You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The weekend is here - enjoy!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy!:
    i'm back at work tomorrow at 6, boy away staying with my wee brother so just gonna chill wi the mrs an play some poker,watch my coupon get bust and see wot i fancy in the gold cup today aswell.
    Posted by scwuffy54
    Perfect Saturday, not so much a 6am start on Sunday.

Better an early start than a late finish though, I've had 4 Midnight finishes this week, & I'm wrecked.
  • edited September 2013
    [QUOTE]H, Tikay. Great idea to have a moan free thread - very refreshing. It hasn't been a great week for me as I had a minor operation to remove two cysts from my chest on Monday so I shall just be relaxing in an armchair and enjoying my first pain-free day since. Thankfully, Argyle are away today so I shan't have to ruin my weekend by watching them lose. By the way, belated congratulations to you and all the green team for your victory. Cheers Ian
    Posted by 4EVERGREEN

Thanks EVER, yeah, no moaning makes such a nice change. Folks do like a chunter.

Hope the recovery goes well.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Not had any bets on this weekend's race, no, I find F1 very hard to be profitable on, except for occasional "Safety Car - Yes/No" coups. I am on Vettel for the Drivers Championship at 8/5 though, placed last November, for a small sum. Think he is 1/33 now. Ooohhhh. I saved on Hamilton, too, so looking pretty good right now, fingers crossed. Good luck with the Vettel Hat Trick!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think you're cruising to victory with that one - best of luck! Gonna take a serious bad-beat for any other outcome I'd say. Alonso & co are going to need runner runner runner runner runner runner!

• edited September 2013
    GTA 5 , poker,wasted,bliss
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by stokefc
    I just got eaten by Jaws.

• edited September 2013
    Im off to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain in Buxton tomorrow with Sky player Moon_River

Seen them before, its going to be a great night

Hope your weekend is good Tikay

Cheers 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Hope to see you later then, I'll be back on this evening. Well done on that call with the bad flush, to chop the pot, we both booked a profit as we were three way to the turn. I LOVE 3 Way Pots in PLO8! I had the nut low ( unbreakable) & a bad High, so I am ALWAYS going to pile the pressure on there, as I can nick the lot if your hand cant stand a raise. Good call.  I ran incredibly good & made 3 Buy-Ins, aided in great part by one monsta pot where I got a bit lucky, especially as one player was trying to win one end only so we were both freerolling him.  Maybe see you later, & I'll doubtless lose today's profit!  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think I played the hand pretty poorly as there was a good chance of the better flush being out there and I didn't have much of a low. I was playing a bit too loose as I only had a few minutes (honestly). Getting stacked, no stacking myself, with AA3x a few hands ealier didn't help. Why do my AA2x and AA3x hands always run into QQxx on a Q high flop or KKxx on a K high flop? I couldn't even save half with the low draw!

Still it was fun while it lasted, hopefully more Omaha H/L will get played on Sky, it is my biggest leak as I am addicted to it but not very good at it!
  • edited September 2013
    Just realised that my last post contains a bit that may be construed as a moan. It was not meant to be one and I profusely apologise for possibly tainting this 'moan free' thread.

I will now go and stand on the naughty step until forgiven.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Note WILL not "might"! Good luck shuv. Another one added to the list.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I obvs meant will come 2nd last!! :(
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : I am left-handed but there's no way I could do that! Get well soon.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks for the good wishes. Trust me using the mouse left handed is nothing like as challenging as trying to play tennis left handed (for a right hander). I'm a bit a tennis nut which has so far resulted in knee, wrist, and shoulder surgery (twice), still at least it keeps me fit!!
  • edited September 2013
    Sorry but grrrr
  • edited September 2013
    So, did anyone tip the  winner of the Ayr Gold Cup?

I saw a pretty dreadful match to be honest (Roche 1-0 Edgcumbe) but got some photos of the ground and put up them up at http://www.fchd.info/grounds/roche.htm - Tikay, you will love the dugouts, they're made out of concrete breeze blocks.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Doing what, bud? Anything to do with concrete?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Courier TK,,, so technically yes
  • edited September 2013
    Just realised that my last post contains a bit that may be construed as a moan. It was not meant to be one and I profusely apologise for possibly tainting this 'moan free' thread. I will now go and stand on the naughty step until forgiven.
    Posted by Enut
    Just a Yellow this time. ;)

• edited September 2013
    Posted by stokefc
    What is GTA 5?

You reckon Stoke have any chance today against Wenger's Wonders, Stokey?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : I think I played the hand pretty poorly as there was a good chance of the better flush being out there and I didn't have much of a low. I was playing a bit too loose as I only had a few minutes (honestly). Getting stacked, no stacking myself, with AA3x a few hands ealier didn't help. Why do my AA2x and AA3x hands always run into QQxx on a Q high flop or KKxx on a K high flop? I couldn't even save half with the low draw! Still it was fun while it lasted, hopefully more Omaha H/L will get played on Sky, it is my biggest leak as I am addicted to it but not very good at it!
    Posted by Enut
    I think you are being harsh on yourself. Yes, a bigger flush COULD be out, but we were short-handed, & this is the WHOLE THING with PLO8, the Villain (me in this case) MIGHT be applying pressure because he has the other end locked up. In these cases, yes, a fold is better UNLESS you have a shot at both ends. The guy who gets the last big bet in is at a huge advantage, as the other player should not call if he has one end only - he's putting his own money in to get the same amount back, so he is on a loseroll. This is why Position is so important in PLO8.

The "IM" or "Skype" world must have been busy when word got out that I was sat there with a stack, as all sorts suddenly arrived, including EvilPingu (smashing lad), Hoggers & Dohhhh. As luck would have it, I escaped relatively unscathed.

I played Heads Up v a player, "8MINTED8" for a good hour, & we had a cracking session. Not a word was typed in the chat box until I typed "gotta go now bud, thanks for a great game", & he came on & said that he had really enjoyed the session & thanked me. We had just pushed the money back & forth for the most part, both of us have a reasonable technical understanding of PLO8, & he marginally finished to the good I think. 

I'll be on & off the PLO8 Tables again today if you fancy a game again.

• edited September 2013
    freechips1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.07
    Enut Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

tikay1 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £12.31
    Slykllist Fold     
    CHILLIE Call  £0.30 £0.75 £18.39
     0%lowCall  £0.30 £1.05 £9.55
    freechips1 Raise  £1.20 £2.25 £7.87
    Enut Fold     
    tikay1 Call  £0.95 £3.20 £11.36
    CHILLIE Call  £0.95 £4.15 £17.44
     0%lowCall  £0.95 £5.10 £8.60
    Flop

• Q

freechips1 Bet  £3.50 £8.60 £4.37
    tikay1 All-in  £11.36 £19.96 £0.00
    CHILLIE Fold     
     0%lowAll-in  £8.60 £28.56 £0.00
    freechips1 All-in  £4.37 £32.93 £0.00
    tikay1 Unmatched bet  £2.76 £30.17 £2.76
    freechips1 Show
    • A
    • J

tikay1 Show
    • A
    • Q

0%lowShow

Turn

River

tikay1 Win high Pair of Queens £14.40  £17.16
    tikay1 Win low 7-low £14.37  £31.53
  • edited September 2013
    Im off to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain in Buxton tomorrow with Sky player Moon_River Seen them before, its going to be a great night Hope your weekend is good Tikay Cheers 
    Posted by MacMonster
    Incredible!

I'm sure there would be some sniggers when you say you are going to see The Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain, but I think that's just wonderful.

The diversity of hobbies & recreations is such a lovely thing. We are all different.

That Ukelele Orchestra even has its own Wiki Page - look.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukulele_Orchestra_of_Great_Britain

• edited September 2013
    Hand 1 freechips
    wins HI: 478 (35.89%)
    ties HI: (0%)
    wins LO: 546 (40.99%)
    ties LO: (0%)
    scoops: 352 (26.43%)
    equity: 45.05%

Hand 2 old guy
    wins HI: 376 (28.23%)
    ties HI: 96 (7.21%)
    wins LO: 198 (14.86%)
    ties LO: 126 (9.46%)
    scoops: 228 (17.12%)
    equity: 31.42%

Hand 3 whale LOL
    wins HI: 382 (28.68%)
    ties HI: 96 (7.21%)
    wins LO: (0%)
    ties LO: 126 (9.46%)
    scoops: 134 (10.06%)
    equity: 23.54%
  • edited September 2013
    freechips1 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.07 Enut Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.90   Your hole cards 2 6 A J       tikay1 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £12.31 Slykllist Fold         CHILLIE Call   £0.30 £0.75 £18.39  0%low Call   £0.30 £1.05 £9.55 freechips1 Raise   £1.20 £2.25 £7.87 Enut Fold         tikay1 Call   £0.95 £3.20 £11.36 CHILLIE Call   £0.95 £4.15 £17.44  0%low Call   £0.95 £5.10 £8.60 Flop     Q 8 7       freechips1 Bet   £3.50 £8.60 £4.37 tikay1 All-in   £11.36 £19.96 £0.00 CHILLIE Fold          0%low All-in   £8.60 £28.56 £0.00 freechips1 All-in   £4.37 £32.93 £0.00 tikay1 Unmatched bet   £2.76 £30.17 £2.76 freechips1 Show 2 6 A J       tikay1 Show A 5 4 Q        0%low Show 6 7 5 4       Turn     2       River     3       tikay1 Win high Pair of Queens £14.40   £17.16 tikay1 Win low 7-low £14.37   £31.53
    Posted by freechips1
    Ouch! How on earth did you miss all those outs?!

Fair to say I got "a bit" lucky there.

On the face of it, a shocking play by me, but.......you do open a LOT of Pots, & almost always c-bet. You can't always have it, so I thought it was time to play back at you, & I did have a little bit of equity with which to do it. MUCH less than I thought, though. ;)

It's only loaned, you'll get it back today. I'll be honest, I really don't like playing you, you are too good, & that's the truth. I saw you had a stack on several Tables last night, so I guess you ended up ahead on the day.

Most unlucky Mr Free.
  • edited September 2013
    Hand 1 freechips wins HI: 478 (35.89%) ties HI: (0%) wins LO: 546 (40.99%) ties LO: (0%) scoops: 352 (26.43%) equity: 45.05% Hand 2 old guy wins HI: 376 (28.23%) ties HI: 96 (7.21%) wins LO: 198 (14.86%) ties LO: 126 (9.46%) scoops: 228 (17.12%) equity: 31.42% Hand 3 whale LOL wins HI: 382 (28.68%) ties HI: 96 (7.21%) wins LO: (0%) ties LO: 126 (9.46%) scoops: 134 (10.06%) equity: 23.54%
    Posted by freechips1
    Brilliant!

PS - Who was "old guy"?

;)
  • edited September 2013

scoops: 228 (17.12%)

Gotta win those scoops. ;)
  • edited September 2013
    So, did anyone tip the  winner of the Ayr Gold Cup? I saw a pretty dreadful match to be honest (Roche 1-0 Edgcumbe) but got some photos of the ground and put up them up at http://www.fchd.info/grounds/roche.htm - Tikay, you will love the dugouts, they're made out of concrete breeze blocks.
    Posted by FCHD
    You might just enjoy this lovely little website FCHD.....

http://chopstop5.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/guest-top-5-dugouts-by-andy-ollerenshaw.html

I believe there is a Chapel on top of Roche Rock, by the bye. The whole ugly lunp is actually a SSSI, too.
  • edited September 2013
    Looking forward to another game later on. 
    Yesterday was a swingy day, lost 5 buyins at plo20 to a guy who opens/3 bets/4bets every hand in the afternoon.  I ended up a little tilted by him and called him down 3 streets with kk (flop258r) for a 400bb pot and lost to 5,2.
    last night things went well and ended up about level for the day.
  • edited September 2013
    Who was the Whale?

:)

Sigh... 

Might be back to donate later tikay, was fun! 
  • edited September 2013
    Hi.Mornin all.Late 1 last night.Actually won for a nice wee change.90 notes for a fiver outlay.Cant be bad to that!Took the weeman to the park most of yesterday.Helps to forget about the shockin performance against southampton.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited September 2013
    Hi.Mornin all.Late 1 last night.Actually won for a nice wee change.90 notes for a fiver outlay.Cant be bad to that!Took the weeman to the park most of yesterday.Helps to forget about the shockin performance against southampton. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Be good Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    You are a LIVERPOOL fan? Oh dear.......

;)
  • edited September 2013
    I've actually been to 2 of the other 4 grounds highlighted on that blog Tikay.

The stand shown on top of the dugouts at Brixham was cordoned off when I visited as it was unsafe, I hope they've done it up now as the two Brixham clubs have merged and are hoping to move up a league in the next couple of years.

Stanley United was wonderfully different, the changing rooms and teabar etc being basically in a house. I don't think anyone is playing there at the moment. The other thing that sticks in the memory of the place is just how cold and bleak it was!

Great Yarmouth - the stand has been said it needs replacing imminently for two decades or more but it is still there, I'd love to go there if I ever get to that part of the country.

One more non-league backdrop you'd appreciate - Acrefair Youth of the Welsh National League (Wrexham Area). They play virtually in the shadow of the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct on the Llangollen Canal. See pic (not mine) at
    https://picasaweb.google.com/footballgroundsinfocus/AcrefairYouthFC#5595421179749330802

• edited September 2013
    I've actually been to 2 of the other 4 grounds highlighted on that blog Tikay. The stand shown on top of the dugouts at Brixham was cordoned off when I visited as it was unsafe, I hope they've done it up now as the two Brixham clubs have merged and are hoping to move up a league in the next couple of years. Stanley United was wonderfully different, the changing rooms and teabar etc being basically in a house. I don't think anyone is playing there at the moment. The other thing that sticks in the memory of the place is just how cold and bleak it was! Great Yarmouth - the stand has been said it needs replacing imminently for two decades or more but it is still there, I'd love to go there if I ever get to that part of the country. One more non-league backdrop you'd appreciate - Acrefair Youth of the Welsh National League (Wrexham Area). They play virtually in the shadow of the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct on the Llangollen Canal. See pic (not mine) at https://picasaweb.google.com/footballgroundsinfocus/AcrefairYouthFC#5595421179749330802
    Posted by FCHD
    Wow @ that photo!

Thank you. I'm going to borrow that, for my Diary elsewhere.

Excuse the "tikay1" Account, but I've Registered to play some PLO8 DYM's &, I hope, some PLO8 Cash, & I am playing on my own money, not the "TIKAY10" one.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : What is GTA 5? You reckon Stoke have any chance today against Wenger's Wonders, Stokey?
    Posted by Tikay10
    A video game ;-)   Taken over $1,000,000,000 revenue in less than a week on sale! Nice work, eh?

Speaking of Stoke, do the supporters still want rid of Mark Hughes? I remember lots of local protests after his appointment, including one individual driving around in a car with some protest banner stuck to it. Or is MH ok now they're fairly high up in the charts?