You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Ive just made it through the sat phill so ill c u there gl, heres hoping for a gd night
  • edited July 2009

Great game again tonight. Well worth the £22, so friendly and proper poker! What more can you want!

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    Great game again tonight. Well worth the £22, so friendly and proper poker! What more can you want!
    Posted by MADMOO
    +1.

29 runners tonight, & everyone busily chatting in the chat Box all night.

And guess who Bubbled, sigh.....

A great evening though.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : +1. 29 runners tonight, & everyone busily chatting in the chat Box all night. And guess who Bubbled, sigh..... A great evening though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ul TK,  I went 1 before you, but still great game!
  • edited July 2009
    I agree great tourny, ive just got 2 try and stay in it a bit longer in future, wp to those who cashed 2nite, Ozzie
  • edited July 2009
    Yeh glad to see this this picking up a bit now, and AMAZED at how long ppl lasted for today, after almost 2 hours we had lost about 7 i think... great stuff, ppl realising not all poker it all in or fold..

Made FT tonight lost 1 60/40 race which crippled me, came back well but only managed 3rd... didnt get my 3rd deepstack win but due to more players got £100... Happy days

Well done all keep up the good work
  • edited July 2009
    Yeh glad to see this this picking up a bit now, and AMAZED at how long ppl lasted for today, after almost 2 hours we had lost about 7 i think... great stuff, ppl realising not all poker it all in or fold..  Made FT tonight lost 1 60/40 race which crippled me, came back well but only managed 3rd... didnt get my 3rd deepstack win but due to more players got £100... Happy days  Well done all keep up the good work
    Posted by FlashFlush
    A good result Charles, well done.

In the first hour, only TWO players exited.

This Tourney will get bigger & better come the autumn & winter.
  • edited July 2009
    You never know, it might become the £750gtd deep stack
  • edited July 2009
    You never know, it might become the £750gtd deep stack
    Posted by SoLack
    Not far from it... Now its looking like it will get a bit on TV coverage that will encourage more.... Only need to get to 40 for a £800 prize pool... The more players the more tables so there will still bit a lot of knockouts, so wont go on too late.
  • edited July 2009
    heres my pennies worth.......

why doesnt sky run some type of sitngo sat for entry  into the 22quid deepstack...
     a little like a DYM 6 RUNNERS 3 GET SEATS  and sky waviers the admin charge for this perticular sitngo ??....
    also every final tablist gets a ticket to enter another deepstack (naturally deducted from prize pool) ....
     i`ve only read 1st page of this thread ....
  • edited July 2009
    heres my pennies worth.......    why doesnt sky run some type of sitngo sat for entry  into the 22quid deepstack...  a little like a DYM 6 RUNNERS 3 GET SEATS  and sky waviers the admin charge for this perticular sitngo ??.... also every final tablist gets a ticket to enter another deepstack (naturally deducted from prize pool) ....  i`ve only read 1st page of this thread ....
    Posted by themackem
    If sky waivers the registration fees then whats the point in them doing it? they wont get anything out of it... I dont think FT should give tickets to other deepstacks either, if you make final table ATM then your GTD to almost double your buyin anyway, 

I dont see why this needs to be so complicated, why cant it be a regular trny like all the rest?
  • edited July 2009
    Yes  mackem ... I agree about 'sit n go' satellite's, I wish they would do some  but they must put on the charge or tax, it is a business after all.
    I'm not brown-nosing but the Team at Sky are doing their best and are being very generous in the way they are listening to their customer and player !!
    More satellite's please Sky, MTT's and "Sit n Go'  !!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    if we can use our poker points 4 a penguin sat why not 4 the ds sats same price sky.
  • edited July 2009
    if we can use our poker points 4 a penguin sat why not 4 the ds sats same price sky.
    Posted by DELTA

Yes  i agree DELTA  ..poker points would be good to be able to use them in satellite's
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : am i thick or were u a ringleader in trying to get sky to changer their payout structure.. and the u say they are running a business.... .. geees man im on the fence .. and dont care either way i was trying to boost runners and get final tablist another chance... remind me to delete my posts and take back my penny
    Posted by themackem
    1st of all in ur post 4 this 1, DONT CALL ME THICK!! 2bd of all if you check my posts you will see i have not once asked for FT to be paid, i have said leave it like it should be the whole time!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : 1st of all in ur post 4 this 1, DONT CALL ME THICK!! 2bd of all if you check my posts you will see i have not once asked for FT to be paid, i have said leave it like it should be the whole time!!!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    fight fight,see the cheek of makem, but its ok he can get away with chat banns,because he is in the sky poker click, is there a mtt with play getting bigger on sky? i will keep watching to see if it gets big enough for me to come back?doing great on other site, i think i am a 10 seat mtt player,6 seats dp sounds ok.
  • edited July 2009
    its a discussion ..... keep it friendly.
  • edited July 2009
    Great game tonight... by far the most enjoyable tournament on the site... great chat and great play...

Its always tempting to play the 9pm main event due to the cash prize at the end of it... but for all round poker play this deep stack it should attract more players... and if it does it should really take off... heres hoping...!
  • edited July 2009
    FINALLY a win for me!!! Congrats to both Rich and Tikay for final tabling - u were both true gents. Having to play and answer so many questions you both took it in your strides and also cashed - very well done!!
  • edited July 2009
    FINALLY a win for me!!! Congrats to both Rich and Tikay for final tabling - u were both true gents. Having to play and answer so many questions you both took it in your strides and also cashed - very well done!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    N1 Phil, well done... Please check out my thread on a possible fun league for this tournie. Thanks Greg
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by phil12uk
    Cheers Phil and well done on the win!
  • edited July 2009

Delighted for you Phil - well done.

And it ran for alnost 4 hours before anyone abused anyone else in the Chat Box. I thought we'd get all the way without Chat abuse tonight, such a great bunch of players, but maybe that was too optimistic.

And well done Rich, to Final, & Cash, off the back of a bad run of Form/luck/variance. Joking aside, he's a top, top, bloke, & I adore him. He's right up there with the photographer.
  • edited July 2009
    Well done m8, Ill be back playing tonight so ill be after my title again :-), good stuff well done all
  • edited July 2009
    Delighted for you Phil - well done. And it ran for alnost 4 hours before anyone abused anyone else in the Chat Box. I thought we'd get all the way without Chat abuse tonight, such a great bunch of players, but maybe that was too optimistic. And well done Rich, to Final, & Cash, off the back of a bad run of Form/luck/variance. Joking aside, he's a top, top, bloke, & I adore him. He's right up there with the photographer.
    Posted by Tikay10
    welcome to the real world tk? it happens on all sites,but other sites u can get away with chat bann more,i call ppl idiots muppets and dumb all the time even when my hand wins on other site its great,sky poker bann u too easy,what r sky trying to run? goody 2 shoes poker?
  • edited July 2009
     The £500 freeroll is ok but me for one would prefer payouts to end at 40 places or even 30. This would give higher cash payouts for everyone. Getting £2 is fine, but higher payouts across the board for say the top 30, I think everyone would consider fair and would give the tournament greater importance.  You run a good site, but giving a freeroll greater importance can only help your image and give the winners fatter pockets. In case your wondering I've yet to make the top 30/or 40 for that matter.
  • edited July 2009
     The £500 freeroll is ok but me for one would prefer payouts to end at 40 places or even 30. This would give higher cash payouts for everyone. Getting £2 is fine, but higher payouts across the board for say the top 30, I think everyone would consider fair and would give the tournament greater importance.  You run a good site, but giving a freeroll greater importance can only help your image and give the winners fatter pockets. In case your wondering I've yet to make the top 30/or 40 for that matter.
    Posted by THEHYDRA
    This thread is about the £500 DEEPSTACK at 7.15 £22 buyin, not the freeroll m8
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : This thread is about the £500 DEEPSTACK at 7.15 £22 buyin, not the freeroll m8
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lolololol

HYDRA - SEE MY THREAD IT'S MORE UP UR STREET ;)
  • edited July 2009

Amazing!

Many people requested a deep stack tournament like this so SKY intoduce it (they should be given credit for listening to us), but now instead of supporting the tournament they moan and say they're playing it because it is not yet popular enough! Toys out of prams come to mind.

Give it a chance! If the palyers who said they would not play actually played in it then we wouldnt have the so called problem they complain about. I agree with Tikay on this matter,the structure should not be changed.

Personally I dont mind, I am happy to win the money if they dont play and I cant see any difference if the bubble is 5th or 6th, final table or not, thats poker.

• edited July 2009
    This is the best tournament on Sky Poker.

FACT!

The payout structure is fine and, as Tikay has pointed out on several occasions, more players will cash when more players enter.

Spread the word, people.  Let's increase those starting fields...
  • edited July 2009
    This is the best tournament on Sky Poker. FACT! The payout structure is fine and, as Tikay has pointed out on several occasions, more players will cash when more players enter. Spread the word, people.  Let's increase those starting fields...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Very well said James!