You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• edited December 2009

Ur obviously getting over sensitive about this - If you know u play 'correct' poker all the time then Ive no right to even discuss this with you, never mind try to advise you - Maybe I shud be taking lessons from and advice from you.  

With 6 - 4 hes definately gonna be live unless u have 44 or 66 - if the blinds where that big, i wudnt be surprised if he was actually getting the price to call, and with a big stack, and the chance to eliminate an oppo, it doesnt seem too bad. 

DOHH 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    Ur obviously getting over sensitive about this - If you know u play 'correct' poker all the time then Ive no right to even discuss this with you, never mind try to advise you - Maybe I shud be taking lessons from and advice from you.   With 6 - 4 hes definately gonna be live unless u have 44 or 66 - if the blinds where that big, i wudnt be surprised if he was actually getting the price to call, and with a big stack, and the chance to eliminate an oppo, it doesnt seem too bad.  DOHH 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ANY DECENT PLAYER WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING THIS HAND....AND YES FEELING OVERSENSITIVE COS NO MATTER HOW I PLAY I STILL LOSE.

IF U LIMP, U SHOW WEEKNESS AND ANY DECENT PLAYER WILL TAKE U OUT (FAIR)  AND IF U SHOW AGRESSION CHANCERS WILL STILL CALL HOPING 2 HIT THE RIVER WHICH HAPPENS A LOT

AND PLZ DONT SAY WELL WAIT 4 A REALLY GOOD HAND AND UR WIN NO MATTER WHAT, CUS IT JUST DOESNT HAPPEN ON SKY.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : ANY DECENT PLAYER WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING THIS HAND....AND YES FEELING OVERSENSITIVE COS NO MATTER HOW I PLAY I STILL LOSE. IF U LIMP, U SHOW WEEKNESS AND ANY DECENT PLAYER WILL TAKE UR CHIPS (FAIR)  AND IF U SHOW AGRESSION CHANCERS WILL STILL CALL HOPING 2 HIT THE RIVER WHICH HAPPENS A LOT AND PLZ DONT SAY WELL WAIT 4 A REALLY GOOD HAND AND UR WIN NO MATTER WHAT, CUS IT JUST DOESNT HAPPEN ON SKY.
    Posted by xFALLENx
  • edited December 2009

If the blinds are 500/1000, and I have 6 4 in the big blind, u move all in on the button the small blind folds.

I have a stack of 36,000 and u have 6,000. U spin your cards and show me king ten.

I will call you!

- I class myself as a 'decent' player.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
      If the blinds are 500/1000, and I have 6 4 in the big blind, u move all in on the button the small blind folds. I have a stack of 36,000 and u have 6,000. U spin your cards and show me king ten. I will call you! - I class myself as a 'decent' player. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    U HAD 2 B THERE 2 C!!!!!

BUT WHAT MADE ME SICK (AGAIN)  HOW THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED 2 HIM AND HE BIT CHED ABOUT IT, YET ITS OK 4 HIM 2 DO.

PRACTICE WHAT U PREACH SPRINGS 2 MIND
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : ANY DECENT PLAYER WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING THIS HAND....AND YES FEELING OVERSENSITIVE COS NO MATTER HOW I PLAY I STILL LOSE. IF U LIMP, U SHOW WEEKNESS AND ANY DECENT PLAYER WILL TAKE U OUT (FAIR)  AND IF U SHOW AGRESSION CHANCERS WILL STILL CALL HOPING 2 HIT THE RIVER WHICH HAPPENS A LOT AND PLZ DONT SAY WELL WAIT 4 A REALLY GOOD HAND AND UR WIN NO MATTER WHAT, CUS IT JUST DOESNT HAPPEN ON SKY.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    xFALLENx - yu class yourself as a decent player. I also like to think I'm a decent player. I looked up your stats on Sharkscope and you have played 231 tourneys with an average ROI of -24%, profit of -$253 and an ability rating of 50 out of 100. That is not dissimilar to me (52 rating) and it is very average, barely decent so we are kidding ourselves. Your current form is classed as "TILT", by the way.
    DOHHHHHHH, on the other hand, has an average ROI of 67%, profit of $514 and an abiity rating of 75 over 116 tourneys. I reckon bith you and I would learn a lot from DOHHHHHHH but, just so he doesn't get too cocky, go and take a look at Sharksbite's performance if you want to be seriously impressed. A profit of $12,148 from 784 tourneys and an abiity rating of 82 isn't too shabby! This has nothing to do with good or bad luck.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : ANY DECENT PLAYER WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING THIS HAND....AND YES FEELING OVERSENSITIVE COS NO MATTER HOW I PLAY I STILL LOSE. IF U LIMP, U SHOW WEEKNESS AND ANY DECENT PLAYER WILL TAKE U OUT (FAIR)  AND IF U SHOW AGRESSION CHANCERS WILL STILL CALL HOPING 2 HIT THE RIVER WHICH HAPPENS A LOT AND PLZ DONT SAY WELL WAIT 4 A REALLY GOOD HAND AND UR WIN NO MATTER WHAT, CUS IT JUST DOESNT HAPPEN ON SKY.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    xFALLENx - yu class yourself as a decent player. I also like to think I'm a decent player. I looked up your stats on Sharkscope and you have played 231 tourneys with an average ROI of -24%, profit of -$253 and an ability rating of 50 out of 100. That is not dissimilar to me (52 rating) and it is very average, barely decent so we are kidding ourselves. Your current form is classed as "TILT", by the way.
    DOHHHHHHH, on the other hand, has an average ROI of 67%, profit of $514 and an abiity rating of 75 over 116 tourneys. I reckon bith you and I would learn a lot from DOHHHHHHH but, just so he doesn't get too cocky, go and take a look at Sharksbite's performance if you want to be seriously impressed. A profit of $12,148 from 784 tourneys and an abiity rating of 82 isn't too shabby! This has nothing to do with good or bad luck.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hi Debs It is a fickle world and people like nothing more than having a good moan! lol How long?? That's a good question! If you get sick of all the bad beats and outdraws then maybe poker isn't the game for you. They're always gonna happen and you can't do much about it i'm afraid! But if you're not enjoying it then there isn't much point in playing, it's supposed to be entertainment after all! I don't mind people having a moan and xFALLENx I completely see where you're coming from which is why I relpied. I had two months where everytime I played it seemed I was at the wrong end of everything! I got through it but it does get you down. Hopefully you'll stay with it though because it really is a great game even with the muppets! ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan
    HI DIGGERMAN I THINK YOU HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD MY POST.IN NO WAY AND AT NO TIME WAS I HAVING A POP AT YOU.I AINT EVEN MOANING MYSELF MERELY SAYING I CAN SEE XFALLENXS POINT OF VIEW.AND MY COMMENT OF THE PEOPLE SLAGGIN OFF THE MOANERS AND THEN SHORTLY MOANING THEMSELVES IS INDEED SEEN IN RECENT POSTS.NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF YOUR COMMENTS AT ALL THOUGH.ALL THE BEST DEBS XX
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : xFALLENx - yu class yourself as a decent player. I also like to think I'm a decent player. I looked up your stats on Sharkscope and you have played 231 tourneys with an average ROI of -24%, profit of -$253 and an ability rating of 50 out of 100. That is not dissimilar to me (52 rating) and it is very average, barely decent so we are kidding ourselves. Your current form is classed as "TILT", by the way. DOHHHHHHH, on the other hand, has an average ROI of 67%, profit of $514 and an abiity rating of 75 over 116 tourneys. I reckon bith you and I would learn a lot from DOHHHHHHH but, just so he doesn't get too cocky, go and take a look at Sharksbite's performance if you want to be seriously impressed. A profit of $12,148 from 784 tourneys and an abiity rating of 82 isn't too shabby! This has nothing to do with good or bad luck.
    Posted by Seagull158

Figures don't lie,  well posted Seagull,  great site as well I'm not as rubbish as I thought lol  I've won 7 DYM on the trot,  didn't even realise YIPEE
  • edited December 2009
    Hi FALLEN

I have to admit, I want them to call for ever and a day, if I get outdrawn, I make a note on the player, type nh laugh and move on, the next time I meet em I am ready set the trap and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM, unfortunately poker is a game of outdraws, bad beats (yes there does seem to be a lot online, but there are a lot more hand played) and great hands, the best hands do win in the longrun, keep focusing on that, (I never said it was easy :))
    Keep that chin up so we can see that gorgeous face ;)

Take care, and lets net those fish :)
  • edited December 2009
    agree with what your saying fallen  seem have couple days were u beat them  then 3 weeks were they beating every time with there junk  and chasing there draws sick of hearing that saying u want them to call allday long with them hands
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : thats all well and good but dont get me wrong here but your playing with some of the best players on that tourny and your chances of cashing never mind winning are dramatically reduced so you really have to be on top of your game and what if merenovice,paperon or phil12uk suckout on you would it be the same knowing a good player has given you a bad beat...cant believe this thread hasnt been moved
    Posted by stokefc
    LOL I ACTUALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT AND I JUST SHOWED THIS TO DAV AND HE IS SCRATCHING HIS HEAD.ALL I SAID WAS REALLY TO PROMOTE PROB ONE OF THE BEST POKER FORMATS SKY HAVE TO OFFER AND YOU WANT THIS POST REMOVED?????LOL LOL LOL
  • edited December 2009
    agree with what your saying fallen  seem have couple days were u beat them  then 3 weeks were they beating every time with there junk  and chasing there draws sick of hearing that saying u want them to call allday long with them hands
    Posted by scrumdown
    Sick of it or not, obviously its been proved, and will be said time and time again
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : xFALLENx - yu class yourself as a decent player. I also like to think I'm a decent player. I looked up your stats on Sharkscope and you have played 231 tourneys with an average ROI of -24%, profit of -$253 and an ability rating of 50 out of 100. That is not dissimilar to me (52 rating) and it is very average, barely decent so we are kidding ourselves. Your current form is classed as "TILT", by the way. DOHHHHHHH, on the other hand, has an average ROI of 67%, profit of $514 and an abiity rating of 75 over 116 tourneys. I reckon bith you and I would learn a lot from DOHHHHHHH but, just so he doesn't get too cocky, go and take a look at Sharksbite's performance if you want to be seriously impressed. A profit of $12,148 from 784 tourneys and an abiity rating of 82 isn't too shabby! This has nothing to do with good or bad luck.
    Posted by Seagull158
    SO SEAGULL158 DOES SHARKSOPE SHOW THAT I TEND 2 STAY IN MOST TOURNYS A LONG TIME ? I THOUGHT THAT MEANT U WERE A SOLID PLAYER....I HARDLY EVER TILT AND IF I DO ITS OUT OF NECESSITY. JUST WATCH ME AND UR SEE IM THE LEAST PERSON WHO DOES.
    BUT WHEN I DO I GET CALLED MY SOME CHANCING MUPPET WHO WINS.

OH AND BTW DID NOT HAVE A DIG AT DOHHHHHHH HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY A LOT ON HERE AND ON THE SKY CHANNEL AND HAPPEN 2 THINK HES A GOOD PLAYER.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : LOL I ACTUALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT AND I JUST SHOWED THIS TO DAV AND HE IS SCRATCHING HIS HEAD.ALL I SAID WAS REALLY TO PROMOTE PROB ONE OF THE BEST POKER FORMATS SKY HAVE TO OFFER AND YOU WANT THIS POST REMOVED?????LOL LOL LOL
    Posted by debdobs_67
    didnt say removed,just moved thats all jeezz
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Sick of it or not, obviously its been proved, and will be said time and time again
    Posted by acebarry10
    I KNO WHAT UR SAYING BARRY AND I REALLY RESPECT U AND UR OPINION, BUT ITS GETS VERY DISHEARTENING AT TIMES.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Seagull158
    Hi Saegull

The publishing of Sharkscope on here is frowned upon somewhat, because it does not give the whole information on any player, I have seen both FALLEN and DOHHHHHH play, they are by no means bad players, in fact DOHHHHH has been close to being picked for the Total Player, you cannot be a bad player to be shortlisted for that.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : I KNO WHAT UR SAYING BARRY AND I REALLY RESPECT U AND UR OPINION, BUT ITS GETS VERY DISHEARTENING AT TIMES.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi FALLEN

Of course it does, we are human after all, beleive it or not, only about a month ago I went through 3 weeks of no hands, no flops, and being outdrawn, then look what happened the Posters freeroll twice in 2 weeks, cashing in a couple of other tournies, it can and will change, allthough I cant say when, (If I could I would be a billionaire :)
  • edited December 2009

My tourny stats are abit misleading Im not a big tourny player. 90% of the tournys I play Im aiming straight away from hand 1 to make the final table.Not interested in cashing, I ignore bubbles and things like this.

If you deal me 22 first hand with blinds at 10/20, move all in, turn ur cards over and show me ace king, ill call if im last to act. I dnt mind losing the first hand of the tourny. Doubling first hand every other tourny (50/50 race) gives me a much better chance of winning big without investing alot of time.

If the buy in is bigger and the minor prize money is worth winning, ill play more 'standard' poker - whilst remaining aggressive obviously - I just wudnt be as rash.

This maybe explains my understanding of the fella calling with 6-4 off - hes obviously trying to maximise his chances of WINNING the tourny, by targetting shorties to build his stack, without risking a large percentage of his stack.

The stats quoted are kinda irrelevant tho - I didnt even no em myself, interesting to read tho, lol cheerz.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    not getting at u or site baz fact 85% play on here are fish & chasers
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : HI DIGGERMAN I THINK YOU HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD MY POST.IN NO WAY AND AT NO TIME WAS I HAVING A POP AT YOU.I AINT EVEN MOANING MYSELF MERELY SAYING I CAN SEE XFALLENXS POINT OF VIEW.AND MY COMMENT OF THE PEOPLE SLAGGIN OFF THE MOANERS AND THEN SHORTLY MOANING THEMSELVES IS INDEED SEEN IN RECENT POSTS.NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF YOUR COMMENTS AT ALL THOUGH.ALL THE BEST DEBS XX
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Hi Debs
    Sorry, I think we've got our wires well and truly crossed here! lol I know you weren't having a pop at me and I certainly didn't direct my comments at you! I think we should get off this thread now, its getting far too heated! ;)
    Best wishes to you and Dav.
  • edited December 2009
    not getting at u or site baz fact 85% play on here are fish & chasers
    Posted by scrumdown
    yes they r scrum and 2day I feel like joining the muppet brigade.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : yes they r scrum and 2day I feel like joining the muppet brigade.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Fish? Muppets? - Call them what you like, but you have to remember that there are a lot of inexperienced players joining sky poker & other poker sites everyday.

Sky Poker is for players of all abilities, I didnt see a sign on the home page saying experieced players only - No Fish or Muppets as you call them.

I love to play against the fish and the muppets - Leave Them Alone and let them learn how to play as you had to when you first started in your quest to be a great poker player.

If you beleive you are a solid player, then I suggest you enter toureys & cash games that reflect your ability and leave the fish alone.

The fish have to be fed otherwise the would not survive.
  • edited December 2009

In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Fish? Muppets? - Call them what you like, but you have to remember that there are a lot of inexperienced players joining sky poker & other poker sites everyday. Sky Poker is for players of all abilities, I didnt see a sign on the home page saying experieced players only - No Fish or Muppets as you call them. I love to play against the fish and the muppets - Leave Them Alone and let them learn how to play as you had to when you first started in your quest to be a great poker player. If you beleive you are a solid player, then I suggest you enter toureys & cash games that reflect your ability and leave the fish alone. The fish have to be fed otherwise the would not survive.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    VERY GOOD POST POKERTREV BUT WHY SHOULD THE FISH B FED WITH MY MONEY?

WHATS THE POINT OF PLAYING PROPER POKER WHEN U GET STUNG 24/7 (AND ITS A RETORICAL QUESTION) 

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : VERY GOOD POST POKERTREV BUT WHY SHOULD THE FISH B FED WITH MY MONEY? WHATS THE POINT OF PLAYING PROPER POKER WHEN U GET STUNG 24/7 (AND ITS A RETORICAL QUESTION) 
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Why Should this fish be fed with my money?

Well this is my point fallen, the fish dont need to be fed with your money. Try to find a tourny that reflects your ability.

If I play 60p & £1.15 DYMs I expect to see the fish, but If my ability is much better than that then I move up to £5.50 £11 DYMs and should I feel the need to play againt even better players then I move on to £22 & £33 DYMs and so on and the the same for cash games.

The higher the stakes the lesser the fish.

Keep at it thou fallen - you will turn it round. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2009
    dont agree with u there trev  i play on  10 and 20 25 and 50 sometimes 50 and 1.00 cash  there sill there
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Why Should this fish be fed with my money? Well this is my point fallen, the fish dont need to be fed with your money. Try to find a tourny that reflects your ability. If I play 60p & £1.15 DYMs I expect to see the fish, but If my ability is much better than that then I move up to £5.50 £11 DYMs and should I feel the need to play againt even better players then I move on to £22 & £33 DYMs and so on and the the same for cash games. The higher the stakes the lesser the fish. Keep at it thou fallen - you will turn it round. Good Luck!
    Posted by POKERTREV
    TY 4 ur post it does make sense.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Why Should this fish be fed with my money? Well this is my point fallen, the fish dont need to be fed with your money. Try to find a tourny that reflects your ability. If I play 60p & £1.15 DYMs I expect to see the fish, but If my ability is much better than that then I move up to £5.50 £11 DYMs and should I feel the need to play againt even better players then I move on to £22 & £33 DYMs and so on and the the same for cash games. The higher the stakes the lesser the fish. Keep at it thou fallen - you will turn it round. Good Luck!
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Exactly!  

The tourney where u were called by 6,4 fallen - what was it? 

I would class myself as a good and decent tournament player but the best Ive ever done in Sky's 'flagship 8pm tournies' is 4th - and Ive been here since the start!  Tournaments are minefields and you need the wind behind you and the cards in ur favour to get to the end successfully. 

Many class the £22 deepstack as the best standard tourney on Sky and Ive won that a few times. That skill still doesnt help me when playing a larger runner tournament - the luck factor still needs to be there.  

I always look when I'm knocked out of a tourney at where I could have played differently and whether I lost out down to my play.  

In fallen's position in this particular tourney I would reflect on the following :
    When the cards were turned over - was I happy?
    Given the exact same position again, would I do the same?
    Would I want to be called by a lesser hand?
    Did it annoy me to get outdrawn?

The answer is 'yes' to all of them but that's why we love the game of poker! It kicks us in the privates but we still come back for more !!!! :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Exactly!   The tourney where u were called by 6,4 fallen - what was it?  I would class myself as a good and decent tournament player but the best Ive ever done in Sky's 'flagship 8pm tournies' is 4th - and Ive been here since the start!  Tournaments are minefields and you need the wind behind you and the cards in ur favour to get to the end successfully.  Many class the £22 deepstack as the best standard tourney on Sky and Ive won that a few times. That skill still doesnt help me when playing a larger runner tournament - the luck factor still needs to be there.   I always look when I'm knocked out of a tourney at where I could have played differently and whether I lost out down to my play.   In fallen's position in this particular tourney I would reflect on the following : When the cards were turned over - was I happy? Given the exact same position again, would I do the same? Would I want to be called by a lesser hand? Did it annoy me to get outdrawn? The answer is 'yes' to all of them but that's why we love the game of poker! It kicks us in the privates but we still come back for more !!!! :)
    Posted by phil12uk

just had a famous sky suck out
    had 88 in hand
    raised a little was called by one player
    flop 8/4/k only club was the king
    so i had 3 8s
    so as was early in tourhy and a bounty hunter went all in
    was called by ace /king clubs
    so he had pair off kings
    no probs i thought
    the enter the sky factor
    next card club
    the now famous river
    after a pause for what seemed a lifetime
    i missed the full house so with only 7 clubs that ment he could get yes the miricle club falls in

makes me wonder what the point off playing properly is
    sara36dd 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : just had a famous sky suck out had 88 in hand raised a little was called by one player flop 8/4/k only club was the king so i had 3 8s so as was early in tourhy and a bounty hunter went all in was called by ace /king clubs so he had pair off kings no probs i thought the enter the sky factor next card club the now famous river after a pause for what seemed a lifetime i missed the full house so with only 7 clubs that ment he could get yes the miricle club falls in makes me wonder what the point off playing properly is sara36dd 
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Yep, we've all had them.  Couple of days ago I had a very similar hand - dealt 88, flop 822. Checked to preflop raiser and he shoved in with AK. Turn A, river A so I lost to a higher full house. It hurt, it stung, it's improbable but it happens. I'd play it exactly the same next time and I loved it when he shoved in with his AK.  Dust yourself off and get on with the next game!!