You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
gl with this x

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hey folks my name is William(wullie) I have been thinking of doing a diary on here for while but to be honest just been kind of lazy and  my writing and grammar is pretty poor so beware if it tilts you. The main reason I want to start this diary is just keep focused and motivated everyday and will do my best to update as much as possible.

Little bit about myself
    I`m 26 years old I live with my fiancee Nichola and my son Liam who`s 6 years old(that`s where my usename comes from). I`m currently at Ayrshire College studying HND1 Health,fitness and exercise. I wanted a change in career  because I was in the sales environment for over 6 years pretty much since left school and just wasn`t for me anymore so went back to college to do something i`m interested in. I love all kinds of sports but football is my favourite and i`m very competitive at everything I won`t even let my son beat me at fifa on the playstation
    How started poker and still going
    How I got into poker I had my 1st game of poker when I was 17. Me and brother was going round to my dad`s for dinner and a few beers. After dinner my dad asked me want to play poker I never had a clue but I liked a gamble so I was in. Sadly I never won that night was out 1st in the both games but it was great fun and just played every couple months for a few years not taking it too serious.

Fast forward a little bit in 09/10 I started playing online on several sites like sky etc just depositing every couple months mainly playing micro sng`s and mtt`s wasnt doing well at all so bought  3 harrington on holdem mtt books and read up a little online and started getting better getting a few deep runs in sky`s mains like the primo and won the fri night rebuy so was actually doing well but when look back I honstly ran insanely well. So what I did several times after a few decent score on mtts I would withdraw a chunk and use the rest play cash usually anything from 20-50nl and I was just constantly losing money on cash. I wasn`t happy with my cash game I was obviously making so many mistakes so read up online,watched videos and bought harrington on cash games volume 1 and  2. I was starting to understand cash a little more so roughly about may 2011 I deposited £80 (20 buyins for 4nl) the plan was to move up to each level as soon got 20 buyins for the next level I eventually got my bankroll up to £1k by july 2011, so took shot 50nl was there for a couple months and with bad bankroll management I ended up going bust the regs destroyed me and only reason lasted couple months at 50nl was because I ran well if wasn`t so lucky in certain spots I would prob busted so much sooner. Even though sucks going bust I learned a few valuable lessons and felt was still improving in cash.

I was still working full-time and was booked up for vegas in june 2012 for 5 nights so set myself a challenge in October 2011 to turn £80 into over £1k again but this time be more strict with my BRM. So deposited another £80 and was just playing between 4-30nl when it came to June I had roughly £1.8k in my account. I withdrew £1.5k for spending money for Vegas and went had the best 5 nights ever and also met some pros like Liv Boeree, Antonio Esfandiari, Mike Matusow ,Daniel Negreanu and many others.

After Vegas I still had £300ish in my sky account so just went back to playing 10nl for quite a while I was winning on a regular basis so what I did was kept £500 on my account each month and skimmed anything above the £500 to treat myself and family or pay a bill to make things easier because at this point I was back at college and wasn`t working at this point so the extra money from poker helped out a lot. Roughly around January/February 2013 I had big winning months at the tables so kept some extra funds in my account take shots at 20/30nl. The first few sessions never went to plan but not too much damage was done and after a couple weeks I started going back to winning ways and to be honest not looked back. I have now been a regular at 20/30nl since and from November 2013 I also been adding in 50nl tables with some mixed success. I am now currently rolled to play 20-50nl and I still continue to withdraw each month just as said before to treat the family and if any bills need paid.

Goals
    -My goals are to finish my college get the qualifications needed to progress further and get a career.
    -Continue to improve on my poker game I still have many leaks especially controlling my tilt.
    -Continue to win at cash tables and try win a sky main event in future (primo,roller,ukops etc).
    -Do my best to be there for my family and friends, sometimes poker gets in the way and can control your life.
  • edited May 2014
    Good luck mate, I'll be reading!!
  • edited May 2014

Will read with interest m8, GL.
  • edited May 2014
    GL from duckyyyyygirl :)
  • edited May 2014
    lol hey mate, always wondered if you would do a "diary" haha

Nice opening post.

You will smash your goals.

Good luck and look forward to reading more.
  • edited May 2014
    cheers folks I will be posting up how today went soon

if the diary fails larson you can give me tips m8 :)
  • edited May 2014
    I always wondered where the name came from cause i knew you weren't called Liam lol. Good luck mate, will read with interest
  • edited May 2014
    all the best bud
  • edited May 2014
    love the read. Will definately be watching
  • edited May 2014
    Good read mate. All the best.

I didn't know you were that good. :)
  • edited May 2014
    lol now u know matt :)

Awrite guys had a good start to May was kind of worried cause I finished April on a downswing so didn`t want it to continue on to this month. Only played around 3hrs in total mainly playing 20nl but I had a couple of 30-50nl tables going also. To be honest ran pretty well especially vs a regular in big pots just having the best hand most of time and holding :)

Played-3hrs
    Limit-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£160.15
    Points-304

Outside poker never done much the wane was at school,mrs was doing a shift so got some college work done that`s due in on Tuesday. Also nipped over to my brother`s with Liam after his school because it was my nephews birthday today he turned 3 so they are  having a little party at weekend for him.
  • edited May 2014
    cheers guys and George I`m not :)
  • edited May 2014
    GL with your challenges..... ooh and let young Liam win at Fifa now and again ;o)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii11 Here we go!:
    cheers guys and George I`m not :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    £160 in 3 hours and you claim you are not good?

Nit.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii11 Here we go! : £160 in 3 hours and you claim you are not good? Nit.
    Posted by GreekWay
    everyone can run good at times :)

and a00rock no chance the boy gotta learn ha ha
  • edited May 2014
    All the best buddy.  Always nice to see the good guys doing well.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii11 Here we go! : everyone can run good at times :) and a00rock no chance the boy gotta learn ha ha
    Posted by liamboi11
    Where is the run good switch? It must be somewhere in the house.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii11 Here we go! : everyone can run good at times :) and a00rock no chance the boy gotta learn ha ha
    Posted by liamboi11
    We understand the boy had to learn but sending him to bed when he goes one up against you is just poor form IMO!

Best of luck mate!
  • edited May 2014
    i play a lot of tables with you liam so i just want to ask a question.

when you see my aggression post flop do you think i play over aggressive post flop and make it difficult for people to semi bluff or are these stakes still cautious with post flop action?
  • edited May 2014

Good Luck with this William, you have a very positive approach so am sure you will hit your Goals, look forward to reading how you get on.

Michael
  • edited May 2014
    Good luck. Will read with interest. 
  • edited May 2014
    cheers guys will try best make it interesting

and matt thanks telling everyone how a beat my son at fifa :)
  • edited May 2014
    Best of luck pal.

Hope you smash all your targets.

Hopefully starting with the mega roller Sunday ; )

Go Horsey go
  • edited May 2014
    Hope this goes well Will maybe see you at the tables again in a few weeks when i start grinding again
  • edited May 2014
    GL Wullie!  Will read with interest.
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks again guys for all the gl messages

Posting today`s results just now as i`m off out play my weekly home game. We have a league organised and has player of the year,main event etc and it`s very competitive. We have only 2 weeks left and think i`m sitting 4th so need a top 3 finish tonight or it`s all over for the league and for player of the year(sitting 2nd overall atm) but besides all that it`s good fun and banter.

Session-Started quite well was up 2+ buyins in like 15 mins then 2 hands came up at same time on different tables I floated flop with ax suited hands and hit backdoor flush by river both were on paired boards but anyways cut long story short lost stack both occasions maybe could fold one of them cause one them was a very tight player but other one felt right stack off as they were unknown and got some notes on them for next time. After these I kind of spewed away so quit before I did myself more damage.

Played-2hrs
    Limits-20/30nl
    Profit/loss-£-44.44
    Points-489

Will need up the grind as got message from sky priority saying if get 11.5k pts this month I get to select a prize. So told the mrs what I could pick if get the target and she already said she wants the kindle fire hd and better get playing :).
  • edited May 2014
    All the best mate, will follow this thread with interest
  • edited May 2014
    thanks waller

Hey folks  just wee update about today played a couple of sessions overall was like 7.5hrs played it never went well at all. I don`t like to moan much  but basically I ran bad, played bad , got coolered my fair share and tilted a wee bit more than normal. We all get days like this so just got to get on with it and man up. :)

Played-7.5hrs
    Limits-20/30nl(Included a couple of 50/100nl tables)
    Profit/loss-£-273.56
    Overall Points-1231

My home poker game last night I came 2nd which is great keeps me in the running for some cash. One my mates already got the league wrapped up before going into the last week so well done to him he was by far the best player this league and deserves the £375 for 1st place. We still got £200 for 2nd and £100 for 3rd up for grabs, I`m currently 3rd at the moment on 56 points but 2 my mates are joint 2nd with 59 points and also 4th has 54 points so next week will be interesting that 4 of us are going for 2nd but will keep yous updated.

• edited May 2014
    Well today guys was another losing day not just on cash but on mtt`s also. I played a few mtt`s like Mega roller,Mini,£3kbounty and some sats for roller had no luck in anything :).

The roller finished 73rd I really never got going at all was just grinding 15-25bb stack constantly then tried make something happen. Blinds 500/1k I have 25kish and btn had like 40kish,I had 810hh utg+1 I min raise btn flats flop a84hh I c-bet 2.125k in to 5.5k pot opponent raises to 6k ,I ship it allin he calls wae a10ss and opponent holds win that i`m up to just over 50k but not meant to be.

cash only played a couple of hours mainly playing 20/30nl got 2 cooler flops imo. The first hand I have a5dd on btn get that weird min 3bet from bb I call brd comes ak5cc opponent bets pot I raise get it in he has 55.

2nd hand on 30nl table, Notes on opponent I have pegged as a good aggro reg can put you in tough spots and mixes it up but tbh maybe I should not played hand the way I did but I like to 4bet more than just aa/kk :)

Also sorry could not post hand properly so done it maually

line 1:              'Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance'

line 2:              'liamboi11 Small blind £0.15 £0.15 £29.85'

line 3:              '__SAINT__ Sitout'

line 4:              'Reg Big blind £0.30 £0.45 £61.09'

line 5:              'Your hole cards'

line 6:              '10d'

line 7:              'Qd'

line 9:              'Dollie Fold'

line 10:              'obclead Fold'

line 11:              'liamboi11 Raise £1.05 £1.50 £28.80'

line 12:              'Reg Raise £2.10 £3.60 £58.99'

line 13:              'liamboi11 Raise £4.30 £7.90 £24.50'

line 14:              'Reg Call £3.10 £11.00 £55.89'

line 15:              'Flop'

line 17:              'Kd'

line 18:              'Ah'

line 19:              '7d'

line 21:              'liamboi11 Bet £5.70 £16.70 £18.80'

line 22:              'Reg Raise £11.40 £28.10 £44.49'

line 23:              'liamboi11 All-in £18.80 £46.90 £0.00'

line 24:              'Reg Call £13.10 £60.00 £31.39'

line 25:              'liamboi11 Show'

line 26:              '10d'

line 27:              'Qd'

line 28:              'Reg Show'

line 29:              'Ac'

line 30:              'As'

line 31:              'Turn'

line 33:              '9'

line 35:              'River'

line 37:              '3'

line 39:              'Reg Win Three Aces £58.20 £89.5

so not been great start to the month but tbh I`ve had worst starts and still confident can turn it around,here`s today overall results.

Played-4-5hrs
    Profit/loss-£-265.42
    Overall Points-1452

• edited May 2014

Yeah you do run quite rubbish.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    rizlakid18 Small blind  300.00 300.00 9830.00
    Matt237 Big blind  600.00 900.00 11630.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

henners10 Fold