You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Hey Mate

Nice month in May

Now for a Booming June...

Good luck with the month mate, and qualifying for Notts
  • edited June 2014

A wins a win pal no mater how I luckboxed it ; )

In Response to Re: Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary:
    In Response to Re: Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary : Newcastle was one the funniest Spt I went to what a great laugh we all had that weekend especially that sit and go we all played ha ha. yeah noted wasn`t aware it was unclear the profit/loss until james told me couple of days ago :)
    Posted by liamboi11
  • edited June 2014
    Hey Mate Nice month in May Now for a Booming June... Good luck with the month mate, and qualifying for Notts
    Posted by LARSON7

Cheers mate hope you had a good mth also and gl in june too

• edited June 2014
    A wins a win pal no mater how I luckboxed it ; ) In Response to Re: Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary :
    Posted by day4eire76
    You made a crucial fold in that sng when a called clock on you :)
  • edited June 2014
    Great results for May mate. Keep it up. 

Also great diary and interesting change on its title. :)

As I can see you are doing very well on the tables. Have you thought of moving up the levels or you are happy with the money you are winning and you want to stay at the levels you are playing at the moment?
  • edited June 2014
    Great results for May mate. Keep it up.  Also great diary and interesting change on its title. :) As I can see you are doing very well on the tables. Have you thought of moving up the levels or you are happy with the money you are winning and you want to stay at the levels you are playing at the moment?
    Posted by GreekWay

Hey mate thanks glad you like the diary and the change of title don`t know one my mates calls me a luckbox all time so decided change if for time being :).

Tbh mate I really don`t know what I want to do pokerwise I`m happy to be winning at my current levels and withdrawing when I need to and still have funds play my usual games but I defo want move up and play bigger in future but a they are a few things I worry about.

1- My tilt I think need get that under control cause if tilt 5 bi`s at my current levels would only be a £100-250 but if do that at 100/200nl=£500/£1k loss it could be costly and don`t know if could handle that and play my a-game.

2-I really don`t think i`m good enough to move up for now so many leaks that need get sorted so think I will be looking into getting a coach in future to help me with that.

3- Finally as kind of said I`m quite comfortable at the moment and scared of change like most people but tbh I think I need to man up and take a shot (put money aside) and go for it.

• edited June 2014
    If you feel comfortably at your current levels then my advice would be to stick with that. No need to put additional pressure to yourself.

If you play poker for fun then you are doing very well mate and I am sure you enjoying it. If you play it in order to get a part time income 1.4k pre rakeback sounds a very nice income to me for approximately 4 hours a day.

Obviously there are going to be some rough times during each month but I think you have proved that you can get over them very quickly.

• edited June 2014
    Well I ain`t got going this month so far just been pretty lazy but tbh quite fancied taking it easy this week anyways so only played few mtt`s and not even played a single session of cash yet which is unlike me :).

College I finish next wednesday pretty much everything is up to date all units passed apart from work experience unit,just need finish my last few hours and then type on a little evaluation so that be done for monday.

Last few days

Date-1st
    Played- 17 allin sats and £12 roller sat(no luck)
    Profit/loss=-£63.00

Date-2nd
    Played-4 mtts(total outlay-£45.10),(made ft in the £750bty/£200turbo 4th in both)
    Profit/loss=+£70.85

Date-3rd
    Played-2 mtts(£6kturbo/Priority gadget freeroll)
    Profit/loss=-£11.00

The Turbo was out in 15 mins had big combo draw fired all way to river and then opponent donk shoved allin and then got trips over trips opponet had q2 in bb while the c/o had k2 on an 1062x2 brd then just 3barrelled bluff into and got snapped off by 2nd pair good game.

The prio Freeroll was rollercoaster started with 4k stack and I think about 10/73 runners started with 6k because they made their targets anyways ran pretty well making a few hands and got paid got up to 9k but then got kk aipf vs aa went back down to 4k,then grinded back up and got aipf with k10 vs a9 againist a shorter smaller stack and hit straight was a crazy aggro table so it went 3/4/5 bet but I got lucky and was up to around 18k. I then went down to 6k after losing with 99 on 976 q opponent shoved turn with j10 river was 8 then same opponent we got aipf my kk vs his jj and board came ja9 x x sigh.

After a few levels was running pretty well and they were a few bounties skymatt,skydave and skygary I busted sky matt so because knocked him out I get option of ipad air or ps4 not 100% sure though. I ended finished 17th overall I 3bet shoved c/o with less 20bbs with qj and bb had qq so good game and least I have won something from a freeroll :).

Will prob be back grinding cash at the weekend but keeps yous posted.

• edited June 2014
    No bad mate, break even and a gadget:)

Enjoy the break, and see you at the tables soon, so i can donate :P
  • edited June 2014
    cheers kev I will be back playing cash soon :).

well not much pokerwise I have played 18 mtts and 38 sats(35 I think allin sats without winning a seat) from the 1st-6th june. I had a few deep runs in some mtt`s but just got to that stage I coudn`t hold or win a flip at the crucial stages which left me crippled and could not get back into it, but heres my results this week.

Week`s Results

Played=56(inc sats)
    mtts=+£67.98
    sats=-£117.00
    overall=-£49.02
    Points total=311

Will be back grinding my usual cash games this weekend was good having a little break from cash but tbh I missed playing. Mtts can be good fun but they really stress me out don`t know if that`s the same for others but I guess we prefer and are better at different formats of the game.

Life away from poker not much tbf just been spending time with family and friends,the wane was no well for last couple of days so since the mrs been working this week to get weekend off me and liam been playin our computer games and watching load films and eating load of rubbish, hopefully he be better soon cause weather been lovely and want go to park touch up on his footy skills plus he`s driving me mental :).

I also finish up college next week suppose to be wednesday but I just need hand in some documents from my work experience and that should be me. I really did let poker get in the way this year from family,friends and college so that defo one the reasons I set targets at start this diary was to get right balance cause poker been good to me over the years but they are more important things in life that I will be putting 1st from now on.

sorry ranting on gl at tables folks playing this weekend :)
  • edited June 2014
    cheers kev I will be back playing cash soon :). well not much pokerwise I have played 18 mtts and 38 sats(35 I think allin sats without winning a seat) from the 1st-6th june. I had a few deep runs in some mtt`s but just got to that stage I coudn`t hold or win a flip at the crucial stages which left me crippled and could not get back into it, but heres my results this week. Week`s Results Played=56(inc sats) mtts=+£67.98 sats=- £117.00 overall=- £49.02 Points total=311 Will be back grinding my usual cash games this weekend was good having a little break from cash but tbh I missed playing. Mtts can be good fun but they really stress me out don`t know if that`s the same for others but I guess we prefer and are better at different formats of the game. Life away from poker not much tbf just been spending time with family and friends,the wane was no well for last couple of days so since the mrs been working this week to get weekend off me and liam been playin our computer games and watching load films and eating load of rubbish, hopefully he be better soon cause weather been lovely and want go to park touch up on his footy skills plus he`s driving me mental :). I also finish up college next week suppose to be wednesday but I just need hand in some documents from my work experience and that should be me. I really did let poker get in the way this year from family,friends and college so that defo one the reasons I set targets at start this diary was to get right balance cause poker been good to me over the years but they are more important things in life that I will be putting 1st from now on. sorry ranting on gl at tables folks playing this weekend :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    I am the exact opposite...........cash stresses me out and miss mtt's!!! Enjoying your diary though and you couldn't be more right, there is def more to life than poker
  • edited June 2014
    Loads on atm pal haven't got around to the sats yet.
    Might give it a go this weekend.

Only catching up on some of the diary.
    Calling time is a classic trying to explain to the other half why im laughing and telling bad beats at the same time.

Run good my friend

Pat
  • edited June 2014
    cheers kev I will be back playing cash soon :). well not much pokerwise I have played 18 mtts and 38 sats(35 I think allin sats without winning a seat) from the 1st-6th june. I had a few deep runs in some mtt`s but just got to that stage I coudn`t hold or win a flip at the crucial stages which left me crippled and could not get back into it, but heres my results this week. Week`s Results Played=56(inc sats) mtts=+£67.98 sats=- £117.00 overall=- £49.02 Points total=311 Will be back grinding my usual cash games this weekend was good having a little break from cash but tbh I missed playing. Mtts can be good fun but they really stress me out don`t know if that`s the same for others but I guess we prefer and are better at different formats of the game. Life away from poker not much tbf just been spending time with family and friends,the wane was no well for last couple of days so since the mrs been working this week to get weekend off me and liam been playin our computer games and watching load films and eating load of rubbish, hopefully he be better soon cause weather been lovely and want go to park touch up on his footy skills plus he`s driving me mental :). I also finish up college next week suppose to be wednesday but I just need hand in some documents from my work experience and that should be me. I really did let poker get in the way this year from family,friends and college so that defo one the reasons I set targets at start this diary was to get right balance cause poker been good to me over the years but they are more important things in life that I will be putting 1st from now on. sorry ranting on gl at tables folks playing this weekend :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    i have a simular level of stress myself with MTTs and think that what causes us cash players to get so stressed is we don't have the dominant deep stack we have in cash, so when all these short stacks are going all in the chips we loose in the cash games will be nothing more that a loosing hand whereas the loss of them chips in an MTT makes us get less  dominant.
  • edited June 2014
    Ranting is good! Gl for Juno...
  • edited June 2014
    thanks for nice comments guys :).

Craig- Nah it`s not just the deeper stack thing I do prefer deeper stacks but it`s the well imo the unavoidable 50/50,60/40s etc u gotta run well and play well to go deep/win mtt`s.

A lot of time recently If get to later stages I just don`t seem to be winning my fair share these spots but tbh I don`t play a great deal of mtt`s think played like 2.5k mtts since 2007 and I bet about 800 them are allin sats :) so think I need to increase my volume and then I may get my fair of winning a flip at crucial stage and get me in good shape for a big bink.
  • edited June 2014
    Just a wee update hows things are going I still ain`t played a great deal of cash so far think I`ve played like 5-6 hours and the rest month months played a total of 27 mtts which isn`t a lot either but i`m looking to up my volume this week :)

07-Jun 20-50nl 2hrs cash +£147.63
    08-Jun 20-50nl 1hr cash -£59.36
    09-Jun 20-50nl 1hr cash -£10.87
    10-Jun 20-50nl 1hr cash/7mtts  +£233.74
    Last night made a few deep runs in mtts(1st-£200turbo, 2nd-£200Gtd, 15th-£2kbounty) also got couple bounties in the £3k bounty which I got in from a £3 allin sat so made nice little profit there too. The month so far is going well even though not played a great deal still in profit and got an ipad air on the way from the prio gadget freeroll last week :).
  • edited June 2014
    Hey guys no posted in a wee while, just been enjoying the time off as I have finished college and be spending more of my time doing a mix of spending time with friends and family/watching world cup and grinding cash.

I will also be attempting try improve my fitness in the coming weeks I really have got lazy in the last 12-18 months and lead me to put on the beef which I ain`t happy about :). I used to play football 2-3 times a week and go to gym regularly but now I have lost my motivation but i`m determined to get back playing and be more fit overall.

Poker as been goin well so far in profit for the month for cash and slightly in profit with mtt`s but I have won 2 prizes from freerolls(ipad air+Table football) value them together are around £480 and I would strongly advise people play these world cup freerolls at 7pm every night they are very fast paced but a little bit of run good and u make the final table they are a lot of great prizes imo to be won.

Poker Results

Date=11/06
    Played=0.5hrs
    Limits=20-30nl
    Profit/Loss=£-40.36

Date=12/06
    Played=3.5hrs
    Limits=20-50nl
    Profit/Loss=£+166.37

Date=13/06
    Played=3.5hrs
    Limits=20-50nl(played £-22 worth mtts+sats no return)
    Profit/Loss=£-23.47

Date=14/06
    Played=4hrs
    Limits=20-50nl(played £-44 worth mtts+sats no return)
    Profit/Loss=£+149.11
    Points total=2091

GL at the tables

• edited June 2014
    wow hey guys no realised it was that long from my last post. I`m alos considering stopping the diary end of this month feel i`m not given it 100% but will wait and see what happens.

Right just start off i`m loving this time off college atm also with the world cup it`s been awesome. I have a few bets on for winner/top goalscorer and them both combined so looking promising atm will keeps yous posted :).

poker the last 9-10 days have been up and down tbh had my worst day of the month and also the best day in these days but i`ve posted results from my spreadsheet.(On the 21st june I came 2nd in the mini and 10th in main for a total of +£300 and rest was cash that day).

volume still hasn`t been great this month but this week i`m going into mega grind mode I currently have 5796pts

15-Jun20-50nl3.5+£33.61
    16-Jun20-50nl4-£290.95
    17-Jun20-50nl5+£29.28
    18-Jun20-50nl4.5-£133.93
    19-Jun20-50nl1.5-£111.04
    20-Jun20-50nl11.5+£287.19
    21-Jun20-50nl8.5+£417.71
    22-Jun20-50nl2.5-£53.00
    23-Jun20-50nl1+£10.70
  • edited July 2014
    hey guys sorry no posted in ages just been playing some pokerz spending time with family and also watching the world cup. All my bets for world cup failled no bothered was only a few quid and kinda glad the germans won it they were the best team by far imo.

The mrs and wane been driving me crazy lol but been good spending time with them and we been getting good weather so its a bonus I`ve kinda slacked poker wise this month just been playing the odd cash session and donking around in mtts but going to go hard at it in the next couple of weeks.

June overall months stats

Monthly Stats    
    Total Profit/Loss+£785.14   
    Total Hours117   
    Days Played29   
    Winning/Losing Days14W/15L   
    Rakeback/Promos10025£289.32 (ipad air+football table(£480)
    This month I`m around +£600ish but currently down on cash not a lot but as said earlier no put in a great deal of volume so confident turn that round.

The good news this month sky put up a few great promos for priority this month and one was a world cup freeroll with £2k prizepool and 1st place gets a place on team sky poker +£1k ukpc seat and £740. There was only 59 runners in total and we played down to final 4 players then the final 4 had to play a semi final hu match and then hu final I ran really well in the whole mtt and hu matches so was lucky enough to win overall so I will be in nottingham next month :).

Will keep yous up to date how next month goes wish me luck.
  • edited July 2014
    Nice going mate,
    run good,
    dev
  • edited July 2014
    Well done was a fantastic result coming from one of the shortstacks with 4 left.

Good luck mate!
  • edited July 2014
    cheers kev and dev :)
  • edited July 2014
    Super stuff pal best of luck in Notts.
  • edited July 2014
    Super stuff pal best of luck in Notts.
    Posted by day4eire76
    cheers pat you going ? need to get a pint or 10 if you are :)
  • edited July 2014
    hey guys sorry no posted in ages just been playing some pokerz spending time with family and also watching the world cup. All my bets for world cup failled no bothered was only a few quid and kinda glad the germans won it they were the best team by far imo. The mrs and wane been driving me crazy lol but been good spending time with them and we been getting good weather so its a bonus I`ve kinda slacked poker wise this month just been playing the odd cash session and donking around in mtts but going to go hard at it in the next couple of weeks. June overall months stats Monthly Stats         Total Profit/Loss +£785.14       Total Hours 117       Days Played 29       Winning/Losing Days 14W/15L       Rakeback/Promos 10025 £289.32 (ipad air+football table(£480) This month I`m around +£600ish but currently down on cash not a lot but as said earlier no put in a great deal of volume so confident turn that round. The good news this month sky put up a few great promos for priority this month and one was a world cup freeroll with £2k prizepool and 1st place gets a place on team sky poker +£1k ukpc seat and £740. There was only 59 runners in total and we played down to final 4 players then the final 4 had to play a semi final hu match and then hu final I ran really well in the whole mtt and hu matches so was lucky enough to win overall so I will be in nottingham next month :). Will keep yous up to date how next month goes wish me luck.
    Posted by liamboi11
    You mind expanding on this a little bit? As you know i'm fairly new to the game and poker world :-)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary : You mind expanding on this a little bit? As you know i'm fairly new to the game and poker world :-)
    Posted by Matt237
    Hey mate what happens is sky buy me in direct to the ukpc main event in august and I represent sky in a way I will prob be wearing sky merchandise like a polo/hoodie with a sky poker logo promoting/advertisng for the site. I must agree to wear the sky merchandise and sign an agreement to claim my seat that`s all I really knmow will find out more in the next couple of weeks.

they have done this kind of promo in the past so someone that has been on TSP before could expand a bit more it would be appreciated. thanks.
  • edited July 2014

Everything is up in the air atm with work and general life stuff.
    Haven't even tried a sat yet.

The pints might just sway my mind though : )

In Response to Re: Liamboi''Luckbox''11 Diary : cheers pat you going ? need to get a pint or 10 if you are :)
    Posted by liamboi11
  • edited July 2014
    hope you can make it mate if its just for the drink poker is over-rated anywayz :)
  • edited September 2014
    This thread is probably due  an update ;) 

Congrats sir!! 
  • edited September 2014
    Well done 'Wullie'