61.23
    Curt360x27 Sit out     
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

BobTheBee Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £93.03
    K_2_All_In Fold     
    F_Ivanovic Raise  £4.50 £6.75 £152.45
    gravy2 Fold     
    eagle05 Fold     
    BobTheBee Raise  £10.50 £17.25 £82.53
    F_Ivanovic Raise  £22.50 £39.75 £129.95
    BobTheBee Call  £15.00 £54.75 £67.53
    Flop

BobTheBee Check     
    F_Ivanovic Bet  £10.50 £65.25 £119.45
    BobTheBee All-in  £67.53 £132.78 £0.00
    F_Ivanovic Call  £57.03 £189.81 £62.42
    BobTheBee Show
    • K
    • K

F_Ivanovic Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

• J

River

• K

BobTheBee Win Three Kings £188.01  £188.01
    Had I won that pot I would have had a £190 winning session this afternoon. As it was it turned out to be breakeven!

Won 5 pots this afternoon over £15 (highest £33) and the other 4 were less than £20. 2 losses over £15 but one of them was £30 and the other was the hand above.
  • edited October 2013
    WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SANDWICHES?
  • edited October 2013
    What sandwiches?! I haven't touched no sandwiches!!

Anyway... played a small omaha session just now. First hand that I sat at this 50NL table this happened:
    dantb10 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £66.50
    F_Ivanovic Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
    PhilAny2_Q Big blind  £0.50 £1.25 £105.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

shrimpster Fold     
    blloyd Fold     
    PhilAny2_Q Check     
    CeeCee480 Fold     
    dantb10 Raise  £2.00 £3.25 £64.50
    F_Ivanovic Raise  £6.50 £9.75 £43.00
    PhilAny2_Q Fold     
    dantb10 Call  £4.75 £14.50 £59.75
    Flop

• J

dantb10 Check     
    F_Ivanovic Check     
    Turn

• A

dantb10 Bet  £11.00 £25.50 £48.75
    F_Ivanovic Call  £11.00 £36.50 £32.00
    River

• A

dantb10 Check     
    F_Ivanovic All-in  £32.00 £68.50 £0.00
    dantb10 Call  £32.00 £100.50 £16.75
    dantb10 Show
    • Q
    • J

F_Ivanovic Show
    • A
    • A

F_Ivanovic Win Four Aces £98.95  £98.95
    Then 3 minutes later dan returns the favour and coolers me right back. Next time I'll try and put him on KK in this spot lol.
    NooGooood Sit out     
    PhilAny2_Q Big blind  £0.50 £0.50 £122.07
     Your hole cards
    • A

dantb10 Raise  £1.50 £2.00 £56.68
    F_Ivanovic Raise  £4.50 £6.50 £94.20
    PhilAny2_Q Call  £4.00 £10.50 £118.07
    dantb10 Call  £3.00 £13.50 £53.68
    Flop

• K

PhilAny2_Q Check     
    dantb10 Check     
    F_Ivanovic Bet  £5.00 £18.50 £89.20
    PhilAny2_Q Fold     
    dantb10 Raise  £16.00 £34.50 £37.68
    F_Ivanovic Call  £11.00 £45.50 £78.20
    Turn

dantb10 All-in  £37.68 £83.18 £0.00
    F_Ivanovic Call  £37.68 £120.86 £40.52
    dantb10 Show
    • J
    • K
    • K

F_Ivanovic Show
    • A

River

dantb10 Win Full House, Kings and 9s £119.06  £119.06
    Will finish off with a rare spot in omaha.... getting it in as a MASSIVE favourite. I was as big as AA is in holdem here where I had slightly more than 80% equity. AND I still lost. Like my AA did earlier. Oh well.
    EBBERDON Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £18.38
    F_Ivanovic Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £67.55
    jameswins Sit out     
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • J
    • A
    • J

0897774780 Raise  £0.70 £1.00 £39.72
    scampy_008 Call  £0.70 £1.70 £10.06
    dogcharlie Fold     
    EBBERDON Fold     
    F_Ivanovic Raise  £2.60 £4.30 £64.95
    0897774780 Call  £2.10 £6.40 £37.62
    scampy_008 All-in  £10.06 £16.46 £0.00
    F_Ivanovic Raise  £31.84 £48.30 £33.11
    0897774780 Fold     
    F_Ivanovic Unmatched bet  £23.88 £24.42 £56.99
    F_Ivanovic Show
    • A
    • J
    • A
    • J

scampy_008 Show
    • Q
    • A
    • K

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

scampy_008 Win Two Pairs, Queens and 8s £23.19  £23.19
    So 2 sessions today; one of holdem, one of omaha. Went up in holdem and back down and finished £3 up. Went up in omaha and back down and guess what? Finished another £3 up! So pretty much a BE day. Given I ran pretty horribly when it mattered, I'll take that!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: F_Ivanovic 20nl to 100nl reg by the end of 2013 (+ skypoker/lifestory):
    What sandwiches?! I haven't touched no sandwiches!! Anyway... played a small omaha session just now. Posted by F_Ivanovic
    THE ONES YOU NEARLY SPLAT YOUR MOM IN THE FACE WITH?1
  • edited October 2013
    I meant going over other peoples HH, I think your comment was something like " Bet until you have no chips left" ha.

You seem to have come a long way with BRM from your intro post.

It defo is a lot nittier usually of a daytime, like I said in lamberts thread when I was tracking my sessions on sky last time my WR was a lot better in the evening.
  • edited October 2013
    A depressed person shouldn't even think about playing poker for a living.

But gl anyway
  • edited November 2013
    @ Ludacris: haha oh right. In the bin! Probably should have given them to the dog though!

@ foldufairy: ah yeah. Not one of my most constructive posts, I usually put more thought into replies but that seemed adequate at the time :P As you might notice from my posts in the clinic I love to have a good old debate and question acceptable wisdom for certain spots. I think it's rare in poker where you play a hand and there is only one good way to play it. And just because one line might be more +ev as a whole doesn't mean you shouldn't alter your line in future to remain unpredictable. Some would question some of my views as very unorthadox but if it works for me I ain't going to change it!

@ DTM: It's funny there was a thread on 2+2 recently where someone posted about their current poker situation and how depression had affected them and some people posted the same thing. It's a logical assumption but doesn't mean it's an obstacle that can't be overcome. Also, I could as easily end up way more depressed in any job I decide to do. If it's a job that's a lot of hard work and new situations I might become depressed when it gets too much (as it did for Uni) but also if it's too dull/menial I could become stuck in a dead end job going nowhere and become majorly depressed about that. I suppose you could argue that other jobs; whilst they may still lead to depression, they won't affect my earning potential like it would in poker. But it could if I ended up getting fired from the job for not doing work/not turning up and such.

I think if you know you have a problem with depression you just have to adjust for it when you play poker. My adjustment so far (even though I'm still only planning on this being part time income) has been to follow better BRM + also have a stop loss. I know a stop loss isn't always +ev but it would be for me if it stops me from tilting/become depressed and such. Also I'm continuing to get therapy for it and hopefully it won't be a significant problem in the future. But like I said - that is one reason why I'm only going to pursue it part time because I realise if it was full time then it could become a problem.
  • edited November 2013
    Anyway, I had one final session today between half 8 and 10 to 11ish. If only I'd put this volume in the whole month, I'd have made priority :( oh well! Feels good though not to be playing tournaments - it definitlely hasn't improved my W/R playing a lot of nightly tournaments. I:

a) Never get into the right mindset
    b) Miss out on all the juicy cash game action.

I think from now on I might have just one night a week where I focus on some nightly tournaments and the rest of the time will be spent playing cash.

So my 2 hour and a bit session was spent 2 tabling 50PLO. And I probably played some of the best Omaha I've played in a while. Played very aggressive and made some nice timed bluffs as well as getting max value when I had the goods!! I think I ran pretty well as well which also helps (and makes up for how terrible I ran this morning!) This was one of the ways I went about in creating an overly aggressive image, shame it didn't work out though here!! NVM whenever I post hands on my laptop it messes up and just comes up in HTML code. Basically I 4bet wth A678ss and then had to b/f a Q24 flop. (about 90bb deep with villain) - it's a good hand for a 4bet bluff because we have a nut suit and a 3 card wrap potential aswll as AA blocker but at the same time it's easy enough to let go if we happen to be 5bet. Whereas some stronger hands like AKQJ DS and the like you really don't want to have to let go if 5bet - even though it's a good chance you're up against AA. But yeah didn't work out this time. Not sure what opponent had - maybe a strong QQ hand that flopped a set or a QJT9 type hand. Either way I can't have been good!
  • edited November 2013
    So after saying the other day that I was going to stick to cash at night times except maybe the odd day, I ended up playing the half 7 deepy, the mini and the 9oclock deepstack. Busted in the half 7 deepy when I called a pot bet OTR on a T9762 board with JJ. I didn't think they had the straight and I was right - instead they completely owned me with T7!! Mini I ran deep but then shoved 50k (ten bigs) with AT and got snapped by the chip leader (sitting on 260k) by A6 and the 6 hit. Needless to say he didn't go on to win it despite his monstrous stack!

The 9oclock deepstack was the most boring start to a tournament ever! We probably saw maybe a flop every 3 orbits or so. 3 players were sat out and the 3 of us were sat in took turns in stealing the blinds. Very little risk although I did pick up some nice hands early on. Got up to around 20k without breaking too much of a sweat. Then I lost 80% of my stack don't even remember how! Was down to just 3k with blinds at 250/500. I shoved a few times and got it through. Then I got a lucky double up where I spiked a 3 outer and then knocked out that player next hand when he couldn't do the same back! Forward on and I found myself in the last 7/8. Was 4 handed and I picked up my aggression but it hadn't been working out. I tried some 3bets that failed and my raises got 3-bet a few times and had to fold. Then picked up AQ and raised CO.. BB shoved with A9 and spikes a 9 OTT. Oh well, £199 can't complain too much. Just always seem to come so close yet so far though recently!

Maybe I need to stop limping hands OTB with 13bb's!! (jk) 

Played a bit of cash earlier and won a bit but was having a mare with the connection. Folded AK pre-flop after I raised it up and got 3bet! 2 tables though worked fine for me after that.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: F_Ivanovic 20nl to 100nl reg by the end of 2013 (+ skypoker/lifestory):
    Played a bit of cash earlier and won a bit but was having a mare with the connection. Folded AK pre-flop after I raised it up and got 3bet! 2 tables though worked fine for me after that.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    No use trying to blame folding AK to a 3bet on connection problems mate ;)

WP on the DS cash. Know a lad who made the FT so was railing towards the end and saw you about.
  • edited November 2013
    haha! Was so annoying though. The bet sizing wouldn't work properly I was trying to type it in and it wouldn't work. So at the last second I tried to use the 2x BTN for 4bet size but it was too late and I folded! It was vs someone who a 4bet/gii definitely was profitable as well.

And cheers! I was so annoyed at getting 3 outered but then I remembered I only got to that spot in the first place by 3 outering someone to stay in the tourney :P
  • edited November 2013
    Hi,  first time poster on your diary.  I didn't think it would interest me as I don't play cash very often so avoided it until this week.  ;-(  I was wrong, thoroughly good & honest read.  Wish you well on & off the tables and will keep reading.......  
    pad
  • edited November 2013
    To say I'm annoyed would be an understatement! Reached HU in the £22 deepstack at 7.30 and then about 10 minutes ago my laptop freezes!! I was absolutely destroying my opponent as well, think I had 150k vs his 50k when it went but I completely had it figured out how he played and was a near sure lockup. Came back eventually and had gone down to 70k. Picked up 88 and min-r. Flop is TT3 two tone. I min-bet out (since it had been winning the pot so frequently) and he raised me. From my reads on him I probably should have made the fold but still tilted from my connection going I shoved. They had QT and that was that! argghhh....

Also had a blowup in the main. Raise with K9 get a call OTB flop comes Q65. Didn't really want to c-bet with my stack size and have to give up OTT so decide best move was to check/shove as I figure a lot of random opponents will take the stab. Maybe should have waited till I had some reads tho and just give up. I did have a BDFD so figured it can't be too bad, but he ofc has KQ. Some hope on the turn with a flush card but blank river.

Playing really well in tourneys atm though in the main...hopefully in tomorrows main if I decide to enter I can do something there!
  • edited November 2013
    To say I'm annoyed would be an understatement! Reached HU in the £22 deepstack at 7.30 and then about 10 minutes ago my laptop freezes!! I was absolutely destroying my opponent as well, think I had 150k vs his 50k when it went but I completely had it figured out how he played and was a near sure lockup. Came back eventually and had gone down to 70k. Picked up 88 and min-r. Flop is TT3 two tone. I min-bet out (since it had been winning the pot so frequently) and he raised me. From my reads on him I probably should have made the fold but still tilted from my connection going I shoved. They had QT and that was that! argghhh.... Also had a blowup in the main. Raise with K9 get a call OTB flop comes Q65. Didn't really want to c-bet with my stack size and have to give up OTT so decide best move was to check/shove as I figure a lot of random opponents will take the stab. Maybe should have waited till I had some reads tho and just give up. I did have a BDFD so figured it can't be too bad, but he ofc has KQ. Some hope on the turn with a flush card but blank river. Playing really well in tourneys atm though in the main...hopefully in tomorrows main if I decide to enter I can do something there!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

How much u get 4 second?

• edited November 2013
    if u suffer with depression why dont u see a doctor i have and its the best thing i  have done i am also getting councelling the doctor will give u anti depression tablets 
  • edited November 2013
    £200 for 2nd around £350 i think for first. And Donk, have done. Not on medication just gettng CBT therapy.
  • edited November 2013
    ok m8 take it easy 
  • edited November 2013
    Is this thread for real? Domestically abusing family members by bullying and throwing food towards them, apperantly anything he does "could" make him depressed? Childish imature baby is what I think, and also...Quit your abusive chilish replies to anything I post in threads.

This guy is just an out right bully, Although I suspect if we met him at a SPT he wouldn't have quite so much to say. Someone from Sky needs to startt editing this thread, if this guy does something daft then this thread is an obvious early warning sign................................................

To even consider throwing something at a parent at your age shows extreme emotional imaturity, my wife is reviewer for ATOS, an reading your posts even she agrees you're just imature.
  • edited November 2013
    Ok fair enough. You need to teach me how to play PLO! :)
    Posted by Lambert180

You don't want that, I've "watched" a "relative" play him on "another account", show him any agression he leaves the table pretty quickly. Infact show any ability and he will leave the table.
  • edited November 2013
    throwing sarnies at you're mam, this is quite possibly the funniest thing ive read on sky forum since it began.

• edited November 2013
    throwing sarnies at you're mam, this is quite possibly the funniest thing ive read on sky forum since it began.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Its a form of abuse and bullying, not sure where the fun is to be found? Would you abuse your parents in the same way?
  • edited November 2013
    Ohimgood

I'm amazed you've been allowed back on to the forum.
    Yet to see a non trolling post from you.
    Is your life really that pathetic that all you want to do is go on forums and upset people?
    My wife is a reviewer of fools and she agrees that you are one.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: F_Ivanovic 20nl to 100nl reg by the end of 2013 (+ skypoker/lifestory) : Its a form of abuse and bullying, not sure where the fun is to be found? Would you abuse your parents in the same way?
    Posted by OHIMGOOD

throwing a sarnie is abuse??? not in my opinion. tickled me big time when i read it.
  • edited November 2013
    Ohimgood just f!ck off yeah.
  • edited November 2013
    Ohimgood I'm amazed you've been allowed back on to the forum. Yet to see a non trolling post from you. Is your life really that pathetic that all you want to do is go on forums and upset people? My wife is a reviewer of fools and she agrees that you are one.
    Posted by Jac35
    Sorry to derail a little but this sounds like an interesting career choice! can anybody do it or do you need some sort of qualification?!

I could see ohimgood was a fool ages ago so I think I have the necessary skillz :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: F_Ivanovic 20nl to 100nl reg by the end of 2013 (+ skypoker/lifestory) : Sorry to derail a little but this sounds like an interesting career choice! can anybody do it or do you need some sort of qualification?! I could see ohimgood was a fool ages ago so I think I have the necessary skillz :)
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I did actually make it up for effect, after his "my wife" nonsense.

However, my wife does review my foolishness on a regular basis.
    Only qualification required is to be a wife. So I think you've lucked out there JD.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: F_Ivanovic 20nl to 100nl reg by the end of 2013 (+ skypoker/lifestory) : I did actually make it up for effect, after his "my wife" nonsense. However, my wife does review my foolishness on a regular basis. Only qualification required is to be a wife. So I think you've lucked out there JD.
    Posted by Jac35
    Lol I knew you did!

Just proves my attempts at humour are really as bad as my wife tells me!

#sigh