You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post:
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : ????????
    Posted by vaigret
    The above extract was cut and pasted from The Racing Post online, and is what Mullins is supposed to have said to Reporters. 
  • edited January 2014
    bet of the meeting for me is hurricane fly 3/1
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I still fancy The New One Mr Donk. 
  • edited January 2014
    Happy being on the fly at 6/1, its the only one of my ante post bets i am happy about the rest look wasted £££££££..Wouldnt be backing alot now though, its best to wait all the firms try to better each other in cheltenham week, i remember last year corals went evens sprinter sacre...even tho it was only for £20 was still buying money..2 prices that still do look big are in the fox hunters, salsify 6/1 and on the fringe 8/1.

Also that Faugheen in the neptune looks like mullins future machine

roll on cheltenham!  cant wait for the champion hurdle, looking like one of the best races in many years if all the fancied runners turn up
  • edited January 2014
    Happy being on the fly at 6/1, its the only one of my ante post bets i am happy about the rest look wasted £££££££..Wouldnt be backing alot now though, its best to wait all the firms try to better each other in cheltenham week, i remember last year corals went evens sprinter sacre...even tho it was only for £20 was still buying money..2 prices that still do look big are in the fox hunters, salsify 6/1 and on the fringe 8/1. Also that Faugheen in the neptune looks like mullins future machine roll on cheltenham!  cant wait for the champion hurdle, looking like one of the best races in many years if all the fancied runners turn up
    Posted by moonooo
    I remember Salsify was luckiest winner ever last year. 6/1 fair price though, if no 'new kids on the block' don't switch from NH. Agree re Faugheen, I just hope for the sake of my L15 he keeps him to the Neptune, and Briars Hill for the Albert Bartlett. 
  • edited January 2014
    Yea i needed salsify to complete my treble last year, couldnt of been happier lol..the luck was with me that day and against oscar delta..Judging on the bfair markets, faugheen is sure to line up in the neptune, but trying to second guess mullins is a true nightmare
  • edited January 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-Zm1me1Es

theres a good video that sums up last years cheltenham lol
  • edited January 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-Zm1me1Es theres a good video that sums up last years cheltenham lol
    Posted by moonooo
    That IS  hilarious!!!!!
  • edited January 2014
    i missed the bit in bold, which was the important bit . got it now.
  • edited January 2014
    Yea i needed salsify to complete my treble last year, couldnt of been happier lol..the luck was with me that day and against oscar delta..Judging on the bfair markets, faugheen is sure to line up in the neptune, but trying to second guess mullins is a true nightmare
    Posted by moonooo
    me too moonooo two lucky trebles landed
  • edited January 2014
    My horses to win any race still look half decent
    Have done

Champagne Fever 11-4
    Annie Power 4-1
    Felix Younger 5-1
    Faugheen 6-1
    The Liquidator 8-1

Hoping one or two of these will win at festival and hopefully at skinier prices.

Please stay injury free boys and girls.

Just got to hope for better ground for Felix and The Liquidator now.
  • edited January 2014
    My horses to win any race still look half decent Have done Champagne Fever 11-4 Annie Power 4-1 Felix Younger 5-1 Faugheen 6-1 The Liquidator 8-1 Hoping one or two of these will win at festival and hopefully at skinier prices. Please stay injury free boys and girls. Just got to hope for better ground for Felix and The Liquidator now.
    Posted by vaigret
    Yep looking good Terry. CF will defo go off shorter. Felix would have every chance in The Jewson. I can honestly see Faugheen going off shorter than 2/1. The only problem with AP is the rumour that she may be held back for Aintree, so not to clash with The Fly and Quevega.

Gl mate
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival 2014 Ante Post : Yep looking good Terry. CF will defo go off shorter. Felix would have every chance in The Jewson. I can honestly see Faugheen going off shorter than 2/1. The only problem with AP is the rumour that she may be held back for Aintree, so not to clash with The Fly and Quevega. Gl mate
    Posted by joesman1
    Annie Power is the best hurdler he has and I dont see Richie Rich letting her miss Cheltenham. HOPEFULLY
  • edited January 2014
    Just 1 bet for me so far, Snoopy Loopy to win the gold cup @ 50/1

Couldn't find him on any of the bookies lists so took 50/1 that my mate offered me, only a quid.

gl all with your bets
  • edited February 2014
    Terry have u seen the footage from the after racing gallop at Leopardstown from Mullins troops on ATR yet?? CF pulling double compared to Ballycasey and Prince De Beauchamp... 2 miles Mullins.... 2 Miles!!! LOL.....
  • edited February 2014
    Terry have u seen the footage from the after racing gallop at Leopardstown from Mullins troops on ATR yet?? CF pulling double compared to Ballycasey and Prince De Beauchamp... 2 miles Mullins.... 2 Miles!!! LOL.....
    Posted by joesman1
    no mate but read about it
  • edited February 2014
    Interesting they have chosen Ballycasey to run tomorrow. Hopefully the 12/1 I've got for the RSA will look good after he's run.
  • edited February 2014
    Interesting they have chosen Ballycasey to run tomorrow. Hopefully the 12/1 I've got for the RSA will look good after he's run.
    Posted by joesman1
    Run good continues today. That was impressive and now defo RSA bound. And Mullins more or less said CF Arkle bound. That's all we ask for as punters, a run for our money. 
  • edited February 2014
    Mullins squad of horses this year is so strong..Just seen the price on him getting more than 4 winners is 11/8, looks one of the better 11/8 shots to me..Not hard to see him getting four winners on day 1! then he has faugheen, annie power, hes sure to have the fav in the bumper along with at least 2 more runners, briar hill, felix younger, ballycasey & many more in the big handicaps
  • edited February 2014
    ill be looking out for carry on sydney if his owner decide to put him in which i believe he is thoughts anyone on this one
  • edited February 2014
    Cheltenham Champion Hurdle My Tent Or Yours 6/1
    Posted by wynne1938
    Kempton 4.40 My Tent Or Yours 2/9 (16/2/14)Winner

Travelled strongly in mid-division, headway on bridle 4f out, went 2nd well over 3f out, led on bit over 2f out, nudged along entering final furlong, easily (op 1/6)
  • edited February 2014

CHAMPION CHASE favourite Sprinter Sacre will not run at the Cheltenham Festival, trainer Nicky Henderson has told the Racing Post.

Henderson said Sprinter Sacre worked on Saturday with stablemate and Hennessy Gold Cup winner Triolo D'Alene but "is not showing the same brilliance as he did last season".

• edited February 2014
    im starting to get a bit excited now with only 2 weeks to go come tuesday so ive had a cheeky £50.00 on irivng @ 3/1 in the supreme novices hurdle, this things a total beast in my book so will most likely back again on the day.
  • edited February 2014

RATHVINDEN  20/1

ALBERT BARTLETT

FRIDAY
  • edited March 2014
    Dubai Prince 50/1 (Supreme)
    Big Shu 4/1 (Cross Country)
    Smad Place 7/1 (RSA Chase)

Silver Concorde 14/1 (Champion Bumper)
    Pearl Castle 16/1 (Triumph)
    Briar Hill 4/1(Albert Bartlett)
    Apache Jack 20/1 (Albert Bartlett0
    Aalim 14/1 9Fred Winter)

• edited March 2014
    IT WAS confirmed on Sunday night that Annie Power will take on four-time Ladbrokes World Hurdle champion Big Buck's at Cheltenham in 11 days' time, when she will be ridden by Ruby Walsh, who rode Big Buck's to all of his festival victories.

Quickly had a bet on Quevega @4/5 with William Hill.
    (Now that Annie Power has been allocated a spot, Quevega's price will drop,as Annie Power was entered in the Mare's hurdle)
  • edited March 2014
    I'm liking my ew L15 I placed on Boxing Day. Being greedy I also placed an ew acca, and a 2nd ew acca, but equally divided. Amazing that they all look to be going in one piece, AND running in the right race for me. 

Well after Terry's dip into the festival. I've just placed the following Lucky15 ew. Gone with Ladbrokes because the four prices combined are much better with them. But unlike Terry, I'm not sensible. I've picked two horses with multiple opportunities. As a result I'm getting juicier prices. Just hoping I've picked the race I think the trainer (Mullins both times) will target. Put the bet on today because two of the horses running over Xmas.

The New One - 3/1 Champion Hurdle (if it beats MTOY on B' Day on a course better suited to MTOY will defo go shorter).

Ballycasey   -   12/1 RSA Chase (defo be targeted at the RSA as was running over 3 miles in PTP's as a 4 year old).

Big Bucks    -   11/4 World Hurdle (if it gets to the start line prob be 1/1 or thereabouts).

Briar Hill     -    8/1 Albert Bartlett (think Mullins will target this as he looks a thorough stayer, again ran over 3 miles in PTP's as a 4 year old, powered up the hill in last years Bumper, and Mullins has speedier types for the other novice hurdle races).
  • edited March 2014
    Goes without saying, if I was allowed just the one winner next week it would be Champagne Fever for reasons only too obvious. Just let it go from the front Ruby and grind them down ala last years Supreme Novice. Tbh there's only Rock On Ruby who can match its form over the smaller obstacles. 
  • edited March 2014
    Cheltenham Champion Hurdle My Tent Or Yours 6/1
    Posted by wynne1938

MY TENT OR YOURS has sustained a "little puncture wound" in one of his feet but the injury is not expected to prevent him from running in the Stan James Champion Hurdle next week, trainer Nicky Henderson said on Tuesday. 10 hours agoMore

Have had a saver on Hurricane Fly @11/4
  • edited March 2014
    Have had a hedging bet in the gold cup!

Bob's Worth 2/1
    Silviniaco Conti 3/1

(Looks as though Cue card is now doubtful for the gold cup!)