You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The weekend is here - enjoy!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy!:
    Off to watch the Mighty Rams. Can't promise to keep the thread moan free after ten to five this evening
    Posted by Jac35
    Oh dear.

Permission to moan @ 5pm.

The Kirkland family owned Derby County for many decades (not now), & I worked for John Kirkland for 20 odd years. Got some wonderful Derby County "behind the scenes" stories, especially from the Clough era. This was in the Baseball Grounds days of course.   

• edited September 2013
    Hi Tikay How did the value bet on the eagles go on thursday night? Watching lots of sport today and playing some poker in between
    Posted by pompeynic
    Shocking!

Had a few "Receiving Yards" prop bets which saved the day thank goodness.

It was a proper comedy of errors.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : It's proving tricky!  Looking like Majorca (although a little concerned about the temperature in October), Cyprus or Crete at the moment, struggling to find something that ticks all the boxes.  Any suggestions?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Isle of Skye. Can't promise much sunshine though. 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Isle of Skye. Can't promise much sunshine though.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    You've obviously not met my wife (well technically you have but it was very fleeting), this is number one priority!
  • edited September 2013
    I shall be doing what I do virtually every Saturday afternoon for 9 months of the year, going out to watch some football. Roche v Edgcumbe in the Cornwall Senior Cup looks favourite at the moment.
    Posted by FCHD
    Ahh, the mighty Roche, in the Cornwall Senior Cup.

They got a proper dugout there, I'm told. Rock-like defence, too.

• edited September 2013
    Hi Tony
    Glad to hear you are having some R &R this weekend.  I have my Mum coming to-day and our new Grand Daughter Phoebe will be coming for a visit to-day also.  It's our Ruby Wedding next Sunday 40 years, yeah really 40 years.  I wouldn't change a thing. Lol.  We are going on a cruise in early October with friends to celebrate, from Barcelona around the Med.  Hope the weather holds up.  Hope to see you in Nottingham. In the final tomorrow night to get there.  Wish me luck.  Won 2 satallites, costing me £3.50.
    C ya
    Sue
    xx
    PS Please say high to all at Sky Poker
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Oh dear. Permission to moan @ 5pm. The Kirkland family owned Derby County for many decades (not now), & I worked for John Kirkland for 20 odd years. Got some wonderful Derby County "behind the scenes" stories, especially from the Clough era. This was in the Baseball Grounds days of course.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    My Aunt was mayor of Derby the year we were in the Premier League (moving on quickly) and I was her consort.
    Aunty Barbara has always been a huge Derby fan and we were given tickets in the directors box for the season. She knew John Kirkland well already as he was a supporter of her party. I didn't know him but he was always very pleasant when we bumped into each other during that long, dark season.
  • edited September 2013
    Football for me today. Spalding Town v Peterborough Sports!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : My Aunt was mayor of Derby the year we were in the Premier League (moving on quickly) and I was her consort. Aunty Barbara has always been a huge Derby fan and we were given tickets in the directors box for the season. She knew John Kirkland well already as he was a supporter of her party. I didn't know him but he was always very pleasant when we bumped into each other during that long, dark season.
    Posted by Jac35
    Was that Barbara Jackson?
  • edited September 2013
    Hi Tony Glad to hear you are having some R &R this weekend.  I have my Mum coming to-day and our new Grand Daughter Phoebe will be coming for a visit to-day also.  It's our Ruby Wedding next Sunday 40 years, yeah really 40 years.  I wouldn't change a thing. Lol.  We are going on a cruise in early October with friends to celebrate, from Barcelona around the Med.  Hope the weather holds up.  Hope to see you in Nottingham. In the final tomorrow night to get there.  Wish me luck.  Won 2 satallites, costing me £3.50. C ya Sue xx PS Please say high to all at Sky Poker
    Posted by kidgirlgy
    Congrats on the new grandchild arival, Sue, & good luck tomorrow night.
  • edited September 2013
    H, Tikay. Great idea to have a moan free thread - very refreshing.

It hasn't been a great week for me as I had a minor operation to remove two cysts from my chest on Monday so I shall just be relaxing in an armchair and enjoying my first pain-free day since.

Thankfully, Argyle are away today so I shan't have to ruin my weekend by watching them lose.

By the way, belated congratulations to you and all the green team for your victory.

Cheers

Ian
  • edited September 2013
    Hi Tony Glad to hear you are having some R &R this weekend.  I have my Mum coming to-day and our new Grand Daughter Phoebe will be coming for a visit to-day also.  It's our Ruby Wedding next Sunday 40 years, yeah really 40 years.  I wouldn't change a thing. Lol.  We are going on a cruise in early October with friends to celebrate, from Barcelona around the Med.  Hope the weather holds up.  Hope to see you in Nottingham. In the final tomorrow night to get there.  Wish me luck.  Won 2 satallites, costing me £3.50. C ya Sue xx PS Please say high to all at Sky Poker
    Posted by kidgirlgy
    Congrats on the new grandchild arival, Sue, & good luck tomorrow night.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Ahh, the mighty Roche, in the Cornwall Senior Cup. They got a proper dugout there, I'm told. Rock-like defence, too.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes, I believe they've even got two dugouts. No cover for spectators unfortunately given the constant misty drizzle we are seeing in Cornwall at the moment,

The background of your photo is of Roche Rock, which does have some interesting stories associated with it Wikipedia isn't a good place to start for once, have a look at http://www.forteantimes.com/features/fortean_traveller/89/roche_rock_cornwall_uk.html
  • edited September 2013
    i'm back at work tomorrow at 6, boy away staying with my wee brother so just gonna chill wi the mrs an play some poker,watch my coupon get bust and see wot i fancy in the gold cup today aswell.
  • edited September 2013
    Khubala 14/1 will win the gold cup
  • edited September 2013
    I'm having a quiet weekend as I've just had a shoulder op and can't do much, this is not a moan as now it's sorted and I should be fully fit again in a few weeks. In the meantime I shall be mostly watching sport on telly and playing a little bit of poker.

It would be nice to get a bit of Omaha High Low cash going at some stage, Tikay?

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • edited September 2013
    think i'm gonna take jack dexter 9/1 in the gold cup and my outside bet will be loverman currently 22/1
  • edited September 2013
    I'm having a quiet weekend as I've just had a shoulder op and can't do much, this is not a moan as now it's sorted and I should be fully fit again in a few weeks. In the meantime I shall be mostly watching sport on telly and playing a little bit of poker. It would be nice to get a bit of Omaha High Low cash going at some stage, Tikay? Have a good weekend everyone!
    Posted by Enut
    Funny you should say that. Just started a 5p-10p PLO8 Table, 5 players already, & opened another Table, just me on that at the mo. Am doing better on the empty table.

Will play again tonight, too.  

• edited September 2013
    Mostly work this weekend (as most weekends actually!), although it is from home as it's via interwebs. However will take some time for a slice of F1. Tikay what do you fancy betting wise? I've got a little bit on Vettel doing the triple (Pole, Win, Fastest) via the Sky Bets.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Funny you should say that. Just started a 5p-10p PLO8 Table, 5 players already, & opened another Table, just me on that at the mo. Am doing better on the empty table.   Will play again tonight, too.  
    Posted by tikay1
    I will certainly try and play a it now and maybe also later on. I am however using the mouse left handed so take pity on me and expect some strange bet sizing!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : I will certainly try and play a it now and maybe also later on. I am however using the mouse left handed so take pity on me and expect some strange bet sizing!
    Posted by Enut
    I am left-handed but there's no way I could do that!

Get well soon.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : Was that Barbara Jackson?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yep
  • edited September 2013
    well after reading the love on this thread it has too be lover man and also a small bet on heavens guest both each way p.s hope all have a good weekend :@)
  • edited September 2013
    started my new job yesterday so i'm knackered today

got my kids until tomorrow dinner time then i go and play the league poker final at Bury Poker Club at 1pm
  • edited September 2013
    started my new job yesterday so i'm knackered today got my kids until tomorrow dinner time then i go and play the league poker final at Bury Poker Club at 1pm
    Posted by 1281
    Doing what, bud? Anything to do with concrete?
  • edited September 2013
    well after reading the love on this thread it has too be lover man and also a small bet on heavens guest both each way p.s hope all have a good weekend :@)
    Posted by churchy18

Very apt!

Hope one of them wins.

Think we have had 4 horses put up for that race now. I'll add Mass Rally (20/1) & Tropics (12/1).

No aftertiming.......

You have a great weekend, too.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The weekend is here - enjoy! : I will certainly try and play a it now and maybe also later on. I am however using the mouse left handed so take pity on me and expect some strange bet sizing!
    Posted by Enut
    Hope to see you later then, I'll be back on this evening.

Well done on that call with the bad flush, to chop the pot, we both booked a profit as we were three way to the turn. I LOVE 3 Way Pots in PLO8! I had the nut low
    (unbreakable) & a bad High, so I am ALWAYS going to pile the pressure on there, as I can nick the lot if your hand cant stand a raise. Good call. 

I ran incredibly good & made 3 Buy-Ins, aided in great part by one monsta pot where I got a bit lucky, especially as one player was trying to win one end only so we were both freerolling him. 

Maybe see you later, & I'll doubtless lose today's profit!

• edited September 2013
    Mostly work this weekend (as most weekends actually!), although it is from home as it's via interwebs. However will take some time for a slice of F1. Tikay what do you fancy betting wise? I've got a little bit on Vettel doing the triple (Pole, Win, Fastest) via the Sky Bets.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Not had any bets on this weekend's race, no, I find F1 very hard to be profitable on, except for occasional "Safety Car - Yes/No" coups.

I am on Vettel for the Drivers Championship at 8/5 though, placed last November, for a small sum. Think he is 1/33 now. Ooohhhh. I saved on Hamilton, too, so looking pretty good right now, fingers crossed.

Good luck with the Vettel Hat Trick!
  • edited September 2013
    think i'm gonna take jack dexter 9/1 in the gold cup and my outside bet will be loverman currently 22/1
    Posted by scwuffy54
    Two more for the list.

We'll have the whole field covered between us soon. ;)

Any more for the 3.45 Ayr?
  • edited September 2013
    Khubala 14/1 will win the gold cup
    Posted by shuv

Note WILL not "might"!

Good luck shuv.

Another one added to the list.