You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THREAD CLOSED

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
think i,ll  stick to me own game and let the chancers stick to there game, pay off in the end

Comments

• edited January 2010

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED DUE 2 PPL NOT READING IT PROPERLY THEN SPOUTING OFF THERE KNO IT ALL OPINIONS.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    think i,ll  stick to me own game and let the chancers stick to there game, pay off in the end
    Posted by stokefc
    I have spent weeks telling my friends exactly the same thing and trying to ignore all the chancing muppets but it gets 2 the stage when u think is this really worth it.............
  • edited December 2009

I realllllyyyyyyy don't understand messages like this. Whats up wi ya???Wheres the problem? Are u just frustrated and cursing your luck?
  • edited December 2009
    I realllllyyyyyyy don't understand messages like this. Whats up wi ya???Wheres the problem? Are u just frustrated and cursing your luck?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    My problem is that fed up 2 back teeth of saying 2 ppl u were very unlucky when they had best hand and have been called by total chancing muppet and surprise suprise the muppet wins (AGAIN).

Have bitten my tongue 4 weeks nows hoping it would get better, but it hasnt !!!!

I am a fairly decent, solid player but it feels like if I want 2 get further on sky then I have to join the chancing muppets.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : I have spent weeks telling my friends exactly the same thing and trying to ignore all the chancing muppets but it gets 2 the stage when u think is this really worth it.............
    Posted by xFALLENx
    hi xfallenx,im dav1964s mrs,i know poor old me lol.but im afraid ure correct.i agree with stokey though stick to ure game and it will pay off.ive been playing of late as like you dav is sick of the donk players keep hittin there cards.so he is resting.i dare say he will be back but in the meantime im showing him how its done.lol all the best debs xx
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Funny DOHHHHHH I THOUGHT IS WAS POKER, A GAME OF SKILL AND WITS, NOT BINGO, A GAME OF CHANCE AND LUCK.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : My problem is that fed up 2 back teeth of saying 2 ppl u were very unlucky when they had best hand and have been called by total chancing muppet and surprise suprise the muppet wins (AGAIN). Have bitten my tongue 4 weeks nows hoping it would get better, but it hasnt !!!! I am a fairly decent, solid player but it feels like if I want 2 get further on sky then I have to join the chancing muppets.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Well wether u sit there n take it in silence, or shout n scream, it's not gonna make any difference, and it's never ever gonna stop happening!

I read it on here time n time again but it remains true, that u shud want to be playing against these type of players, find em n sit with em rather than avoiding em. When u sit down at a poker table ur signing up to the possibility of this happening.

Happens more in tournys, tournys are alot about playing the odds, so alot of the time, these chancers with 6/7 suited r actually playing well/'properly'

Play cash ull get less of em.

Tie ya tongue back up! -Moaning int guna help, If ya want a game where the best player on the day is garentted to win, take up golf or something.lol.

GL, DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    xfallenx

i agree muppets do call with rubbish

i think sky have to look at the way the cards are delt as it does seem to favour muppet calls and punish good cards

how ace ace can be beat time and time again by a muppet getting a 4 card flush on the turn and river takes some bealiving

then the same muppet calls with rubbish and his cards drop in

so thats my point the owners who want our hard earned money need to look at the way the site favours muppets not good players

moan over
  • edited December 2009

Yeh the owners shud make sure the flops favour the good players, and not the donks! haha are uze serious?

It is a game of skill but obviously theres luck involved, as with most games/sports.

I can only think of games like chess, where theres absolutelty no luck involved.

Ask any Irish football fan about luck! - How many Qualifying games? then 2 games against france, go to france and outplay them in their own back yard, then one bit of bad luck and its all over! Im sure ull agree with me that football remains a game of skill!

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    Yeh the owners shud make sure the flops favour the good players, and not the donks! haha are uze serious? It is a game of skill but obviously theres luck involved, as with most games/sports. I can only think of games like chess, where theres absolutelty no luck involved. Ask any Irish football fan about luck! - How many Qualifying games? then 2 games against france, go to france and outplay them in their own back yard, then one bit of bad luck and its all over! Im sure ull agree with me that football remains a game of skill! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    dohhhhhhhhhhhhh

just saying that it seems unfair that everytime a muppet calls you they win

i agree a game of skill with luck

but the luck should be 50/50 not 90/10 in favour off muppet calls

im sure youve suffered bad beats as we all have

it just seems to be happening more and more on sky at the moment

ok
  • edited December 2009
    i will defend dohhhhhhh in at least 1 very good point and my dav agrees as well.you do not get so many chancers in cash especially higher up the levels.most good players throw rubbish away.debs
  • edited December 2009

They may be happening more on sky 'to you' lately....

Its known as running bad, But theyre definately happening as frequently on sky as they r in any other poker game, or on any other poker site.

Its a game of odds, if you get a fella all in on the turn with 5 outs, the 'luck' will be 90-10 in your favour!You make ya own luck.

If ur running bad its frustrating yeh but limiting the damage by playing well inbetween the bad beats and keeping ur cool when things seem to be going wrong is key.

Hope it turns round for ya!

DOHH

By the way, is your poker alias really a reflection of ur erm...well.....what every1 wud automatically assume it is?

• edited December 2009

The fact of the matter is are u a winning player.They say if u play 500 games at any given game u specialize in if ur up u are a wiinning player and if ur down then ur not.After that the only thing that comes into play is variance.I make a steady profit week in week out but last month had the worst run of bad beats ever a full month of it.I was doubting my game and everything but new in my head all u can do is get ur money in, in front and in time it will turn.I had everything against me at that time runner runner straight,runner runner flush,aces pre beat by 4s,aces pre beat by queens i hit a set they hit quads read LML's thread "oops i did it again".Its bad i agree.All u can do is get ur money in in front and in the long term u will win.

Good luck.

• edited December 2009
    The fact of the matter is are u a winning player.They say if u play 500 games at any given game u specialize in if ur up u are a wiinning player and if ur down then ur not.After that the only thing that comes into play is variance.I make a steady profit week in week out but last month had the worst run of bad beats ever a full month of it.I was doubting my game and everything but new in my head all u can do is get ur money in, in front and in time it will turn.I had everything against me at that time runner runner straight,runner runner flush,aces pre beat by 4s,aces pre beat by queens i hit a set they hit quads read LML's thread "oops i did it again".Its bad i agree.All u can do is get ur money in in front and in the long term u will win. Good luck.
    Posted by jimifloyd

I kno ur right and ty x

(WELL MOST OF IT....LOL)
  • edited December 2009

What Jimi says is true.

Always keep trying to improve your own game, because variance and luck will always have a say, but in the long term whether you're a winning, losing or break even player is totaly up2u.
  • edited December 2009

In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Well wether u sit there n take it in silence, or shout n scream, it's not gonna make any difference, and it's never ever gonna stop happening! I read it on here time n time again but it remains true, that u shud want to be playing against these type of players, find em n sit with em rather than avoiding em. When u sit down at a poker table ur signing up to the possibility of this happening. Happens more in tournys, tournys are alot about playing the odds, so alot of the time, these chancers with 6/7 suited r actually playing well/'properly' Play cash ull get less of em. Tie ya tongue back up! -Moaning int guna help, If ya want a game where the best player on the day is garentted to win, take up golf or something.lol. GL, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

AM LETHAL WITH A CLUB I PROMISE U

• edited December 2009

Your welcome, just keep getting ur money in,in front.I replied because i have had all that usually in a day but never has it lasted for a month,thought it would never end.But i promise u it will.You still get a few bad beats thats poker but more often than not ur cards wil hold up again.Chin up u want these donk calls all day long,and im not perfect in that department, im chat banned lol.

• edited December 2009
    Your welcome, just keep getting ur money in,in front.I replied because i have had all that usually in a day but never has it lasted for a month,thought it would never end.But i promise u it will.You still get a few bad beats thats poker but more often than not ur cards wil hold up again.Chin up u want these donk calls all day long,and im not perfect in that department, im chat banned lol.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    how long for jimi?debs xx
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : AM LETHAL WITH A CLUB I PROMISE U
    Posted by xFALLENx
    She's also got a pretty mean gun and some killer boots too, so you have been warned!
  • edited December 2009
    i must agree with both fallen and jim on ths point.It does get frustrating keep getting beat time after time by these donks.Was on a table today,and thats all you had,never know what there going to do next and call you with anything they can throw at you.I can fully understand how fallen feels because i feel the same.I just hope that the standard of play rises not go down the drain as it is doing at the moment,Gl when playing with these.
  • edited December 2009
    I love the way people complain that this site is full of bad poker players.

I wish i could meet more of them lol

It happens often when someone complains that a player should never have called him.  What gives anyone the right to dictate how someone should play.

It happened to me recently,  I had a pair of Aces after the flop, two pair after the turn and a full house after the river,  by this time I was all in with someone and beat his flush.  He gave me loads of stick for beating him said I was an idiot,  I just laughed at him and pointed to the size of his stack. 

If you're not happy with the way that people play against you, don't moan about their play, come up with ways of improving your own.  

No one has the right to expect someone to play in a certain way.  

Bad beats are part of the game, if you don't like it take up Chess 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    AM TOTALLY FED UP. FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING IN DEFENDING SKY AND IDIOT PLAYERS. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR WEEKS NOW ALL IVE COME ACROSS IS TOTAL CHANCERS/MUPPETS/IDIOTS AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE THEY SEEM 2 WIN 9/10. I MOVED ON2 THIS SITE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM BUT THEY SEEM 2 B COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK.EVERY SINGLE TABLE IVE BEEN ON THEY R THERE HAVE LOST LOADS OF FRIENDS ON HERE 4 THIS VERY REASON. THERES NO LONGER SKILL NEEDED 2 WIN, JUST CHANCE! 4GET BEING A GOOD SOLID PLAYER, JUST CHANCE IT UR MORE LIKELY 2 WIN!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
     When I started playing here back in March I felt I was getting loads of terrible bad beats. I realised I was getting beat in a lot of hands where I shouldn't even have got involved but then I got lucky on the flop, thought I would take it down and then the other guy got "lucky" on the river. Yes, there were plenty of genuine bad beats, like I've got trip Ks on the flop against an ace high and he hts AA on turn and river (I had that beat twice in a month!). I got so frustrated I thought it must be rigged so I contacted the Alderney Gambling Commission (Sky poker regulator) and got them to send me their terms and conditions. The main thing I learnt is that the random number generator has to be tested and certified for "randomness" and that the site's games (including poker) has to be audited for randomness and fairness every month by an independent auditor. The only thing I was disatisfied with is that the commission would not tell me who the auditor is and would not send me any audit results. However, you have to accept that, although it would be technically possible to "tweak" the sofware to deal certain cards on turn and river ( I work in the software business so I have an idea how easy it would be) why would they do it and would they get away with it? I hear the moan that they rig the software to allow donks to hit and knock out decent players so that the tourneys finish more quickly but it just doesn't seem remotely likely that they could do it on any reputable poker site, especially one that is regulated and audited properly.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! :  When I started playing here back in March I felt I was getting loads of terrible bad beats. I realised I was getting beat in a lot of hands where I shouldn't even have got involved but then I got lucky on the flop, thought I would take it down and then the other guy got "lucky" on the river. Yes, there were plenty of genuine bad beats, like I've got trip Ks on the flop against an ace high and he hts AA on turn and river (I had that beat twice in a month!). I got so frustrated I thought it must be rigged so I contacted the Alderney Gambling Commission (Sky poker regulator) and got them to send me their terms and conditions. The main thing I learnt is that the random number generator has to be tested and certified for "randomness" and that the site's games (including poker) has to be audited for randomness and fairness every month by an independent auditor. The only thing I was disatisfied with is that the commission would not tell me who the auditor is and would not send me any audit results. However, you have to accept that, although it would be technically possible to "tweak" the sofware to deal certain cards on turn and river ( I work in the software business so I have an idea how easy it would be) why would they do it and would they get away with it? I hear the moan that they rig the software to allow donks to hit and knock out decent players so that the tourneys finish more quickly but it just doesn't seem remotely likely that they could do it on any reputable poker site, especially one that is regulated and audited properly.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Hey Seagull158

Im not talking about the softwear even tho it is a bit suspect sometimes...Im mad about all the muppet/chancers that tend 2 b getting everywhere.

And whats sickening is that there probably congratulating themselves on there terrible chancing play
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    AM TOTALLY FED UP. FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING IN DEFENDING SKY AND IDIOT PLAYERS. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR WEEKS NOW ALL IVE COME ACROSS IS TOTAL CHANCERS/MUPPETS/IDIOTS AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE THEY SEEM 2 WIN 9/10. I MOVED ON2 THIS SITE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM BUT THEY SEEM 2 B COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK.EVERY SINGLE TABLE IVE BEEN ON THEY R THERE HAVE LOST LOADS OF FRIENDS ON HERE 4 THIS VERY REASON. THERES NO LONGER SKILL NEEDED 2 WIN, JUST CHANCE! 4GET BEING A GOOD SOLID PLAYER, JUST CHANCE IT UR MORE LIKELY 2 WIN!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    totaly agree ...... the muppets do seem to win most times on sky... just been called  1500 all in   with 9 6  lololol total donk call  but wins....its not that that bugs me   there can call all day with there donk hands..its the filtering system there seems to be on the sky softwear..its the fact that the miricle cards hit the big fella all the time..then   ZAPPPPPPPPPPPPP the tables gone  its shocking.......is it just me.. or does any1 else feel the same? ....do sky filter the tornys or wat .... i can imagine the snotty replys coming..............lolololololl good luck all
  • edited December 2009
    I love the way people complain that this site is full of bad poker players. I wish i could meet more of them lol It happens often when someone complains that a player should never have called him.  What gives anyone the right to dictate how someone should play. It happened to me recently,  I had a pair of Aces after the flop, two pair after the turn and a full house after the river,  by this time I was all in with someone and beat his flush.  He gave me loads of stick for beating him said I was an idiot,  I just laughed at him and pointed to the size of his stack.  If you're not happy with the way that people play against you, don't moan about their play, come up with ways of improving your own.   No one has the right to expect someone to play in a certain way.   Bad beats are part of the game, if you don't like it take up Chess 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Im not DICTATING how ppl should play but u kno if they want 2 play bingo then sky have a fantastic bingo site!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    I also am in computing software and its impossible to rig games,the software only deals the cards ,it does not play poker,thats why u can get the same cards more than once or twice.It isent about the way people play,its about the idiots who come on just to spoil the game as its meant to be played and this happens to often,They dont care wether they win or not as long as they can go allin most of the time and this gets beyond a joke.I know players can do as they like,and thats just the point im trying to raise.Why should they spoil it for other players who do play poker.If they want to play bingo there on the wrong site.
  • edited December 2009
    Unfortunately there is no accounting for people!! They will play any cards at any time regardless of the odds etc etc. It happens on every site and in every card room and all you can do is play your own game, get your chips in with the best hand and over time you will be winning more often than losing! The "problem" is, imo, that we always remember the times when it goes wrong (mainly because we're dumped out of a tourney or have to reload) and not the times when it plays out properly! I've done it and I'm sure that most people are the same but really, players who play with rubbish DO NOT WIN over time and you should want to play against them!
    Oh, and those of you who are blaming the software again.......Area 51 is -- /> that way! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    I also am in computing software and its impossible to rig games,the software only deals the cards ,it does not play poker,thats why u can get the same cards more than once or twice.It isent about the way people play,its about the idiots who come on just to spoil the game as its meant to be played and this happens to often,They dont care wether they win or not as long as they can go allin most of the time and this gets beyond a joke.I know players can do as they like,and thats just the point im trying to raise.Why should they spoil it for other players who do play poker.If they want to play bingo there on the wrong site.
    Posted by charlyb8
    Charly, I'm convonced (except when I get a really bad beat!) that the software is not rigged but don't tell me its impossible as technically it is not. For example you could have a subroutine in the software that checks the ive hands, compares the next random card with the lowest hand and, if it doesn't overtake the other hand, throws it away and takes the next random card etc. until it gets the desired card/result. There are some blackjack sites that are programmed to deal "seconds", meaning that if the card dealt to the dealer busts the hand that card is ignored and the next card is taken. That approach gives the dealer an 8% advantage (as far as I remember) instead of a 2% advantage.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hey Seagull158 Im not talking about the softwear even tho it is a bit suspect sometimes...Im mad about all the muppet/chancers that tend 2 b getting everywhere. And whats sickening is that there probably congratulating themselves on there terrible chancing play
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Fallen, I understand you're not blaming the software but ghost is.
  • edited December 2009
    Unfortunately there is no accounting for people!! They will play any cards at any time regardless of the odds etc etc. It happens on every site and in every card room and all you can do is play your own game, get your chips in with the best hand and over time you will be winning more often than losing! The "problem" is, imo, that we always remember the times when it goes wrong (mainly because we're dumped out of a tourney or have to reload) and not the times when it plays out properly! I've done it and I'm sure that most people are the same but really, players who play with rubbish DO NOT WIN over time and you should want to play against them! Oh, and those of you who are blaming the software again.......Area 51 is -- /> that way! ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan
    I HERE WHAT URE SAYING DIGGERMAN AND PROB YOU ARE CORRECT.BUT OVER TIME?HOW LONG?HOW LONG BEFORE YOUR SICK OF IT ALL AND GIVE UP?KEEP SEEING PEOPLE S L A G OFF THE MOANERS ONLY FOR THEM TO THEN SHORTLY START MOANING THEMSELVES.FICKLE WORLD AINT IT?DEBS XX