You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW

12346»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    That just played itself apple m8. You were unlucky to run into a lucky fish who shoves on a draw and hits ;)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    That just played itself apple m8. You were unlucky to run into a lucky fish who shoves on a draw and hits ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Got me bang to rights there Phil.

Sorry Mr Apple.
  • edited July 2009
    Not a problem...!

I do love the deepy though, allows for some proper poker...! Even though after hours of poker, a gambler takes a shot at a flush draw and wipes you out...! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance _AppleMac_ Small blind   75.00 75.00 3500.00 goodylad21 Big blind   150.00 225.00 9540.00   Your hole cards J J       SoLack Fold         joyce1 Fold         Tikay10 Call   150.00 375.00 4612.50 _AppleMac_ Raise   450.00 825.00 3050.00 goodylad21 Fold         Tikay10 Call   375.00 1200.00 4237.50 Flop     5 J 7       _AppleMac_ Check         Tikay10 All-in   4237.50 5437.50 0.00 _AppleMac_ All-in   3050.00 8487.50 0.00 Turn     A       River     4       _AppleMac_ Show J J       Tikay10 Show 9 Q       Tikay10 Win Flush to the Queen 8487.50   8487.50 Tikay just done me down in the deepy... my question is.... is there any way to get away from that hand... or does it just play itself...?
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    What you have to ask yourself is what would Tony say if he were analyising the hand.
    He has said before that yes he was a 32% to win the hand but when you checked and he went allin it increased his odds to win the hand. Ie if you didnt have trips you would have folded.
    Now then my point is that you let him semi bluff at you, had you bet out first it becomes more difficult for him to call or push.
    I know you know what im on about, i just thought i'd put my two peneth in.
    I would also expect Tony to say he was getting a decent price to call(in position), preflop.
    If i'm wrong then i'm sorry.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    Not a problem...! I do love the deepy though, allows for some proper poker...! Even though after hours of poker, a gambler takes a shot at a flush draw and wipes you out...! ;)
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Well I never Call in that Spot in a million years, but by me Pushing, you HAVE to Pass. Unless you have Top Set, of course......Sorry man, really, that was sooooooo ugly.

Anyways, I dumped them off when I ran my KK into MASSIE's AA.

In the other one - the Mick Jenn - I got done over by a quite spectacular Pre-Flop Call by a guy with KQ. Hey-Ho. I only had A-7 mind, but I made it 12 x BB & he snap-Called me.

Tomorrow we do it all over again. The downswing continues!

I gotta say, though, I thoroughly enjoyed both Tourneys tonight. Lost £27, but hadda bunch of laughs with the regularzs.
  • edited July 2009
    Tikay.... are you limping?!?!?!?! Not entering the pot with a raise? thats not like you :(
  • edited July 2009
    Tikay.... are you limping?!?!?!?! Not entering the pot with a raise? thats not like you :(
    Posted by hustler12
    No - he Raised in the BB, & I called wth a view to nicking it later if he showed weakness. He checked the Flop, meaning he was either weak, or extremely strong.

Then it all went horribly wrong/right........

I had Q-9 of Clubs, Flop was J high, 2 clubs. He checked, I Jammed, he snap-Called, I binked.

My head hangs in shame.....
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : What you have to ask yourself is what would Tony say if he were analyising the hand. He has said before that yes he was a 32% to win the hand but when you checked and he went allin it increased his odds to win the hand. Ie if you didnt have trips you would have folded. Now then my point is that you let him semi bluff at you, had you bet out first it becomes more difficult for him to call or push. I know you know what im on about, i just thought i'd put my two peneth in. I would also expect Tony to say he was getting a decent price to call(in position), preflop. If i'm wrong then i'm sorry. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Totally agree with you col... and that is the best way to play the hand...

My thought behing is was that tikay would of called a riase with KJ maybe QJ... so thought i was dominating... how I got that wrong...! But yes agree with your commments...!

Just got knocked out 3rd in the mickjenn tourn, my AJ vs A8 hits 8... thems the breaks...
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Totally agree with you col... and that is the best way to play the hand... My thought behing is was that tikay would of called a riase with KJ maybe QJ... so thought i was dominating... how I got that wrong...! But yes agree with your commments...! Just got knocked out 3rd in the mickjenn tourn, my AJ vs A8 hits 8... thems the breaks...
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Well that's a bit of profit Apple - well done m8.

The Poker Gods ensured I never profited from my Binkage. It all equals out in the end, & I'm delighted you nicked a few bob tonight.

I hope you are able to play the tikay Sleepie - 7pm Wednesday. Plenty of laughage in that.
  • edited July 2009
    I got another cash for £80 in the deepy but then got hammered by the poker gods - A9 v 8,7 and AQ v AJ both times seeing my dominated hands getting crushed by vile flops!! On a side note - congrats to deep stack regular Charlie aka Flashflush who took down the Open last night.
  • edited July 2009

Managed to get 2cd place tonight in this one nearly got my losses back for the month, now to try and sat into the sunday 100 (br not sufficient for a direct buy in).WP to Glen who won, u deserved it for sheer aggression on final table.

• edited July 2009
    I havent read the whole post so apoligies if this has been suggested/dealt with, but why not keep the guarentee,  halve the buyin and make a big thing about it.

I personally dont play it because of it being out of my BR at this time, but at £11 I would play for sure.
  • edited July 2009
    I havent read the whole post so apoligies if this has been suggested/dealt with, but why not keep the guarentee,  halve the buyin and make a big thing about it. I personally dont play it because of it being out of my BR at this time, but at £11 I would play for sure.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    There is a nice Tourney every Wednesday at 7pm which may suit you then, Mr White.

The "tikay Sleepstack" has 5,000 chips, 12 minute Blinds, & is on 10 Seater Tables.

£10 + £1 = great value, & it got 98 runners last week.
  • edited July 2009
    sounds good to me.  I am doing another £40 challenge, turning it into £1k by the end of the august, sounds right up my street :D
  • edited July 2009
    sounds good to me.  I am doing another £40 challenge, turning it into £1k by the end of the august, sounds right up my street :D
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Good Luck in it. It plays really nice, & there's always a bunch of banter in the Chat-Box.

Wednesday night, 7pm.
  • edited August 2009

2nd again! Very well played Greg,well done

• edited August 2009
    4th in my 2nd attempt in this one, might start playing it regularly :D
  • edited August 2009
    2nd again! Very well played Greg,well done
    Posted by MADMOO
    Thanks Lisa, WP you too.

• edited August 2009
    4th in my 2nd attempt in this one, might start playing it regularly :D
    Posted by NColley
    Please do, and encourage more people to play, its the best tournie on Sky imo.
  • edited August 2009

Well done Greg, Moooooooo, & NColley.

I really miss playing this Tourmey when I'm working. I'll be back in it on Wednesday, though.
  • edited August 2009

Regardless of payment this tourney is by far one of the better.  Tikay is right, if there isn't enough players to pay out all of the final table then the lucky few will have to go the extra mile to get paid - simples.
    Always play the Deep Stack, always will.
    :o)

• edited August 2009
    Just managed to take down my 1st 500ds, gr8 game with some gr8 plyers. Dont play often but imo is easily the best tourny on sky. Wp 2 every1 who cashed 2nite. Ozzie