You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CraigSG1 Cash Diary and new goals. Starting BR £500. Current: £540

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Excellent progress, very well played, congrats on your success Craig. That mini downswing seems trivial already.

Good luck for the £33 game next week :)
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks Gary, I am certainly looking forward to the main event next Saturday. I will play the mini too and who knows, two wins and that £5000 can be mine. Will have to change my challange to a £10,000 target then.

Hey! We can all dream!

Day 24

Anyway, a little step back today. I played one £3.30BH this morning but nothing really happened. After 40 mins I did double up with AA but I was still below average. A few hands later I lost a bit of that when the player who doubled me up jammed his remaining stack, I called in the BB with KQ and he tabled AJ. I didnt improve and was back down again. A few orbits later I found an OK spot. An UTG shortie jammed for about 5BB (50/100) and then a very loose player just called in the SB. Holding A8o I went allin over the flat knowing I was probably ahead and would get called. He did, showing J9s and the UTG player had KK! Still in a good position to get chips the flop was all low but a 9 on the turn got me and out I went.

While I was playing though, I entered the 20 point £20FR turbo for a laugh. I quickly gathered a big stack and was also using all my run good to hit hands or outdraw opponents! I want this run in buyin tournies not freerolls! :) I made yet another final table 2nd in chips. When down to four handed and huge blinds I jammed Kd7h on the button and got called by the only player that could knock me out! He had AJo. Happy days on a K7x flop with two diamonds. A diamond J on the turn gave me the FD and him a pair. AN A on the river kicked me out! So, I took £1.50 from a tourny entered on the spare of the moment which at least payed for half my BH buyin.

I returned for an hour in the afternoon to play cash. Only lasted an hour as after a couple of early beats (lost a QQ v AQ allin and then a flopped set to a runner, runner flush against QQ allin on the turn) and from there I didnt play well. I quickly lost with AA allin on a 9 high board with no draws. He had top set and that just made it worse. I played every hand almost just playing badly. I then knocked it on the head when on a table I had already lost 2 buyins on I ran KK into AA and that just did it.

I finished £11 down and my cash confidence is shot. Im losing all the big pots at the moment or sharing them! A few times lately Ive hit nut hands only to be chopping which just adds to the frustration.

I think for now I will cut back and maybe look to play 2 tables at 5/10 when I'm a bit more stacked BR wise. I would like to play SNG's but they just dont fill up fast enough unless you play DYMs. I may play a few £2/3 version of these and see how things go. 

For now, i'll just enjoy my good weekend results and although its disapointing not to end on a high I still have to focus and realise I've done well. I know we all want to win every single time but thats not what happens in poker or life. Hopefully as this challange progresses I can keep a steady upward curve and that will help me settle and feel comfortable.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 25

Squeezed a couple of one hour cash sessions in today. I did want to stay away but its the only form which lets you start and finish when you want AND bump up your PP's.

Pleased to finish up on the day. I lost 93p at lucnh time but returned in the evening to record a profit of £6.06. 

BR £270.24  PP 278

As I've said before I would love to post some hands and get some feed back coming but I'm still suffering from the same HH problem. Tried in the Pokerchat section and Feedback section but had no response so far. Kind of feel ignored. Poor me! Anyone who does read this I would appreciate a quick hi just so I know someone is reading. Any criticisms welcome, I have thick skin. Living with my partner I have too! ;) 
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Craig, I'm reading, also replied to you other thread. Gl!
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Ikelly, thanks for saying hi and your other reply. Sorted it now, thanks!

Day 26

Just one quick 45 min session today, but a succesful one. Sadly I did have a few hands I could have discussed but I only found out at the end of my session how to fix my HH's. So, good news, some hands will be forth coming. The only thing I have to do is remember to copy them but i'll soon get into the swing of things.

The session did go well, finally getting paid on a couple of big hands and hitting two draws for allin pots. One was with AQhh against two very wide calling players on a J 7 4 two heard flop. After c-betting and getting a raise and a call I decided to 3 bet allin when my equity was best and still having fold equity with over cards, backdoor straight draw and of course nut flush draw. I got one caller with a set of 7's and managed to hit a heart and fade a pairing river to take it. Another good flop saw me call in the BB with A5dd a min bet that saw 2 other callers so four way to a Kh2d3d flop. Having the nut flush draw, over card and a gutshot to a straight AND straight FD I min small bet out hoping to either inflate the pot or get a raise. There was 2 callers and then the button raised big. Again with my equity at its highest I decided to shove over allin and got called by K3 which reduced my outs but after a blank turn a nice 2 gave me the straight and the pot.

I managed to get my big pairs to hold most of the time too, and I took a more pot cotrolling line allowing to keep my opponents bluffs in which I have not been doing lately. I've been betting big each street which is just folding out the hands I beat and only keeping in the hands that already beat me or have good equity. Its a fine line to ballance with the very loose nature of 4nl but you do tend to pick up on betting paterns and learn when your probably beat.

So, hopefully tomorrow I can put up a few hands if anything crops up and invite more interaction. Be well.

BR £277.78    PP 296
  • edited December 2013
    I lurk on most of the diaries without posting these days, good progress and enjoying the read keep up the good work.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 27

A strange day today. Feeling a little dissapointed at the moment but its an experiance that I will learn from. 

First up I played the £2.30BH but got nothing at all. Had three chances to gain bounties, lost a race for the first one and lost from infront the other two times. I did get a stack going but kept missing and eventually busted out. I did play the two FR for entry into tonights main event and ended up binking a seat!

Only having the one bullet I didnt expect to last but I played well and managed to slowly build a stack but always keeping just below average and unable to get into any big pots. I flopped one great hand (see below) but apart from that it was small ball. I played for over two and half hours and busted 60 places from the money when I 3 bet allin with K10s (my best hand for some time) with 15BB only to run into A10o. I know I could of folded but at the time I felt I needed to get back up into contention again but it wasnt to be. I was impressed with the structure though and definatley feel it lends itself to my game so hopefully the same will be said for the £33BH on saturday. It would have been a great boost to cash and maybe more and going out after all that time spent with nothing is a bit of a downer but overall I'm happy I played well and I know full well I can play these tournies eventually and do well.

I did play about 45 mins of cash as a bit of a diversion for a small profit of £1.40 and although I had a losing day I'm happy I played well and a nice little practice run for Saturday's main event. Remember, I intend to win both that and the mini to get the £5000 jackpot and prove how easy this game really is. 

OK, I'm still dreaming and I would be perfectly happy with one bounty but we have to aim big!!

BR £276.87  PP 304

Two hands below - one beautiful flop and one from 4nl.

Hand History #719563855 (21:47 11/12/2013)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    zakcougarSmall blind £0.02£0.02£6.16
    TheRat1Big blind £0.04£0.06£0.90
     Your hole cards
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="club">J
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="club">9

CraigSG1Call £0.04£0.10£3.44
    Lumo1978Raise £0.16£0.26£8.80
    https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif'); background-color: transparent; background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="dealer">rizz6719Fold    
    zakcougarFold    
    TheRat1Fold    
    CraigSG1Call £0.12£0.38£3.32
    Flop

CraigSG1Check    
    Lumo1978Bet £0.19£0.57£8.61
    CraigSG1Call £0.19£0.76£3.13
    Turn

CraigSG1Check    
    Lumo1978Bet £0.38£1.14£8.23
    CraigSG1Raise £0.88£2.02£2.25
    Lumo1978Call £0.50£2.52£7.73
    River

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">3

CraigSG1All-in £2.25£4.77£0.00
    Lumo1978Call £2.25£7.02£5.48
    CraigSG1Show   
    Lumo1978Show
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">K
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="diamond">K

CraigSG1WinStraight to the Jack£6.49 £6.49

This is an example of playing the player. X had been raising and calling 95% of his hands and I know he has a hard time folding. Limping UTG with this hand isnt fantastic but it does flop ok and I know if I raise Im probably getting 3 bet and playing a more bloated pot OOP. 

I check/call his slightly larger than usual raise so I am thinking already he may actually have a bigger hand than usual. 

I flop a gutshot with overs and I am check calling most bets as he is always c-betting and I am still ok against hands like AK/AQ and have a draw to the nuts. He bets half pot where he normally bets full pot with bluffs so again I'm thinking he has a big hand but with the small bet I am calling one more street to see what happens.

Bingo! Gin! Whatever, great card. If my read is right I intend to check raise what seems a blank and if he has an over pair I do not expect him to fold. He does bet again and this time I raise after a slight thought expecting him to jam over me. He doesnt and just calls.

A blank 3 and I have a pot bet left. I jam allin expecting a quick call. He does think for a while making me think I had misread him but thankfully he called.

It doesnt always happen like this but i've found both for me and against me its hard to put someone on a gutshot when it gets there and when you have a big hand its hard to get away.

A nice hand below taken from the £11 rebuy. 

Hand History #719578001 (22:14 11/12/2013)

CraigSG1Small blind 150.00150.007506.25
    SenorBegsBig blind 300.00450.0011110.00
     Your hole cards
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="club">5
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">5

AJ_RocketsRaise 600.001050.008830.00
    arc2arcFold    
    pokerghostCall 600.001650.0021533.50
    https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif'); background-color: transparent; background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="dealer">kimpetFold    
    CraigSG1Call 450.002100.007056.25
    SenorBegsCall 300.002400.0010810.00
    Flop

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="diamond">5
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">3
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">5

CraigSG1Check    
    SenorBegsCheck    
    AJ_RocketsBet 1300.003700.007530.00
    pokerghostFold    
    CraigSG1Call 1300.005000.005756.25
    SenorBegsFold    
    Turn

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="club">Q

CraigSG1Check    
    AJ_RocketsCheck    
    River

• edited December 2013
    Day 28

Did not play. Had a rare day off.

Day 29

Well, as usual nothing is ever easy. I didn't double check my post when I put it up as everything seemed fine and it as late but when I checked on it the next day low and behold something has gone wrong and the hands didnt show. I will try and see what I can do in this one!

Anyway, bit of a strange night. I started off feeling very tired but tried to concentrate more to get me in the zone as having a day off I was keen to have my noght on poker. I started off as usual with the £2.30BH. I did ok, taking a head early but having to fold a few good hands along the way. I kept about average all the way to the break but after it it all went wrong. I lost a couple of quick pots very unluckily. My turned two pair when in the BB after everything had been checked through got rivered by a better 2 pr that called my turn bet. Then i ran AK into AA. My exit came a few hands later when with KK i got called by A8o and A10o. I was down to 2300 chips at the 75/150 level and just had to go with it even on a AQ8 all diamond board as both the callers where calling EVERYTHING! 

I tried a couple of FR satilites but couldn't get past the first 15 mins as everyone basically gambles for a good stack. Im ok with that as thats my take as well, I'll gamble early and then use my stack in the mid stages to bully people off there chips.

I woke up a bit and thought I would try a bit of cash and played an 1h30 session finishing £3.81 up. Nothing really happened for a long time, winning and losing small pots. I must have had 35/40 PP in that session and only hit one set late on to which everyone folded to on the flop to my smallish bet with 4 people in the pot. Its the way it goes, I remember a session a couple weeks agao where I couldn't stop flopping them! Thankfully near the end I got paid on a couple of hands, winning a race with QQ v AK and snapping off a mainac with AQ and he had a stronger hand than normal with A9o but thankfully I held.

A small profit and a new BR high for this challange. My big night is tomorrow with the £33 £20,000GTD BH and the saet I won last week. I havent had a tourny where I have run like god for some years so hopefull this will be the one!

BR £279.13   PP334

Ill try this way to post hands. This was the very first hand of the £2.30BH and I'm starting to ponder how i'm going to play this hand when the UTG guy just ships allin.

What would you do? I chose to fold as it WAS the first hand and I dont need to gamble this early. People often play AK, AQ and JJ like this so I'm not good against this range.

Hand History #720149723 (18:01 13/12/2013)

coco521Small blind 10.0010.001990.00
    dbowkid1Big blind 20.0030.001980.00
     Your hole cards

XAll-in 2000.002030.000.00
    HannavasFold    
    inlikeflynFold    
    CraigSG1Fold    
    coco521Fold    
    dbowkid1Fold    
    XMuck    
    XWin 50.00 50.00
  • edited December 2013
    Day 30

An up day but a gutting one. The tournament I've been looking forward to all week went horribly. I never normally get donked out within the first orbit but thats what happened tonight. I didnt let the fact it was bigger buy-in change my game and I dont think I did anything wrong actually. My first hand was 55 on the button, I raised and got the BB to call. Afte a c-bet we checked it down and I lost to 66 on an A108 7 J board. Next hand I get 77, I raise and get two callers. A nice 456 rainbow board means a comfy c-bet. I get one call from the button and on a 4 turn card I still feel good. I bet and get an instant min raise. The quick raise makes me feel like that has not improved his hand at all and I'm sure to have heard from any bigger PP by now so quickly call thinking i'm ahead here more often than not. The river is a K so I check with the intention to call. He bets half pot and I call only to find he had K9o and got there on the river. That left me with below 700 and I'm feeling gutted.

Two hands later i make up the SB with A5s. A nice flop gives me a gutshot and nut flush draw. I check shove and get called by A8 with not hit or draw and I fail to improve and thats that, I'm out. Gutted isnt the word, with a nice structure I expected to do well but it wasnt to be.

Earlier I tried the two morning £3.30BH but couldn't get anything going. I took one head early on in the 9:45am one and lasted over an hour and a half but everytime I got into a decent pot I chopped two, coolered in one with a worse trips and got rivered in another two to miss out on bouties also. I was comfortable until then, winning a lot of small pots until that run of hands slowly knocked me to half average. I went out when I jammed A8s over 3 limpers only to get called by a limped AQs. In the other I couldnt get going either, pretty card dead and busted 10 mins after the break with no heads.

In the 6pm £2.30BH I did very well. I coasted my way through the first hour and a half but in pots worth a head prize I lost 3 60/40's when ahead. I mamnaged to double to a top 6 stack when around the bubble and managed to take a head a few hands later but again I lost another 60/40 to dip. I went out in the next two hands, firstly my AK losing to A3 and then next hand when with 6 bigs I got AA, I min raised the button and got called by the BB, on a KJ10 board I moved allin and got a quick call by Q9o. And that by a guy who had twice double off me when limp calling with K10 and KJ. I took away a £1.12 profit but could have been so much better.

I had three cash sessions today, each time taking part in Larsons and Slipwaters challange. Great banter was had and the guys are doing very well as we speak. Please make sure to wish them luck on there 24h marathon charity challange. 

I finished over £12 up over those sessions, playing for about 3h in total. Cash has been ok lately, still suffering a couple of coolers and bad beats but when its just a few its more managable to say its part and parcel of the game! And again, its even easier when your recording some winning sessions. I also think there are at least a couple of golden winning sessions due as I feel i'm playing good poker at the moment.

BR £286.94   PP  374
  • edited December 2013
    Why bother with 55 on the first hand of a big tournament? It turns out I'm cr4p at poker but surely a call, then see if you flop the set. If you miss the set then fold the 55?

You may see on telly/ youtube videos big names taking hands with a pair of 5's but thats never in the first hand, or very very early stages of a tournament.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Vicki,

Im raising any PP, most stages of a tourny on the button. Especially early. Everyones deep and by raising a PP, when you do hit a set its harder for your opponent to put you on one. I made a c-bet and then shut down when called on an all over card flop. Not sure why my opponent called with an under pair to be honest but each to there own.

Craig.
  • edited December 2013
    Keep going Craig
    Just read it through and you're doing really well.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: HOLIDAY CHALLENGE £127.. TO (£1000 THE DREAM) Current BR £286.94:
    Why bother with 55 on the first hand of a big tournament? It turns out I'm cr4p at poker but surely a call, then see if you flop the set. If you miss the set then fold the 55? You may see on telly/ youtube videos big names taking hands with a pair of 5's but thats never in the first hand, or very very early stages of a tournament.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Discard all this Craig. Every single word.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 31

Firstly, thanks Jac35. It is always great for me to get feedback and/or encouragement. 

Secondly, hhyftrftdr (did I spell that right?, hard to pronounce!), as you can see I didnt agree with it but everyone has there own oponions and methods and thats fine with me. Sometimes you have to do things in poker that are not comfortable and easy. We would all love to get AA everyhand but then no-one would play against us! This is why in my opinion you have to always stretch yourself and play every situation the way you think is right. The reason why poker is so addictive, hard and never straightforward is the MILLIONS of different combination of hands and scenarios and disaplines we all play. 

So, on to today. As usual on a Sunday I didnt get chance to play any MTT's but I did get a couple of cash sessions in. The morning one being the most profitable and one of those goldedn sessions I was talking about just yesterday. I took a few pence over £13, mainly thanks to one hand which is below. It was a cruel way to win but equally it would have been a cruel way to end my session as I had played very well and was up on most tables at the time. The afternoion session saw me finish 5p up but i'm not complaining. I did very well to finish up after three cruel hands saw me lose 2 1/2 buy-ins.

We all have that one guy who calls everything and will hit miracle cards and thats what happened. He took a big pot off me when spiking a 7 when I had AK against his K7 on a K high dry board. Basically calling a big four bet and then a big flop n turn bet. Thankfully I checked back the 7 river worried he had a set or AA. I did take a lot of smaller pots back off him but again he got lucky on another. I did lose two decent pots with flopped sets both to rivered flushes so to finish up was quite pleasing.

I'm happy to report that I have broke a milestone. The £300 barrier.

BR £300.15    PP 458

So, after a month I have more than doubled my starting BR and taking into account the first of many bad weeks in there I'm feeling really good at the moment. I know full well I will have other bad weeks but I also know I will have (hopefully) more good than bad. 

Below is the biggest pot of my challange so far and its one of those rare occasions I sucked out on someone. The person who shoved allin over my big 3 bet had done this twice before, once to my raise and once to someone elses. I was very surprised to see the second guy call allin as he had raised pretty much every hand since I had been there. Suffice to say no-one is folding QQ here and I was surprised to see myself behind but happy with the call. resigned to the loss I was shocked and delighted to see the Q river. 

I must remember that once in a while the river does actually help me!

Hand History #720772156 (09:52 15/12/2013)

GrannyPSmall blind £0.02£0.02£3.03
    teddy1Big blind £0.04£0.06£2.88
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

BIKER3Raise £0.08£0.14£6.39
    fafnirCall £0.08£0.22£4.00
    CraigSG1Raise £0.38£0.60£4.51
    LB438All-in £4.76£5.36£0.00
    GrannyPFold    
    teddy1Fold    
    BIKER3Call £4.68£10.04£1.71
    fafnirFold    
    CraigSG1All-in £4.51£14.55£0.00
    BIKER3Call £0.13£14.68£1.58
    BIKER3Show
    • J
    • J

CraigSG1Show
    • Q
    • Q

LB438Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

CraigSG1WinFull House, Queens and 2s£13.57 £13.57
  • edited December 2013
    A great landmark, also I see your starting BR has already doubled in less than a month. Excellent progress, the dream is well and truly alive. Good luck.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 32 

No play.

Day 33

Thanks Gary. A lot of credit to you for showing how good BR management is vital.

Had just an hour of cash today and suffered some pretty brutal beats to leave me £5.11 down. My AA failing to hold against an UTG limp/caller with J9o who improved to trips on the turn. The same player then took a few smaller pots off me calling with junk hands and always hitting and then the very same player l/c with J9o again and called down with bottom pr on an A high board when I had AQ and spiked a river J to take another. I also had to fold KK on a low wet board to continued big bets and a rivered trip jacks losing to FH Q's n J's when I raised a limp caller who turnted a set and rivered the FH.

Very frustrating hour and a dip below the £300 cieling. I will come back tomorrow and hopefully have reverse luck.

BR £295.04   PP 483
  • edited December 2013
    Day 34

Another little drop today, but I probably did well to keep it so low.

First up was the £2.30BH which saw me crash out early with a flopped FH! I was in the SB with 77 and with an UTG limper and button limp as it was early I just decided to make up and set mine. I didnt want to reopen the betting especially OOP and with everyone so deep. A dream 788 flop saw me lead out half pot only to get reraised by the BB. Folding back to me I thought it reasonable that the BB had a weak 8 or maybe something like 109. I decided to 3 bet to induce and indeed was happy when he shoved to flip over 84o. Happy days! But no! A turn 6 and river 6 counterfitted my hand and out I went.

I then entered my first £5.75BH of this challange and enjoyed a deep run. I busted 39/252 but I never got above average. Everytime I got the chance of a big pot I was either dominated, chopping or in three cases losing out on bounties when I had them dominated. I kept stealing blinds late on but eventually B v B I shoved 8 BB into AK. I did take two heads.

I played three cash sessions in between and finished about 50p after being £5 down at one stage. The profit came from an hour of playing 5p/10p MC tables. 

I struggled again suffering some bad hits, for instance flopping trip 6's with A6 in BB and getting it allin on the flop with J6 only to get rivered by a J. I again couldn't get action on my big hands and made a couple of loose calls through frustration when I knew I was beat. When that happened I took a break for a bit before coming back.

Most people have different opinions on how to deal with tilt but I think the best way is finding one method that works for you and stick with it. No method is going to work for everybody. With on-line cash its easy to just stand for a feew minutes or an hour or how ever long and the same game will still be going when you return. MTT's are different, everyone is not going to stop and wait while you stand up and make a brew or go kick the cat! The way for me is to take a breath, think about the hand. If I did everything right then move on and reasses where you are in the tourny and then set your game plan for where you are now and not where you where!

Below are a couple of hands from tonight. The first an example of just not getting paid from a very active and calling station table:

PIEMAN180Small blind £0.05£0.05£16.21
    KavlaBig blind £0.10£0.15£13.24
     Your hole cards

CraigSG1Raise £0.30£0.45£20.97
    elbows7Call £0.30£0.75£20.83
    ToukkaCall £0.30£1.05£20.59
    JINTYFold    
    PIEMAN180Call £0.25£1.30£15.96
    KavlaCall £0.20£1.50£13.04
    Flop

PIEMAN180Check    
    KavlaCheck    
    CraigSG1Bet £0.30£1.80£20.67
    elbows7Fold    
    ToukkaFold    
    PIEMAN180Fold    
    KavlaFold    
    CraigSG1Muck    
    CraigSG1Win £1.38 £22.05
    CraigSG1Return £0.30£0.12£22.35
    I raise UTG with 1010 and get FOUR callers. Then a dream flop! I bet small to induce as many times 3 of the callers had gone mental with wierd hands. Sadly, everyone folded and I'm left shaking my head!

This hand was one of my biggest pots I won and was done on the fly. In isolation it looks a mad play but here are my reasons and i would love some feedback. I could just have got lucky with a bad play.

The opponent (f) had played almost every pot and was either always betting or always calling and then betting when checked too. He limps and I rasie fully expecting him to call but knowing I hav position. I get a further call from the BB but I'm not too worried. 

A rainbow low flop that is hard to hit isnt the greatest for me but with two checks I c-bet 3/4 pot as any lower and these opponents have been calling pretty much all the time. The BB folds but f c/r's me. Normally I would fold here but f had done this a few times with weak pr hands  so I decide to call. A 10 turn is not a good card as it brought in a FD and made a couple fo straights and made 2 pr's more possible. Any big bet and I would fold but he leads out quite small and I'm not convinced he is strong at all. I decide to call again knowing I would do this with the hands I mention about and when he again bets small (an amout I had seen him bet before and fold) made me even more sure he was weak/bluffing. I cant just call though as a lot of his bluffs beat me so I jam all-in. I think I am repping all sort of hands here such as 2 prs, sets and straights not to mention AK which got there on the river. All the hands I could have and not alot of them that he could have.

Thats my reasoning anyway. 

martim01Small blind £0.05£0.05£5.99
    jacklBig blind £0.10£0.15£19.30
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

fCall £0.10£0.25£16.86
    elbows7Fold    
    CraigSG1Raise £0.40£0.65£14.02
    RosmicFold    
    martim01Fold    
    jacklCall £0.30£0.95£19.00
    fCall £0.30£1.25£16.56
    Flop

jacklCheck    
    fCheck    
    CraigSG1Bet £0.94£2.19£13.08
    jacklFold    
    fRaise £2.10£4.29£14.46
    CraigSG1Call £1.16£5.45£11.92
    Turn

fBet £1.50£6.95£12.96
    CraigSG1Call £1.50£8.45£10.42
    River

• K

fBet £1.50£9.95£11.46
    CraigSG1All-in £10.42£20.37£0.00
    fFold    
    CraigSG1Muck    
    CraigSG1Win £10.59 £10.59
    CraigSG1Return £8.92£0.86£19.51
  • edited December 2013
    Day 35

No play

Day 36

About a break even day, made up most of my MTT buyins by playing 5/10 MC tables late in the evening for about an hour. Bit of a boring session but at least I finished up. 

Like everyone gets, I'm on a bit of a downer in MTT's at the moment. Just cant get going. In my £2.30BH I had a decent start winning a few pots but after about 15 minutes I had the misfortune to run KK into AA yet again. It seems to be the signiture hand these last 6 months! I have lost count, and I am not making this up, of times I have done this. It gets to the point that I sisgh when I get them. I either win an uncontested pot pre or allin v AA. A few months ago I actually counted and had KK v AA 11/13 times I had KK. It seems made up but I promise you it isnt. THAT was a very frustrating time! NOt to mention very deep in a £5BH I got AA v KK only for them to hit a K. Suffice to say it was a moment you want to give up and never play again.

I mention it not as a boring bad beat story but as an example that **it happens and we all move on as obviously here I am still playing! So, that was a sucky way to lost 80% of my stack and it all went in the next hand when with QJs I got it all in short against....QQ! Sigh! I flopped a FD then a pr but a blank river and I was gone. I played my 2nd £5.75BH but as I've said counldn't get going. Card dead for the first 45 mins before my exit hand saw 4 limpers and me in the BB with the mighty 106o. A 665 flop looked very good for me. I checked looking to raise allin but it got checked through. A safe card saw me bet out only to be raised. Having a little left behind I shoved and faced the horrible news that I was behind to a flopped FH of 55566. A blank river saw me exit 107/229. No bounties in either.

So, a few days of not much movement in my BR but I feel ok. Not making many mistakes and playing fairly solid. Its hard to get too expansive at this level as you cant bluff calling stations and if you dont get hands or situations you can find it very difficult to get chips. So, If i can keep losses low it makes it that much easier to move forward when I do get my next MTT run or good cash session.

BR £290.07   PP  550 
  • edited December 2013
    Day 37

Hey, an upswing! And a new high ballance!

The morning saw me play the two £3.30BH's, I ran for over an hour in each but crashing out twice cruelly! In the first after being card dead for quite a while, I had AKs on the button and I jammed allin with 14BB on the button over 2 limpers. A quick call from the SB and two folds saw me up against A7s and a chance of my first bounty. Obviously it wasnt to be when after an A high flop a 7 river saw me on fumes. That pot was worth an above average stack too, sigh. Next hand my Q3s lost to the table maniac's (who had 5 bounties and a big stack) J10.

In the secound I got off to a good start but went card dead soon after. Finding spots hard to get I took a chance after an hour with a 10BB stack when a very short stack moved allin I reshoved in the SB with K8o. The BB snapped with AK and with the shortie with A10s I looked like going out. But a bit of luck saw me spike an 8 on the flop to take a head and an above average stack. Disaster struck 3 spots off the money when the tourny big stack who was first to act before me and had constantly rasied and called off allins limp/called my raise when I had 1010 with 18BB. On a low, all heart flop I pushed allin knowing he would call a very wide range and so I saw when he snapped called with J8o (8 hearts). He hit on the turn and out I went. Pretty discusting way to go out as that would have put me 3rd with 15 left. It hurts but I'm never folding or scared to go out before a min cash, we always aim for the win and let the rest take care of itself.

The evening saw me pay the £2.30BH, I made it to 55/175 with not much happening, going out via a race. I fared much better in the £5.75BH though, finishing 16/244 with a profit of £12+. It got off to a fantastic start when in the secound hand of the tourny I doubled up with a set of 6's against AJ's top pr A. Feeling gutted to miss out on a bounty by 20 chips I made a loose call with 104s in the SB but I thought for only another 60 chips and multiway it was worth a punt. I know I would never get tied to one pair so it was a dream when an 484 flop hit. I got it allin evetually on a turned J with the other party having AJ. I Took two bounties and was up to 6k! From there it was an up and down journey. I would gain and then lose chips before staying patient and gaining them again. As stacks got shallow it was allin/fold poker and I eventually lost when I jammed A2o on the button into the BB AK.

I also played 3 FR's but with my mind elsewhere I crashed out early, all three losing flips ealry.

I played 3 cash sessions in between, having a +£6.79 and +£5.50 profit and finishing with a -£3 session. 

Its still small steps at the moment it seems but as I said earlier, im minimising my losses and when I do get that big score like I almost got today my BR should shoot up. I hope. I also managed to get my fourth +50 PP day so I only need one more to qualify for the Winter Wonderland FR. I will only make the first stage but thats a shot at least.

BR £305.38  PP 607
  • edited December 2013
    Day 38

Im glad to report a good day and a new high ballance.

Play started with the two £3.30BH's. In the first it was a case of winning and losing small pots and not really getting anywhere. Busting out 35/110 after an hour. The second (which is getting to be a theme) I did much better in finishing 2nd and leaving me with that funny feeling you can only get through poker of both dissapointment and happiness. Great to get that far but so annoying to fall short. 

I didnt get off to the best start, losing half my stack early. I kept patient and woke up with KK in the BB and managed to get it allin from an UTG's AK. From there I played solid TA poker and managed to get deep, taking a couple of bounties too. Things changed when down to about 16 when this hand happened:

SSmall blind 150.00150.0028447.50
    daleyc2012Big blind 50.00200.000.00
     Your hole cards

CraigSG1Call 300.00500.0014152.50
    humpage06Call 300.00800.0019350.00
    smithton19Fold    
    SCall 150.00950.0028297.50
    Flop

SBet 900.001850.0027397.50
    CraigSG1All-in 14152.5016002.500.00
    humpage06Fold    
    SCall 13252.5029255.0014145.00
    SShow

daleyc2012Show
    • K
    • A

CraigSG1Show

Turn

• Q

River

CraigSG1WinThree 6s29255.00 29255.00

Out of context this looks a bad UTG limp but S had basically played every hand was very easy to read. Limping everyhand and only rasing with strong hands. With the bounty in play I decide to limp knowing that most of the time he is completing and I know for a fact he wont let go of any hand that he hits. I had earlier folded KQs after i raised UTG and he 3 bet, the button jammed allin and I had to fold. He called with a Q8s and the BB had KJ! As usual it was a hand I would have won with top pr Q but normally we are behind so im cool with a fold. So with that in my mind I limp and it is indeed chequed round. I hit a dream flop and when S bets I am very, very sure he is never folding whatever hand he has judging from his previous play so I just jam. Even if he folds I win a good pot and win a bounty. He does call and I fade his two outs to take a huge pot and the chip lead. I didnt realy lose it all the way to the final table and only dropped below 3rd twice.

I didnt realy get involved in any hands, just winning blinds and small pots all the way to four handed where I stepped up my aggression and knocked out the 4th and 3rd players. I got to heads up with a defecit and lost when my suited K3 lost verses 1010. Im very happy with the way I played, I am learning to get more aggressive at the right times. Picking the times when the blinds to stack are smallest before w rush of bust outs and stacks increase again. I took away a £38+ profit.

The misses let me go on this evening with it meing the holidays (honestly, not under the thumb!) but it didnt amount to much I'm afraid. I busted 42/195 in the £2.30Bh but I did leave with a small profit after taking 4 heads. I was a top 10 stack at the time I ran QQ into AA! A gutting cooler that was worth chip lead and another deep run. Normally with big stack v big stack I wouldn't have played it so fast but the opponent had been very active and had only just doubled up the hand previously with JJ v AQ. Nice two hands for him! A nothing run in the £5.75BH saw me leave with no heads and I did try for the first time the £50GTD unlimited rebuy tourny. Great fun and I did manage to build a good stack only to make a mistake with only a few minutes of the rebuy period ending. I played A10 too hard and as dominated v Ak and AJ allin pre! 

I played cash for a few hours and got off to an horrendous start. Firatly having to fold QQ to a turn big c/r on a 4c7h8h9h board, then my AK losing a big pot to 97 on a 2K577 board after a big 3 bet pre (he cold called) and a flop float. Not to mention I then quickly lost a big pot with a flopped set over set. I had 33 v QQ on a 37Q flop, allin on that flop. I nearly gave up but with me needing 10 PP to hit my final 50PP day to qualify for the WW FR i continued on threee 5/10 MC tables. I managed to finish +£11 on one and a coulpe of quid down on the other two. I was ahead on one on my last hand when I was dealt QQ. I 3 bet an opening raise only to see a cold call and the original raiser call too. AJ8 flop wasn't great. We all checked and a turn J made my hand shrivel up more. the cold caller min bet and getting daft odds I call, a brick river and I c/c another min bet to be shown the cold caller had A8o! Sigh!

Its nice to gain another step towards my goal and highlight my lose small, win big(gish) BR strategy. 

BR £335.93   PP658

Below is a hand I missed out from yesterday. A pretty sick run out when allin. The villan had shoved allin on the flop 4 or 5 times after calling a raise and one time I saw how weak he was so when he does it again I snap. Chuffed to be so far ahead I cant believe the run out!

Hand History #723002126 (19:15 21/12/2013)

alfarch30Small blind 20.0020.001995.00
    bluffboiBig blind 40.0060.002250.00
     Your hole cards
    • A

villanCall 40.00100.001265.00
    catitFold    
    nobodyFold    
    CraigSG1Raise 120.00220.005945.00
    alfarch30Call 100.00320.001895.00
    bluffboiCall 80.00400.002170.00
    villanCall 80.00480.001185.00
    Flop

• A

alfarch30Check    
    bluffboiCheck    
    villanAll-in 1185.001665.000.00
    CraigSG1All-in 5945.007610.000.00
    alfarch30Fold    
    bluffboiFold    
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet 4760.002850.004760.00
    villanShow

CraigSG1Show
    • A

Turn

River

villanWinStraight to the 62850.00 2850.00

Not the greatest A to raise but I am raising for value knowing the villan has called most hands and shoved flop every time he was in a hand. I had folded A high a few hands ago and had seen him lose most of his stack when he had done this again with total air so when I hit I can never go anywhere. Not a nice run out though.

Also from yesterday, a pretty good flop..

Hand History #722985095 (18:54 21/12/2013)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancegamblerDSmall blind 10.0010.003580.00CraigSG1Big blind 20.0030.006110.00 Your hole cardsJA   robert1936Fold    bluffboiCall 20.0050.001600.00linebackerFold    catitRaise 40.0090.002590.00gamblerDCall 30.00120.003550.00CraigSG1Call 20.00140.006090.00bluffboiCall 20.00160.001580.00Flop  JJA   gamblerDCheck    CraigSG1Check    bluffboiCheck    catitBet 80.00240.002510.00gamblerDCall 80.00320.003470.00CraigSG1Call 80.00400.006010.00bluffboiFold    Turn  J   gamblerDCheck    CraigSG1Check    catitCheck    River  5   gamblerDBet 200.00600.003270.00CraigSG1All-in 6010.006610.000.00catitFold    gamblerDFold    CraigSG1Muck    CraigSG1Win 800.00 800.00CraigSG1Return 5810.000.006610.00

Being OOp in the SB i just decide to make up with AJ. A fantastic flop and one rare occasion I can slow play knowing there are a few opponents. On the turned quads I see no point in betting as any A is never folding and any other hand probably isnt calling. I over bet shove the river repping the A and hoping to get a call from one but sadly no matter how much I willed someone to have an A they folded! Raising any less is pointless IMO as any A is calling any bet and any hand under an A is folding to any bet so may as well go for the lot.
  • edited December 2013
    "then my AK losing a big pot to 97 on a 2K577 board after a big 3 bet pre (he cold called) and a flop float.

Dude a couple of points, because I was at the table when this happened.

The other player in that hand was playing any two cards and then not folding (but rarely betting/raising)

You checked the flop, you did not bet (I am pretty sure on this as I seem to remember checking out the history to make notes on you)

So in his mind (remember, this is the mind of a very basic/poor player). On the turn his 7 could well have been good. Then he raised you on the river, and he was a very passive calling station, what did you think you were being raised with?

Im not saying it was an insta fold, but I pf call aside, I can see what a player might be doing calling the turn bet.

It was also a bit odd you (after commenting in the chat box) decided to leave the table after that hand. Personally if a player called 46p (I think it was) pre at 4nl with 97off wild horses would not drag me from the table.
  • edited December 2013
    Day 39

One of those bad days. Started at 6 and ready to quit now. I feel on massive tilt and dont want to see another card right now. Started with the £2.30BH, started ok, took a head then it all went wrong. Lost a couple of pots and then had a B v B confrontation. I raised with Q3s and got a min raise back. Priced in I called and flopped 2 pr. I min bet out and got a big reraise so again reraised bigger expecting an allin. He called. A 9 turn saw me chuck the rest of my chips in only to see he turned a set so out I go.

I won a seat last night into the Turbo Tuesday ME through Sundays show via the caption compition. While I was up I played a couple of £10 HU SNG's and won them so a great end to the w\e.

Disaster came via cash when I played 5/10 MC. I lost my whole stack via some horror outdraws. Flopped stes and flushes both losing. I got very angry and tilty through these quick beats and I appollogise to anyone I moaned at. It wasnt personal just pure frustration but thats not an excuse. Bad on my part. I didnt swear or insult anyone btw.

So I closed up early and I'm off to sulk and moan to myself before undoughtedly coming back tomorrow more determined than ever. I have that free seat i'm planning to use through a clearer head tomorrow and i'm going to enjoy it.

BR £327  PP 689
  • edited December 2013
    Enjoying the diary Craig being up +£200 is nice work, came across you briefly at the 10nl table could tell you were a bit tilty but we all have them spells good luck spinning up.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Benc, thanks. Its a bit embarrasing but it is a diary after all and I cant just report on the good and leave out the bad.

Day 40

So, this morning. It sucked. Big time. I played 5 tournies, failed to cash in any and only take one bounty. I suffered some horrendous run and didnt know how I could win any hand. here are some of my exit hands;

akos1976Small blind 40.0040.002030.00
    littlewo03Big blind 80.00120.003545.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Harrycat33Fold    
    hunt09Fold    
    CraigSG1Raise 202.00322.002703.00
    akos1976Call 162.00484.001868.00
    littlewo03Fold    
    Flop

• Q
    • K

akos1976Check    
    CraigSG1Bet 242.00726.002461.00
    akos1976Call 242.00968.001626.00
    Turn

akos1976Check    
    CraigSG1Bet 560.001528.001901.00
    akos1976All-in 1626.003154.000.00
    CraigSG1Call 1066.004220.00835.00
    akos1976Show
    • K

CraigSG1Show
    • A
    • A

River

akos1976WinTwo Pairs, Kings and 9s4220.00 4220.00

Hand History #724005679 (11:26 24/12/2013)

sharonmSmall blind 15.0015.001955.00
    LCROC22Big blind 30.0045.002620.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Bones187Fold    
    dirtydog03Fold    
    CraigSG1Raise 120.00165.002550.00
    hunt09Fold    
    sharonmCall 105.00270.001850.00
    LCROC22Call 90.00360.002530.00
    Flop

sharonmCheck    
    LCROC22Check    
    CraigSG1Bet 180.00540.002370.00
    sharonmAll-in 1850.002390.000.00
    LCROC22Fold    
    CraigSG1All-in 2370.004760.000.00
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet 700.004060.00700.00
    sharonmShow

CraigSG1Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

sharonmWinTwo Pairs, 9s and 6s4060.00 4060.00

IN THIS HAND VILLAN HAD LIMP/CALLED EVERY HAND.

Hand History #724025458 (13:01 24/12/2013)

CraigSG1Small blind 20.0020.004065.00
    bluebroadiBig blind 40.0060.001960.00
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

faith4614Fold    
    kirajoCall 40.00100.001920.00
    vboyCall 40.00140.001430.00
    taxi571Fold    
    CraigSG1Raise 180.00320.003885.00
    bluebroadiFold    
    kirajoCall 160.00480.001760.00
    vboyFold    
    Flop

• Q

CraigSG1Check    
    kirajoBet 120.00600.001640.00
    CraigSG1Raise 320.00920.003565.00
    kirajoCall 200.001120.001440.00
    Turn

CraigSG1Bet 560.001680.003005.00
    kirajoAll-in 1440.003120.000.00
    CraigSG1Call 880.004000.002125.00
    CraigSG1Show
    • Q
    • A

kirajoShow
    • A

River

kirajoWinThree 7s4000.00 4000.00

I had another AA allin on the flop bust out to add, again getting rivered by two pair.

Mix in this cash hand;

Hand History #723993047 (09:49 24/12/2013)

Strider_78Small blind £0.02£0.02£4.17
    DUDLYE888Big blind £0.04£0.06£3.06
    plater5519Big blind £0.04£0.10£3.16
     Your hole cards
    • Ah
    • Ac

Dragon127Fold    
    monkeeeyFold    
    plater5519Check    
    CraigSG1Raise £0.18£0.28£4.77
    Strider_78Call £0.16£0.44£4.01
    DUDLYE888Call £0.14£0.58£2.92
    plater5519Fold    
    Flop

• 9c
    • 2s
    • Qs

Strider_78Check    
    DUDLYE888Check    
    CraigSG1Bet £0.44£1.02£4.33
    Strider_78Fold    
    DUDLYE888All-in £2.92£3.94£0.00
    CraigSG1Call £2.48£6.42£1.85
    DUDLYE888Show
    • 9s
    • Js

CraigSG1Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

• As

River

• 3h

DUDLYE888WinFlush to the Ace£5.93 £5.93

Against same opponent a few minutes later the roles where reversed, with me a pair and FD allin on the flop against his top two pair. I failed to improve for another £7 pot. 

I wouldn't have bothered tonight moral being so low but I had that free turbo seat. I layed the £2.30Bh but bust early, allin 3 way after 20 mins when I had flopped 2 pr and was up against 2 straight draws, one of which hit on the river. 

Finally though, I had a bit of success. I played the £5.50BH HU's tourny, one I forget to play a lot but have a really good record in. After a tough first HU's match where the lead went back and forth I managed to get 3rd for a £10 cash plush the 3 heads i took worth £6+. I really enjoy this tourny and I was very unlucky again not to at least get to the last two, my final hand being AQ v Q3s which flopped a flush after being aipf. I need to play this more and will be doing.

My big tourny came but I was just absoloutly card dead, and with it often being 4 and 5 way to a flop I just couldnt hit anything. My one best hand of AQ, I got a walk! I finally had to go with a pair and a FD on the flop, I turned a SD too but missed everything and went out to an OP. Its just the way its gone today (and yesterday) my draws missing and my opponents hitting. My AA hands have only won ONCE today out of seven. So, 3/3 in disapointments for my big tourny chances.

The last tourny of the night was the 6:45pm £5.75BH. Amazingly, I managed a cash. A min one but with 3 heads I took a £9+ profit. My exit with came when with 12BB I pushed 1010, ran into AQS whic I already knew would get there and indeed did. I did pick up a SD on the turn but I knew it was just a tease.

A bad day, rescued slightly late on but moral is a bit low. I will have Xmas day off and we'll see about boxing day.

BR £307.92   PP 772

I would like to thank everyone for reading and would like to wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. Better luck to you and hope you all get what you wanted! 

• edited December 2013
    Day 41

No play.

Day 42

Only played two MTT's today but managed some runs in both. The £2.30BH I got off to a good start taking 2 bounties in the first 45 mins and maintaining a decent stack throughout. But on the bubble I was 3/14 when this happened:

mandyjlSmall blind 500.00500.007160.00
    CraigSG1Big blind 1000.001500.0018155.00
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

bigben80Fold    
    Mal007Call 1000.002500.0018122.50
    wRaise 2000.004500.0013990.00
    mandyjlFold    
    CraigSG1All-in 18155.0022655.000.00
    Mal007Fold    
    wAll-in 13990.0036645.000.00
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet 3165.0033480.003165.00
    CraigSG1Show
    • J
    • J

wShow
    • K

Flop

• K

Turn

River

wWinPair of Kings33480.00 33480.00

It was for the chip lead, a bounty and to burst the bubble. W had min raised weak hands and 3x strong hands so I just jammed. Just calling is too weak with a strong hand and leaves me vulnerable to being OOP and having to guess where I am and I dont want to raise and get flatted for same reason and with more chips at stake. Sadly he hit his 3 outer and on fumes I was out 2 hands later as bubble boy.

I had a good deep run in the £5.57BH, again getting off to a good start after taking a bounty and trebbling up. It was a strange journey, with my stack fluctuating from a top 3 stack to top 20. Everytime I lost a decent pot I won another a few hands later. Here is an example. In the first hand this was worth the chip lead and a very good head prize but the river got me, and then against the chip leader I won a huge pot to give me the lead. The guy in the second hand had run amazing and at that time had 10 heads.

Hand History #724791855 (21:09 26/12/2013)

CraigSG1Small blind 500.00500.0035676.25
    xCharlotteBig blind 1000.001500.009680.00
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

gingakingFold    
    dragon2626Fold    
    wsc1960Fold    
    CraigSG1Raise 1500.003000.0034176.25
    xCharlotteAll-in 9680.0012680.000.00
    CraigSG1Call 8680.0021360.0025496.25
    CraigSG1Show
    • Q
    • A

xCharlotteShow
    • J
    • A

Flop

• K

Turn

River

• Q

xCharlotteWinStraight to the Ace21360.00 21360.00

Hand History #724794261 (21:13 26/12/2013)

wsc1960Small blind 600.00600.0011450.00
    CraigSG1Big blind 1200.001800.0022496.25
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

xCharlotteFold    
    gRaise 3600.005400.0040776.25
    mould03Fold    
    wsc1960Fold    
    CraigSG1All-in 22496.2527896.250.00
    gCall 20096.2547992.5020680.00
    CraigSG1Show
    • Q
    • A

gShow
    • Q
    • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

CraigSG1WinPair of 5s47992.50 47992.50

Sadly though, it call to an abrumpt end. My AJs was no good against G from the last hands A8s with him hitting a straigt on the turn just as I got a FD and looking good with overs I couldnt get away. Looking back it was a misplayed hand and I paid the price which is gutting, even more so as I dont think I made many mistakes. This left me 12/13 and I eventually busted with QJ v AA. 

Its dissapointing to go deep in both, especially the £5.75BH (as a big win there was worth a 75% boost to my BR) and not go on. Well, at least I made a profit and I am moving in the right direction again. Added to that a few other wins on another site it was a good poker day. Its such a shame the SnG's on sky arent that popular as on PS I have a pretty sick record, its only a small sample but its still pretty good. It actually helped my MTT play today as it clarified what I do well and how I do it. Anyone wanting to improve on MTT play, I strongly recomend you play 9/10 seater SNG's as a good way to practice and review your stargegys. You get to play deep, mid and short stacked in a relatively quick time.

BR £325.45   PP 793
  • edited December 2013
    Day 43

Today started with a return to cash and a succesful one. I did get helped by hitting a few hands and I only lost one big cooler hand (2nd one below). I stuck to 4 tables this time to better evaluate players and the situations that came up. Hard to gage just after one go but I definately saw an improvement in my decisions. I managed to finish £13.88 up after an hour and a half. I would happily take that every time!

I got a straight flush, quad 4's twice and a few other hands paid off. 

Hand History #724925856 (08:55 27/12/2013)

sheila1960Small blind £0.02£0.02£1.52
    2776reed06Big blind £0.04£0.06£6.38
     Your hole cards
    • 6c
    • 8c

CranzillaFold    
    oldmankevCall £0.04£0.10£3.56
    simmy175Fold    
    CraigSG1Call £0.04£0.14£2.63
    sheila1960Call £0.02£0.16£1.50
    2776reed06Check    
    Flop

• 7c
    • 10c
    • Jh

sheila1960Bet £0.08£0.24£1.42
    2776reed06Fold    
    oldmankevCall £0.08£0.32£3.48
    CraigSG1Call £0.08£0.40£2.55
    Turn

• 9c

sheila1960Bet £0.12£0.52£1.30
    oldmankevRaise £0.76£1.28£2.72
    CraigSG1Call £0.76£2.04£1.79
    sheila1960Fold    
    River

• Jd

oldmankevCheck    
    CraigSG1Bet £1.02£3.06£0.77
    oldmankevCall £1.02£4.08£1.70
    CraigSG1Show
    • 6c
    • 8c

oldmankevMuck
    • Ks
    • Qd

CraigSG1WinStraight Flush to the Jack£3.77 £4.54

Hand History #724927166 (09:15 27/12/2013)

sheila1960Small blind £0.02£0.02£2.62
    2776reed06Big blind £0.04£0.06£4.74
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

CranzillaFold    
    Trojan1904Call £0.04£0.10£2.99
    simmy175Fold    
    CraigSG1Raise £0.18£0.28£5.35
    sheila1960Fold    
    2776reed06Call £0.14£0.42£4.60
    Trojan1904Call £0.14£0.56£2.85
    Flop

• A
    • K

2776reed06Check    
    Trojan1904Check    
    CraigSG1Bet £0.28£0.84£5.07
    2776reed06Fold    
    Trojan1904All-in £2.85£3.69£0.00
    CraigSG1Call £2.57£6.26£2.50
    Trojan1904Show
    • A

CraigSG1Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

• A

Trojan1904WinFull House, Aces and 8s£5.79 £5.79

Hand History #724930224 (09:53 27/12/2013)

CraigSG1Small blind £0.02£0.02£4.82
    AFFMAHEEDBig blind £0.04£0.06£4.02
     Your hole cards

wtffudRaise £0.08£0.14£7.12
    CranzillaRaise £0.24£0.38£5.00
    CraigSG1Call £0.22£0.60£4.60
    AFFMAHEEDCall £0.20£0.80£3.82
    wtffudCall £0.16£0.96£6.96
    Flop

CraigSG1Check    
    AFFMAHEEDCheck    
    wtffudCheck    
    CranzillaCheck    
    Turn

• Q

CraigSG1Bet £0.48£1.44£4.12
    AFFMAHEEDCall £0.48£1.92£3.34
    wtffudCall £0.48£2.40£6.48
    CranzillaCall £0.48£2.88£4.52
    River

CraigSG1Bet £1.44£4.32£2.68
    AFFMAHEEDAll-in £3.34£7.66£0.00
    wtffudFold    
    CranzillaFold    
    CraigSG1All-in £2.68£10.34£0.00
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet £0.78£9.56£0.78
    CraigSG1Show

AFFMAHEEDShow

CraigSG1WinFour 4s£8.84 £9.62

Hand History #724931275 (10:04 27/12/2013)

DUDLYE888Small blind £0.02£0.02£3.50
    CranzillaBig blind £0.04£0.06£5.31
     Your hole cards

CraigSG1Call £0.04£0.10£9.40
    AFFMAHEEDCall £0.04£0.14£4.06
    DUDLYE888Fold    
    CranzillaCheck    
    Flop

• J

CranzillaCheck    
    CraigSG1Bet £0.04£0.18£9.36
    AFFMAHEEDFold    
    CranzillaCall £0.04£0.22£5.27
    Turn

CranzillaCheck    
    CraigSG1Bet £0.04£0.26£9.32
    CranzillaCall £0.04£0.30£5.23
    River

CranzillaCheck    
    CraigSG1Bet £0.12£0.42£9.20
    CranzillaFold    
    CraigSG1Muck    
    CraigSG1Win £0.27 £9.47
    CraigSG1Return £0.12£0.03£9.59

I returned for my evening session with a little bit more confidence, and with another SnG win on PS behind me I enetered 3 MTT's. The £5.75BH didnt go very well, an early double up was good but missing a head prize by a few chips wasn't. From there things just stayed the same and I eventually went out to a cooler, my AK top pr A and turned K no good against a flopped set of 5's. Sigh. And I tried the £2.20UKOPS Rebuy but again couldn't get anything going and after 40 mins went out. I misclicked the rebuy option which was annoying and went out.

Things went much better, though, in the £2.30BH. I ran really well and ran over most of the tables I was on, thanks to good hand reading and controlled aggression and of corse some very good hands! I took 10 heads on my way to a 3rd place finish for a profit of £32+. I was 1st or 2nd in chips for a long time but once we got to 5 handed things slowed down. 5 and 4 handed play took a very, very long time so what started as a deep final table ended in a short stacked final table. Things also started to go wrong for me as I had 5 PP's during the final table. First running 1010 into a shorties KK (5h play), then getting folds with AA and QQ when every other time I raised I was either getting shoved on or called and shoved on. Then my two back to back hands to exit saw my 88 when 3h run into JJ. I flopped an 8 for the chip lead and heads up only to see a quick J on the turn and 3rd. I then get 99 and against player that just doubled up I run ito AA! Out in 3rd and another close run to a win. 

At least I'm maiking consistent runs and a win or two arnt far away. The good news is another high balance.

During the final table and an hour after I played two 5/10 MC tables. I finished about 60p down after over an hour and a halfs play. It was a very frustrating affair as I couldnt find a hand at all, and anytime I had one I was either against a raise or a 3 bet so had to fold. Also, early on I had AKs against A10 on a A83 flop but a 3 and an A river saw all the money go in for a chop. The frustration grew as when I did get a hand I would lose a pot. Thanks to Snuffer who had a little word after I moaned too much. Feeling tired but not wanting to leave down I stayed. Luckily my penultimate hand saw me go from £7 down to even when I got a light call by 66 on a 8 high board after I raise 98s pre and continued on the flop. Allin on the turn when I also picked up a FD I faded the 6 and decided to call it a night.

BR £363.02    PP 843

Its nice to get a decent two days in to bring me up and then beyound my previous high balance after the big dissapointment of christmas eve. It would feel so good to go beyound £400, and if I can do that by the end of this month it would be fantastic.

Right, below is hand I have posted in the clinic. Its a situation that arrises a few times and I never have an easy decision about calling or folding. This time I folded as I had no reads and I was also chip leader at the table and winning a lot of small pots so didnt want to call and be wrong and lose my ability to control the table. I have chosen the safe route a few times and most times they have succeded in my main objective of preserving my stack and more importantly the abilty to control the action. Opinions welcome:

and History #725128994 (19:34 27/12/2013)

MikeycbSmall blind 150.00150.0020442.61
    ela990Big blind 300.00450.0010792.50
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

horseboxFold    
    CraigSG1Raise 600.001050.0021667.32
    tantulus50Fold    
    kurdymacFold    
    MikeycbFold    
    ela990Call 300.001350.0010492.50
    Flop

• J

ela990Check    
    CraigSG1Bet 600.001950.0021067.32
    ela990Call 600.002550.009892.50
    Turn

ela990All-in 9892.5012442.500.00
    CraigSG1Fold    
    ela990Muck    
    ela990Win 2550.00 2550.00
    ela990Return 9892.500.0012442.50

• edited December 2013
    Hi Craig, sorry for crossing swords with you in the chatbox but im a long time follower of this diary and it seemed like the best thing for you to do was pack up for the night! Nice finish to the session though and you made the right descion to call it a night....all the best and gl in the future.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: HOLIDAY CHALLENGE £127.. TO (£1000 THE DREAM) Current BR £325.45:
    Hi Craig, sorry for crossing swords with you in the chatbox but im a long time follower of this diary and it seemed like the best thing for you to do was pack up for the night! Nice finish to the session though and you made the right descion to call it a night....all the best and gl in the future.
    Posted by Snuffer
    God no, don't say sorry. You was fine, I'm never one for moaning at a player just at the poker 'gods'. It's never nice remembering that I did it but the whole point of this diary is to improve. Already I've seen howuch things swing and how quickly they change. It seems much longer when your living through it but when you look back it's only a few days. 

Anyway, thanks again for reading and your kind comments. 
  • edited December 2013
    Day 44

Well, this day ended up being a plus day but it could have been so much better!

Today started off with the two £3.30BH's. Two tough river beats saw me depart both, in the 2nd I had KK after about 20 mins of the usual very loose standard of play. I raised and got four callers and on a benign low flop I c-bet and got one caller. A Q on the turn saw me get shoved on when I again bet. I called and was against AQ. Obviously the river wasnt kind, another Q knocking me out. 

Things were going much better in the first one. I had 2 heads and was about 8/31 and coasting when I was dealt QQ. The guy I 3bet had played every hand and called down light. I over shove knowing he can call down very light. 

Hand History #725378808 (11:03 28/12/2013)

GolfdadSmall blind 75.0075.006055.00
    lark1000Big blind 150.00225.003535.00
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

spurs_13Fold    
    january7Raise 300.00525.005780.00
    CraigSG1Raise 750.001275.006545.00
    GolfdadFold    
    lark1000Fold    
    january7Call 450.001725.005330.00
    Flop

january7Check    
    CraigSG1Bet 1050.002775.005495.00
    january7Call 1050.003825.004280.00
    Turn

january7Check    
    CraigSG1All-in 5495.009320.000.00
    january7All-in 4280.0013600.000.00
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet 1215.0012385.001215.00
    january7Show
    • J
    • J

CraigSG1Show
    • Q
    • Q

River

january7WinStraight to the Jack12385.00 12385.00

I was out next hand, my Ax no good against 8 high.

I had a little bash at cash but left 50p down after hour and a half. Pretty good considering how little hands I got and a big pot when my nut flush dr and pr failed to improve against top pr.

The evening started with the usual early BH, I got dumped out early when my Ax top pr A got beat by a guy who was flopping sets for fun! Four sets (one improved to quads) in about 10 hands and he got paid every time. I was doing well in the newly improved garentee 6:45 BH (£1000 now - up from £750) with two heads and an above average stack when the chip leader got moved. He made life very, very hard with 5 and 6x BB raises every hand. It meant I couldnt play back without a hand as calling is too much of my stack to try and play the streets. I dwindled with no playable hands and with about average stack I got 1010 - a hand to finally go to war with! - when he min rasied (for only the 2nd/3rd time which had me wary) and I had no choice but to 3 bet. He called and a low 644 flop saw me jam allin for a pot bet only to see him snap call with....AQo. A safe turn but a horrible A knocked me out and gave this guy his 9th head! All right for some!

The successes of the day game from (1) an hour cash session which saw me £12+ from one 5/10 MC table. It was a rocky start, I won a £5 pot with top pair only to lose it next hand this way:

Hand History #725536137 (18:51 28/12/2013)

elbows7Small blind £0.05£0.05£10.61
    jbBig blind £0.10£0.15£2.92
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

jasper5928Call £0.10£0.25£15.33
    -LEON-Fold    
    CraigSG1Call £0.10£0.35£22.34
    k8cykeCall £0.10£0.45£19.13
    elbows7Call £0.05£0.50£10.56
    jbCheck    
    Flop

• J

elbows7Check    
    jbBet £0.50£1.00£2.42
    jasper5928Fold    
    CraigSG1Raise £1.00£2.00£21.34
    k8cykeFold    
    elbows7Fold    
    jbRaise £1.00£3.00£1.42
    CraigSG1All-in £21.34£24.34£0.00
    jbAll-in £1.42£25.76£0.00
    CraigSG1Unmatched bet £19.42£6.34£19.42
    jbShow

CraigSG1Show
    • K
    • J

Turn

River

jbWinStraight to the Jack£5.86 £5.86

Jb had limped EVERY hand and on a passive table I just limped along. Top pr on a rainbow flop I felt ok. With his stack and super wide range I was pretty much committed to the pot when it was heads up. A runner, runner straight though took away the pot. The biggest pot I won for +£20 was with the nut flush against Jb and another caller. Jb having a 3h flush! and the other guy a J high flush! on a 4 heart board.

My 2nd success game in the UKOP's £3.30BH. A field of 390 saw me finish 9th! I only got two heads and was surprised to get that far with the amount of junk hadns I was dealt late on. Luckily the two or three hands I did get I doubled up but my demise came when against a guy who 3/4x most hands and folding to a lot of allins had QQ when i got 99! I know I wasnt getting a fold to my shove and laddering was worth £5 but we all know we can never pass up oppertunitys. I didn't. I went out. Annoying to get close yet again but I was happy with my play throughout so what can you do.

A new high ballance (I dont get tired of saying that) is;

£379.04      PP 890

I've had a number of close calls of wins and deep runs so i'm confident if I keep playing well I can get a run of wins and decent scores together. The UKOP's would have been a fantastic tourny to take down so I leave tonight a little dissapointed but 9th out of almost 400 is nothing to be down about.

• edited December 2013
    Day 45

Had time for a £3.£0BH this morning but got dumped out very early, I isolated a short stack over two serial limpers with A9o. I got one fold and one call from someone with a bigger stack with K10o. A Q4x board saw the shortie hit 2 pr but the big side pot was still mine. That was until a K on the turn and a blank river sent me packing! At least I had a small profit in cash to reduce my losses.

I returned in the afternoon to play a £2.30BH speed in which I took one head and finished 20/34 as blinds got shallow. I lost a big pot with KK versed Q9s (a turned straight got me after being aipf). I managed to scrape back in with a double up and then my only bounty (flopping a flush with QJs against K3o aipf) but I lost a race for a good stack with 1010 v AQo. I didnt fare to well either in a £5.75BH going out 51/116 with no heads. Didnt get anything going at all.

A very good cash session though ensured a profit on the day, finishing £13.89 up after a good 1h30+. 

I dont want to jink things but cash has been going much better since I dropped from 6 tabels to four. My decisions are better as I have better chance to observe other opponents - something that has paid divid ends already in quite a few pots.

So, a new high ballance of £384.84 with 941 in PP's. 

I had time for a review of my progress so far after 45 days. I played 63 cash sessions of varying lengths, my avergae being just over an hour. I had 39 winning sessions and 24 losing sessions for a total profit of £73.03 spread over 74 hours of play! £1 an hour means I cant quit my job just yet i'm afraid.

I was surprised to see how many more winning sessions I had versus losing ones and i'm quite happy with my progress since cash isnt my strongest game. Doing this diary has helped a lot and I have a little idea of areas to improve already. 

MTT wise I have played 70, taking a profit of £159.45. My biggest % of that being in the £2.30BH which saw a £113.10 profit from 25 games. Next up the £3.30BH with a £64.19 profit from 20 games. I took losses of £13.88 from the £5.75BH's from 13 and a £19.40 loss from the small £2.20 rebuys from 7 attempts. The freemoney FR's added £15.44 to my BR and added to that my one (so far) PP payment of £12.20 all adds up to my current BR.

Being able to review my progress so far has given me a little confidence boost, especially cash. Dropping to four tables and being more invested in the table dynamics has led to better situation reads and decisions and hopefully profits for the next 45 days in which I hope to do my next review. The only dissapopintment so far is the loss from the £5.75BH's but its a small sample so far and as my BR increases (hopefully) I can improve on that and hopefully add a few £11 BH's to my schedule. 

A nice first hand to the table during my afternoon cash session.

Hand History #725830493 (13:40 29/12/2013)

CraigSG1Small blind £0.02£0.02£3.94
    CranzillaBig blind £0.04£0.06£3.20
     Your hole cards

planet432Fold    
    YannYuFold    
    lennononoFold    
    aceman571Call £0.04£0.10£2.96
    CraigSG1Call £0.02£0.12£3.92
    CranzillaCheck    
    Flop

• A