You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread..............EDIT: I WON'T

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread:
    Cheers harry and craig....both make good points. I do need to widen my 3bet range I think and it is something I will try to adopt in future sessions. Another session down, another losing one. Nothing major but would be nice to string a coupe of winning ones together........but I'm still learning, the game is a lot different to mtt's and I'm still trying to adapt!! 2 key hands again, won't post but will give the scenarios and see what I should have done: 1. I'm facing a 50bb 4 bet shove and I'm holding JJ. No reads/notes on oppo. Call or fold? I have seen players make similar moves with small pps, raggy suited aces, absolute junk and hands that have me crushed. 2. Again I'm facing a 4bet shove but this time for my full stack. I have AKs and no notes/reads on oppo. Call or fold? No more cash tonight as I'm gonna play a couple of mtt's. Session Profit/loss: -£14.51 Total Profit/loss: -£18.81 Must improve......
    Posted by waller02
    Really hard to answer as a lot does depend (as usual!) on opponent. AND how much you have invested in the pot. Overshoves are easier to get away from but if you figure your getting the right price or not then that dictates if you call/fold. Generally I will give readless opponents the benefit and if I had invested say £1.20 and get shoved on for £10 into a sub £2 pot then, yes, I prob fold JJ. Just make a note that they will 4 bet shove so you know for future and then if you see any hands you can add these to the notes. 

AKs more inclined to call but not by much in same scenario. Your generally never far behind and can be way ahead as well, and you get some information on his shoving hands. Just dont base your decision purely on you want to see what he has! :) Remember, playing cash, if you dont like the situation you can fold and move on.

What I would say though is watch EVERY table your not in a hand with and try to get notes for free, thats often saved/made me a few quid.
  • edited May 2014
    So I had a quick hour on a mastercash table and man I regret it. I'm playing bad but I'm not running great either and the combination of the 2 led to a dreadful hour!!!

Here are 4 hands......mixture of run bad and bad play.......advice on them all pleeeeease lol

Hand 1
    Still not sure if this was ul or just bad play. By the turn I thought he wasn't too strong and could push him off on the river......ofc he hit his dream card. Thoughts?
    stewie7 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.53
    CraigSG1 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £19.90
    POKEY2011 Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A

waller02 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £19.70
    craigcu12 Fold     
    PFIXTER Call  £0.30 £0.75 £9.48
    stewie7 Call  £0.25 £1.00 £9.28
    CraigSG1 Fold     
    Flop

• J

stewie7 Bet  £0.50 £1.50 £8.78
    waller02 Call  £0.50 £2.00 £19.20
    PFIXTER Fold     
    Turn

stewie7 Bet  £0.40 £2.40 £8.38
    waller02 Raise  £2.10 £4.50 £17.10
    stewie7 Call  £1.70 £6.20 £6.68
    River

stewie7 Check     
    waller02 Bet  £3.30 £9.50 £13.80
    stewie7 Call  £3.30 £12.80 £3.38
    waller02 Show
    • A

stewie7 Show

stewie7 Win Straight to the 9 £11.84  £15.22
    Hand 2
    God knows where I was here, craig informed me he had a set.
    stewie7 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £16.86
    CraigSG1 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £24.98
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

waller02 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £19.70
    craigcu12 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £26.12
    POKEY2011 Call  £0.30 £1.05 £24.28
    68Trebor Call  £0.30 £1.35 £19.70
    stewie7 Fold     
    CraigSG1 Fold     
    Flop

waller02 Bet  £0.70 £2.05 £19.00
    craigcu12 Raise  £2.10 £4.15 £24.02
    POKEY2011 Fold     
    68Trebor Fold     
    waller02 Call  £1.40 £5.55 £17.60
    Turn

waller02 Check     
    craigcu12 Check     
    River

• A

waller02 Check     
    craigcu12 Bet  £8.00 £13.55 £16.02
    waller02 Fold     
    craigcu12 Muck     
    craigcu12 Win  £5.13  £21.15
    craigcu12 Return  £8.00 £0.42 £29.15
    Hand 3
    Discussed this hand with Craigcu and he explained why I should prob be folding on the turn. I just thought I was getting a decent price. Hard to put oppo on a 9.....with the flush draw on board which could reduce my number of outs I can see where Craig was coming from
    CraigSG1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £24.78
    waller02 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £19.90
      Your hole cards

craigcu12 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £28.85
    POKEY2011 Fold     
    68Trebor Fold     
    stewie7 Raise  £0.50 £0.95 £16.51
    CraigSG1 Fold     
    waller02 Call  £0.40 £1.35 £19.50
    craigcu12 Call  £0.20 £1.55 £28.65
    Flop

waller02 Check     
    craigcu12 Check     
    stewie7 Bet  £1.16 £2.71 £15.35
    waller02 Call  £1.16 £3.87 £18.34
    craigcu12 Call  £1.16 £5.03 £27.49
    Turn

• Q

waller02 Check     
    craigcu12 Check     
    stewie7 Bet  £1.36 £6.39 £13.99
    waller02 Call  £1.36 £7.75 £16.98
    craigcu12 Fold     
    River

waller02 Check     
    stewie7 Bet  £6.35 £14.10 £7.64
    waller02 Call  £6.35 £20.45 £10.63
    stewie7 Show

waller02 Show

stewie7 Win Straight to the 9 £19.05  £26.69
    Hand 4
    Sums things up. Decent pair, awful flop!
    POKEY2011 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £23.84
    68Trebor Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £19.90
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

stewie7 Raise  £0.35 £0.50 £15.77
    CraigSG1 Fold     
    waller02 Raise  £1.10 £1.60 £21.17
    craigcu12 Call  £1.10 £2.70 £26.18
    POKEY2011 Fold     
    68Trebor Fold     
    stewie7 Call  £0.75 £3.45 £15.02
    Flop

• A

stewie7 Bet  £0.30 £3.75 £14.72
    waller02 Fold     
    craigcu12 Fold     
    stewie7 Show
    • K
    • A

stewie7 Win  £3.19  £17.91
    stewie7 Return  £0.30 £0.26 £18.21
    In summary.......not playing well, cash is hard!

A -£23.90 hour.........total loss = -£42.71

Thoughts on the hands please........is it as bad as it looks??
  • edited May 2014
    I will say this, I fold like a pro!! Awesome arnt I? 

Hand 1:  raise flop. Chq raising turn doesn't rep much and never making him fold any value hands. Give up on river for same reason. 

Hand 2: bet bigger flop, make it harder for anyone to bluff so any other agg action or call narrows down your opponents range. After that fine. Can't beat much, especially with a chunky river bet. 

Hand 3: fold flop. We were looking for a set and missed and a lot of our percieved outs are dirty and rare to win a big pot if you are ahead when you hit with a four straight on board. 

Hand 4: pre fine. Flop we have to call one street with absurd price and see what happens. 
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers for the advice Craig, appreciate you taking the time to look through the hands and pointing out the mistakes, especially as if I do improve it could be your money I'm taking. Don't worry not much chance of that though, still got a long way to go!!!!!!

Thank the lord for mtt's, I have just won the 7.15 deepy to recoup the losses on the cash tables!
    waller025200001£58.14
    I don't understand how I can do ok in the smaller stakes mtt's but be so poor at cash. Just goes to show how different the 2 formats are I guess. I'll get there one day though hopefully. As long as I'm still rolled for it I will keep trying because I do enjoy the challenge!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread:
    Cheers for the advice Craig, appreciate you taking the time to look through the hands and pointing out the mistakes, especially as if I do improve it could be your money I'm taking. Don't worry not much chance of that though, still got a long way to go!!!!!! Thank the lord for mtt's, I have just won the 7.15 deepy to recoup the losses on the cash tables! waller02 520000 1 £58.14 I don't understand how I can do ok in the smaller stakes mtt's but be so poor at cash. Just goes to show how different the 2 formats are I guess. I'll get there one day though hopefully. As long as I'm still rolled for it I will keep trying because I do enjoy the challenge!
    Posted by waller02
    the major difference i see between cash and tournaments is how loose people are postflop, it's one of the reasons i struggle so badly in MTT yet do so well in cash.

for instance hand 2 you held QQ and i held 44 in a MTT i can see lots make reraise with that QQ on the flop because whilst it might be beating sets and two pair what it's not beating is flush draws and straight draws, with cash games you probably just make the call knowing that the blinds never change and as you can restock it would be easier to keep losses at a low.

that is why i manage to do so well in cash but awful in MTT.
    in cash i take advantage of all the nitty players and steal pots with just a simple cbet or bet a hand in position

here are a few examples
    g Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £20.00
    clipper444 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £4.03
    ronnieg197 Sit out        
      Your hole cards

lecksville Fold        
    g Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £29.56
    craigcu12 Call   £0.60 £1.50 £19.10
      Raise   £2.50 £4.00 £17.50
    clipper444 Fold        
    g Call   £2.00 £6.00 £27.56
    craigcu12 Call   £2.00 £8.00 £17.10
    Flop

Check        
    g
    Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   £3.00 £11.00 £14.10
      Fold        
    g
    Fold        
    craigcu12 Muck        
    craigcu12 Win   £7.60   £21.70
    craigcu12 Return   £3.00 £0.40 £24.70
    when he raised that hand preflop the last thing he should be doing is Ch/F this flop but when he does, it allows me to steal more pots.
    dontazeme Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.90
    obclead Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £56.54
      Your hole cards

craigcu12 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £18.41
    nalotofdet Call   £0.60 £1.50 £26.79
      Call   £0.60 £2.10 £56.37
    Ghost7 Fold        
    dontazeme Fold        
    obclead Fold        
    Flop

• A

craigcu12 Bet   £0.80 £2.90 £17.61
    nalotofdet Call   £0.80 £3.70 £25.99
      Call   £0.80 £4.50 £55.57
    Turn

craigcu12 Bet   £2.20 £6.70 £15.41
    nalotofdet Fold        
      Call   £2.20 £8.90 £53.37
    River

craigcu12 Bet   £7.00 £15.90 £8.41
      Fold        
    craigcu12 Muck        
    craigcu12 Win   £8.45   £16.86
    craigcu12 Return   £7.00 £0.45 £23.86
    because this player just called the flop and turn with his AJ i was able to make him fold it on the river as what he thought i had was a set, again if this were an MTT i would be sure to see the AJ call as those are times you get much looser callers post flop.

that is why i struggle so much in them myself. when your like me the last thing you want playing are calling stations post flop and that is the type of player you see in MTT. my type is them who are rocks and fit fold because they get scared so easy.
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers for the advice Craig, appreciate you taking the time to look through the hands and pointing out the mistakes, especially as if I do improve it could be your money I'm taking. Don't worry not much chance of that though, still got a long way to go!!!!!! Thank the lord for mtt's, I have just won the 7.15 deepy to recoup the losses on the cash tables! waller02 520000 1 £58.14 I don't understand how I can do ok in the smaller stakes mtt's but be so poor at cash. Just goes to show how different the 2 formats are I guess. I'll get there one day though hopefully. As long as I'm still rolled for it I will keep trying because I do enjoy the challenge!
    Posted by waller02

Your welcome. I'm no expert but I am a consistent winner at this level so hope I can be of some help. I don't mind if you do start beating me up at the tables as that forces me to improve. Some people say you need to table select and if your goal is 100% to make money then fine but I never table select. IMO I want to improve so playing with the better players and players you struggle against can only help to improve your own game. Yes I want to make £ but I also want to improve and move up. 

When I first moved to 10nl last year I didn't enjoy it, probably finished a little down and moved back to purely MTT's. This year when I moved back with more focus on improving I have done really, really well. I can easily move up stakes but I want to increase my BR and continue to improve my hand reading and bet patterns and player watching before I do. 

Like I said. Patience! Best I can say is to keep things as simple as possible for yourself and concentrate on basics first, no multi street bluffing and mind games etc. a lot of players are not thinking like that so don't get bogged down. Build a foundation and then add things from there. Worked for me. 

• edited May 2014
    Cheers craig(s). I'm def gonna keep plugging away as I really do want to improve at cash. I have also had a pm about watching some other winning players sessions to try and learn from that too so def taking that offer up.

Also are there any good, free cash poker training videos kicking about on you tube etc. I have googled it but there were quite a few and wasn't sure which ones were worth watching.
  • edited May 2014
    here is a one that i use alot
    it does include the usage of HUDs in the videos and some of them are 10 seaters but in will help you with some of the basics and their are lots of articals to read in the strategy tab as well so you could try this if you want as it's free.

http://www.thepokerbank.com/videos/

one piece of advice i will give you myself is don't have tournament and cash both running together because what could happen is you will start playing your cash tables like you play MTTs and also make more mistakes in MTTs as you will be under more pressure from playing cash.

i have made this mistake a lot myself.
  • edited May 2014
    here is a one that i use alot it does include the usage of HUDs in the videos and some of them are 10 seaters but in will help you with some of the basics and their are lots of articals to read in the strategy tab as well so you could try this if you want as it's free. http://www.thepokerbank.com/videos/ one piece of advice i will give you myself is don't have tournament and cash both running together because what could happen is you will start playing your cash tables like you play MTTs and also make more mistakes in MTTs as you will be under more pressure from playing cash. i have made this mistake a lot myself.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Will check some of those out when I have the time. Thanks mate
  • edited May 2014
    Have had an AWFUL day at work today, the worst in my 3 yrs doing my current job. I work in Primary Substations (33kV - 11kV) repairing and maintaining all apparatus within the compounds.

Today we were maintaining the Transformer Tap Changer (which alters the output voltage to deal with the differences in the load during peak or off peak periods). The tap changer is filled with insulating oil which acts as a coolant and insulator (approx. 800 litres in this particular model)......anyway to cut a long story short, we were refilling the tap changer with new oil at the end of the maintenance, but due to a blockage in the breather there was build up of pressure. This pressure is forced out of the explosion vent (a weak spot on the transformer which is there to prevent major damage), I just happened to be standing underneath the vent as hundreds of litres of insulating oil was forced out of it.

I write this after having had a 30min shower, washing my hair with washing up liquid, shampoo, conditioner and scrubbing a layer of skin away.......only to still smell of oil. So, I jumped in the bath and repeated the process.........still smell of oil. My work clothes had to be thrown in the skip. This stuff is gonna be coming out of my pores for days!!!

It made my workmates' day but has certainly ruined mine, although I will have no choice but to see the funny side of it when I return to work tomorrow!!

Settled down to play a couple of hours session......couldn't log onto the laptop. I'm now logged on and about to play. Surely now I deserve a winning session, but they say bad luck comes in 3's so not going into this expecting much!!

Gl at the tables all
  • edited May 2014
    I don't believe your lies.

:)
  • edited May 2014
    I don't believe your lies. :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Perhaps I will have a winning session tonight and harry being a troll is my 3rd piece of bad luck today............:)

EDIT: nah pretty sure I will have a losing session too
  • edited May 2014
    I had a winning session, I repeat a winning session!

I'm under no illusions though, still so so many leaks. I have been playing for nearly 3 hours on 3 tables and only made just under 2BI so the win rate is far from impressive. I'm still learning though and at this stage I would honestly settle for a +£1 night.

I started badly, for instance in one hand I called off a £4 river bet with 3rd pair. That's pretty bad! But I'm getting more and more notes on players and am learning who is solid, who likes to make moves and who (and there are a couple) is just plain crazy!

I enjoyed though and just got to see if I can start putting a few winning sessions together. I will be watching 2 winning cash regs play via screen share in the near future as well as watching some videos via the link that craig sent me (thanks again for that).

Not a great deal else to be said. Going to bed happier than i was 3 hours ago and should be able to laugh off todays disaster at work in the morning!

Session Profit: +£16.07
    Total Profit: -£26.64

I still smell of oil.....
  • edited May 2014
    nice one, sounds like you've got some things too look fwd too,

played 20nl tonight which I only have one BI for, but enjoy mastercash nights,

played for 45 mins and took £4 profit so im happy with that also.
  • edited May 2014
    nice one, sounds like you've got some things too look fwd too, played 20nl tonight which I only have one BI for, but enjoy mastercash nights, played for 45 mins and took £4 profit so im happy with that also.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Playing on the edge! I like it! I take it that you can easily redeposit if you had lost it then? Yeah I also enjoy playing mastercash, better being deeper stacked just hurts more if you stack off!!
  • edited May 2014

I can but haven't for a while but only deposit small amounts at a time when I have too, miby something coming up though which will allow me too play a bit bigger soon, mainly some bigger MTT's not cash, not yet anyway.

• edited May 2014
    I can but haven't for a while but only deposit small amounts at a time when I have too, miby something coming up though which will allow me too play a bit bigger soon, mainly some bigger MTT's not cash, not yet anyway.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Yeah? Pay rise? Staking? Bank robbery?
  • edited May 2014
    erm... no, not quite lol
  • edited May 2014
    erm... no, not quite lol
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Ah well I'm sure you will be posting about it in your diary in the future.

All the best Chris gl on the tables
  • edited May 2014
     I saw that Waller02 on the cash tables,---- slippery customer!
  • edited May 2014
     I saw that Waller02 on the cash tables,---- slippery customer!
    Posted by oynutter
    Haha that's one way you could describe it I suppose!
  • edited May 2014
    Back to normal tonight.........only played for 2 hours and lost 3BI. Played a couple of hands quite badly I think but ran sooo bad too!!!

Hands below..

1. Run bad
    sparky2629 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £5.87
    Shentoku Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £21.30
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

andybeth Fold     
    Frogmella Fold     
    VINEY73 Fold     
    waller02 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £10.98
    sparky2629 All-in  £5.87 £6.32 £0.00
    Shentoku Fold     
    waller02 Call  £5.62 £11.94 £5.36
    sparky2629 Show
    • A
    • K

waller02 Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• A

sparky2629 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s £11.04  £11.04
    2. Run bad
    mousieboy1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £15.85
    andybeth Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £14.21
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Frogmella Fold     
    VINEY73 Raise  £0.40 £0.55 £9.90
    waller02 Raise  £1.20 £1.75 £11.67
    mousieboy1 Fold     
    andybeth Fold     
    VINEY73 Call  £0.80 £2.55 £9.10
    Flop

• J

VINEY73 Check     
    waller02 Bet  £1.50 £4.05 £10.17
    VINEY73 Raise  £3.40 £7.45 £5.70
    waller02 Raise  £6.58 £14.03 £3.59
    VINEY73 All-in  £5.70 £19.73 £0.00
    waller02 Call  £1.02 £20.75 £2.57
    VINEY73 Show
    • K
    • K

waller02 Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

• K

VINEY73 Win Three Kings £19.35  £19.35
    3. Thoughts on this hand. Not sure if I played it well and got ul, played it too aggro and lost more than I should. Or if it was just plain baaaad
    Shentoku Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.00
    andybeth Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £11.60
      Your hole cards

Frogmella Raise  £0.20 £0.35 £7.80
    VINEY73 Fold     
    waller02 Call  £0.20 £0.55 £9.86
    mousieboy1 Fold     
    Shentoku Fold     
    andybeth Call  £0.10 £0.65 £11.50
    Flop

• A

andybeth Check     
    Frogmella Bet  £0.49 £1.14 £7.31
    waller02 Raise  £1.88 £3.02 £7.98
    andybeth Fold     
    Frogmella Call  £1.39 £4.41 £5.92
    Turn

Frogmella Bet  £2.21 £6.62 £3.71
    waller02 All-in  £7.98 £14.60 £0.00
    Frogmella All-in  £3.71 £18.31 £0.00
    waller02 Unmatched bet  £2.06 £16.25 £2.06
    Frogmella Show
    • K

waller02 Show

River

Frogmella Win Straight to the 9 £15.03  £15.03
    4. Thoughts? Thought I was to strong to fold pre, button raise so oppo could easily be 3betting with a lot worse than what he turned up with. The check did me, still not sure about this hand
    Shentoku Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.00
    andybeth Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £11.06
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

Frogmella Fold     
    VINEY73 Fold     
    waller02 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £11.71
    Shentoku Fold     
    andybeth Raise  £1.00 £1.45 £10.06
    waller02 Call  £0.80 £2.25 £10.91
    Flop

• J

andybeth Check     
    waller02 Check     
    Turn

andybeth Bet  £1.20 £3.45 £8.86
    waller02 Call  £1.20 £4.65 £9.71
    River

andybeth Bet  £2.50 £7.15 £6.36
    waller02 Call  £2.50 £9.65 £7.21
    andybeth Show
    • A
    • A

waller02 Show
    • A
    • J

andybeth Win Two Pairs, Aces and 7s £8.92  £15.28
    5. Oppo here will and does bluff more than most that I come across. Even so the pot bet does look strong and I guess I'm only beating a bluff??
    andybeth Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.15
    Frogmella Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £15.92
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

VINEY73 Fold     
    waller02 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.93
    habbin Fold     
    Shentoku Fold     
    andybeth Fold     
    Frogmella Call  £0.20 £0.65 £15.72
    Flop

• K

Frogmella Check     
    waller02 Bet  £0.40 £1.05 £9.53
    Frogmella Call  £0.40 £1.45 £15.32
    Turn

• J

Frogmella Check     
    waller02 Bet  £0.90 £2.35 £8.63
    Frogmella Call  £0.90 £3.25 £14.42
    River

Frogmella Bet  £3.25 £6.50 £11.17
    waller02 Call  £3.25 £9.75 £5.38
    Frogmella Show
    • K

waller02 Show
    • A
    • A

Frogmella Win Two Pairs, Kings and 5s £9.01  £20.18
    6. Oppo here is one of the better players. Possible flush, possible KJ/KQ kinda hand?? Am I ahead enough of the time here to make this call?
    andybeth Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £11.11
    Frogmella Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £20.80
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

VINEY73 Fold     
    waller02 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.70
    habbin Call  £0.30 £0.75 £11.02
    Shentoku Call  £0.30 £1.05 £10.06
    andybeth Fold     
    Frogmella Call  £0.20 £1.25 £20.60
    Flop

• K

Frogmella Check     
    waller02 Bet  £0.70 £1.95 £9.00
    habbin Raise  £2.00 £3.95 £9.02
    Shentoku Fold     
    Frogmella Fold     
    waller02 Call  £1.30 £5.25 £7.70
    Turn

waller02 Check     
    habbin Check     
    River

waller02 Check     
    habbin Bet  £2.63 £7.88 £6.39
    waller02 Call  £2.63 £10.51 £5.07
    habbin Show

waller02 Muck
    • K
    • A

habbin Win Two Pairs, 8s and 6s £9.72  £16.11
    These were the main killer hands. Lot of hands where the cbets aren't getting through and I give up, the rare time I do 3 barrel I get called down by 3rd pair etc. Also, think I may be cbetting too often.

Cash game is a mess. Are these hands awful or am I being hard on myself and have just been on the wrong side of variance tonight?? Be brutally honest! haha

Session Profit: -£32,37
    Total Profit: -£59.01

On the plus side, I no longer smell of oil!!

I think I am going to give myself 10BIs before I stop and a reassess if it is worth me carrying on. So 4BI to go, I hope it doesn't get to that stage but it is looking likely!
  • edited May 2014
    some harsh rivers mate, the first couple, why not come down 1 level, and give yourself a few more BI's

hope your luck changes, don't think theres too much wrong but im not too hot on analysing.

good luck, hope things turn around.
  • edited May 2014
    some harsh rivers mate, the first couple, why not come down 1 level, and give yourself a few more BI's hope your luck changes, don't think theres too much wrong but im not too hot on analysing. good luck, hope things turn around.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I can handle the losses br wise, it's confidence I'm struggling with. I'm not gonna drop down I'm just gonna knock it on the head for a bit IF I lose 10BI.......it hasn't happened yet anyway! Still hope!

Wd on your £300 BH cash mate, and gl with the move.
  • edited May 2014
    Honestly, don't think you did much wrong. Only hand to have a grumble was 5. You've identified a calling station and loose player so just bet bigger. Pot bet, especially turn. Not results orientated just charge them as you know they are calling so wide. 

I've gone through some bad variance today and Monday, some pretty sick calling and run outs. A few worse than these. It sucks but as long as you making right decisions it will eventually come good. 
  • edited May 2014
    You run so bad!!!!!
    Those hands are horrible :(
    Hope it picks up...good luck! :)
  • edited May 2014
    Ty both. I think there might be a couple where maybe I COULD have folded but good to see it appears I wasn't playing as bad as I thought I was at the time.

Will not be playing cash tonight as Friday night is the night where I unwind, have a few ales and play a few mtt's. Friday is my favourite night on Sky, love the Orfordable a great forum game always played in good spirits as well as the megastack which is always fun.

Found a great thread by Splashies in The Football Corner. It's a great quiz that leaves you kicking yourself at the end!!! I recommend any football fans (particularly England fans) go check it out and try to be the first to beat the 200 mark. On that note, it got me thinking about who would be my starting 11 for the first game of the World Cup. I went for the following:

Formation 4-3-3

Hart

Johnson          Jagielka              Cahill            Baines

Wilshere                Gerrard             Lallana

Sterling                 Rooney              Sturridge                                                        

That's my choice anyway. The back 4 pick themselves but I would say there are 3 spots which could be debated on, along with the best formation to go for. Thoughts?

Gl at the tables all
  • edited May 2014

My team would be as follows.

Hart

Johnson          Jagielka         Cahill          Baines

Milner                        Gerrard                Lallana

Sterling                Rooney

Sturridge
  • edited May 2014
     My team would be as follows.                                             Hart           Johnson          Jagielka         Cahill          Baines           Milner                        Gerrard                Lallana                          Sterling                Rooney                                       Sturridge
    Posted by 68Trebor
    I don't think Milner has played enough football this season to warrant a place in the starting line up, I don't rate him tbh. I have looked at my team and there isn't a great deal of width. Prob change mine to a diamond formation with gerrard sitting in front of back 4 and sturridge as the front man. Wing backs bombing on when they can!

Roy has got his work cut out anyway. Not expecting much this yr!
  • edited May 2014

Put Milner in as his workrate will make up for Johnson's lack of defending and will act as cover for when Johnson bombs forward. Plus think Milner has had a good second half to the season.
     Think Sturridge needs to be up front and not get stuck out on wing, and knowing Rooney he will keep dropping deep looking for the ball anyway so may as well put him in that position to start with.