You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The weekend is here - enjoy!

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat

Morning all.

Saturday & Sunday - ooohhhh.

Been a tough week for me, as tough as any I can remember, with long days galore, but now it is time for some rest & relaxation.

I'm just going to chill at home, maybe have a few bets on the F1, horses, Boxing, & Baseball.

Going to get back on my Cash Table Bike, too. I planned to play every day this month, just small stuff, 4-Tabling, but workload, SPT Newcastle, & the stuff we have been doing this week sort of got in the way. I managed an hour of Omaha cash last night, & booked a (very) small profit, & that relaxed me a treat, & set me up for the weekend, so I'll play some cash today & tomorrow.   

So what are YOUR plans, what are you doing this weekend?

Going somewhere nice? Mother in Law coming? Taking the kids out? Watching some football?

Whatever it is, enjoy.

Let's try & cheer this place up a bit.

I hereby declare a moan free weekend, no chuntering.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Morning Tikay

No moans from me today... honest!

Just chilling too, after a pretty busy few weeks at work.... Might play a bit of 10nl later too, don't worry I am only playing AA also :)

• edited September 2013

Im off to the Ayr Gold Cup horse racing today.
                     Hope i come back with some winnings.
  • edited September 2013

Im off to the Ayr Gold Cup horse racing today.
                     Hope i come back with some winnings.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy!:
                                   Im off to the Ayr Gold Cup horse racing today.                  Hope i come back with some winnings.
    Posted by earntheriv
    Well thats no good - we need the name of the winner!

Come on, who is going to win it?
  • edited September 2013
    Was due in for a 12hr shift today, woke up at 8.20 when I was meant to be in at 8. Frantically rang work to say I was going to be late but before I could get my apology out my boss says " ohgreat did you get my message"? Look at my mobile and see a text saying they are over staffed and would I like to take the day as annual leave. Play it cool, take the day off, back of the net, innit.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited September 2013
    Was due in for a 12hr shift today, woke up at 8.20 when I was meant to be in at 8. Frantically rang work to say I was going to be late but before I could get my apology out my boss says " ohgreat did you get my message"? Look at my mobile and see a text saying they are over staffed and would I like to take the day as annual leave. Play it cool, take the day off, back of the net, innit. Cheers,  TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Back of the net!

So how are you going to celebrate that unexpected bonus?

What line of work you in? Anything to do with concrete?
  • edited September 2013
    Nice one Tikay,  I'm all for a bit of positivity.

Had a rubbish week myself suffering with tonsillitis since Tuesday and frankly being a bit pathetic about.

Gonna man up this weekend and get on stuff.  Gonna book a holiday today to take my good lady on holiday with my SPT winnings, hopefully manage to catch up with a very good old friend who's been having a rough time recently tomorrow before finding a tournament to BINK my grand final entry, probably the Mini Primo on Sunday night :)

May even try to join you on some cash tables a little later too, have a good one :)
  • edited September 2013
    Im going for Tropics in the gold cup  14/1 ! get on it ;) haha
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Back of the net! So how are you going to celebrate that unexpected bonus? What line of work you in? Anything to do with concrete?
    Posted by Tikay10
    nothing as exciting as concrete . i work with the elderly - organisng activities / social events in the week and as a carer everyother weekend - rubbish pay made up for with bucket loads of job satisfaction [i'll still pocket the day off though, lol].

as for celebrating the day off, i'll play some poker, go out with the missus and spend time with the dog, prosaic weekends ftw.

cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited September 2013
    Nice one Tikay,  I'm all for a bit of positivity. Had a rubbish week myself suffering with tonsillitis since Tuesday and frankly being a bit pathetic about. Gonna man up this weekend and get on stuff.  Gonna book a holiday today to take my good lady on holiday with my SPT winnings, hopefully manage to catch up with a very good old friend who's been having a rough time recently tomorrow before finding a tournament to BINK my grand final entry, probably the Mini Primo on Sunday night :) May even try to join you on some cash tables a little later too, have a good one :)
    Posted by Slykllist
    Now THAT is how to spend SPT Winnings. Where will you go?

Good man you, enjoy it Simon.
  • edited September 2013

i am off to portugal for 2 weeks.

• edited September 2013
    Im going for Tropics in the gold cup  14/1 ! get on it ;) haha
    Posted by courtswans
    Quoted for truth!

Anyone else got a selection for today's Ayr Gold Cup? Quarter odds, five places, ooohhh.....
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : nothing as exciting as concrete . i work with the elderly - organisng activities / social events in the week and as a carer everyother weekend - rubbish pay made up for with bucket loads of job satisfaction [i'll still pocket the day off though, lol]. as for celebrating the day off, i'll play some poker, go out with the missus and spend time with the dog, prosaic weekends ftw. cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Respect to you Teddy. No wonder you rarely have a moan.

I'd hate to be old, & forgetful, & need care.

• edited September 2013
    i am off to portugal for 2 weeks.
    Posted by aussie09
    Enjoy it Rob. You taking George?

Long way, Portugal, very Faro.
  • edited September 2013
    Today will be spent watching the football and having a few bets before poker tonight.
    Tomorrow is the big day all Ireland final day.
    Dublin v Mayo in one of the best stadiums in Europe.

COYBIB
  • edited September 2013
    Today will be spent watching the football and having a few bets before poker tonight. Tomorrow is the big day all Ireland final day. Dublin v Mayo in one of the best stadiums in Europe. COYBIB
    Posted by day4eire76
    I had a bet on Mayo a few weks ago.

Who'll win tomorrow - Mayo?
  • edited September 2013

A few more Posts & history will be made - a chunter free page.

Great stuff guys, great stuff.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Respect to you Teddy. No wonder you rarely have a moan. I'd hate to be old, & forgetful, & need care.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    BUT YOU ARE, Bet youv'e forgot what you said in your op.....lol without lookin.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : BUT YOU ARE, Bet youv'e forgot what you said in your op.....lol without lookin.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Eh? What OP?
  • edited September 2013

We did it!

A chunter free page!

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : I had a bet on Mayo a few weks ago. Who'll win tomorrow - Mayo?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think and hope Dublin will have to much firepower for Mayo.
    It should be a close game but with the hill rocking and Dublin looking to win there 2nd title in 3 years it's Dublin for me.
    Mayo are looking for there first title in 60 plus years.
    Dublin is buzzing today and there are blue jerseys everywhere.
    Have backed Dublin all year so might just have a bet on mom and at 22/1 Jack McCaffrey looks like a standout bet
  • edited September 2013
    Ayr gold cup Joe Eile each way
  • edited September 2013
    Ayr gold cup Joe Eile each way
    Posted by day4eire76
    So now we have "Tropics & "Joe Eile" for the Ayr Gold Cup.

Any more for any more?

Have a great day at the game bud, sounds like it is a big thing in those parts.
  • edited September 2013
    Off to watch the Mighty Rams.
    Can't promise to keep the thread moan free after ten to five this evening
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : So now we have "Tropics & "Joe Eile" for the Ayr Gold Cup. Any more for any more? Have a great day at the game bud, sounds like it is a big thing in those parts.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Biggest day in Irish sport 80k plus at the match plus loads up for the weekend.
    Quick tip don't plan the Dublin SPT for this weekend next year 
  • edited September 2013

Hi Tikay
    How did the value bet on the eagles go on thursday night?
    Watching lots of sport today and playing some poker in between

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Now THAT is how to spend SPT Winnings. Where will you go? Good man you, enjoy it Simon.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's proving tricky!  Looking like Majorca (although a little concerned about the temperature in October), Cyprus or Crete at the moment, struggling to find something that ticks all the boxes.  Any suggestions?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : It's proving tricky!  Looking like Majorca (although a little concerned about the temperature in October), Cyprus or Crete at the moment, struggling to find something that ticks all the boxes.  Any suggestions?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Guaranteed weather in the Canaries Simon
  • edited September 2013
    I shall be doing what I do virtually every Saturday afternoon for 9 months of the year, going out to watch some football.

Roche v Edgcumbe in the Cornwall Senior Cup looks favourite at the moment.