You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post:
    https://c.ppstatic.com/img/bvi/sprites/myaccount.png ') !important; background-position: 0px -239px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important"> BET RECEIPT NUMBER : O/22659354/0001715 Selection Selection Details Result 1 Horse Racing CHELTENHAM 12:40 TRIUMPH HURDLE TRIAL (GRADE 2) 2m 0f 110y 16th of Nov 2013 12:40 pm Win or E/W Royal Irish Hussar @ 11/10 (GP)     Win   Selection Selection Details Result 2 Horse Racing CHELTENHAM Arkle Trophy 2014 11th of March 2014 2:05 pm Win or E/W Champagne Fever @ 6/1     Pending   Selection Selection Details Result 3 Golf DP World Tour Championship Round 3 2 Ball - Blixt/Rose 16th of Nov 2013 08:20 am 2 Balls (Draw No Bet) Justin Rose @ 1/2     Win   Selection Selection Details Result 4 Darts PDC Grand Slam of Darts PDC Grand Slam of Darts 2013 17th of Nov 2013 2:43 pm Outright Betting Phil Taylor @ 4/9     Win   Stake and Return Details Bet placed at 16th of Nov 2013 03:34 am Total Stake £500.00 Bet type Accumulator (4) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0 Number of lines 1 Total stake due £500.00 Stake per line £500.00 Freebets Redeemed £0.00 Channel iPad Total amount paid £500.00 Number of win lines -     Potential Returns £15,925.00
    Posted by joesman1

wow hope it wins for ya mate, the best of british to ya!!! 

i personally have no clue on how to lay bets online etc, you most likely do but if you dont theres a guy called pokernoon who has poker diary in pokerchat, his job is a trader on betfair, he could maybe give you a bit of advice if you need it of course!!!

• edited December 2013
    Il let it go til it gets down to 6/4 - evens. Then I'll lay enough to get approx 2k back. And cheers Rocks
  • edited December 2013
    Hi mate good luck to you , really hope it comes up. Nothing wrong with picking champagne Fever I think nailed on at Festival, just worry which race for you. Good news is the feeling is that Mullins will send Felix Younger tthe Jewson route and fever the Arkle race.

By the way Hills are offering 11-4 for champagne to win any race at the festival. Looks a brilliant bet and was 5-1 a few weeks ago.

Sad to see Chatterbox put down and Flame retired as well.
  • edited December 2013
    As you all know dont like ante post bets but at least have taken the Dynaste situation out of the equation by opening account with hills and betting on horses to win at 2014 Festival.

Have done

Champagne Fever 11-4
    Annie Power 4-1
    Felix Younger 5-1
    Faugheen 6-1
    The Liquidator 8-1

Hoping one or two of these will win at festival and hopefully at skinier prices.

Please stay injury free boys and girls.
  • edited December 2013
    As you all know dont like ante post bets but at least have taken the Dynaste situation out of the equation by opening account with hills and betting on horses to win at 2014 Festival. Have done Champagne Fever 11-4 Annie Power 4-1 Felix Younger 5-1 Faugheen 6-1 The Liquidator 8-1 Hoping one or two of these will win at festival and hopefully at skinier prices. Please stay injury free boys and girls.
    Posted by vaigret
    Very sensible approach Terry. Defo agree re CF 11/4 any race. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : Good luck!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Cheers Mr Wynne
  • edited December 2013
    Well after Terry's dip into the festival. I've just placed the following Lucky15 ew. Gone with Ladbrokes because the four prices combined are much better with them. But unlike Terry, I'm not sensible. I've picked two horses with multiple opportunities. As a result I'm getting juicier prices. Just hoping I've picked the race I think the trainer (Mullins both times) will target. Put the bet on today because two of the horses running over Xmas.

The New One - 3/1 Champion Hurdle (if it beats MTOY on B' Day on a course better suited to MTOY will defo go shorter).

Ballycasey   -   12/1 RSA Chase (defo be targeted at the RSA as was running over 3 miles in PTP's as a 4 year old).

Big Bucks    -   11/4 World Hurdle (if it gets to the start line prob be 1/1 or thereabouts).

Briar Hill     -    8/1 Albert Bartlett (think Mullins will target this as he looks a thorough stayer, again ran over 3 miles in PTP's as a 4 year old, powered up the hill in last years Bumper, and Mullins has speedier types for the other novice hurdle races).
  • edited December 2013
    FABULOUS!!! Just FABULOUS!!! - I've been done again. Just watched Mullins on ATR, more or less said he's gonna go down Felix Younger for the Arkle, and Champagne Fever the longer trip route. Says CF got the pace for the Arkle, but he knows he wouldn't be allowed to bowl along in front. That in turn possibly effects my Lucky 15 bet, re Ballycasey. Grrrrrrrr
  • edited January 2014
    Just bumped up my money on Annie Power

10-1 to win champion hurdle Non runner no bet EW
  • edited January 2014
    Just bumped up my money on Annie Power 10-1 to win champion hurdle Non runner no bet EW
    Posted by vaigret

Gl Terry, u sure u are on the right race? Can't see Mullins wanting to beat The Fly with one of his own. U know the right race to target is The Mares!! Now that would make a race of it!! 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : Gl Terry, u sure u are on the right race? Can't see Mullins wanting to beat The Fly with one of his own. U know the right race to target is The Mares!! Now that would make a race of it!! 
    Posted by joesman1
    Doesn't really matter with non runer no bet and I think they think this horse is too good to go for the mares which they will win with Quevega anyway. Ruby suggested they would go the old course route and that means very likely the champion Hurdle. Mullins appears to have all the good horses so he has to take his own on somewhere at Cheltenham and with different owners for the Fly and Annie I reckon it could be both for Champion. will be interesting which one Ruby picks.

They might also go World which she is only 5-1 for and I already have her at 4-1 to win any race so the one point difference not worth lumping on.

Happy with my 4-1 any race and the bet for the champion. Just got to hope she gets there in one piece now.
  • edited January 2014
    Cheltenham Gold cup: Sir Des Champs 6/1 Flemenstar 33/1
    Posted by wynne1938
    Speaking at Fairyhouse on Wednesday, Martin said: "We're still icing and hosing Flemenstar's tendon but I would say it is unlikely that he will run again this season. We're probably going to have to give him plenty of time."
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : Speaking at Fairyhouse on Wednesday, Martin said: "We're still icing and hosing Flemenstar's tendon but I would say it is unlikely that he will run again this season. We're probably going to have to give him plenty of time."
    Posted by wynne1938
    yes looks like another out for season
  • edited January 2014
    Cheltenham Gold cup: Sir Des Champs 6/1 Flemenstar 33/1
    Posted by wynne1938
    ON THE day Bryan Cooper was announced as retained rider by Gigginstown House Stud it was revealed that Sir Des Champs, his new employer's shortest-priced runner in the Cheltenham ante-post markets, will miss the Festival with a tendon injury.

Another one bites the Dust!
  • edited January 2014
    wow falling like flies
  • edited January 2014
    Found W Mullins website tonight and emailed him lol..... I was bored.... Anyway I told him I didn't expect a response, but I asked him to re-consider his thought process re CF for the Jewson now instead of the Arkle. 
  • edited January 2014
    ISPOT ON WYNNE-COULDN'T AGREE MORE.n Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post:
    Cheltenham Champion Hurdle My Tent Or Yours 6/1
    Posted by wynne1938
  • edited January 2014
    APOLOGIES AS THIS IS NOT RE ANTE-POST.
    READ PAGE 26 OF TODAY'S RP (CLASSIFIEDS).
    B/B ACCOMODATION IN TOWN CENTRE @ £55 PPPN.
    FOR FESTIVAL WEEK-THAT IS PRETTY REASONABLE-MUST ADMIT I'M TEMPTED.
  • edited January 2014
    BRIAN COOPER REPLAING DAVY RUSSELL WITH CHELTENHAM JUST ROUND THE CORNER.
    GOOD AS HE IS,I'M NOT SURE.
    WONDER HOW DAVY UPSET THE RYANAIR BOSS -LOL
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : I have had another bet on "At Fishers Cross" @ 12/1 with Skybet.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Cheltenham 3.35 8/1 (25/1/14) 2nd

In rear, jumped slowly 5th, hit 8th, headway from 2 out, chased leaders and closing last, stayed on gamely under pressure final 150yds, closing on winner last strides, just failed (op 7/1)
  • edited January 2014

HURRICANE FLY  CHAMPION HURDLE  3/1

ANNIE POWER     MARES       HURDLE  6/1 

QUEVEGA           WORLD      HURDLE  7/1

• edited January 2014
         HURRICANE FLY  CHAMPION HURDLE  3/1    ANNIE POWER     MARES       HURDLE  6/1     QUEVEGA           WORLD      HURDLE  7/1                                                                                                                                    
    Posted by daphne56
    Sorry Daphne, I'm not the best giving advice on Cheltenham Ante Post bets (Dynaste last year and Champagne Fever I fear this year).... But there's NO WAY that I can see Quevega not being allowed to defend her title again if fit. 
  • edited January 2014
    For the sake of my acca... I hope I'm about to see Felix Yonger hammered
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : Sorry Daphne, I'm not the best giving advice on Cheltenham Ante Post bets (Dynaste last year and Champagne Fever I fear this year).... But there's NO WAY that I can see Quevega not being allowed to defend her title again if fit. 
    Posted by joesman1
     i can see your point but annie power is causing a problem at the moment. if annie goes for champion problem solved. if not world cannot see that so it will be mares or wait for aintree. i think the mares race looks a little better this year last year was quevega;s hardest win i think her 3 mile form could be good enough to beat big bucks in world hurdle    
  • edited January 2014
    For the sake of my acca... I hope I'm about to see Felix Yonger hammered
    Posted by joesman1
    Ok I've re watched the race.... Felix Yonger struggled throughout the race at the pace it was run. Only staying on when it was over. Champagne Fever would have had no such problems, having won The Bumper and Supreme at the festival.

IF he hadn't made that terrible blunder 3 out at Xmas, I don't think we would be having this debate, CF would be Arkle bound. Come on Mullins, see sense and have 2nd thoughts and re route CF back to the Arkle. Hopefully CF will fade after the last in the JP Moriarty (2m 5f) in Feb, and force Mullins hand anyway. 
  • edited January 2014

CHAMPAGNE FEVER emerged from the weekend in a stronger position at the head of the Racing Post Arkle market despite not setting foot on a racecourse and his trainer Willie Mullins is edging towards the 2m contest for his dual Cheltenham Festival winner. 

Paddy Power cut Champagne Fever, winner of the Champion Bumper in 2012 and the Supreme Novices's Hurdle last year, to 5-1 (from 7) for the Arkle while he is 4-1 (from 9-2) with William Hill and Ladbrokes and 9-2 (from 5) with bet365.

Felix Yonger, who finished second to Trifolium in the Irish Arkle at Leopardstown, was pushed out to a general 10-1 (from 7) for the Racing Post Arkle while stablemate Mozoltov is 20-1 (from 16) for the same race after finishing third at Leopardstown.

Assessing his runners, Mullins told At The Races: "I don't think Felix Yonger likes that [heavy] ground. He's a good ground horse. I remember when he first came from Howard Johnson's that he was one of the best athletes.

"Mozoltov ran a cracker on only his second start over fences. Both will go up in trip now as they both want two and a half miles.

"Champagne Fever runs next in the Dr PJ Moriarty Chase over two miles five [furlongs] on February 9. Ruby [Walsh] is fairly keen to bring him back to two miles for the Arkle

• edited January 2014
    Yay!!!! Wd Ruby Walsh!!! He's seen sense.

Hey if it loses, so be it. Just want a run for my money. 
  • edited January 2014
    Yay!!!! Wd Ruby Walsh!!! He's seen sense. Hey if it loses, so be it. Just want a run for my money. 
    Posted by joesman1
    ????????
  • edited January 2014
    bet of the meeting for me is hurricane fly 3/1
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : ????????
    Posted by vaigret
    Yes Terry, what u ???? Ing about mate?