You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii11 Diary:
    Hi William, not been here for last 5 weeks.. how things have changed for you. nl20-nl50 even nl100  wow. great going mate.. br must be good i'm guessing/hoping :) best wishes from a little fish.. Devonfish  ha ha
    Posted by devonfish5
    hey dev hope your well buddy and hope poker going well for you also. Yeah poker has been really good to me for a while and yeah BR is lot bigger than what it was when we were down playing 4-10nl couple years ago :).

hope you come back to forum regularly used to love reading your diaries mate.
  • edited May 2014
    Had to post tonight finally had a winning day :)

I Started quite early today well for me anyways around 11am playin a mix of 20-50nl got off to horrid start down like £100 in first 10-15mins really don`t know what I was doing when I looked at the HH`s but anyways I grinded it back to even just before the hour then 3 hands happened at the same time and I lost £100+ again so I just quit because I was steaming and would have done more damage.

So after spending most the day with mrs and my son just watching some films and eating a load of munchies the mrs started getting the wane ready for his bath,getting pj`s on and supper etc and I jumped back on the poker around 6.15pm till 11.45pm I decided to play mainly 20/30nl until I start having some regular winning sessions no point playing higher if feel I ain`t playing my best game just now. The session started awesome tbh I ran like god in the 1st hour basically just hittin a couple 2 outers and coolering a few others. So for that session played for 5.5hrs and ended up £160+ ,so for today overall finished up £60+ feel`s like a massive win tbh because was down just over £100 from earlier hopefully I can continue to run good for rest the month get back into the black.

Todays results

Played-6.5hrs
    Limits-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£60.29
    Points total-6772

• edited May 2014
    Another good day in the bag ran pretty well at cash(especially vs craigcu12 sorry bud) I played mainly 20-40nl tables and ended up playing one 50nl near the end of the session finished up £190+ in roughly 4 hours work :).

Also tonight thought give the sng promo ago again  played-5, 1st-2, 2nd-1, not placed-2 so think if my calculations is right i`m around 80% roi atm so hope can keep that up with running well at cash and I`d be a happy chappy.

Today`s Results

Played-4hrs
    Limits-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£218.37(£22.00 from sng`s)
    Points total-7118

• edited May 2014
    Also one last thing I feel I need a good name for my diary if anyone has any suggestions let me hear them thanks in advance :)
  • edited May 2014
    Nice to get a couple of winning sessions under the belt pal.
    Long may it continue.
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah defo pat we all know it doesn`t last forever so I will enjoy it as much as I can :).

I had quite a busy day at college today in the morning I had my gym instructor assessment which I failed on safety because wasn`t 100% clear when was spotting my client and forgot put safety clips on sigh. I get another attempt to fix my mistake next week so hopefully pass then. Afternoon I had a 10 minute presentation talking about the topic I had chosen for my graded unit I managed to finish all preparation for it but we ran out of time so me and a few others got to do it next week talk about running good :).

Poker today went really well again played around 3 hours of cash just the usual a mix of 20-50nl ran awesome again for most part of my session and finished roughly £200 in profit. I also played 3 mtt`s (£5kTurbo,mini and the Priority freeroll) I managed to cash in main and mini just min cashes but tbh can`t mind last time made the money so i`m happy with a small profit in them.

Todays results

Played-5+hrs
    Limits-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£224.72
    Points total-7496

Still need 4k+ points to get my priority target for the month to win a prize tbh I don`t normally care about points always try focus mainly on profit`s, but mrs is nipping my head asking how many points I got each day and I better get her that kindle fire hd lol ok boss.

• edited May 2014
    You were there in the mini to see my bad beat. Only started to run bad once i got moved to your table, think you passed on the bug. Nice to see the profitz up
  • edited May 2014
    Reading with interest, more HH's though ;)
  • edited May 2014
    lol timed me out after i had made a post

Shortened version, nice results may the run good continue!

You'll get the exam next week no dramas

And check out hypeting fishing for info:)
  • edited May 2014
    hey matt soz about passing on the bug :)

hypeting-everytime post a hand it goes all crazy lol but will try get it sorted and start posting HH`s

larson- cheers m8 how u gettin on ?
  • edited May 2014
    Hi W, still reading. Looks like things are on the up.  Good luck with next weeks college work.  Have you made any plans work wise?
  • edited May 2014
    Hi W, still reading. Looks like things are on the up.  Good luck with next weeks college work.  Have you made any plans work wise?
    Posted by Glenelg
    hey mate yeah picked up a little last few days long may it continue :)

thanks I have been playing catch up a lot this year with college kind of let poker get on top of things by staying up most nights grinding then come the morning i`m too tired to attend college my own fault but hope I get everything passed to move on next year and be 100% focused on college in the future.

I have organised my work experience through the college so will be given a taste of working in the fitness environment for a little but think after college done this year may start applying to work in gym`s in my area just part-time though just until complete my studies.
  • edited May 2014
    lol timed me out after i had made a post Shortened version, nice results may the run good continue! You'll get the exam next week no dramas And check out hypeting fishing for info:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    ;)
  • edited May 2014
    well the running good phase ended today, I played around 3 hours cash made small loss was also 1-2 tabling some sng`s made small loss on them also. Tonight played 3 mtt`s(main,mini,megastack) and also got my ukpc sng final finished tonight I ended finishing in 5th so will need try the satellites if want get there in august.

The mtt`s started great in them all but after the addon stages really went card dead in both main and mini and could not find a spot tbh,so in mini ended up losing a flip and main exit hand was vul imo I still can`t post hand properly so done it manually. Finally the megastack made a min cash so today was a losing day but no fussed because like £60 was spent on mtt`s and they can be a hit or miss at times.

Todays results

Played-6hrs
    Limits-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£-89.73(inc mtts/sngs)
    Points total-7929

Main Exit hand

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    semtex11 Small blind 250.00 250.00 73770.75
    liamboi11 Big blind 500.00 750.00 12050.00
      Your hole cards
    A
    A

Lambert180 Fold
    rodney2007 Fold
    Meewam Fold
    semtex11 Raise 750.00 1500.00 73020.75
    liamboi11 Raise 1825.00 3325.00 10225.00
    semtex11 Call 1325.00 4650.00 71695.75
    Flop

J

semtex11 Bet 4650.00 9300.00 67045.75
    liamboi11 All-in 10225.00 19525.00 0.00
    semtex11 Call 5575.00 25100.00 61470.75
    semtex11 Show
    J
    liamboi11 Show
    A
    A
    Turn

River

semtex11 Win Full House, 7s and Jacks 25100.00 86570.75
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii11 Diary : hey mate yeah picked up a little last few days long may it continue :) thanks I have been playing catch up a lot this year with college kind of let poker get on top of things by staying up most nights grinding then come the morning i`m too tired to attend college my own fault but hope I get everything passed to move on next year and be 100% focused on college in the future. I have organised my work experience through the college so will be given a taste of working in the fitness environment for a little but think after college done this year may start applying to work in gym`s in my area just part-time though just until complete my studies.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Story of my life. 
  • edited May 2014
    Hey folks not posted in a while mainly due to not playing much never played thu/fri only played 2 hours of cash on saturday made £175+ mainly playin 20/50nl.

Tonight thought just play a few mtt`s and then get back to finishing some college stuff. The mtt`s played was main,mini,ukpc semi and the apat mtt on another site.

The roller I ran horrible when I was allin think 2nd level I got allin on j10x flop wae 10s vs opponent aa pot was around 24k prob make me chip leader ace on river sigh. I was then down to just over 2k grinded away got up to 6k then fell back down to just over 4k I get aa utg raises I 3bet he flats j72 flop he check calls my shove with 99 and turn was a nine I got into roller through a £3 allin sat so not too fussed.

Mini wasn`t much better think was 2nd level I call utg raise wae 43cc on button the bb calls aswell a52cc so got straight and flush draw, bb donks pot original raiser calls I raise,bb ships,utg raiser folds I call and bb has aa and turn is a deuce give him fh ggod game me.

On to some better new I got free entry into the ukpcs semi for 5th in the sng final I actually got through to the £220 ukpc final but I ended up just taking the cash and prob try a few satellites through the week.

The apat mtt on other site it`s a £8.80 buyin and it was last week of the 10 week league and they have individual and team leaderboards. My team is in middle of league so we couldn`t win anything but still good effort.  I finished 4th for £57 tonight in the tourney so think I have finished 2nd in the individual leaderboard but will find out tomorrow for defo and see what prizes I have won.

Sat/Sun results

Played-2hrs(cash),4hrs(mtts)=6hrs
    Limits-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£175.06(cash),£263(mtts)=£438.06
    Points total-8349

• edited May 2014
    Forgot post last night as was stressing out about some college stuff that had to do today. The good news was I passed my gym instructor assessment and also my presentation about a specific topic I had chosen for an essay. Feels like a huge weight been lifted off my shoulders and now only got a few bits and bobs to do for other units and looks like I will be done for this year yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Back to poker only played for couple hours yesterday bit of a mix played some cash 20/30nl and was up £50+, also played 5 sng`s won 2 and bust 3 so made a small profit of £11.50 there.

Monday`s Results

Played-2hrs
    Limits-20-30nl
    Profit/loss-£62.30(inc sng`s)
    Points total-8509

• edited May 2014
    Question time:

How do you organise your playing time? Do you have a certain amount of hours that you play everyday or do you set a profit target everyday and you try to achieve it?
  • edited May 2014
    Question time: How do you organise your playing time? Do you have a certain amount of hours that you play everyday or do you set a profit target everyday and you try to achieve it?
    Posted by GreekWay
    Hey mate I don`t set myself an exact amount of hours but for last 6 months I played between 100-140 hours per month, just depends on how I feel,how i`m running and if I have things planned either be college or spending more time with family/friends.

I never set myself any profit targets cause you could reach your target halfway through month and not want play incase you lose the other half month which is an awful attitude or you may have a bad month and put a lot of pressure on yourself to try win the last week. So yeah defo don`t set goals like that and just try play my best, minimize tilt and I`m confident I will be fine each month as long I don`t run that bad :).
  • edited May 2014
    Congrats on passing your assessment pal.
  • edited May 2014
    Congrats on passing your assessment pal.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Thanks mate
  • edited May 2014
    Wow no posted in a few days no reason at all though other than just being lazy so don`t worry i`m no broke yet :).

Think for next month i`m just going post weekly updates what`s been happening in life and in poker so posts may have more information but will cover whole week.

Last few days results

Date-27th
    Played-2hrs
    Limits-no cash(played main,ukpc qtr,3 sngs)
    Profit/loss-£7.00

Date-28th
    Played-1hrs
    Limits-no cash(played 2 sngs)
    Profit/loss-£-11.00

Date-29th
    Played-5.5hrs
    Limits-20-40nl(inc 4 allin sats no return)
    Profit/loss-£31.31

Date-30th
    Played-3hrs
    Limits-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£230.19

Points total-9422

so got one more day to play to try make a 4 figure profit to the month which never looked likely at start of the month tbh. Will post tomorrow how the whole month went for me and my overall stats.

• edited May 2014
    You are far from a luckbox
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary:
    You are far from a luckbox
    Posted by Matt237
    some would say different but thanks bud :)
  • edited May 2014
    Well today was the last day of of a rollercoaster month for myself. I needed just under 600 points if wanted to reach priority so ended up playing some RR`s just give me that little push made small loss of £28 from them but wanted to be done before boxing started ,what a punch from froch eh :). I also didn`t make my target the priority team set but wasn`t too fussed because said to mrs I will just buy her a kindle fire hd for like £90 and the gadget freeroll as long you make prio you get enter although with smaller starting stack. 

Cash went great all day ran great in the big pots and never had many coolers or suckouts which keeps my tilt too minimum. So played around 5 hours mainly 20/30nl with the odd 50nl table and finished up £420+ which good finish to the month.

Today`s results

Played-5hrs
    Limits-20-50nl
    Profit/loss-£424.96 
    Points total-10011

So overall for the month as you`s know I had bad start was down over £400+ in the first week and then couldn`t get consecutive winning sessions and was really frustrating but sometimes you just got try stay positive and play through it which is a lot easier said than done. The last week and half it turned round for me and starting running awesome just the usual big hands holding,my combo draws hitting and a few my bluffs getting through(even though I don`t bluff much lol).

I ended up finishing with a nice profit just under £1.4k which is great also had chance get a ukpc seat through the sng promo final which never went well but will just try more sats next month. My mtt`s this month was pretty awful tbh I know a lot times I built up decent stacks and then ran horrible but the other half time I just honestly played terrible and spewed stacks away so hopefully do better next month maybe win the roller that be nice.

Monthly Results

Total hours-115hrs
    Days played-26(17 winning days)
    Played-20-50nl(inc £5.50 sng`s+ various mtts)
    Overall Profit-£1396.99
    Total points-10011

• edited June 2014
    Well done W!  Keep the diary going.  A day -/+ would also be useful. 
  • edited June 2014
    Excellent pal.1.4k for the month is brillant.
    June is sats month as we said. (I need a drinking partner : ) if I go over.
    Run well pal.
  • edited June 2014
    thanks mate will keep it going next month but just less updates I think.

yeah got told when typing profit/loss its hard to tell if i`m up or down but when was losing day I put figures in red but will start using +/- instead if easier to read :).

thanks pat,defo buddy need get this seat locked up don`t want you drinking urself come august lol.
  • edited June 2014
    Lol true pal.
    If im left on my own I could end up playing cash and getting abuse ; )
    Still laugh about that in Newcastle.

About the figures it is unclear at first just use Overall Profit =£1396.99

Use - when at a loss but you wont have to use that
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary:
    Lol true pal. If im left on my own I could end up playing cash and getting abuse ; ) Still laugh about that in Newcastle. About the figures it is unclear at first just use Overall Profit =£1396.99 Use - when at a loss but you wont have to use that
    Posted by day4eire76

Newcastle was one the funniest Spt I went to what a great laugh we all had that weekend especially that sit and go we all played ha ha.

yeah noted wasn`t aware it was unclear the profit/loss until james told me couple of days ago :)