You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2014 Leaderboard...

124»

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard...:
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard... : How about the method where anyone with a capital letter at the start and end of their alias gets half points? Or where each time the football team you support sacks their manager, your points get reset? :)
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    1)  Excellent use of grammar shouldn't be punished.

2)  The reset would be interesting.  With the MTT league finishing at the end of the year it'd be fun to have a leaderboard with everyone on zero.
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah, it isn't such an inclusive idea without the Mini.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard... : 1)  Excellent use of grammar shouldn't be punished. 2)  The reset would be interesting.  With the MTT league finishing at the end of the year it'd be fun to have a leaderboard with everyone on zero.
    Posted by TommyD
    nor the lack of it

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard... : 
    Posted by GELDY

Excellent use of grammar shouldn't be punished.Nor the lack of it

They dont speak proper england like what they used to when i was a children.
  • edited December 2013
    All right, so we are doing this then.

One Main table.

One Mini table.

And because I'm feeling generous and into the Christmas spirits already... let's do a third combo-style table too.

It would be nice if I could present it in a proper 'table' format on screen though - any advice on how to do that?
  • edited December 2013
    All right, so we are doing this then. One Main table. One Mini table. And because I'm feeling generous and into the Christmas spirits already... let's do a third combo-style table too. It would be nice if I could present it in a proper 'table' format on screen though - any advice on how to do that?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Just when you do it in Excel, make sure you format it nicely, give the whole table a border etc and then just C + P it here and it'll keep all the borders/colours etc.
  • edited December 2013

do we want to limit the number of tourneys that count each month. ie only one's best 5 results. we can have leaderboards for main and for mini, but the prizes are just based on combined. i.e. best 5 results from either main or mini mtts. this would really give good mini players a chance to appear on the prize leaderboard.
  • edited December 2013
    1. Keep it simple
    2. Prize pool shd be split imo and similar to what jd suggested but reduce to £55 for the joint winner to make it fit the original offer
  • edited December 2013
    tommy d 1st n matt bates 2nd

whats new :)
  • edited December 2013
    Hey all, OK, we've got some prizes sorted for the players who are top of the leaderboard at the end of January. We're still discussing the Annual prizes (TBC) because it sort of coincides with something the team here are working on. That's still all very 'on the drawing board' though, so shhhh etc.  Prizes for the Jan Leaderboard winners: *  1st - £110 MTT Seat *  2nd - £55 MTT Seat *  3rd - £33 MTT Seat *  4th - £33 MTT Seat *  5th - £11 MTT Seat *  6th - £11 MTT Seat Slipwater - can you message me at the end of Jan to let me know who the six winners are and then those six would need to PM me to say which tourney they want to play. Sound good?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    All right, this is the value of prizes Sky has given us for January, so how do we want to split it? I will be doing three tables: Main - Mini - Combined. I know this has been mentioned by a few of you already, but if we can get this nailed we will pretty much be good to go in nine days :)
  • edited December 2013
    Hey Slipwater, 

Just so you know, I am off on holiday from Christmas Eve until 6 Jan (sick brag, I know!), but post your choice in this thread and the likes of Sky Sam and Sky Peter will be able to finalise that for you :)

Cheers!
    Dave
  • edited December 2013
    Hey Slipwater,  Just so you know, I am off on holiday from Christmas Eve until 6 Jan (sick brag, I know!), but post your choice in this thread and the likes of Sky Sam and Sky Peter will be able to finalise that for you :) Cheers! Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Nice one, Dave - maybe I can win a game of chess over the holidays too ;)
  • edited December 2013
    So total of £253 of prizes on offer, and I think they should definitely be split between Mini and Main cos if you do any prizes on the combined then obv people who can only afford to play the mini can only play 50% of the games of others and so have 50% chance, but prizes should be weighted towards the ME.

ME leaderboard
    1st = £110
    2nd = £55 
    3rd = £11

Mini leaderboard
    1st = £33
    2nd = £33
    3rd = £11

Seems fair.

• edited December 2013
    Very Impressed All!!

Great work!!!

Super idea Brian!!

PS I have a 'Friends of Sky Poker' FB group started with 200 members, from all Sky Teams & Many Independants!
    If you want to use this group to help or admin from,  pls do!!
    All Sky Friends are welcome in

PPS Work & family commitments, as said before, I'm well out of this idea of Brians, this is just suggestion to help you, but I will try & play obvs!!

GL !!!!!!
  • edited December 2013
    So total of £253 of prizes on offer, and I think they should definitely be split between Mini and Main cos if you do any prizes on the combined then obv people who can only afford to play the mini can only play 50% of the games of others and so have 50% chance, but prizes should be weighted towards the ME. ME leaderboard 1st = £110 2nd = £55  3rd = £11 Mini leaderboard 1st = £33 2nd = £33 3rd = £11 Seems fair.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I tend to agree about some people not being able to afford the Main Event. So, the combined table is just for bragging rights then? :)
  • edited December 2013
    Think prizes for mini shd be same as main
  • edited December 2013
    or at least closer than lamberts suggestion

ME leaderboard
    1st = £110
    2nd = £33
    3rd = £11

Mini leaderboard
    1st = £55
    2nd = £33
    3rd = £11

seems fairer

Also think you need t specify any tiebreak criteria fo people ending level on points