You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2014 Leaderboard...

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Ah good point, I assumed it was 2 seperate tables for ME and Mini as a lot of people can't afford to play MEs so would be at a big disadvantage, but Dave seems to be talking about just 1 set of prizes.

What dya think Dave?

Maybe track points of MEs and Minis seperately for the purpose of the annual league but do the Jan prizes based on the combined totals if only 1 set of prizes is up for grabs (understandable as there's alot a fair chunk of prizes there as it is)
  • edited December 2013
    Seriously, just keep it top 10, it will be a nightmare to update for who ever does it and won't make it fun at all.

1st - 25
    2nd - 20
    3rd - 18
    4th - 16
    5th - 14
    6th - 12
    7th - 9
    8th - 6
    9th - 3
    10th 1

Nice little bonus if you win it. It's a double figure points prize if you make the final table and a 10th is a min cash... covers all bases IMO.

Is this open to everyone, or do you need to register on the forum? TBH, I would update everyones results as it would only be 10 names a night, then maybe only post the top 25 players or something on the forum, that way if some1 only see's it in March, you haven't got to go through 3 months of results to get their points...
  • edited December 2013
    I think we should still do two tables - Main and Mini. I don't think it's fair otherwise. I'm sure Sky will stump up for another batch of prizes for them... ;)
  • edited December 2013
    Flash's suggestion is fine imo. Doesn't really matter too much as long as it's simple and rewards deep runs well.

FWIW, Flash, you can always just rob the top 10 names from each game from GaryQQQ's results thread each day.
  • edited December 2013
    Top Ten is perhaps not deep enough to generate mass interest. Top twenty?
  • edited December 2013
    I think the points should go a little lower to keep more people interested for longer.

similar to flashes suggestion but going down to 20:

1st - 25
    2nd - 20
    3rd - 18
    4th - 16
    5th - 14
    6th - 12
    7th - 9
    8th - 6
    9th - 3
    10th 2
    11th - 20th 1
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard...:
    Top Ten is perhaps not deep enough to generate mass interest. Top twenty?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Great minds slip.....
  • edited December 2013
    Above also seems fine. As long as it's sensible it should be fine, we're all on the same level playing field afterall.
  • edited December 2013
    Ah good point, I assumed it was 2 seperate tables for ME and Mini as a lot of people can't afford to play MEs so would be at a big disadvantage, but Dave seems to be talking about just 1 set of prizes. What dya think Dave? Maybe track points of MEs and Minis seperately for the purpose of the annual league but do the Jan prizes based on the combined totals if only 1 set of prizes is up for grabs (understandable as there's alot a fair chunk of prizes there as it is)
    Posted by Lambert180

I think we'd keep it as one batch of prizes. I've got no problem with the idea of you taking the value of that prize package and splitting it up differently if you prefer, I just thought those prizes were nicer as one bundle :)
  • edited December 2013
    Seriously, just keep it top 10, it will be a nightmare to update for who ever does it and won't make it fun at all. 1st - 25 2nd - 20 3rd - 18 4th - 16 5th - 14 6th - 12 7th - 9 8th - 6 9th - 3 10th 1 Nice little bonus if you win it. It's a double figure points prize if you make the final table and a 10th is a min cash... covers all bases IMO. Is this open to everyone, or do you need to register on the forum? TBH, I would update everyones results as it would only be 10 names a night, then maybe only post the top 25 players or something on the forum, that way if some1 only see's it in March, you haven't got to go through 3 months of results to get their points...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    if you want to do points then top 12 maybe for sky
    and yes - open to all makes sense - or at least scored for all - maybe you have to opt in to collect your prize if there is some reason needed for opting in

from 12th to 1st

• edited December 2013
    What dya reckon then Slip if they're the prizes you got to play with? Just pay top 3 from each leaderboard instead?

ME leaderboard
    1st = £110
    2nd = £55 
    3rd = £33

Mini leaderboard
    1st = £33
    2nd = £11
    3rd = £11

??

Deffo makes sense the bigger chunk of the prizes should go to the ME one
  • edited December 2013
    Well, I ain't sure about the others, but I think it is much fairer if the prize is split to include those in the mini event too.
  • edited December 2013
    what about:

1st £55
    2nd £33
    3rd £11

for both main and mini

....and then £110 for the 1st in the combined?!

Original prize pool was worth £253 and mines worth £308. Go on Sky it's only £50 :)
  • edited December 2013
    what about: 1st £55 2nd £33 3rd £11 for both main and mini ....and then £110 for the 1st in the combined?! Original prize pool was worth £253 and mines worth £308. Go on Sky it's only £50 :)
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I like that.
  • edited December 2013
    Similar to JD, I'd go with

1st - 25
    2nd - 20
    3rd - 18
    4th - 16
    5th - 14
    6th - 12
    7th - 10
    8th - 8
    9th - 6
    10th -4
    11-20 -2

Looks like a really good idea, mini and main tables, split prize pool.

Adrian
  • edited December 2013
    nice try mini players 
    but i assume part of sky's willingness to put up prizes is to inspire more main players
    so 50:50 probably undermines the use of the advertising budget
    but i'm sure we can syphon some off 

maybe something more like
    Main
    *  1st - £110 MTT Seat
    *  2nd - £55 MTT Seat
    *  3rd - £33 MTT Seat
    *  4th - £11 MTT Seat

Mini
    *  1st - £22 MTT Seat
    *  2nd - £11 MTT Seat
    *  3rd - £5.50 MTT Seat
    *  4th - £5.50 MTT Seat

I don't think we need to do a combined as well
  • edited December 2013
    Happy to run and update the table but don't want to tread on anyones toes if someone is already wanting to do it and can't promise to keep it up to date everyday but shd be able to update it 2 or 3 times a week.

I think points shd be limited to top 20 at very most and prefer the winner to have more equity than some are suggesting

I think two lots of prizes for main and mini but that they should be identical if poss.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi guys

I've done something very sad.  Because I think you need the raw data to put into these structures to come up with a fair system, I have copy and pasted every single Main event result from this year (thank you GaryQQQ) into a spreadsheet.  Would you like me to apply some of the potential structures to this to see how they would look?

I think as these are meant to be fun it should have a bit of a sweat on at the business end, plus putting the data in might show some ideas are unfair in practice.
  • edited December 2013
    Yes, sad indeed.

But let's see what you've got Tommy :)
  • edited December 2013
    Let me finish tidying and I'll do a leaderboard on every single structure suggested in your vote thread
  • edited December 2013
    Let me finish tidying and I'll do a leaderboard on every single structure suggested in your vote thread
    Posted by TommyD
    Crikey...
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard... : Crikey...
    Posted by Slipwater
    Easy enough when you know the joys of Excell and after inputting all of the raw data.

For everyone's information, the Timed cash game and Timed tournament which made up part of double Main Event week are not counted, every other one is tho.

These are what the current Top Ten standings would be for each of the suggested methods in the vote thread had this run this year:

Peter's way
    TommyD314
    MattBates268
    HAYSIE191
    darsum333188
    kwd183
    EBBERDON180
    madeyeII179
    matisback177
    hurst05169
    chicknMelt164
    Craig's way
    TommyD521
    MattBates373
    kwd300
    darsum333284
    matisback273
    jawzindawz269
    HAYSIE265
    chicknMelt237
    madeyeII236
    lovejunky220
    Lambo's Way
    TommyD550
    MattBates415
    HAYSIE315
    darsum333310
    matisback300
    jawzindawz295
    kwd290
    madeyeII290
    hurst05265
    chicknMelt260
    Flash's way
    TommyD350
    MattBates324
    EBBERDON238
    HAYSIE230
    darsum333230
    madeyeII218
    kwd215
    hurst05208
    matisback205
    chicknMelt190
    JD's way
    TommyD360
    MattBates339
    darsum333254
    HAYSIE250
    EBBERDON249
    kwd230
    madeyeII229
    matisback217
    hurst05212
    SoLack202
    Geldy's way
    TommyD283
    MattBates253
    darsum333193
    HAYSIE192
    EBBERDON191
    madeyeII177
    kwd171
    matisback165
    chicknMelt161
    hurst05157
    Ski's way
    TommyD381
    MattBates365
    darsum333285
    EBBERDON284
    HAYSIE276
    kwd252
    madeyeII245
    matisback235
    tallytink228
    SoLack224
    You know, I really don't mind which way you choose.
  • edited December 2013
    That's Main event only BTW, not mini.
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by TommyD
    Haha - funniest thing I have read all week :)
  • edited December 2013
    Happy to run and update the table but don't want to tread on anyones toes if someone is already wanting to do it and can't promise to keep it up to date everyday but shd be able to update it 2 or 3 times a week. I think points shd be limited to top 20 at very most and prefer the winner to have more equity than some are suggesting I think two lots of prizes for main and mini but that they should be identical if poss.
    Posted by SoLack
    Good man!  I don't think it needs updating every day to be honest, twice a week sounds fine to me.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard... :

Posted by TommyD

How about the method where anyone with a capital letter at the start and end of their alias gets half points? Or where each time the football team you support sacks their manager, your points get reset?

:)
  • edited December 2013

Whatever the solution, it shouldn't be all over by Easter. 

1.  The polarisation of points shouldn't be too great, i.e. top 10 places should get 1-10 points.  You might have seen that Formula One changed their points spread a few years back but now looking at doubling the points for the last race to regenerate some excitement.

2.  Keep it very simple, so people can understand what is required of them to feature.

3.  Always retain an option to disqualify TommyD

• edited December 2013
    Whatever the solution, it shouldn't be all over by Easter.  1.  The polarisation of points should be too great, i.e. top 10 places should get 1-10 points.  You might have seen that Formula One changed their points spread a few years back but now looking at doubling the points for the last race to regenerate some excitement. 2.  Keep it very simple, so people can understand what is required of them to feature. 3.  Always retain an option to disqualify TommyD
    Posted by aussie09
    Agree with this. There are other ways you can cut things to work out who is the best MTT player (e.g. sum up their profits - although this might be a method unfavourable to Tommy vs Matt...). Keep it simple, and fun.
  • edited December 2013

To keep it really really simple.....just ship all the prizes to TommyD and let him distribute as he sees fit.

I would like to see the 'minis' featured in this too. More often they are bigger field events plus it will involve the smaller BR players in a promotion too...(for a change.....☺)
  • edited December 2013
    To keep it really really simple.....just ship all the prizes to TommyD and let him distribute as he sees fit. I would like to see the 'minis' featured in this too. More often they are bigger field events plus it will involve the smaller BR players in a promotion too...(for a change..... ☺)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Agree with the bold.

I made It clear when I put together the data that it would be different with the minis.  I just can't face another few hours copying and pasting.  The leagues I put up are:

1)  A guide over a limited sample to the differences in the scoring methods.

2)  A long winded rubdown for Matt.