You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Further misadventures of a fish at the cash tables

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Don't often bet on horses, but a colleague has a son that works at a local yard and said of Shaakis in the 5pm at Goodwood today 'It will win'.

And I'm a degen, with a user name that isn't that far removed from the name of the horse, so obviously I had a tenner e/w last night before bedtime. Was 12s then, now 11/2 - 6s so a few more people must have spoken to similar people.  Fingers crossed...
  • edited August 2014
    £1,451.27

Decided to give tournaments a bash yesterday, which I still suck at by and large, so was mostly micro games only:

2.20 rebuy (c. 7pm) = (£4.40) late regged and never even made it to add-on stage - not a great start

Orfordable deepstack = (£3.30) obv a pretty decent standard, got a lucky double up early on from a limped pot where I hit second nut flush, then just struggled to ever get a spot and limped out around 45th

UKPC freeroll = £0 - no luck in my flips and didn't come to much

BH = (£5.75) always surprised by the play in this level buy in, didn't mean I got anywhere though

freebuy = 2nd for +£12.80 - first time I've ever played this... what an utterly bonkers format! Unlike above, I went through a period in the first 15 mins of running like God, decent pre-flop hands and winning multiple 5-way all ins. I had about 650BB by the time it got to normal play. I'm sure there must be money to be made if you can get 40+ BB post rebuy session here, the winner was solid but otherwise lots of people donked themselves out.

deepstack = (£1.10) - got to about 5 off the money in good shape, took a bad beat, stumbled on, didn't make it to the cash. always a fun structure though.

£5.50 timed = +£1.94 I really need to bite the bullet and get an hour of info from a good tourni player - these are beatable and I could do way much better than I do.

8.50 BH = (£1.55) easy bounty early doors but then kept running into hands. my timing was dreadful.

8.05 BH = 3rd for +£36.64 improved for the night, one pot where I got 2 big heads had me with about 1/3 chips in play with 12 left. Bit sigh to not win as I thought I was actually solid at the FT. Alas when a shortie shoved and the 2nd place shoved over, I found QQ in the BB and donked off.  Both oppos had Ax so not a bad spot, but the A left me crippled and could never quite fight back.

So a tiny improvement to my sharkscope. Disappointingly I get no credit for the freebuy, which is evidently not seen to be a 'proper' tournament. A bit of a buffer built up now though for if I ever go spewy in a bigger BI game.

Shows what great fun you can have on SkyPoker for a very limited outlay. Even if I bricked it all I was only £26 or so down and played from 7pm till around midnight.

Only downer - there did look to be lots of decent cash games running at the micros. Nearly joined a few but was pretty whacked after 5 hours online.  Next time though...
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: a fish en route to NL20:
    So with the good (or lucky lol) and bad in the BH, the ugly came towards the end of the cash session. This is one area that I always run poorly - a maniac sits at the table, I (probably) play too tight, eventually play a hand with them, lose, then watch them spew their stack to another reg before insta-standing.  Probably need to work on what ranges I go to war with against them / how I go to war.  Obv this one is just bad luck, but when maniac is opening 9x, and 2x pot or all in on any flop, perhaps I need a range of 3b shove hands to go with and just let variance take me for a rollercoaster ride? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance andybeth Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £19.34 xxxxx Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £5.14   Your hole cards Q Q       shakinaces Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £14.24 horacewimp Fold         VINEY73 Fold         andybeth Fold         xxxxx All-in   £5.14 £5.69 £0.00 shakinaces Call   £4.84 £10.53 £9.40 xxxxx Show J 9       shakinaces Show Q Q       Flop     3 7 9       Turn     10       River     9       xxxxx Win Three 9s £9.74   £9.74
    Posted by shakinaces
    This is all to familiar for me. Seem to lose 90% of these.
  • edited August 2014
    £1,447.74

Awesomely I managed to slice open my hand on a rusty nail Sunday lunchtime... nothing much to moan about* but it did sort of distract me when I played poker as it hurt like crazy whenever I rested it between mouse clicks and that, plus being tired, meant I probably shouldn't have played at all.

Quality of my play -2 (some frankly terrible 'station-y' spots and 'no plan' hands)
    Variance +2(I deserved to be more down, but hit runner-runner straight to bust a flopped set and held when someone 3-bet shoved QQ into my aces)
    Focus -3 (abysmal, like a kid with ADHD trying to complete their maths homework)
    Tilt control -1 (no insane monkey tilt, but the above factors made me tilt myself before I quit)

So top of the list of learning points - don't even start playing when tired and not focussed. Bring the TV back down from the loft and watch some old movies or something instead.

Others:

Stop calling 3 bets in position without a plan
    Play a few more hands vs randoms before 3b bluffs from the button (and then know which to avoid bluffing!)
    Bet less (ie know where you are too strong / where someone is more likely to pay if you let them bet)

And for tournaments - work out 3b shove ranges. I get from the 40bb, play a bit of poker stage to 12bb shove/fold often with no play in between, too scared to do much other than play monsters / min-raise to steal blinds. I'm never going to build a respectable sharkscope graph until I improve my mid-stack ability. Plus would almost certainly make me an unexploitable cap game / timed tourni player at the same time.

* over the course of the last 24 hours the red patch emanating from the nail-hole has now grown about a quarter way down my arm. How quickly does one know when such an injury might have become a tetanus risk?
  • edited August 2014
    It's been at least a couple of weeks since the last one...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Mizroe Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.53
    stevedore Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.80
      Your hole cards
    • J

luckboxRaise  £0.35 £0.50 £5.16
    shakinaces Fold     
    rizzle1806 Call  £0.35 £0.85 £19.14
    winnerCall  £0.35 £1.20 £11.98
    Mizroe Fold     
    stevedore Fold     
    Flop

• J

luckboxBet  £0.90 £2.10 £4.26
    rizzle1806 Fold     
    winnerCall  £0.90 £3.00 £11.08
    Turn

• J

luckboxCheck     
    winnerBet  £1.50 £4.50 £9.58
    luckboxAll-in  £4.26 £8.76 £0.00
    winnerCall  £2.76 £11.52 £6.82
    luckboxShow
    • Q
    • J

winnerShow
    • K
    • Q

River

• A

winnerWin Royal Flush £10.65  £17.47
  • edited August 2014
    £1,445.57

Brutal start to yesterday, was about £40 down within 10-15 mins of sitting down. Most memorable hands being AK vs KT on a K7T73 board and AA vs J7o and 84s on a 77472 board.

I don't think I was doing huge amounts wrong during that first session, just seemed everyone always had it / got there.

Thankfully kept the head and had it turned around - nearly a profitable session bar a late stack lost with AQ on a 9TJ - 9 - K flop vs JJ. Their check on the turn suckered me in to thinking I was probably good when I hit my card on the river. Ah well.

Quality of my play +2 (was happy how many sneaky value bets I got in and saw hands exactly in the range I'd estimated)
    Variance -1 (grim early doors, helped out to hit a nut flush vs low suited connectors and river a FH that got called down by an Ace - my bluffy reputation, entirely undeserved, occasionally works in my favour)
    Focus +2 (was in the zone for a good couple of hours after the initial maelstrom... maybe the gym work is finally showing some benefit)
    Tilt control +2 (Would often walk away after the start, but was certain I'd get the money back if I kept my head)

All in all, frustrating to not sneak a small win, but happy that I played one of the best sessions of cash for a few weeks.

No play today as it's brother-in-laws birthday meal, after gym. Shame I miss most of the HU games on ch861, hopefully back to see a bit of the final games.

Then a bit of last minute revision of micro tourni play and cross fingers I can top-50 the Poker Play game tomorrow eve...
  • edited August 2014
    £1,477.53

Always disappointing to find out you *thought* you had over a +3 BI session, but turns out poker rewards were paid and actually you only had a bit over +1 lol... moving in the right direction though after the standard down-then-up session :)

Birthday stuff ended early so was home watching Sky Poker Cup and couldn't help myself but play a few tables.

In the main I thought my value betting was starting to improve... maybe this board didn't warrant trying to eek out any more value though... although the actual winning hand wasn't in the range I was thinking of, there are lots of two pair hands as well as KQ. Obv I fold if I'm c/r on the river. I hope.

Too optimistic to try and get a bit more from hands like AJ/KJ/QJ, AT/KT/QT, 98 and stubborn PP 66-88?
    supercrazy Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £11.89
    mrsize Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.81
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

johnnyd117 Fold     
    villainCall  £0.10 £0.25 £21.75
    shakinaces Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £17.07
    HeHasIt Call  £0.40 £1.05 £15.07
    supercrazy Fold     
    mrsize Call  £0.30 £1.35 £8.51
    villainCall  £0.30 £1.65 £21.45
    Flop

• J

mrsize Check     
    villainCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £1.00 £2.65 £16.07
    HeHasIt Call  £1.00 £3.65 £14.07
    mrsize Fold     
    villainCall  £1.00 £4.65 £20.45
    Turn

villainBet  £0.40 £5.05 £20.05
    shakinaces Raise  £2.90 £7.95 £13.17
    HeHasIt Fold     
    villainCall  £2.50 £10.45 £17.55
    River

villainCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £3.33 £13.78 £9.84
    villainCall  £3.33 £17.11 £14.22
    shakinaces Show
    • K
    • K

villainShow

villainWin Two Pairs, 10s and 5s £15.82  £30.04
  • edited August 2014
    £1,499.38

Bricked PPT freeroll. Spot dead, didn't see a face card for first 3 levels, 3b odds and sods like 86s to keep head above water.  Then shoved about 11bb JJ < AK gg me. Ah well, will just have to FT the £5 round 4 event!

Added the 8.05 and 8.50 BH games with aim of multi-tabling tournis, didn't run much better. Exited both of those with JJ as well lol, no bounties. To be fair I played garbage in the 8.50, had lost interest in tournis and was concentrating on cash by then.

T5o got me again at cash (sigh), but then I suppose that's fair punishment for thinking 64s was a good hand to raise limpers on the button (456Tx rainbow board looked so innoccuous lol). Other than that my />20 BB wins vastly outweigh the < 20BB wins so a good night all in all.

Quality of my play -2/+2 (tourni / cash)
    Variance -1 / +2 (tourni, I hate JJ / cash a couple of grim spots outweighed by a few spots villain was barely behind but had to pay off)
    Focus -2 / +2 (at one point I was simultaneously -3 at tourni and +3 at cash lol... maybe shouldn't mix)
    Tilt control +2 (no issues here either side, but then no particular bad beats either, just flips)
  • edited August 2014

Poor call / sigh fold.

I was obviously beat, 4/1 on my money was just too tempting...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceshakinaces Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £21.62 supercrazy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £23.25 Kerbra70 Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £4.90   Your hole cards K A       Kerbra70 Check     villainRaise  £0.30 £0.55 £7.49 shakinaces Raise  £0.95 £1.50 £20.67 supercrazy Fold     Kerbra70 Fold     villainCall  £0.70 £2.20 £6.79 Flop    A 10 8       shakinaces Bet  £1.20 £3.40 £19.47 villainCall  £1.20 £4.60 £5.59 Turn    5       shakinaces Bet  £2.40 £7.00 £17.07 villainCall  £2.40 £9.40 £3.19 River    J       shakinaces Check     villainAll-in  £3.19 £12.59 £0.00 shakinaces Call  £3.19 £15.78 £13.88 shakinaces Show K A    villainShow 9 Q    villainWin Straight to the Queen £14.59  £14.59

Raise bigger pre.
    Don't call 3 bets to set mine vs short stacks.
    Bet bigger flop.
    Master of my own downfall.
    8wizard8 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £19.56
    villainBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £6.76
      Your hole cards

shakinaces Raise  £0.20 £0.35 £22.82
    rustell01 Fold     
    bigdodee87 Fold     
    8wizard8 Fold     
    villainRaise  £0.20 £0.55 £6.56
    shakinaces Call  £0.10 £0.65 £22.72
    Flop

• J

villainBet  £0.20 £0.85 £6.36
    shakinaces Raise  £0.60 £1.45 £22.12
    villainCall  £0.40 £1.85 £5.96
    Turn

• J

villainCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £1.20 £3.05 £20.92
    villainCall  £1.20 £4.25 £4.76
    River

villainAll-in  £4.76 £9.01 £0.00
    shakinaces Fold     
    villainMuck     
    villainWin  £3.93  £3.93
    villainReturn  £4.76 £0.32 £8.69
  • edited August 2014
    Is it wrong to be chucking in 4b bluffs at NL10?

Ps - this is the only time I have ever and will ever do this. I'm a 100% nit and fold pre every other time. Honest. You can trust me.
    xxxSmall blind  £0.05 £0.05 £5.48
    villainBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £15.06
      Your hole cards
    • Q

xxxFold     
    xxxFold     
    shakinaces Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £16.68
    xxxFold     
    xxxFold     
    villainRaise  £1.00 £1.45 £14.06
    shakinaces Raise  £2.00 £3.45 £14.68
    villainFold     
    shakinaces Muck     
    shakinaces Win  £2.25  £16.93
    shakinaces Return  £1.20 £0.00 £18.13
  • edited August 2014
    Oh yeah.

And wtf is going on in the world of football in the run up to the start of the season.

Sell the best 2 young prospects in the squad for what most fans think is peanuts, allegedly without letting the manager know, all because you 'have to comply with financial fair play' (which is a poorly applied concept imo, but a totally different point).

Then go out and splash ALL the money you just got from the transfers within 48 hours, breaking your transfer record in the process.

Forest will either storm the Championship or utterly self-implode this season. I guess either way it's going to be exciting!! May break the habit of a lifetime and actually have a cheeky ante post punt on us winning the title / Assombalonga for top scorer...
  • edited August 2014
    Oh yeah. And wtf is going on in the world of football in the run up to the start of the season. Sell the best 2 young prospects in the squad for what most fans think is peanuts, allegedly without letting the manager know, all because you 'have to comply with financial fair play' (which is a poorly applied concept imo, but a totally different point). Then go out and splash ALL the money you just got from the transfers within 48 hours, breaking your transfer record in the process. Forest will either storm the Championship or utterly self-implode this season. I guess either way it's going to be exciting!! May break the habit of a lifetime and actually have a cheeky ante post punt on us winning the title / Assombalonga for top scorer...
    Posted by shakinaces
    Good luck with that :)

Sent you a pm
  • edited August 2014
    Oh yeah. And wtf is going on in the world of football in the run up to the start of the season. Sell the best 2 young prospects in the squad for what most fans think is peanuts, allegedly without letting the manager know, all because you 'have to comply with financial fair play' (which is a poorly applied concept imo, but a totally different point). Then go out and splash ALL the money you just got from the transfers within 48 hours, breaking your transfer record in the process. Forest will either storm the Championship or utterly self-implode this season. I guess either way it's going to be exciting!! May break the habit of a lifetime and actually have a cheeky ante post punt on us winning the title / Assombalonga for top scorer...
    Posted by shakinaces
    Biggest load of bo111ocks to ever grace the greatest game in the world.
  • edited August 2014
    £1,494.97

Lots of coolers last night, you know it's bad when a reg spots that and starts trying to tilt you lol. Quite happy to only end up 50p or so down at cash given some of the hands that I was involved in. It's hard to really get tilted from hands like top set vs flopped straight on a 568 rainbow flop, we've both played the hand right and it just means I miss out this time.

Given that I love playing 97 in position, I must have reversed that spot plenty of times and just forgotten about it lol

The venture into donkament land was more fun. GII wAQs for about 14bb pre and get cold called by T7o.

Flop T77.

With psychic powers like that, someone needs to be buying lotto tickets this weekend!

Footy nearly here again... can't wait for things to get going again. Disappointed I can't afford the trip north to watch Forest dodge defeat against Blackpool.  1st day of the season is always so good, every fan in the country can harbour some degree of positive expectation while they are joint top of the table. Except maybe Swindon fans. They much prefer year-round pessimism.

Looked at the odds this morning. Genuinely surprised that Derby are priced up as favourites. I hope they will be there or thereabouts, albeit behind Forest, but that does seem an odd choice by the bookies.

Still, what do I know.
  • edited August 2014
    Luckbox alert.

I didn't see the UTG raise and thought I had clicked the 'check/fold' option as I went to focus on a table where I actually had a hand... turned out it was 'call any' I selected.

Somewhat confused when this table came back into focus and I found myself out of position with rags and 10bb in the middle.

Subsequently did my bit to convince another rec that poker is rigged and things are set up for big hands to go busto.

Oh well, never mind.
    frodo169 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.31
    shakinaces Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.31
      Your hole cards

xxxRaise  £0.30 £0.45 £6.70
    mattymcd09 Fold     
    albania Fold     
    frodo169 Call  £0.25 £0.70 £10.06
    shakinaces Call  £0.20 £0.90 £10.11
    Flop

frodo169 Check     
    shakinaces Bet  £0.70 £1.60 £9.41
    xxxRaise  £1.40 £3.00 £5.30
    frodo169 Fold     
    shakinaces All-in  £9.41 £12.41 £0.00
    xxxAll-in  £5.30 £17.71 £0.00
    shakinaces Unmatched bet  £3.41 £14.30 £3.41
    shakinaces Show

xxxShow
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

River

shakinaces Win Two Pairs, 4s and 2s £13.22  £16.63
  • edited August 2014
    welcome to the gang outlaw
  • edited August 2014
    Cheers Ten, look forward to a bit of abuse from my new team members when I'm donking about in the DTDs!

I seem to have become more of a lightweight as I get older. Saturday was a slow day after 'a few quiet beers' became 'drinking tumblers of whisky till 4am' on Friday night.

I did play a few hands after listening to an excellent opening day's football, but after losing nearly two BI including one where I bizarrely thought it was a good idea to barrel off against the biggest NL10 nit on the site, I realised it was time to 'book the loss' and return to the sofa and watch mindless violence on the TV.

Earned most of it back from a few little sessions on Sunday, but more side-tracked by playing/watching footy and needlessly speeding around town in a demo car.

First world problems are ace. Tough life having to use my (very limited) driving ability to work out which one will be the new company car. For the record, the M-sport 1-series is an utter beast. I will definitely lose my license if I pick that.

So I will almost certainly pick it.

Might be a bit of a ball-ache having to cycle around the country for work over the next few years though...

DTD and PPT games after gym tonight. Hope I find secure some good luckboxing.
  • edited August 2014
    abuse to an outlaw by an outlaw unheard of lol
  • edited August 2014
    abuse to an outlaw by an outlaw unheard of lol
    Posted by TENTENTEN
    What are you talking about Paul?
    Sod off!

;)
  • edited August 2014
    £1,465.79

Only played twice since last update. DTD for one minor cash and just missed out on PPT top 50 after getting in with AK vs AK vs KK... doh!

Yesterday I played a bit of 2 x NL20 and generally scrapped and battled to some small profits, but came undone in one hand against a super loose player... allegedly plays at higher levels... seemed to own everyone at the table, frequently lol

He'd c/r a LOT of river cards, too many to have always had it, but I think a lot of players were iso raising him fairly wide pre (given he was limp calling to see almost all flops) and therefore were rarely super strong themselves when the river c/r hit.

I did call in this spot once and he flicked over a busted straight draw, which was what was forefront in my mind when I made (what I see now) was a very fishy call.  Plus I should have bet bigger on other streets.  @rse.
    splashies Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £19.90
    _Bonzoso Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £38.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

villainCall  £0.20 £0.50 £59.28
    shakinaces Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £33.71
    JRHartleyx Fold     
    splashies Fold     
    _Bonzoso Fold     
    villainCall  £0.60 £1.90 £58.68
    Flop

villainCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £1.00 £2.90 £32.71
    villainCall  £1.00 £3.90 £57.68
    Turn

villainCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £2.40 £6.30 £30.31
    villainCall  £2.40 £8.70 £55.28
    River

villainCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £6.00 £14.70 £24.31
    villainRaise  £26.60 £41.30 £28.68
    shakinaces Call  £20.60 £61.90 £3.71
    villainShow

shakinaces Muck
    • A
    • A

villainWin Two Pairs, 9s and 2s £60.10  £88.78
    Back down to NL10 it is... I know my place lol
  • edited August 2014
    Wouldn't worry to much about the above shakin. Seems ok to me.

• edited August 2014
    £1,438.11

Meh, it's like walking through treacle this week lol

In the main I didn't play badly yesterday but was on the verge of tilting when I saw sense to log off.

Much like the Forest strikers of the last decade, I couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo. The couple of times I was lucky enough to flop top set the board then ran out with 4 to a straight/flush and I was forced to fold with around half a stack in the middle.

Nothing much can be done there.

May play a little today, after a few pints, depending on what my vision is like when I get home from the pub later.
  • edited August 2014
    I guess the only query is whether I should be getting active with a semi-strong hand like AJs when I'll be OOP and almost certainly going to get a caller or two.

This was my first hand at the table. UTG I've played a bit with, tends to size opens based on hand strength so felt like I was in an OK position vs them. SB I've played against a lot, was likely to be playing suited ace rag, mid to low pairs, suited connectors. Fairly tight. I'd expect a lot of folds to a c-bet from both of them here.

Never seen the player that called me down before, but as the game moved on they either seemed to station weaker made hands or overbet pot with straights or better. In retrospect, bit surprised they didn't shove river, but I guess quads was too strong for them lol.

At the time I figured that 5x didn't make sense unless it was 55. Felt a lot like other Jacks and mid-pairs could be calling through the streets so felt like I had to bet flop and turn for value.

I dunno. Perhaps I should just be playing tighter from the blinds and avoiding these sort of big OOP pots.
    SBSmall blind  £0.05 £0.05 £12.85
    shakinaces Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £19.90
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

UTGRaise  £0.20 £0.35 £12.72
    BUTTONCall  £0.20 £0.55 £42.80
    SBCall  £0.15 £0.70 £12.70
    shakinaces Raise  £0.90 £1.60 £19.00
    UTGCall  £0.80 £2.40 £11.92
    BUTTONCall  £0.80 £3.20 £42.00
    SBCall  £0.80 £4.00 £11.90
    Flop

• J

SBCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £2.20 £6.20 £16.80
    UTGCall  £2.20 £8.40 £9.72
    BUTTONCall  £2.20 £10.60 £39.80
    SBFold     
    Turn

shakinaces Bet  £5.10 £15.70 £11.70
    UTGFold     
    BUTTONCall  £5.10 £20.80 £34.70
    River

• Q

shakinaces Check     
    BUTTONBet  £4.75 £25.55 £29.95
    shakinaces Call  £4.75 £30.30 £6.95
    BUTTONShow

shakinaces Muck
    • J
    • A

BUTTONWin Four 5s £28.90  £58.85
  • edited August 2014
    Not much wrong with above IMHO. By the river we are only beating KJ but it's hard to resist a call at the price he gave you. I certainly can't see why you shouldn't 3bet AJs over a min raise and 2 calls. Maybe make it slightly larger.
    Just on a little run bad at the mo, you'll soon be crushing again......
  • edited August 2014
    £1,484.71

Friday - drunk too much, fell asleep before I could open my laptop. GG me.

Saturday - test driving this weeks toy, an AMG A-series, so not home until fairly late. For what it's worth, they are beautiful, but terrible cars. I think owning one would be sort of like going out with a vacuous former prom queen, you'd love the envious looks from others that see you with someone (or something) so pretty, but in private you can't stand to be around her (it). Looking forward to handing the keys back :/

Anyway, there was one mental table of pokerz when I did log on, 5-tabled briefly but in the end figured it would be best just to drop to 1. It was only NL8 but with 3 players regularly getting it all in and reloading if they lost, there was well over £200 in play.  I ended about £40 up in the end.

I had aces twice that night, once at the mad table, once at another. Won both times. Based on what I read in BBV its 100/1 you win with aces, so by my A-level maths skills I make that a 10,000/1 shot. Talk about run good.

Sunday - Played around 65mins of 11-a-side, the longest I've played in about a year because of injury. Feeling pretty good. Foolishly agreed to play an hour of 7-a-side in the afternoon. Took a while to find the energy to cross the room and pick up the laptop.

The games at all tables I sat at were like bingo games. Lots of 6-people to the flop even when 8x raising or more, lots of c-betting with draws or top pairs, only to get re-raised all-in and have to fold. Standard 3b and standard flop raise was all-in for 100bb stacks, nothing more subtle than that.

Not sure I really adjusted to be honest. Part of me felt like I should give up raising pre and just join the limp party, sticking around if I flop monsters.

As it was, I largely played the same but was lucky to get paid with a flopped set of 9s and again with aces (a 10,000,000 shot if combined with Saturday... I should have been buying lotto tickets).

I did also watch a few videos. Again got bemused by the stats being quoted from a HUD. Largely feel like I need to ditch most of my hands and nut peddle if I'm to succeed.  I find that a little depressing really. Where's the fun in only playing 20% of hands and folding worse than a good 2pr?!? :)

Today - gym. will hurt. hopefully DTD if I get home in time, although zero chance I'll run as well as last week!!
  • edited August 2014
    gl in the dtds tonight outlaw run well
  • edited August 2014
    Cheers Paul - run poorly, didn't play much better lol... think I may have already peaked in DTDs with my top 10 finish last week!!

£1,521.36

£17 bonus from the Swans 4th spot. Nice. Just need to find a daft bet to try and spin my £5 free bet into something worthwhile. All tips welcomed.

Think I'm on another run good with promos as I'll be surprised if the Black Cats line up misses out on the top 5 this week. Thank you Sky random-name-generator.

I just fell short of break even on Monday by winning a small bit at cash to offset the blanks in the tournis. Didn't help that I donked off a daft play to BorinLoner though. That made me realise how tired I was and give up for the day lol.

Yesterday I jumped on after footy, added a bit more money after another run at NL20 on what was a very nitty table. Dropped down to NL10 after that just because it was more fun. Made another dubious play, got a few rotten spots against players holding the top of their range, forced to fold some big hands vs supernits which I'll try and dig out. So a bit of a rollercoaster time that ended up marginally in the black.

I may have been a bit side-tracked by the footy on SSN. Top of the league after 3 games (again). Hope things progress a bit better than they did from this point last season!!  I need to find some spare cash from somewhere (dunno where) to get to a few games before it all goes b00bs up....
  • edited August 2014
    Is this getting too tight against a multi-table NL10 supernit? (ps I know I should have bet bigger pre, nearly timed out because the tables lag so much now and could only hit the '+' on the slider twice :/ )

pps the lag has gotten so much worse since the last software update... used to be able to play 10 tables (if I wanted), now even 4 tables is on the verge of unplayable. May have to withdraw in order to fund a new laptop :(
    sevlow Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £14.27
    villainBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £15.97
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

purrer01 Fold     
    chrisx2525 Fold     
    limperCall  £0.10 £0.25 £6.95
    shakinaces Raise  £0.30 £0.55 £11.26
    sevlow Fold     
    villainCall  £0.20 £0.75 £15.77
    limperCall  £0.20 £0.95 £6.75
    Flop

villainCheck     
    limperCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £0.60 £1.55 £10.66
    villainCall  £0.60 £2.15 £15.17
    limperCall  £0.60 £2.75 £6.15
    Turn

villainCheck     
    limperCheck     
    shakinaces Bet  £1.90 £4.65 £8.76
    villainRaise  £6.81 £11.46 £8.36
    limperFold     
    shakinaces Fold     
    villainMuck     
    villainWin  £6.05  £14.41
    villainReturn  £4.91 £0.50 £19.32
  • edited August 2014
    lol I was just going through other hands and hadn't seen oppo hand with my attempt to sneak a value bet on hand 1 and had forgotten the weirdness of hand 2...

Shame I can't retrospectively add a note to villain 1!

And I know, probably should have raised turn with villain 2, not sure of value on that though when they have a tendency to call most hands in that spot and I'm only 4/1 to win the hand?
    shakinaces Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £20.41
    LARSON7 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.40
    villainBig blind  £0.10 £0.25 £4.90
      Your hole cards

villainCheck     
    LuckyDaveB Fold     
    Mizuchi Call  £0.10 £0.35 £9.60
    shakinaces Raise  £0.45 £0.80 £19.96
    LARSON7 Fold     
    villainCall  £0.40 £1.20 £4.50
    Mizuchi Call  £0.40 £1.60 £9.20
    Flop

• J

shakinaces Bet  £1.00 £2.60 £18.96
    villainCall  £1.00 £3.60 £3.50
    Mizuchi Fold     
    Turn

shakinaces Check     
    villainCheck     
    River

shakinaces Bet  £1.70 £5.30 £17.26
    villainCall  £1.70 £7.00 £1.80
    shakinaces Show

villainMuck

shakinaces Win Three 9s £6.52  £23.78
    Lastogo Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £7.75
    villainBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £1.46
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

limperCall  £0.10 £0.25 £15.57
    supercrazy Fold     
    shakinaces Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £9.72
    oafc963 Fold     
    Lastogo Fold     
    villainCall  £0.30 £0.95 £1.16
    limperCall  £0.30 £1.25 £15.27
    Flop

villainBet  £0.10 £1.35 £1.06
    limperCall  £0.10 £1.45 £15.17
    shakinaces Call  £0.10 £1.55 £9.62
    Turn

villainBet  £0.10 £1.65 £0.96
    limperFold     
    shakinaces Call  £0.10 £1.75 £9.52
    River

villainFold     
    shakinaces Muck     
    shakinaces Win  £1.61  £11.13
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Shakin
    I was at the game last night.
    Talk about a game of 2 halves.
    Cherries should have been 2 or 3 nil up by half time.
    Shocked how poor Forest were to be honest.
    Pearce must have given them a rocket at half time !
    I think a draw would have been a fairer result.

We was robbed !!! lol