You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THREAD CLOSED

167891012»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Urban Dictionary:
    having a go  

Complaining, threatening or telling off another person.
    Stop having a go at me!
    I was like having a phat go at him.
    hope this helps
    made me chuckle, is that still going!!
  • edited January 2010
    I have to agree this site is full of chancers who gamble with rags and get rewarded on the river.
  • edited January 2010
    This is my first post, so hi everybody!.
    I have to agree that there are a lot of chancers who will go for it with absolute garbage in their hands but you can only try to identify them and adapt your game as best you can. I have not been playing for that long and therefore I do not consider myself a truly skilful player, but I am learning and I often find that, when I suffer a few bad beats, it is better to take a little break and return a few days letter with a clear head and hopefully better luck!.
    I must admit I am also starting to play the odd not-so-good pocket when I feel flops are favouring lower cards. In any case, as a lot of people have said in this thread, there is not much point in moaning and, in the long run, skilled playing pays off, but i share the frustration.

PS: Having said that, after a bad beat, I will often swear at my computer screen as I congratulate the lucky chancer ;-)
  • edited January 2010
    just going to kick the cat,been knocked out the primo,1000 gar,1000 velocity.with ak against a10,a3 and 10 9 it does test you resolve on this site sometimes,when you see the same faces winning there races,Alot of the time with rubbish. 

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : My problem is that fed up 2 back teeth of saying 2 ppl u were very unlucky when they had best hand and have been called by total chancing muppet and surprise suprise the muppet wins (AGAIN). Have bitten my tongue 4 weeks nows hoping it would get better, but it hasnt !!!! I am a fairly decent, solid player but it feels like if I want 2 get further on sky then I have to join the chancing muppets.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    had 5 full houses in 48 hours an lost the lot surely no one can be that unlucky  wats goin on can u imagine the odds of that happening totally unreal sticking 2 live poker now  this sort of stuff didnt happen when i first played good play gorewarded  now it seems the opposite totally agree with u bad play gets rewarded all the time
  • edited January 2010
    this thread never ceases to make me laugh.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : had 5 full houses in 48 hours an lost the lot surely no one can be that unlucky  wats goin on can u imagine the odds of that happening totally unreal sticking 2 live poker now  this sort of stuff didnt happen when i first played good play gorewarded  now it seems the opposite totally agree with u bad play gets rewarded all the time
    Posted by eatmyset
    post hh or it never happened!
  • edited January 2010
    They may be happening more on sky 'to you' lately.... Its known as running bad, But theyre definately happening as frequently on sky as they r in any other poker game, or on any other poker site. Its a game of odds, if you get a fella all in on the turn with 5 outs, the 'luck' will be 90-10 in your favour!You make ya own luck. If ur running bad its frustrating yeh but limiting the damage by playing well inbetween the bad beats and keeping ur cool when things seem to be going wrong is key. Hope it turns round for ya! DOHH By the way, is your poker alias really a reflection of ur erm...well.....what every1 wud automatically assume it is?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    turn and river beats do happen live but not as much as online. just how random are cards dealt
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : turn and river beats do happen live but not as much as online. just how random are cards dealt
    Posted by rivers87
    Random is random. There's no reason for them not to be!

The turn & river = 40% of the board.
  • edited January 2010
    They happen just as much live as they do online, fyi.
  • edited January 2010
    And im a poker dealer now, believe me :D
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Well wether u sit there n take it in silence, or shout n scream, it's not gonna make any difference, and it's never ever gonna stop happening! I read it on here time n time again but it remains true, that u shud want to be playing against these type of players, find em n sit with em rather than avoiding em. When u sit down at a poker table ur signing up to the possibility of this happening. Happens more in tournys, tournys are alot about playing the odds, so alot of the time, these chancers with 6/7 suited r actually playing well/'properly' Play cash ull get less of em. Tie ya tongue back up! -Moaning int guna help, If ya want a game where the best player on the day is garentted to win, take up golf or something.lol. GL, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If the cards are dealt randomly, then the muppets have as much chance of filling in as anyone else. If you are suggesting that the cards dealt are fixed then why play on sky poker??
    Togo even further and to suggest they favour the better player just means you think it is fixed and you want it fixed in your favour. How bad is that
  • edited January 2010

I'm fed up with bad players constantly moaning about fellow bad players. The only real advice you need here is to improve your game. Your clearly not a winning player if your moaning about losing money. Also you need to distance yourself from the money your playing with and stick to a proper bankroll strategy that way you don't look like a fool posting in forums when you lose a hand because you played it badly. The worst thing you can do is move up limits to avoid bad players if you are crying about the money your a losing at lower limts. GET A GRIP!!

• edited January 2010
    I'm fed up with bad players constantly moaning about fellow bad players. The only real advice you need here is to improve your game. Your clearly not a winning player if your moaning about losing money. Also you need to distance yourself from the money your playing with and stick to a proper bankroll strategy that way you don't look like a fool posting in forums when you lose a hand because you played it badly. The worst thing you can do is move up limits to avoid bad players if you are crying about the money your a losing at lower limts. GET A GRIP!!
    Posted by Ms_Chips
    Ms Chips - I like you. A lot.

I would not have been quite so direct myself, but our thinking is just about identical.

End of thread, really.

PS - Do you like trains?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Ms Chips - I like you. A lot. I would not have been quite so direct myself, but our thinking is just about identical. End of thread, really. PS - Do you like trains?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well thank you Tikay... I have a certain fondness for yourself also.

I kind of knew what you would have been thinking. It was my first post so where better to start than being blunt on the first rediculous thread I saw. I really should have went to the introduce yourself thread first.

Trains I hear you ask.... I have been knowing to take a few kind sir.

Keep up the good work.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Calcalfold,

unfortunately i had to remove the link from your post as it broke the community house rules.

here is your post again but with the link removed.

thanks

"He called you because he knew you would be heads up and he thought (correctly that he had 2 live cards).

He was 35% against your 65% hardly a "bad beat"

I really dont see why you are moaning so much.

over the long term better players make money and bad players lose money. Sure there is intra day and intra week variance but thats the short of it.

I just think you are one of the bad players that think they are good and blame "bad beats" because they are obviously "too good" to be losing."

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Well thank you Tikay... I have a certain fondness for yourself also. I kind of knew what you would have been thinking. It was my first post so where better to start than being blunt on the first rediculous thread I saw. I really should have went to the introduce yourself thread first. Trains I hear you ask.... I have been knowing to take a few kind sir. Keep up the good work.
    Posted by Ms_Chips
    Err - have we met Ms Chips?
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by Ms_Chips

LOL Brilliant. Well said!

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Err - have we met Ms Chips?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Unfortunatley no. The t.v is about as close as I have came. Havn't done anything live. All online for me.
  • edited January 2010
    Just checking....
  • edited January 2010
    OK, let's talk about downswings. A couple of years ago I went on a nine MONTH downswing, couldn't win a race and couldn't do anything right.

Was this the fault of the mupets and chancers? No, It was ALL MY FAULT. I was putting the chips in. I was making the wrong decisions. I either had to improve or find another game.

So, it's Tiddlywinks FTW ;o)