You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Diary

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Thanks mate. Yeah, I took down a low stakes BH a couple of weeks ago for about £100, then finished 8th in the 10k BH on Monday. That's where most of it has come from.

I do play MTT's mostly. I enjoy them the most. Don't know why. I am planning on trying cash more next month. I was going to play more cash this month, but then I set myself the target of 1000 reward points to get into the 4k freeroll. This meant I switched to £5.50 DYM's. As I felt I had most chance of hitting my mark with those games (running along side my MTT's). I only play 2 tables at a time so very low volume.

I wont be playing much poker for the next week due to a few things, and I'm off to Tenerife on the 27th but my reward points are at 929 or something. I'm planning on the main and mini on Monday night again so with a few DYM's I should hit the mark.

Thanks for reading my diary mate. I've got a lot of support from the forum and had nice comments in the chat box as well as some railing on a few occasions.
  • edited February 2014
    Not much to report. Played some cash. Lost about £8 and cashed *edit* 3/7 dyms (sigh)

BR £472.64

RP 974

DYM 37/62
  • edited February 2014

Played the main and mini tonight. The final table jackpot dream was alive till about 11ish lol. I ran deep-ish in both. 23rd in the main with no heads, 14th in the mini with 6 heads. That gave me about £25 profit between them, then I entered £250 gtd. finished nowhere. The classic check/call check/call river brings the flush, value bet I have to call because I have the straight. Then it became a shove-fest. Eventually my 44 ran into QQ. So at least I have a very small profit for the night and I have surpassed my February goal of 1000 reward points so i'll be in the 1st 4k freeroll in March. Probably wont be playing for a week or so now so at least I reached my goal and am in profit for the month.

BR £482.63

RP 1012

DYM 37/62

• edited February 2014
    Had a couple of hours today. Entered £400 bh. Ran my tp into a disguised rivered straight. Bye bye. Sat down for an hours cash 20NL Turned my £20 in to £40 so happy days.

BR £497.71

RP 1043

DYM 37/62
  • edited March 2014
    Well back from a lads 4 day trip. Still feel a bit fuzzy ha ha.

I have decided to can my mini dym challenge. Last month I played them for the points. I found them a bit too formulaic and didn't really enjoy them. I will be back to my MTT's and trying to play more cash.

I have just registered for the 1st 4k freeroll on sunday so hoping to get some free cash out of that.

Just before I went away I donked off my £20 winnings from before.

Today I played the £150 bh and £300 bh.

Took 2 heads and finished 10th, just in the cash, in the £150 for £3.44 profit.

Took 4 heads and finished 7th, cashed again, for a total profit of £13.82 So £17.36 overall. Not bad. Was a bit gutted to go out of the £300. Lost a flip with 44 vs AQo. Would have been in good shape if I had got the double up.

BR £482.67

RP 11
  • edited March 2014
    Well a 10th place finish again in the £150 (pays 11) with 2 heads again. Slightly better heads for a profit of £5.10.
    Had some major luck though. Got it in dominated twice and survived. Also shoved 3 hands on the trot. Lost first 1 which left me short(stupid bounty chasing) then picked up AQs next hand, got called by AJh sweaty flop as villain flopped 2 hearts but my hand held up, then next hand picked up 88. Its was the bb of the villain from the previous hand (who was loose anyway) and I thought he could be tilted so I shoved, got called by k9off and survived.

£300 bh started off great, took 2 bounties in 1 hand early on, built up to about 8.5k after that going really well then lost AA vs JJ aipf, jack on the flop, then lost 2 races on the trot, still had 4k but was 20bb, Raised AQo got called from bb flop was all hearts KJx and I had the Ah. Guy bet out so I shoved, he had K5o with Kh. It held. Then my 77 6/7bb shove got called by J8o. Jack on the river severely pee'd me off, but hey ho. The 2 bounties nearly covered my buy in (10p short lol) I was just upset my perfect March cashing record was beat.

BR £487.66

RP 22
  • edited March 2014
    Bit of a "meh" day yesterday. lost a buy in at 20nl (bbv did I donk it off). after my 2 mtt's Then managed to play last night. 2k bh was like bingo, didn't do anything. 1k bh wasn't much better but I managed to adjust, took 2 heads and finished 28th for another min cash. I was really unlucky in a few hands. Had Aces cracked, and lost a big pot near the finish. I had J9o in the bb min raised pot with 2 callers. So I called (think blinds were 150/300 12k stack) and flopped top 2. original raiser bets out and I raise, he calls. Turn is a king, (q10 Kj go ahead) aggressor checks so I bet halfpot and he calls. River is a queen. No flush but board is 9JQKx it gets checked to me. Given the villains weak play thus far I think I have the best hand here and put him on AK or AQ, I bet 3k and he calls with QQ for rivered set. Grrrrrrr.

Today I played the £150bh and £300.

Was on a major heater early doors in the £150. Took 5 heads and mustered up a 14k stack within an hour. Then hit a plateau. Tried to apply pressure but my luck deserted me. Lost 2 races and was down to 8k when average had crept up to 5k. Managed to negotiate being completely card dead and ft bubbled for 7th. (cashed again) total profit for tourney £10.19 Exit hand was another race I didn't win 88 vs A9. Hit the 9 just to be extra cruel

£300 got off to a good start, AA held (makes a change lol) in 3rd or 4th hand doubled up and got to about 5k. Then I think the fact I was on such a heater in the other tourney got the better of me. I made a stupid shove on the turn with bottom pair and the nut flush draw against a good reg. There were 2 queens on the board and it was obvious he had one. My flush missed the river and I was down to 1.5k. Then similarly to the £150 I lost ANOTHER race when I shoved my 99 into a raised pot with 3 callers, they all folded except the last one who had J10o. You guessed it. Jack on the flop.

It just seems at the minute I feel I am playing well and managing to go deep, but when the blinds catch up and its time to start sticking it in I cant catch a break. Even if I build a nice stack so I can play more I seem to lose large chunks of it making the correct calls (esp in BH's). I cant even get to a nice 40/50bb stack with 10/15 players left no matter how I play it.

Although I cant complain for march seen as though i've cashed in 5/8 MTT's. Shame no final tables.

I was thinking about joining a team. Mainly because at the minute I am the only one critique-ing my play. I've posted some hands in the clinic and BBV and have had some really good advice. But seen as though poker is a forever learning game it wouldn't hurt to have some people railing me and being able to give me pointers when I don't play hands correctly.

BR £473.77

RP 87
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: My Diary:
    Bit of a "meh" day yesterday. lost a buy in at 20nl (bbv did I donk it off). after my 2 mtt's Then managed to play last night. 2k bh was like bingo, didn't do anything. 1k bh wasn't much better but I managed to adjust, took 2 heads and finished 28th for another min cash. I was really unlucky in a few hands. Had Aces cracked, and lost a big pot near the finish. I had J9o in the bb min raised pot with 2 callers. So I called (think blinds were 150/300 12k stack) and flopped top 2. original raiser bets out and I raise, he calls. Turn is a king, (q10 Kj go ahead) aggressor checks so I bet halfpot and he calls. River is a queen. No flush but board is 9JQKx it gets checked to me. Given the villains weak play thus far I think I have the best hand here and put him on AK or AQ, I bet 3k and he calls with QQ for rivered set. Grrrrrrr. Today I
     played the £150bh and £300. Was on a major heater early doors in the £150. Took 5 heads and mustered up a 14k stack within an hour. Then hit a plateau. Tried to apply pressure but my luck deserted me. Lost 2 races and was down to 8k when average had crept up to 5k. Managed to negotiate being completely card dead and ft bubbled for 7th. (cashed again) total profit for tourney £10.19 Exit hand was another race I didn't win 88 vs A9. Hit the 9 just to be extra cruel £300 got off to a good start, AA held (makes a change lol) in 3rd or 4th hand doubled up and got to about 5k. Then I think the fact I was on such a heater in the other tourney got the better of me. I made a stupid shove on the turn with bottom pair and the nut flush draw against a good reg. There were 2 queens on the board and it was obvious he had one. My flush missed the river and I was down to 1.5k. Then similarly to the £150 I lost ANOTHER race when I shoved my 99 into a raised pot with 3 callers, they all folded except the last one who had J10o. You guessed it. Jack on the flop. It just seems at the minute I feel I am playing well and managing to go deep, but when the blinds catch up and its time to start sticking it in I cant catch a break. Even if I build a nice stack so I can play more I seem to lose large chunks of it making the correct calls (esp in BH's). I cant even get to a nice 40/50bb stack with 10/15 players left no matter how I play it. Although I cant complain for march seen as though i've cashed in 5/8 MTT's. Shame no final tables. I was thinking about joining a team. Mainly because at the minute I am the only one critique-ing my play. I've posted some hands in the clinic and BBV and have had some really good advice. But seen as though poker is a forever learning game it wouldn't hurt to have some people railing me and being able to give me pointers when I don't play hands correctly. BR £473.77 RP 87
    Posted by ShaunyT

Cashing quite alot tho in mtts so still getting something.

I feel I have the same problem late on in tourny.s and just cant make that FT.

but having a little more luck lately or better play not sure which one.

I think the teams are very good for advice and getting too know  some of the players u sit with
    I joined tpt a few months back and they have been great. Have a look at the team threads and decide what u fancy if u go ahead with it.

gl in the meantime.
  • edited March 2014
    Cheers Chris. I will have a butchers today. Gonna take a tourney down today. I can feel it in my waters lol
  • edited March 2014
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    pokerfa685 Small blind  40.00 40.00 710.00
    ShaunyT Big blind  80.00 120.00 1735.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

gunn01651 Raise  160.00 280.00 2680.00
    Limp2Lose Raise  400.00 680.00 5730.00
    blacksnow Fold     
    hughes0172 Fold     
    pokerfa685 All-in  710.00 1390.00 0.00
    ShaunyT Call  670.00 2060.00 1065.00
    gunn01651 Fold     
    Limp2Lose All-in  5730.00 7790.00 0.00
    ShaunyT All-in  1065.00 8855.00 0.00
    Limp2Lose Unmatched bet  4315.00 4540.00 4315.00
    pokerfa685 Show
    • A

ShaunyT Show
    • A
    • A

Limp2Lose Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

Turn

• K

River

Limp2Lose Win Three Kings 4540.00  8855.00

Knew I shouldn't have opened my mouth.
  • edited March 2014
    Lol. Unlucky im sure youll get one today.
  • edited March 2014
    Well yesterday was fun. Shouldn't have opened my mouth with regards to MTT's. Played the £150 like a true donk then exited the £300 (see hand above). Would have had a near full treble up plus a head. Instead I bust.

Although, funny story time..... are you sitting comfortably? Then i'll begin.............

So its Friday night, my son is in bed, my girlfriend had fallen asleep on me so I'm pinned to the couch. There's knack all on tv, but because I'm such a nice guy I didn't want to move and wake my girlfriend up. I just manage to reach her ipod touch (note thats IPOD not IPAD). So I remember sky is now available on them. I load it up and sit at a 20nl table. My thinking was to just give it a whirl and see what it plays like, not really to play properly or get involved. So I sits down and gets JJ first hand utg. Given that I'm on an IPOD and my fingers are half size of the screen, I have trouble negotiating the controls lol. I manage a 4x raise (its Friday night remember-the crazies come out) and get 3bet (£1.40 I think)from the sb who has £10 something. I cant manage to 4bet as the bar has slid over to ALL IN and I cant slide it back haha, so I elect to call. The flop is 7 high. The villain shoves for £9 something so I call, he shows AK and I hold up. Happy days. Then I few raises later and picking up AK suited and I'm £14 up. Playing on an ipod was far too fiddly although I don't think its designed for that. So I played for about 10mins then quit. True hit n run lol.

In other news I have joined TPT. I was kindly pointed there by Chris Mc and warmly welcomed by POKERTREV when I posted a thread in the team talk.

I am looking forward to the DTD's on Monday where I will be making my debut.

I wont manage to play today or tonight but I am in the 4k freeroll tomorrow. I have noticed a few of you who have been kind enough to comment on my thread are in it, so it will be nice to play with some of you and hopefully take all of your chips ha ha.

Only kidding,

BR £478.96

RP 102
  • edited March 2014
    Well yesterday was fun. Shouldn't have opened my mouth with regards to MTT's. Played the £150 like a true donk then exited the £300 (see hand above). Would have had a near full treble up plus a head. Instead I bust. Although, funny story time..... are you sitting comfortably? Then i'll begin............. So its Friday night, my son is in bed, my girlfriend had fallen asleep on me so I'm pinned to the couch. There's knack all on tv, but because I'm such a nice guy I didn't want to move and wake my girlfriend up. I just manage to reach her ipod touch (note thats IPOD not IPAD). So I remember sky is now available on them. I load it up and sit at a 20nl table. My thinking was to just give it a whirl and see what it plays like, not really to play properly or get involved. So I sits down and gets JJ first hand utg. Given that I'm on an IPOD and my fingers are half size of the screen, I have trouble negotiating the controls lol. I manage a 4x raise (its Friday night remember-the crazies come out) and get 3bet (£1.40 I think)from the sb who has £10 something. I cant manage to 4bet as the bar has slid over to ALL IN and I cant slide it back haha, so I elect to call. The flop is 7 high. The villain shoves for £9 something so I call, he shows AK and I hold up. Happy days. Then I few raises later and picking up AK suited and I'm £14 up. Playing on an ipod was far too fiddly although I don't think its designed for that. So I played for about 10mins then quit. True hit n run lol. In other news I have joined TPT. I was kindly pointed there by Chris Mc and warmly welcomed by POKERTREV when I posted a thread in the team talk. I am looking forward to the DTD's on Monday where I will be making my debut. I wont manage to play today or tonight but I am in the 4k freeroll tomorrow. I have noticed a few of you who have been kind enough to comment on my thread are in it, so it will be nice to play with some of you and hopefully take all of your chips ha ha. Only kidding, BR £478.96 RP 102
    Posted by ShaunyT

welcome too the team mate and gl in your freeroll.
  • edited March 2014
    Well I managed to finish in the money in the freeroll. 44th for £16. Free money :-D

I played some cash Saturday night. Wow its crazy. I played very well. Value bet the crazy players and tightened up when needed. Sat down at 20nl and left with £50 profit. I got some absolutely mental calls, although I did get a bit of luck. I raised with 55 and hit my set on the flop but there were 2 spades, the villain led out so I raised him (plus we had previous) and he shoved on me for £15. I called and he had A4spades for the nut flush draw, but I held. Got some nice hands paid, but also had aces 3 times and got nothing so it could have been even better. Cant complain though.

Just played a little 20nl after the freeroll. Had KK cracked by 10 2 suited, check/call check/call value bet river when flush comes in. Literally every time this happens they have it against me.
    Although my luck changed when an absolute horrible human being started donking off his money and abusing people. I was the main beneficiary of both money and abuse ha ha.
    So I was down £10 at one point but left the table £23 in profit. So a good weekend all round really.

Looking forward to the DTD tomorrow night

BR £564.62

RP 160
  • edited March 2014
    well I had a few hiccups in 2 £150bh's taking only 1 head in total and finishing nowhere in either. £300 bh I hit some really good hands late on, took 4 bounties and finished 3rd. (about £30 profit) Lost a flip 3 handed when my 88 didn't hold up against AJ. Would have took another head and being HU. Thanks once again to mrsduck for the railing, we played on the penultimate table together and I always finish 3rd when she rails me lol.

Really enjoyed the DTD's tonight. Got to play with my new team mates, and had some good chat with others. I had a good start in 1, never really got going in 2 and went pretty deep in 3. Finished 48th 75th and 27th. Well worth a fiver of anybody's money.

BR £581.13

RP 174
  • edited March 2014
    I was on the ft too remember? I finished 5th :)
  • edited March 2014
    I was on the ft too remember? I finished 5th :)
    Posted by mrsduck

loooooooool sry, I forgot you got moved and we got re-united.

My many apologies for not crediting you with a FT.

Guess what? Just finished 3rd AGAIN grrrrrrrr.
    ShaunyT03£22.03 + £8.42 Head Prizes3
    should have had another head and a bigger chip stack but got a split pot when I had dominating hand. Then ran my A6 into KK aipf (only had about 12bb at this point)

had a good cash session too. Was £17 quid down at one point but managed to keep my cool and reload and finsh about £14 to the good.

So my BR has broke the £600 mark and ive taken money out a couple of months ago, I think it was £230 or something. so my BR doesn't reflect my 2014 profit.

Keeping this diary has really helped develop my poker. Not just at the tables but stratergy wise and BR management too.

Had great fun in the DTD last night. Managed a respectable 23rd position on the leader board on my debut (not as good as DOHHHHHHHH's debut mind) and had great fun railing my team mates HU and DOHHHHHHHHHH. Unlucky Chris Mc. Nice take down GELDY.

Looking forward to next Monday night already

£615.46

BR 218
  • edited March 2014
    well did nothing except take a few heads in MTTs yesterday. Also lost a buy in at 20nl when my JJ was cracked by Q3 suited. The worst part of it was the A clubs came on the river to put 4 clubs on the board and I had the J. I had played my hand fast (cos I hate JJ) so by the river I was pot committed.

So not a great day.

Just playing the £150 bh at the minute. Got 4k stack early on then picked up AA in the bb, raise, 3bet shove from the sb, the sb and raiser had nearly same stack so I put the raiser all in. He calls with 66!!!! at least the sb had QQ, flop comes 345 with a 7 on the turn was inevitable. Would have had 7k stack with 2 heads! now im sitting on 3k. Oh well, better concentrate now I guess. Came to my diary to vent so I don't go on tilt ha ha.

Will be in the £300 at 11.30 too

BR £564.38

RP 337
  • edited March 2014
    well did nothing except take a few heads in MTTs yesterday. Also lost a buy in at 20nl when my JJ was cracked by Q3 suited. The worst part of it was the A clubs came on the river to put 4 clubs on the board and I had the J. I had played my hand fast (cos I hate JJ) so by the river I was pot committed. So not a great day. Just playing the £150 bh at the minute. Got 4k stack early on then picked up AA in the bb, raise, 3bet shove from the sb, the sb and raiser had nearly same stack so I put the raiser all in. He calls with 66!!!! at least the sb had QQ, flop comes 345 with a 7 on the turn was inevitable. Would have had 7k stack with 2 heads! now im sitting on 3k. Oh well, better concentrate now I guess. Came to my diary to vent so I don't go on tilt ha ha. Will be in the £300 at 11.30 too BR £564.38 RP 337

Posted by ShaunyT

Im sure youll do fine. Unlucky wih your jj right enough.
    got a bet at cheltnam if it comes in my br will take a massive boost. 
    Gl in your mtts
  • edited March 2014
    well, I think a mixture of bad luck and bad play saw me out pretty quickly in both £150 and £300 bh. In fact I was out so quickly I registered for the £500bh at 12, which I shouldn't have done as the buy in is £22. I lasted 4 hands lol, when my nut straight ran into the nut flush!!!

In hindsight I could have got away from it, I was the one who jammed over a value bet when realistically all I was ever gonna get called by was a flush.

I played some cash and ran into monster after monster. I lost a buy in at 20nl but kept my composure, reloaded, ran into some more monsters, topped up, kept my composure and managed to leave the table a quid down! So whilst profit wise it wasn't a good session I feel for my game it was as I was £30 odd quid down and managed to stay patient and pull it back. There were a few regs on the table, a few fish and me (somewhere in the middle lol). I feel I held my own against the regs and actually managed to play position and get some nice bluffs through.

Today ive bust the £150 at 945am already but am regged for the 1045 and the £300 at 1130.

I lost a big pot when somebody played KK very passively, I had TP TK and value bet the river and for some reason the villain just called with an overpair. The board had a very unlikely straight but that is an indication of how passive this player was. Then I lost another pot when the river brought a straight in after I had been value betting TP TK again.
    My decision to shove QJ suited into a raised pot nearly paid off when I flopped a flush draw and turned a gutshot too. Unfortunately I didn't hit (3way pot-would have tripled up).

So my head is clear, gonna get the kettle on, make a cuppa and get my A game warmed up for 15mins time......

PS
    Hope your bet came in Chris!!!! 
  • edited March 2014
    well nothing in the £300 but a 4th in the £150
    ShaunyT04£11.65 + £6.62 Head Prizes5
    I had some a few dodgy hands and some crazy luck late on. I was applying pressure with my 25k stack (blinds were 400/800) pretty shallow stacks. A guy min raised (soft table) I shoved in the cut off with the monster that is 97off and got called on the button by JJ. Luckily he only had a 4k stack..... or so I thought. Caught a 7 on the flop, 9 on the turn, and rivered a fh with a 7 just to rub it in.  Then later the button raised 3k (500/1000) I had A9 suited so shoved and he had KK which held.
    That hurt me, I managed a double up with some more crazy luck 87suited vs AKoff. Ace hit on the flop, turn gave me opened ended straight, river brought it home lol, but was hovering around 15-20k constantly as the blinds had crept up. Eventually picked up JJ and shoved got called by 100k stack chip leader with AQsuited and couldn't hold up! Not to say I didn't have my luck, but I seem to be able to FT in low stakes MTT's quite a bit but very rarely TID. I always loose big flips with 4/5 left.

BR £545.39

RP 467
  • edited March 2014
    Played a £5.50 dym. TP K-kicker guys has 77, 7 on river. £750 bh, running really well, took 4 heads, for fiver profit did well not to go bust with overpair vs set then as that took 50% of my stack I eventually got it in JJvs88 with about 12bb, villain only just had me covered so called for his tourney life with 88!! 8 on the river...... fuming. Running really badly in the late stages of tourneys.

£545.06

RP 482
  • edited March 2014
    then enters £400 bounty hunter my KQsuited vs K4off cant hold up when ive hit my king. Villian calls raise then 3bet with K4off then gii when king hits..... oh lawdy. 4 on turn. cheers sky.
  • edited March 2014
    lost £8 at cash and did nothing in £300bh except take a head but had cashes in £200 gtd and £150bh.

the £200 gtd came down to another losing flip for me. ironically AQvsJJ with me having the over and not hitting (the exact reverse of the other day).

The £150bh was particularly brutal. I saw all sorts of bad beats and suck outs. (some for, some against) 3 handed my top 2 pair ran into the rivered nut flush which hurt my stack a lot. then lost a few smaller pots and I was down to 10bb, shove the button with air and got called by Q6suited which hit the Q on the flop. Took a few heads as well though.

ShaunyT03£14.54 + £8.38 Head Prizes5
    ShaunyT05£21.20

My ratio of FT to win is shocking lol.

BR £562.68

RP 524
  • edited March 2014
    Dear Sky

Can I change my name to Doctor Run Bad?

DTD1 AAvsKKvs55 5 hits. Standard. DTD2 crippled by a marginal call then shoves A9 over a min raiser who has AK, hits my 9 WAHEYYYY board double pairs QQJJ so counterfeited, split pot. Next hand 44 on button with 12bb shoves into AA. ace on flop and turn. goodnight sweet prince. Cant remember DTD3.

bounty hunters. 2nd hand 77 in bb, full table limp. raises get 4 callers 763 flop quality. utg leads out, 1 caller in cold 3bet gets shoved on by utg who has 45 offsuit. UTG limp caller 45off!!!

Then next  bounty hunter QQ vs AK aipf. Lose race as per.

in one last bounty hunter now then im off to bury the laptop in the back garden.

FML
  • edited March 2014
    Bad run continues.

cashed in the £150bh with 2 heads but FT bubbled when I shoved my 55 into A5 and villan hit his ace on the river. standard for me.

Crippled in the £3oo bh by this hand
    ROSSRL Small blind  10.00 10.00 3730.00
    catseyes18 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1700.00
      Your hole cards

hills06 Call  20.00 50.00 1760.00
    goose27909 Fold     
    ShaunyT Raise  60.00 110.00 2550.00
    kai5 Fold     
    ROSSRL Call  50.00 160.00 3680.00
    catseyes18 Fold     
    hills06 Call  40.00 200.00 1720.00
    Flop

• K

ROSSRL Check     
    hills06 Check     
    ShaunyT Bet  100.00 300.00 2450.00
    ROSSRL Fold     
    hills06 Call  100.00 400.00 1620.00
    Turn

hills06 Check     
    ShaunyT Bet  200.00 600.00 2250.00
    hills06 Raise  400.00 1000.00 1220.00
    ShaunyT All-in  2250.00 3250.00 0.00
    hills06 All-in  1220.00 4470.00 0.00
    ShaunyT Unmatched bet  830.00 3640.00 830.00
    hills06 Show

ShaunyT Show

River

hills06 Win Full House, 10s and 7s 3640.00  3640.00
    thoughts? just unlucky?

then entered the £500 bh built a nice stack up then this happened
    bogacki05 Small blind  30.00 30.00 1120.00
    vrp25 Big blind  60.00 90.00 1580.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

xxMIANxx Fold     
    ShaunyT Raise  180.00 270.00 2700.00
    NANNYB Call  180.00 450.00 3450.00
    bogacki05 All-in  1120.00 1570.00 0.00
    vrp25 Fold     
    ShaunyT All-in  2700.00 4270.00 0.00
    NANNYB Fold     
    ShaunyT Unmatched bet  1730.00 2540.00 1730.00
    bogacki05 Show
    • A

ShaunyT Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

bogacki05 Win Three 3s 2540.00  2540.00
    again, thoughts welcome.

I just seem to be running terribly. On top of this I'm having major issues with the sky software (sky move your threads to the feedback area and don't even bother commenting- cheers sky). Posting hand histories to see where im going wrong is a ballache so im inclined not to bother. All in all, very pee'd off at the minute and thinking of just withdrawing my money and moving on. Maybe that's just the bad beats speaking. I don't know. But I am starting to see why sky poker isn't the premier uk poker site it should be. Which is a real shame because the people on here are great, and the DTD tourneys on Monday are great fun (except when my AA gets cracked).

BR £488.34

RP 618
  • edited March 2014
    Very unlucky in both. I'm going through an awful beat stage aswell just gotta hang in there. The results will come. 
    :-)
  • edited March 2014
    i honestly dont know how you MTT heads cope with the variance.

if i get a hand cracked and lose a buy in i can just play another 10 sng's in an hour and usually forget about most beats. but to have a 3hour grind get shot down and only be able to play 3-4 MTT's max in a night i can see why it would tilt any rationality right out of you.

• edited March 2014
    i honestly dont know how you MTT heads cope with the variance. if i get a hand cracked and lose a buy in i can just play another 10 sng's in an hour and usually forget about most beats. but to have a 3hour grind get shot down and only be able to play 3-4 MTT's max in a night i can see why it would tilt any rationality right out of you.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    its all about volume! 

I get what your saying though - it is crushing sometimes to play well for hours, get into a good position deep in a tourney then take a beat just before the decent money

on the other hand though, nothing beats the feeling of winning an MTT IMO. you have the potential to win many times your buy in, and in some ocassions 100's x your buy in. imagine the rush playing for that kind of money. that is the high all of us "MTT heads" chase.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: My Diary : its all about volume!  I get what your saying though - it is crushing sometimes to play well for hours, get into a good position deep in a tourney then take a beat just before the decent money on the other hand though, nothing beats the feeling of winning an MTT IMO. you have the potential to win many times your buy in, and in some ocassions 100's x your buy in. imagine the rush playing for that kind of money. that is the high all of us "MTT heads" chase.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    +1.....Less the winning part of the post, obvs.