You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW

Comments

• edited July 2009
    GUYS GUYS GUYS..i got 4th and no cash other thn bossboxs bounty soz m8 awful call,,but i must say its the best torn on here so i think the suits upstairs and us players need to find a winning solution,we dont want sky taking this torn off but as players we want slightly better structure with places paid, 22.00 is a lot for us mortals so maybe make it 10.00 would that fill it more??. also why not once a week do the 22.00 ds on sat eve rather thn the open i think you will fill it more by really advertising and pushing it..im off for 2 weeks now all but b lukky
  • edited July 2009

The product guys have sorted satellite options and there will be a £2.40 buy in 10 seater satellite starting at 3pm, 4pm and 5.45pm, with 1 in 10 qualifying to the deepstack.  To get them completed prior to the deepstack, they will run with 3,000 chips and 3 minute blinds.  There will also be a 5pm sat with a £4.80 buy in.  This will run to 7 minute blinds with 2,000 starting chips.  We'll review how these go and develop as appropriate.   Good luck anyone participating.

• edited July 2009
    lads u want 2 keep this comp des has done all he can so please get urself registered for this comp, its wat we have all been miverin for. des tell u wat put me in wiv bounty on my head lets see the turnout 
  • edited July 2009
    personally i think congrats to sky fantastic idea.. im having a awful time tho so having a 2 week break from here but hopefully i will play when i come back on site.gl all
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    The product guys have sorted satellite options and there will be a £2.40 buy in 10 seater satellite starting at 3pm, 4pm and 5.45pm, with 1 in 10 qualifying to the deepstack.  To get them completed prior to the deepstack, they will run with 3,000 chips and 3 minute blinds.  There will also be a 5pm sat with a £4.80 buy in.  This will run to 7 minute blinds with 2,000 starting chips.  We'll review how these go and develop as appropriate.   Good luck anyone participating.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Thank you Des.
  • edited July 2009
    Please note: THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY. If you have got a tourny for £20+2 for 30 runners £500gtd that is quite a bit of money for some people to enter. They then look at the lobby and see it only pays the top 3. IF you are lucky OR good enough to Finnish 3rd you make £80. That will then give you 3 more entries to get in the money again, now i dont care how good some people think they are they are not going to get in the money 1 out of 4 consistently.So what would be the point in playing? You cant say it would be for fun because it would be expensive fun! My next point is about more players playing the £500 gtd, would love to see it, but you will still have the same problem with 50 players as 30. £20+2 obviously is £1000 witch will pay top 5, same scenario they will not play it as not enough places paid. This is why the payment structure needs to be changed to encourage other people to play IMO. Some people have said you know the structure before you play, if you dont like it dont play in it. Is this really the attitude we need to encourage people to play the deep stack? I will let you make your decision on that one. Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    there has been posts on the forum calling for this deepstack with a decent gtd pot so there should be plenty of runners when word gets around,sky maybe need to run it on one of the banners?,but the prize strucure is the standard so i dont see why people are moaning,it just needs more runners...simples

gl dave
  • edited July 2009
    GUYS GUYS GUYS..i got 4th and no cash other thn bossboxs bounty soz m8 awful call,,but i must say its the best torn on here so i think the suits upstairs and us players need to find a winning solution,we dont want sky taking this torn off but as players we want slightly better structure with places paid, 22.00 is a lot for us mortals so maybe make it 10.00 would that fill it more??. also why not once a week do the 22.00 ds on sat eve rather thn the open i think you will fill it more by really advertising and pushing it..im off for 2 weeks now all but b lukky
    Posted by razorkev
    huh? bounty in the deepstack???
  • edited July 2009

The product suit has come up with a good solution on the payment schedule. 

What we are going to do is this, from tomorrow evening's deepstack (Thursday) we are going to pay 6 players as per the percentages below.  Now we generally would not do this, as 10% of the field is the norm, however we are keen to help you make this tournament successful so we will pay six until we start to see regular fields of 70 players plus.  Then we will readjust back to 10% of the field. 

We will keep an eye on this thread and if the consensus changes, we can review with you.

Payouts (6 players)

1st - 30.00%
    2nd - 22.50%
    3rd - 17.50%
    4th - 12.50%
    5th - 10.00%
    6th -   7.50%

• edited July 2009
    this 1st one daveyy boss had 25.00 on his hd ,,I GOT IT...LOL
  • edited July 2009
    The product suit has come up with a good solution on the payment schedule.  What we are going to do is this, from tomorrow evening's deepstack (Thursday) we are going to pay 6 players as per the percentages below.  Now we generally would not do this, as 10% of the field is the norm, however we are keen to help you make this tournament successful so we will pay six until we start to see regular fields of 70 players plus.  Then we will readjust back to 10% of the field.  We will keep an eye on this thread and if the consensus changes, we can review with you. Payouts (6 players) 1st - 30.00% 2nd - 22.50% 3rd - 17.50% 4th - 12.50% 5th - 10.00% 6th -   7.50%
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des
    Good on you mate, you have listened to our gripes and been good on your word.
    To all my fellow poker players, it's up to us to make sure these tournies are well supported. I will play when i can, but if we don't, how can we now gripe about the "muppet suits" again.
    Sorry Des for that last  comment. I don't and have never thought of you as a muppet, but if i did you would be the chef lol. Why?, because no one can understand you welsh(hehe) accent and you throw everything into the mix and see what comes out the other side.

colin
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks des, i am sure this will help the tourny no end. Thanks to sky poker for bending over backwards to get this on. I will hopefully be the first name on the list tommorow. Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
  • edited July 2009
    Yes Yes Yes ..Apologise to the suits for calling them Muppet's (best i don't apply for a job  then)
    and as for DES  "YOUR THE BEST"  !!!  Great work in such short time ...
     You see TK how hard was that,  simple little satellite's for any tournament in the 'sit and go's !! 
    TK was the best but DES is now the man !!

Right where was I ...oh yes more Vino  !! More post's to get into !!
    Oh ..and let me say here ...MickJenn  tournament MTT on Thursday evening....brilliant Idea !!

" Who can ya turn to " !!  Benny   :))
  • edited July 2009
    nice 1 benny pour me a glass of wat ur havin m8 aaha
  • edited July 2009
    the problem is=the more that get paid the less the cash positions get.

then you will complain about not getting value!

i am one of the many who was happy about the edition of this tourney.i dont think it should be daily though as i cant aford to play every day and if it was just a couple of nights a week it would get more entries imo.
  • edited July 2009

Delighted - not just that some of the concerns have been addressed, but also that we are all singing the same song now. We all want this Tourney, the rest is mere detail, & Sky Poker listened.

Can't wait to get home & play this - I'll pre-Register for every night I'm available. There's your valooooooooooo
  • edited July 2009
    Delighted - not just that some of the concerns have been addressed, but also that we are all singing the same song now. We all want this Tourney, the rest is mere detail, & Sky Poker listened. Can't wait to get home & play this - I'll pre-Register for every night I'm available. There's your valooooooooooo
    Posted by Tikay10
    I dont think anything needs changing!!! We got 37 runners tonight Tikay :-) Result, so 5 paid, personally i dont feel a need for the 6 places paid rule, but give it a go if thats what people want, but like the guy said above, then people will moan about value... Just keep it simple IMO
  • edited July 2009
    Great tourney tonight. Well done sky!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : I dont think anything needs changing!!! We got 37 runners tonight Tikay :-) Result, so 5 paid, personally i dont feel a need for the 6 places paid rule, but give it a go if thats what people want, but like the guy said above, then people will moan about value... Just keep it simple IMO
    Posted by FlashFlush
    37? Excellent, we are on the Up.

I'm with you as to the payout structure, as it happens, but I'm happy to go with the flow, it's not that big a deal to me, either way.

Really pleased to hear there were 37 tonight. Been a fun campaign, this, now we just have to support it.
  • edited July 2009
    Great tourney tonight. Well done sky!
    Posted by MADMOO
    Thanks for hanging in there Moo.

A happy Moo is a thing of beauty.

• edited July 2009
    Yes  well done SKY and TK and my main man DES ....well i was  to busy on here to find  a satellite, so had to buy in  direct (sigh) .. made the final table ..finish 4th for 81 sov's ... alot of real good banter with mickjenn and others ...my apologies to the grizzlier with the short stack who i called with JQ soot-ed i'm already in the BB  ...they had AA ! and i got  lucky. They never stopped moaning at my bad play  me calling their  AA ....jeez it's poker ... but i do love an emotional game ...

If i counted the times i lost with AA,  it would be about the same,  as amount of times Ive won with  7 . 2 o/s ....!!!!!!!

Great game...more satellite's please  so  others get a chance to enter this one !

glk all  benny
  • edited July 2009
    @Des, Tikay and Sky Suits: Implementation of satellites is great news. It's a shame that they wont follow the same structure as the tournament itself but if I were playing a satellite I wouldn't want it to last for 3 hours so it has to be done.

Now we generally would not do this, as 10% of the field is the norm, however we are keen to help you make this tournament successful so we will pay six until we start to see regular fields of 70 players plus.  Then we will readjust back to 10% of the field.  Posted by Sky_Des
    I'm not a fan of the payout structure changing. Personally I don't think that changing it would make a significant difference to the numbers of entrants, yes we're paying double the people when the field is less than 30 but when the field surpasses 30 the top 2 places are losing so much value just for one extra payout, and.....

In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : We got 37 runners tonight Tikay :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    the field numbers have clearly bumped up already BEFORE the implementation of the changed payout structure. I'd like to think the increase in numbers has something to do with the new satellites (which I believe started yesterday? Please correct me if i'm wrong). If, with these satellites, we're passing 30 entrants  regularly (and therefore surpassing the guarantee) IMO there's no need to take money off the top 2 places for one extra payout.

If it is insisted by others that the renewed payout structure continues then I would ask that we revert to the usual 10% rule well before we start getting a regular field of 70 plus, maybe bring the number down to 50?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Thanks for hanging in there Moo. A happy Moo is a thing of beauty.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lovin the pic TK :)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Lovin the pic TK :)
    Posted by MADMOO
    Phew - glad it was taken in the spirit intended!
  • edited July 2009
    Well done to sky for trying new ideas that people have asked for (im talking about the idea of paying 6 places) but even with all the whingers that not enough getting paid, we only had 23 runners which is the 2nd lowest we have had... think this shows it doesnt make much of a difference and like myself and Tikay and many other REGULARS have said, lets keep it as it is, use skys usual payouts and stick with what we know!
  • edited July 2009
    Woohooo, just won the £20 deepie.... pitty it was made 6 paid cos i only got 150 rather than the 250 odd it wud of been, but im not complaining, Very good final table (apart from 1 clown just talking trash) but nice to see 5 other regulars there.

That pays for the primo now!! :-)
  • edited July 2009
    Woohooo, just won the £20 deepie.... pitty it was made 6 paid cos i only got 150 rather than the 250 odd it wud of been, but im not complaining, Very good final table (apart from 1 clown just talking trash) but nice to see 5 other regulars there.  That pays for the primo now!! :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well done Flash. Well played.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Well done Flash. Well played.
    Posted by MADMOO
    The final table was a very good game, congrats to flash, moo, drew and spitfire we a had probably the highest quality game i'vd had on here. Flash was a deserving winner. In terms of the payout structure i actually think paying 6 was a good idea. Looking back through all of the other posts, players have been asking for this, also it spreads the wealth. If you play everynight this can easily become expensive, i'm pretty sure that the 6 of us that cashed tonight will be back tomorrow. If you want a good game come and join us!
    Thanks to sky for the tournie and the satellites (i like to get in cheap if i can, lol).
  • edited July 2009

Well done Flash, & all the Finalists.

Save a Seat for me next week please.
  • edited July 2009

£7.5k Five00 buyin £22       500 deepstack buyin  £22   maybe thats why numbers are insufficient !!!!

• edited July 2009
    7.5k five00 7 min blinds all in or fold and a lot of luck, 500 ds 12 min blinds and a lot of skill and a real game of poker.