You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread..............EDIT: I WON'T

Comments

• edited May 2014
    hand 5- fold the river donking a river which came 5d has no chance of a bluff, he has either been trapping you with sets and two pair, hit a gut shot on turn or hit two pair on river.

hand 6-one of them tricky ones, then again what you might want to think about is what hand on the flop does he see calling his raise that he beats with his KQ or KJ that isn't going ahead on the turn and will call the river. the hand you should really be thinking he has got that is not ahead of you on the river is the missed straights.

the thing paul (lambert180) always says to me is when a bet is made your either doing it to make better hands fold or get worst hands to call and if you saying player of hand 6 is one of them better players he too will probably be thinking like that when he does the bets.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread:
    hand 5- fold the river donking a river which came 5d has no chance of a bluff, he has either been trapping you with sets and two pair, hit a gut shot on turn or hit two pair on river. hand 6-one of them tricky ones, then again what you might want to think about is what hand on the flop does he see calling his raise that he beats with his KQ or KJ that isn't going ahead on the turn and will call the river. the hand you should really be thinking he has got that is not ahead of you on the river is the missed straights. the thing paul (lambert180) always says to me is when a bet is made your either doing it to make better hands fold or get worst hands to call and if you saying player of hand 6 is one of them better players he too will probably be thinking like that when he does the bets.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Yeah hand 5 is the one where I think I should prob have folded. I still think hand 6 could be a call
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread:
     Put Milner in as his workrate will make up for Johnson's lack of defending and will act as cover for when Johnson bombs forward. Plus think Milner has had a good second half to the season.  Think Sturridge needs to be up front and not get stuck out on wing, and knowing Rooney he will keep dropping deep looking for the ball anyway so may as well put him in that position to start with.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Agree with this 100%. It was what made me reconsider my formation.

Still not sure about Milner. How do you rate Englands chances? I think we MAY scrape through the group, all rests on the Italy game IMO
  • edited May 2014
                             Hart

Johnson          Cahill        Jagielka          Baines

Gerrard          Henderson

Sterling                                         Lallana  
                                 Rooney     

Sturridge
  • edited May 2014
                             Hart Johnson          Cahill        Jagielka          Baines                  Gerrard          Henderson    Sterling                                         Lallana                                Rooney                                   Sturridge
    Posted by splashies
    Yeah that's the formation for me. Swap Henderson for Wilshere and that is the team I would go for. Glad neither of you have picked the modern day Emile Heskey that is Welbeck!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : Yeah that's the formation for me. Swap Henderson for Wilshere and that is the team I would go for. Glad neither of you have picked the modern day Emile Heskey that is Welbeck!
    Posted by waller02
    I chose Henderson as I want to keep as much of a Liverpool feel as possible. The liverpool front 6 have been awesome.

Wilshere is massively overrated

• edited May 2014
    I tried that challenge, just looked at it like puzzled dog when u Tell him theres no treats left, 
    Just looking at 1995 and thinking I was playing power rangers, or kicking my mitre mouldmaster of the garages, because apparently it would last longer than a leather ball,  
    went home crying most nights trying too explain u cant play football with a basketball, showing them the word mitre imprinted on my leg.

And just clicked the give up button.

Never got the mitre tactic... now that was a ball!!!!
  • edited May 2014
                             Hart Johnson          Cahill        Jagielka          Baines                  Gerrard          Henderson    Sterling                                         Lallana                                Rooney                                   Sturridge
    Posted by splashies
    Love this.

we wont do it though, too attacking.  Maybe against costa rica.  We will probs drop lallana for wilshere and stick Rooney or sturridge out wide.
    Maybe even Milner for Sterling.  Loves the defence.

I'd play shaw over baines though, better defensively, and if your going to play Lallana (definately deserves a game) might aswell play him n Shaw.  Sick combo.

P.s Wilshere is not overrated. He is world class.  Check this comment in two month ;)
  • edited May 2014
    Just a small thing about what you said about hand 3. If you put the hand through an equity calculator you'll be able to work out how much you make on average playing it the way you did. Pretty sure you made it as high an amount as you possibly could have.                                                                                                     
  • edited May 2014
    I tried that challenge, just looked at it like puzzled dog when u Tell him theres no treats left,  Just looking at 1995 and thinking I was playing power rangers, or kicking my mitre mouldmaster of the garages, because apparently it would last longer than a leather ball,   went home crying most nights trying too explain u cant play football with a basketball, showing them the word mitre imprinted on my leg. And just clicked the give up button. Never got the mitre tactic... now that was a ball!!!!
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    You're a jock though right? So ofc you're gonna struggle on a quiz about world class football :)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : Love this. we wont do it though, too attacking.  Maybe against costa rica.  We will probs drop lallana for wilshere and stick Rooney or sturridge out wide. Maybe even Milner for Sterling.  Loves the defence. I'd play shaw over baines though, better defensively, and if your going to play Lallana (definately deserves a game) might aswell play him n Shaw.  Sick combo. P.s Wilshere is not overrated. He is world class.  Check this comment in two month ;)
    Posted by 1267
    DEF........he is injury prone which is his only flaw. When fully fit he is class!

I can understand playing a more defensive side against Uruguay but we have to go for the jugular against Italy they are a very beatable side these days
  • edited May 2014
    Just a small thing about what you said about hand 3. If you put the hand through an equity calculator you'll be able to work out how much you make on average playing it the way you did. Pretty sure you made it as high an amount as you possibly could have.                                                                                                     
    Posted by seanallen
    Hi, So I played it to aggressively? Did you include all Ax hands etc.? I'm really unsure of how I should have played this hand in the long term

Not fully sure if what you are saying is if I played it well or bad
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by splashies

THIS. Henderson 5/6 to start vs Italy if anyone's interested. Want to lump on but will destroy me seeing Milner start 
  • edited May 2014

I was only really looking at your equity on the turn versus his actual hand combined with the reads you gave in hand 5 and how he played both hands. Was more just in response to you wondering whether you 'played it to aggro and lost more than I should'.  Maybe if you'd have played it more passively you would have lost less than you should if that makes any sense. Think you played it well.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : Yeah that's the formation for me. Swap Henderson for Wilshere and that is the team I would go for. Glad neither of you have picked the modern day Emile Heskey that is Welbeck!
    Posted by waller02

Doing Emile a dis-service!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : THIS. Henderson 5/6 to start vs Italy if anyone's interested. Want to lump on but will destroy me seeing Milner start 
    Posted by nickd49931
    Surprised by this. Henderson has had a good season but not sure about him playing in a World Cup. I'm not sure how big a role Lampard will play but I would have him on the pitch before Henderson
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : Doing Emile a dis-service!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I dislike them both equally, I amazed Welbeck even got in the squad tbh. What's he done this season????
  • edited May 2014
    I will be back on the cash tables at some point today. Not sure how much I will be playing as it is a great day of sport. F1 qualifying, Play off final and Champions league final. I'm also in the forum syndicate for the Scoop6 so gl to us all!!!

Gl at the tables all
  • edited May 2014
    I will be back on the cash tables at some point today. Not sure how much I will be playing as it is a great day of sport. F1 qualifying, Play off final and Champions league final. I'm also in the forum syndicate for the Scoop6 so gl to us all!!! Gl at the tables all
    Posted by waller02

gl on the tables mate. U still stopping after so many BI's. 

Wouldnt mind playing myself but just mega busy at the minute.

where is the scoop6 u speak of. Went too the football corner but there was no link for it??? 

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : gl on the tables mate. U still stopping after so many BI's.  Wouldnt mind playing myself but just mega busy at the minute. where is the scoop6 u speak of. Went too the football corner but there was no link for it??? 
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Yeah still stopping at 10bi but hopefully it wont get to the that. The scoop6 thread is in Betting Chat but it's too late to join this week's mate. The jackpot is £15m so GL US!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    Haven't played any cash yet as I have been watching the sport all day. Derby were robbed, have to say!

I did play a £300 BH on the side whilst watching and I managed to take it down for my 2nd win in a week
    waller022620001£90.06 + £38.32 Head Prizes5£11.44
    Doubt I will be playing cash tonight now as I'm watching the footy and having a drink. I don't mind playing mtt's whilst having a drink because I am comfortable playing them. I think playing cash under the influence is a recipe for disaster!!!

Gonna have a couple of all in sats for the Primo then call it a night I think

Gl at the tables all
  • edited May 2014
    Played the late £1k BH after watching a film tonight and finished 2nd........so close to winning 2 mtt's on the trot which is something I have never done before. Went into HU with 50k.........oppo had over 500k so wasn't looking good but I pulled it back and had him covered when the chips went in 44 v A3......he hit the ace! All that for nothing lol

Still a decent return for a 5.75 BI

waller0202£111.65 + £30.43 Head Prizes7
    Not sure if I'm playing tomorrow, but if I do it will be on the cash tables.

Gl all
  • edited May 2014
    wtg Waller :D

PS You gotta put it in the Brag: I won a poker tourney...!
  • edited May 2014
    wtg Waller :D PS You gotta put it in the Brag: I won a poker tourney...!
    Posted by mrsduck
    ty

I already did :)
  • edited May 2014
    Just seen I'm now up to 17th in the Best of the Best Promo and I still think there will be last nights 2nd place mtt finish to be added onto that as it finished after midnight.

10CHICKNMELT323.87£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event package11PAULSMONEY304.48 12ICEMANDB10253.18 13LUCKYDAVEB237.90 14DONT-ASK231.48 15CLYDE420231.34 16OXBOWLER192.78 17WALLER02186.01
    I need a lot of run good to even have a chance of scraping into the top 10 but it is good to have a "slight" UKPC dream!
  • edited May 2014
    Played 90 mins of cash just not on 3 tables. Got off to a good start but ended up -£2.42 for the session. I'll take that though because I did stack off getting it in pre AK and running into KK........still not sure if its good to be getting 100bb in pre with AK in the long run???? Anyone??

All other hands were pretty standard stuff. There was one hand I did play bad against the table fish, I semi bluff raised with a flush draw on a A5Q board.....the guy calls with KT, the turn brings his straight and he sticks in his last 2 quid, still had the flush draw for the river so couldn't fold for an extra 2 quid??? Anyway I missed!!

Quite pleased with how I played overall, no MAJOR mistakes although it wasn't a winning session. But like is I said, it would have been if it wasn't for that AK so would like ppls thoughts on it please.

Session Profit: -£2.42
    Total : -£61.43.........still 4bi's to go before I quit!!

Going to play mini roller and try 2 more all in sats for the main (just bubbled one for £19 which was frustrating!)

Gl at the tables all
  • edited May 2014
    Just won the 3k BH............2nd win in a week. Biggest win for so so long, over the moooooooon!

Does make me wonder why I try to beat cash, but still gonna try!

waller027580001£478.49 + £139.61 Head Prizes12£38.64
    Ty to my TPT teammates Misty, Matt and Dale for the rail
  • edited May 2014
    Just won the 3k BH............2nd win in a week. Biggest win for so so long, over the moooooooon! Does make me wonder why I try to beat cash, but still gonna try! waller02 758000 1 £478.49 + £139.61 Head Prizes 12 £38.64 Ty to my TPT teammates Misty, Matt and Dale for the rail
    Posted by waller02
    Congrats.
    Reading this with interest as i have never been able to make the transition to cash.Hopefully your run good continues.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The "I will be a half decent cash player before I die" thread : Congrats. Reading this with interest as i have never been able to make the transition to cash.Hopefully your run good continues.
    Posted by belsibub
    Cheers, I can't make the transition either. I can't string a couple of winning sessions together, not sure if I ever will. Just ironic that ever since I started this diary I have had my best mtt run for months!
  • edited May 2014
    Well done Waller. Happy to see you going well.