You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post

edited March 2014 in Betting Chat
Had my 1st bet Champagne Fever 6/1 in the Arkle. Quite often very few runners go to post in this with much chance. Can see this being very short on the day.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Don't think he could have done it any better. Jumped v well apart from the 2nd last. Good to see Mullins indicate going down the Arkle path. Esp' as still licking my wounds re Dynaste last year. Backed it single, but also in doubles and a treble with Simsonsig (Ryanair) and Quevago (Mares). 
  • edited November 2013
    good luck neil.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post:
    good luck neil.
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks a Terry. See if we can keep this Cheltenham Ante Post Thread going and everyone can add their fancies. I'm defo gonna be backing Simonsig before it has it's 1st run this season
  • edited November 2013
    Heres a few of my ante post fancys at this early stage

In the supreme ive got the liquidator 14/1 & Dubai Prince 25/1

Only backed dubai prince after todays run, beat total trees but was top class on the flat & liked the way it jumped today, will be good to see how he goes uped in class

In the champion Hurricane Fly 6/1 & Our Conor 5/1 can never not back the fly at chelt, backed him every year a real favourite of mine..And hard not to be impressed with the way our conor breezed up in the triumph...Wasnt impressed atall with hurricane flys comeback run, but hes sure to be only 80% at this stage, he could be on the decline but im keeping the faith.

Also like Simonsig & Dynaste to win ANY race at cheltenham at 4/1 & 8/1, as joesman knows, theres nothing worse than backing a horse big for a race, then the trainer sending it for another race..These 2 are sure to have 2/3 options at the festival, so im backing these 2 at a slightly reduced price with abit of insurance..
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : Thanks a Terry. See if we can keep this Cheltenham Ante Post Thread going and everyone can add their fancies. I'm defo gonna be backing Simonsig before it has it's 1st run this season
    Posted by joesman1
    Im sure we can keep thread going although as you know I am not a great lover of ante post, prices not good enough with what can happen.

• edited November 2013
    who wins the champion hurdle in march? i cant make my mind up and no doubt my tent or yours, our connor jezki and the new one will all chop and change as fav threw out the year, place money at best for hurricane fly come march and thats not a knee jurk reaction to its comeback run i just think these 4 i mention are superstars in the making.
  • edited November 2013
    who wins the champion hurdle in march? i cant make my mind up and no doubt my tent or yours, our connor jezki and the new one will all chop and change as fav threw out the year, place money at best for hurricane fly come march and thats not a knee jurk reaction to its comeback run i just think these 4 i mention are superstars in the making.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    The New One.... My Tent Or Yours I see being a flat track bully. ie: hose up at Aintree
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : The New One.... My Tent Or Yours I see being a flat track bully. ie: hose up at Aintree
    Posted by joesman1
    agree The New One or if he continues to improve Melodic Rendezvous. We will know more after Fighting Fifth
  • edited November 2013
    Maybe I should re-name this thread Wilie Mullins stable Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post bets. Placed another one this morning, topped it up after it's win today, Ballycasey ew RSA Chase 25/1 pre, 16/1 post race. Think its obvious Mullins is gonna keep this one and Champagne Fever apart. Ballycasey stays longer than the Mother-in-law!!! 
  • edited November 2013
    Liking Simonsig even more for the Ryanair after Cue Cards win yesterday. Gonna be very hard for the Tizzards to resist the Gold Cup route now. So I'm thinking of adding that win only to my portfolio, then an ew Lucky 15 treble odds one winner only on:- Champagne Fever (Arkle) 4/1 The New One (Champ Hurdle) 4/1 Simonsig (Ryanair) 5/1 and either At Fishers Cross 4/1 (Stayers  Hurdle) or Ballycasey (RSA) 16/1
  • edited November 2013
    At Fishers Cross 4/1 (World hurdle) (CORALS)

Thought I would take the price now,as he is running next Saturday(being ridden by Barry Geraghty)

I will also have a bet e/w on Countrywde Flame (E/W) if he is declared to run in the world hurdle at Cheltenham.
  • edited November 2013
    At Fishers Cross 4/1 (World hurdle) (CORALS) Thought I would take the price now,as he is running next Saturday(being ridden by Barry Geraghty) I will also have a bet e/w on Countrywde Flame (E/W) if he is declared to run in the world hurdle at Cheltenham.
    Posted by wynne1938

No chance of beating me neighhhhhhhhhh
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : No chance of beating me neighhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by Big_Bucks
    Lol nice one
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : No chance of beating me neighhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by Big_Bucks
    lol.

Snoopy Loopy will thrash you all.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : lol. Snoopy Loopy will thrash you all.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thats a blast from the past Doh
  • edited November 2013

My pick for world hurdle would be GEMIX, thrashed solwit (last years world hurdle winner), by 8l on last start in france, and first try over 3m, was reciving 5lb from solwit that day, but looked winner well over 1m out and stayed very strong at the finish.

This horse does need very soft ground, so risky to back ante post, but if ground is soft/heavy on the day and runs will be hard to beat.

Big Bucks if fit will be warm favorite, but will he keep injury free this year?
    At Fishers Cross, had great novice campain last year, but will he be a world champion??  Unsure myself!!

Gl if having a bet

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : Thats a blast from the past Doh
    Posted by vaigret
    My fave horse ever after I had some money on him @ something like 40/1 if I recall correctly in a big race where Kuato Star fell at the last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ImY25QVhMc

That's the last 30 seconds of the race ^^^^

Snoopy Loopy always looked knackered after half a mile but kept running and running!

I reckon he'd still beat all the picks in this thread on his horsey zimmerframe ! :D
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : My fave horse ever after I had some money on him @ something like 40/1 if I recall correctly in a big race where Kuato Star fell at the last. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ImY25QVhMc That's the last 30 seconds of the race ^^^^ Snoopy Loopy always looked knackered after half a mile but kept running and running! I reckon he'd still beat all the picks in this thread on his horsey zimmerframe ! :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Doh you are priceless and just what I wanted you to say as I tipped that horse on this site.

As I dont get many winners nowadays you have made an old man happy.

Thanks for the memory.
  • edited November 2013
    Cheltenham Champion Hurdle

My Tent Or Yours 6/1
  • edited December 2013
    Cheltenham Champion Hurdle My Tent Or Yours 6/1
    Posted by wynne1938
    GOOD CALL WYNNE,BUT AS A.P. SAID YESTERDAY "HOW CAN HE BE THE SAME PRICE AS A HORSE THAT'S WON 10 GRADE 1 RACES I.E. HURRICANE FLY.
  • edited December 2013
    Cheltenham Gold cup:

Sir Des Champs 6/1

Flemenstar 33/1
  • edited December 2013
    Big bucks 3/1 World Hurdle win only. If he gets there in 1 piece and fit, no doubt will be 6/4 or shorter. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post:
    Had my 1st bet Champagne Fever 6/1 in the Arkle. Quite often very few runners go to post in this with much chance. Can see this being very short on the day.
    Posted by joesman1
    Just hope I don't have another Dynaste situation here. The acca I put this horse in has come up (weeks ago) so all riding on this fella @ 6/1. A nice breeze round Leaperdstown on Boxing Day might see it 2/1 and less. Surely after winning the Bumper and Supreme, Mullins won't step it up in trip? He has plenty of other bullets to fire at the staying novice chase events. Ballycasey etc.... 
  • edited December 2013
    Don't think he could have done it any better. Jumped v well apart from the 2nd last. Good to see Mullins indicate going down the Arkle path. Esp' as still licking my wounds re Dynaste last year. Backed it single, but also in doubles and a treble with Simsonsig (Ryanair) and Quevago (Mares). 
    Posted by joesman1
    What were the other ones you had Cf with cos you wont get winnings from this now Simonsig ruled out for season
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : What were the other ones you had Cf with cos you wont get winnings from this now Simonsig ruled out for season
    Posted by vaigret
    Yep the above bet u are refering to is goosed if they dont both win. Let me see if i can cut/paste my acca bet to this thread. I put a few shorties in with it over a w/e in mid November, just before CF's 1st novice chase. 

I know you will think I was/still am mad..... But this was the one horse i wanted to be on for this years festival. I knew it was going down the novice chase route, and MTOY and Jezki were sticking to hurdles. And these three were head and shoulders above every other 2 mile novice hurdler - Our Connor apart - last season. 
  • edited December 2013
    As u know Terry i usually keep my stakes private. But i felt the need to show i wasn't bull shi@@ing lol
  • edited December 2013
    https://c.ppstatic.com/img/bvi/sprites/myaccount.png') !important; background-position: 0px -239px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important">

BET RECEIPT NUMBER : O/22659354/0001715

SelectionSelection DetailsResult
    Horse Racing
    CHELTENHAM
    12:40 TRIUMPH HURDLE TRIAL (GRADE 2) 2m 0f 110y
    16th of Nov 2013 12:40 pm
    Win or E/W
    Royal Irish Hussar @ 11/10 (GP)

Win

Horse Racing
    CHELTENHAM
    Arkle Trophy 2014
    11th of March 2014 2:05 pm
    Win or E/W
    Champagne Fever @ 6/1

Pending

Golf
    DP World Tour Championship
    Round 3 2 Ball - Blixt/Rose
    16th of Nov 2013 08:20 am
    2 Balls (Draw No Bet)
    Justin Rose @ 1/2

Win

Darts
    PDC Grand Slam of Darts
    PDC Grand Slam of Darts 2013
    17th of Nov 2013 2:43 pm
    Outright Betting
    Phil Taylor @ 4/9

Win

Stake and Return Details
    Bet placed at16th of Nov 2013 03:34 amTotal Stake£500.00
    Bet typeAccumulator (4) (To Win)Tax@Tax free0
    Number of lines1Total stake due£500.00
    Stake per line£500.00Freebets Redeemed£0.00
    ChanneliPadTotal amount paid£500.00
    Number of win lines-  
    Potential Returns£15,925.00
  • edited December 2013
    https://c.ppstatic.com/img/bvi/sprites/myaccount.png ') !important; background-position: 0px -239px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important"> BET RECEIPT NUMBER : O/22659354/0001715 Selection Selection Details Result 1 Horse Racing CHELTENHAM 12:40 TRIUMPH HURDLE TRIAL (GRADE 2) 2m 0f 110y 16th of Nov 2013 12:40 pm Win or E/W Royal Irish Hussar @ 11/10 (GP)     Win   Selection Selection Details Result 2 Horse Racing CHELTENHAM Arkle Trophy 2014 11th of March 2014 2:05 pm Win or E/W Champagne Fever @ 6/1     Pending   Selection Selection Details Result 3 Golf DP World Tour Championship Round 3 2 Ball - Blixt/Rose 16th of Nov 2013 08:20 am 2 Balls (Draw No Bet) Justin Rose @ 1/2     Win   Selection Selection Details Result 4 Darts PDC Grand Slam of Darts PDC Grand Slam of Darts 2013 17th of Nov 2013 2:43 pm Outright Betting Phil Taylor @ 4/9     Win   Stake and Return Details Bet placed at 16th of Nov 2013 03:34 am Total Stake £500.00 Bet type Accumulator (4) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0 Number of lines 1 Total stake due £500.00 Stake per line £500.00 Freebets Redeemed £0.00 Channel iPad Total amount paid £500.00 Number of win lines -     Potential Returns £15,925.00
    Posted by joesman1
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2013
    At Fishers Cross 4/1 (World hurdle) (CORALS) Thought I would take the price now,as he is running next Saturday(being ridden by Barry Geraghty) I will also have a bet e/w on Countrywde Flame (E/W) if he is declared to run in the world hurdle at Cheltenham.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Country wide Flame has been retired due to degenerative bones.
    Countrywide Flame retired due to degenerative bones
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by wynne1938
    I have had another bet on "At Fishers Cross" @ 12/1 with Skybet.