You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread..............EDIT: I WON'T

124»

Comments

• edited May 2014
    well done mate a few nice results lateley keep it up
  • edited May 2014
    Nice result mate. That should help the leaderboard too. Gl
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread:
    Played 90 mins of cash just not on 3 tables. Got off to a good start but ended up -£2.42 for the session. I'll take that though because I did stack off getting it in pre AK and running into KK........still not sure if its good to be getting 100bb in pre with AK in the long run???? Anyone??
    Posted by waller02
    Hi Waller - I think this is where the notes come in handy so that you have an idea of how light they'll get it in pre. There are lots that I'm yet to see have anything other than KK/AA at the NL8/NL10 level, where AK would be a sigh fold if I 3b and face a 4b.

Against unknowns I'll normally err on the side of caution and credit them with KK/AA unless it's a weird play (ie 3b shove my open).

I get the impression that at higher levels it's more of a no-brainer against most oppo, but player ranges are a lot different at that level.

Good luck with the cash, although a little unsure why you want to take time away from tournament play which you are obviously talented at and playing profitably!!
  • edited May 2014
    Ty for the kind words all.

Here is the leaderboard. 4 days to go........do I play more and risk a drop in ROI or do stick and wait. I think I am going to stick where I am and if it gets beat then so be it! I'm sure there are a few people who haven't entered the code yet too!

1LARSON7817.81£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package2CHRISDBOY500.44£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package3HURST05479.99£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package4CANARY215458.68£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package5WALLER02435.39£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package6IH8PALACE383.64£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package7TTAYSEER377.55£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package8HORNET80370.92£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package9CPFC_2010363.29£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package10JS1199340.80£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package11CHICKNMELT323.87
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread:
    Ty for the kind words all. Here is the leaderboard. 4 days to go........do I play more and risk a drop in ROI or do stick and wait. I think I am going to stick where I am and if it gets beat then so be it! I'm sure there are a few people who haven't entered the code yet too! 1 LARSON7 817.81 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 2 CHRISDBOY 500.44 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 3 HURST05 479.99 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 4 CANARY215 458.68 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 5 WALLER02 435.39 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 6 IH8PALACE 383.64 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 7 TTAYSEER 377.55 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 8 HORNET80 370.92 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 9 CPFC_2010 363.29 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 10 JS1199 340.80 £500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package 11 CHICKNMELT 323.87
    Posted by waller02

looks a good score TBH mate. If it was me I would stick and hope it holds......but like my poker, it will prob be beat by the river and I would end up bubbling!

If you want to carry on playing for the rest of the month....try some sats into the main/bigger games (not too many all in sats though, lol!) as they dont count to your ave ROI if you get in via the sat route.

I do hope you get a seat.....you must owe me a pint or three :)
  • edited May 2014
    Yea, I would wait as well. Good luck!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : looks a good score TBH mate. If it was me I would stick and hope it holds......but like my poker, it will prob be beat by the river and I would end up bubbling! If you want to carry on playing for the rest of the month....try some sats into the main/bigger games (not too many all in sats though, lol!) as they dont count to your ave ROI if you get in via the sat route. I do hope you get a seat.....you must owe me a pint or three :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hold that thought......I'm in a bit of a pickle!!! Check out my Best of the best promo FAO Sky thread, do you or any others have any advice????
  • edited June 2014
    So, I haven't posted on here for a while. That's because I haven't played any cash and haven't really played much at all.

What I have been doing is nervously checking the Best of the Best leaderboard everyday to see if I could hold on to that top 10 spot.........and I did! Absolutely thrilled!!! I had my luckiest month mtt wise for months and it could not have come at a better time. A £1k seat plus £500........for free!!!!

This will also be my first ever live tournament so I am going to have to try a play a small stakes live mtt beforehand so I'm not totally clueless. Just got to bring the date of my holiday forward too, which shouldn't be a problem.

Seriously cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not playing on here for the next couple of nights as I am busy, but I will be back on the cash tables soon so will have an update then.

Gl at the tables all
  • edited June 2014
    Just played my first cash session for over a week. It will also be my last. Lost 2BI........just can't get to grips with it so I'm gonna stick to mtts.

It would take some serious work for me to improve and I just don't have the time right now, or the the patience. Thanks to everyone who gave advice on hands etc...

END OF THREAD!
  • edited June 2014
    sad too hear this, ive just bigged u up on my diary saying you played well.. I  thought on the tables I was on with you anyway.

you have too do what your comfortable with though and enjoy it, if your not enjoying it there's no point,

gl
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread..............EDIT: I WON'T:
    sad too hear this, ive just bigged u up on my diary saying you played well.. I  thought on the tables I was on with you anyway. you have too do what your comfortable with though and enjoy it, if your not enjoying it there's no point, gl
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I didn't run great tbh. I did make one bad call but pretty sure most of my other losses were unavoidable and I lost the minimum each time.

Was surprised to only be 2BI down. But yeah you're right, I don't feel comfortable and expect to lose so don't see the point in carrying on. May play the odd mastercash session but it will be 95% mtts from now on
  • edited June 2014
    Good decision but keep the thread maaan. Atleast until the UKPC finishes
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread..............EDIT: I WON'T:
    Good decision but keep the thread maaan. Atleast until the UKPC finishes
    Posted by Matt237
    The UKPC is another no go. It was going to cost me a lot more to change the date of my holiday than originally planned. I spoke to sky and asked them if they could reward me with a mini seat instead.......they said no! So I basically lose the seat!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread..............EDIT: I WON'T : The UKPC is another no go. It was going to cost me a lot more to change the date of my holiday than originally planned. I spoke to sky and asked them if they could reward me with a mini seat instead.......they said no! So I basically lose the seat!
    Posted by waller02
    That's really sad :(
  • edited June 2014
    We were all gutted to hear you have to miss the 6 max. You do pretty good with MTTs and I think you've made the right decision there.
  • edited June 2014
    Gutted for you m8 on both counts! Like you, I also have "dabbled" with cash but TBH honest find MTTs MUCH more enjoyable.  I know everyone says that cash is the "purest" form of the game but for me it's also the most expensive!!  Put both experiences behind you and have a good holiday.  
    GL