You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bennydip2 (X Files) "The Truth Is Out There"?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bennydip2 (X Files) "The Truth Is Out There"?:
       Raising the Phoenix..'The Stow' bennydip2 Posts: 189 First: 19/6/2009 Last: 3/8/2009                                          Saving Greyhound Racing !! As some of you may know, I am in love with greyhound racing having been assitant to R Yeats for four and half years. My friend Mark Wallis  and the rest of the SOS committee are battling very hard to get the 'Stow' back up and running. We can succeed, but   require your help. Waltham Forest Council has called for public opinion on how land in the borough should be used as a final stage of their preparation of the new Local Government Framework (LDF) which will guide future development until 2026. They have called for the public to tell them about 'sites you think should be protected - for example open space for recreational use, or an employment site that you think should be protected to provide local jobs etc'. Clearly the Stow scores highly on both counts. If the council receive enough requests from individuals that the Stow should be retained for leisure and employment use, and NOT for housing, then our chances of bringing greyhound racing back are improved enormously. So please write in yourself and ask family, friends etc to do the same - we cannot stress how important this is to the campaign. All submissions must be made by 27 August 2009 . Please either write your own letter (address is on our standard letter below) or simply complete and post the standard letter. Or you can e-mail your objection to planning-policy@walthamforest.gov.uk or you can use the 'call for sites' form on the council's website www.walthamforest.gov.uk/ldf Please help to get our track Walthamstow back to its best use which is first class Greyhound racing! Thank you and kind regards Barry Styles (bennydip2)   Suggested draft letter: Site Specific Allocations DPD Planning Policy Environment and Regeneration Sycamore House Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex Forest Road Walthamstow E17 4JF Date Dear Sirs, Local Development Framework (LDF) Call for sites. I strongly urge that the Council continues to protect the Walthamstow Greyhound Stadium as a really important site for a great night out and as a provider of a significant source of local jobs for the community. Yours faithfully  
    Posted by bennydip2
  • edited January 2010
      Golf Anyone ?

A Catholic Priest, an Indian Doctor, a rich Chinese Businessman and an Aussie were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers in front of them.

The Aussie fumed, 'What's with those blokes?  We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!'

The Indian Doctor chimed in, 'I don't know, but I've never seen such poor golf!'

The Chinese Businessman called out 'Move it, time is money'

The Catholic Priest said, 'Here comes George the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him.'

'Hello, George!', said the Catholic Priest, 'What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?'

George the greens keeper replied,
     'Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime.'

The group fell silent for a moment.

The Catholic Priest said, 'That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.'

The Indian Doctor said, 'Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them.'

The Chinese Businessman replied, 'I think I'll donate $50,000 to the fire-fighters in honor of these brave souls'

The Aussie said,

'Why the F~ck can't they play at night?'  !!!!!!!

• edited January 2010
    Hi Golden ..Don't worry   i'm luving your jokes and contribution to this thread..
    The thing is,  its   marked  (x files)     however if the censor takes a few off well  'am  i bovered'  :))

If some story's go over the line then fair enough, i'  just want to put a smile on some one's face and if  i  can help with their poker game,  thats fine ....

glk  Golden...  keep em coming,

oh by the way.. I had Mickjenn in fits of laughter last  night ??( I think)

He's chat banned as you know , but what with the chat and poker on our table ..
    he kept changing his head( avatar) every 2 mins....  obviously in appreciation to what  was going  on..
    .Oh well he'll be back soon, miss his threads  though :)

benny
  • edited January 2010
    I married way too young.

Lovely lass she was. From Tokyo.
  • edited January 2010
    I married way too young. Lovely lass she was. From Tokyo.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    hahhaaaa   ha ha ha !! 
  • edited January 2010

I'm in trouble now .... 

messing around on the computer where  i shouldn't have been ......message came up !!

Access Denied 

Now  I'm really interested, so i carry on and,   eek   !!

click photo to enlarge

Mulder  Sculley   where are you ......................!!!!!!

• edited January 2010
    Hi Golden ..Don't worry   i'm luving your jokes and contribution to this thread.. The thing is,  its   marked  (x files)     however if the censor takes a few off well  'am  i bovered'  :)) If some story's go over the line then fair enough, i'  just want to put a smile on some one's face and if  i  can help with their poker game,  thats fine .... glk  Golden...  keep em coming,    oh by the way.. I had Mickjenn in fits of laughter last  night ??( I think)   He's chat banned as you know , but what with the chat and poker on our table .. he kept changing his head( avatar) every 2 mins....  obviously in appreciation to what  was going  on.. .Oh well he'll be back soon, miss his threads  though :))    benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    He fell off the settee laughing apparently Ben.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bennydip2 (X Files) "The Truth Is Out There"? : He fell off the settee laughing apparently Ben.
    Posted by phil12uk
    cheers phil,    thanks for letting me know ... hehee !!  hope he's doing ok  ..    if  he reads  this ...?

Wont be long Mick couple of months and you'll be back .!!

Im forever  blowing BUBBLES ......     Ironz   !!

• edited January 2010
    Well Bennydip2   Another one bites the dust must have insulted the Gay Community with my friendly banter and these were my clean jokes. Don't want to Kill your thread.  As I've said I've closed more threads on here than the closure of Lancishire Cotton Mill's . Rich is over sensitive to my contribution to the Forum at the moment ,my own fault for taking pop at Sky Rules. Already committed suicide in Church of Dazler [ Where is he by the way no one in church the altar silver will get stolen is he up the mountain getting the new ten commandments or on the slab at Roswell.] Thanks for the support no more posts from me on any site my contribution it seams is not valued so off to fall on my sword. gl all
    Posted by goldon
    Goldon - your posts are 100% valued in this community - it's just that we have certain rules that all posts must stick to. i'm afraid that any posts that are seen as abusive or offensive have to be deleted. please do continue to use the forum (as it was intended - for open, friendly debate)

many thanks,

Rich
  • edited January 2010
    this f ucking poker site is f ucking fixed
  • edited January 2010
    Chalming  ...Breakfast !!!!

She was standing in the kitchen, preparing our usual soft-boiled eggs and toast for breakfast, 

wearing only the ' T' shirt that she normally slept in. !!

As I walked in, almost awake, she turned to  me and said softly, 

"You've got to make love to me this very  moment!" 

My eyes lit up and I thought,

"I am  either still dreaming or this is going to be my lucky day!" 

Not wanting to lose the moment, I embraced  her and then gave it my all;

right there on the kitchen table. 

Afterwards she said,

"Thanks," and  returned to the stove, her T-shirt still around her neck. 

Happy, but a little puzzled, I asked, 

"What  was that all about?" 

She explained,

"The egg  timer's broken." !!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Women
      A police officer pulls over a speeding car.
    The officer says, ' I clocked you at 80 miles per hour, sir.'

The driver says, 'Gee, officer I had it on cruise control at 60, perhaps your radar gun needs calibrating.'

Not looking up from her knitting the wife says:
    'Now don't be silly dear, you know that this car doesn't have cruise control.' 

As the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls,
    'Can't you please keep your mouth shut for once?' 

The wife smiles demurely and says,
    'You should be thankful your radar detector went off when it did. !!!

As the officer makes out the second ticket for the illegal radar detector unit, the man glowers at his wife and says through clenched teeth,

'Darn it, woman, can't you keep your mouth shut?' 

The officer frowns and says,
    'And I notice that you're not wearing your seat belt, sir. That's an automatic $75 fine.'

The driver says, 'Yeah, well, you see officer, I had it on, but took it off when you pulled me over so that I could get my license out of my back pocket.'

The wife says, 'Now, dear, you know very well that you didn't have your seat belt on. You never wear your seat belt when you're driving.'

And as the police officer is writing out the third ticket the driver turns to his wife and barks,
    'WHY DON'T YOU PLEASE SHUT UP??' 

The officer looks over at the woman and asks,
    'Does your husband always talk to you this way, Ma'am?'

(wait for it)

'Only when he's been drinking.'  !!!

• edited January 2010

Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are

Chinese.

And  there are 5 
    people in my family,

so it must be one of them. 

It's either my mum or my dad. 

Or my older brother Colin. 

Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu.

But I think it's Colin.   !!

• edited January 2010
      flied lice and fleas to u  
    Posted by goldon
    My favourite food is fried lice and french flies!
  • edited January 2010
    Golden, I have lived and worked  in West London. I used to be assistant trainer a couple of years back, we raced at Reading most of the time. However Walthamstow was the best track in the land, we often took a dog there for open races.  
    Your memories sound great .. you obviously had great fun there......  :))

There has been a big campaign to try and get the track re-opened as a sports and recreation centre instead of another housing estate....Everyone is now awaiting the council decision !!

glk  benny
  • edited January 2010
    Over the next few weeks  (Sept)... I'll be posting in the Blog.  in community 

titled .......  Bennys blatherings !

Many thanks  benny
  • edited January 2010
    bennydip21£85 + £98.75 Head Prizes + 30 League Points725500 
    WightRanka2£51 + £11.25 Head Prizes + 26 League Points10 
    polplays3£34 + £15 Head Prizes + 18 League Points20 
    AfcAsh4£15 Head Prizes + 12 League Points20 
    Gavigan5£22.50 Head Prizes30 
    FITF36 00 
    mbrwn57 00 
    SoLack8 00 
    goodylad219 00 
    DEZRAY1410
      300 Bounty Hunter ...       Oyi Oyi ...Get  in  !!!!!!!

• edited January 2010

awwwh  sorry   Rich, sir ..  captain, my captain  ..I didnt think that was so bad !! 

But     hmm       was a bit close to the mark, 

funny though  !!!!  he he
  • edited January 2010
       awwwh  sorry   Rich, sir ..  captain, my captain  ..I didnt think that was so bad !!          But     hmm       was a bit close to the mark,                     funny though  !!!!  he he
    Posted by bennydip2
    yes although funny, i'm afraid that post was pretty border line and did knock on the door of several taboo areas!

keep up the great blog work tough Benny.
  • edited January 2010
    My county council has banned all carnivals in the area until further notice.

It's so unfair.
  • edited January 2010
    Im having a bet on the footy today
     Over 2.5 Goals (Under/Over 2.5 Goals) Tottenham v Man United

4/5

There will be  plenty of goals in this game .....me thinks !!
  • edited January 2010
    Sorry it's a long one, but I found it funny (but then I'm a geek).

The Borg versus Bill Gates

A "Star Trek Lost Episodes" transcript, about an encoutering with the BORG:

Picard: Mr. LaForge, have you had any success with your attempts at finding a weakness in the Borg?
    And Mr. Data, have you been able to access their command pathways?

Geordi: Yes, Captain. In fact, we found the answer by searching through our archives on late Twentieth-century computing technology.

Geordi presses a key, and a logo appears on the computer screen.

Riker [looks puzzled]: What the he ll is 'Microsoft'?

Data [turns around to answer]: Allow me to explain. We will send this program, for some reason called 'Windows', through the Borg command pathways.
    Once inside their root command unit, it will begin consumingsystem resources at an unstoppable rate.

Picard: But the Borg have the ability to adapt. Won't they alter their processing systems to increase their storage capacity?

Data: Yes, Captain. But when 'Windows' detects this, it creates a new version of itself known as an 'upgrade'. The use of resources increases exponentially with each iteration. The Borg will not be able to adapt quickly enough. Eventually all of their processing ability will be taken over and none will be available for their normal operational functions.

Picard: Excellent work. This is even better than that 'unsolvable geometric shape' idea.

.. . . 15 Minutes Later . . .

Data: Captain, We have successfully installed the 'Windows' in the command unit and as expected it immediately consumed 85% of all resources.
    We however have not received any confirmation of the expected 'upgrade'.

Geordi: Our scanners have picked up an increase in Borg storage and CPU capacity to compensate, but we still have no indication of an 'upgrade' to compensate for their increase.

Picard: Data, scan the history banks again and determine if their is something we have missed.

Data: Sir, I believe there is a reason for the failure in the 'upgrade'.
    Appearently the Borg have circumvented that part of the plan by not sending in their registration cards.

Riker: Captain we have no choice. Requesting permission to begin emergency escape sequence 3F . . .

Geordi [excited]: Wait, Captain I just detected their CPU capacity has suddenly dropped to 0%!

Picard: Data, what do your scanners show?

Data: Appearently the Borg have found the internal 'Windows' module named 'Solitaire' and it has used up all the CPU capacity.

Picard: Let's wait and see how long this 'solitaire' can reduce their functionality.

.. . . Two Hours Pass . . .

Riker: Geordi what's the status on the Borg?

Geordi: As expected the Borg are attempting to re-engineer to compensate for increased CPU and storage demands, but each time they successfully increase resources I have set up our closest deep space monitor beacon to transmit more 'windows' modules from something called the 'Microsoft fun-pack'.

Picard: How much time will that buy us?

Data: Current Borg solution rates allow me to predicate an interest time span of 6 more hours.

Geordi: Captain, another vessel has entered our sector.

Picard: Identify!

Data: It appears to have markings very similar to the 'Microsoft' logo ...

Over the speakers: THIS IS ADMIRAL BILL GATES OF THE MICROSOFT FLAGSHIP MONOPOLY. WE HAVE POSITIVE CONFIRMATION OF UNREGISTERED SOFTWARE IN THIS SECTOR. SURRENDER ALL ASSETS AND WE CAN AVOID ANY TROUBLE. YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS!

Data: The alien ship has just opened its forward hatches and released thousands of humanoid shaped objects.

Picard: Magnify forward viewer on the alien craft.

Riker: Good God captain! Those are humans floating straight toward the Borg ship with no life support suits ! How can they survive the tortures of deep space?!

Data: I don't believe that those are humans, Sir. If you will look closer I believe you will see that they are carrying something recognized by twenty-first century man as doe skin leather briefcases, and wearing Armani suits.

Riker and Picard together [horrified]: Lawyers!!!

Geordi: It can't be. All the Lawyers were rounded up and sent hurtling into the sun in 2017 during the Great Awakening.

Data: True, but appearently some must have survived.

Riker: They have surrounded the Borg ship and are covering it with all types of papers.

Data: I believe that is known in ancient venacular as 'red tape' it often proves fatal.

Riker: They're tearing the Borg to pieces!

Picard: Turn off the monitors. I can't stand to watch, not even the Borg deserve that.
  • edited January 2010
    lol  nice  one knackersYa  ..that  reminded me of that song ..

It's Life Jim but not as we know it !
  • edited January 2010
    True Family Compassion !!

Did you ever wonder why you never see dead penguins
    on  the ice in Antarctica ?  Ever  wonder where they go? 
    Wonder no  more.  
    It  is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered  and complex life. 

The  penguins have a very strong community bond.  
    They are very committed to their family and will  mate for life.  They  also maintain a form of compassionate contact with  their offspring  throughout its life.  

If  a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of  the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in  the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole  is deep enough for the dead bird to
    be rolled into and  buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle
     around the freshly dug  grave and sing....... 

"freeze  a jolly good fellow"

Oh you were S O  e a s y !!!  

One for TK that one!

:))

• edited January 2010

Two dwarfs

Two dwarfs go into a bar, where they pick up two 'working girls' and take them to their separate hotel rooms.

The first dwarf, however, is unable to get an erec tion. His depression is made worse by the fact that, from the next room, he hears his friend shouting out cries of 'Here I come again! ONE, TWO, THREE .... UGH!' Here I come again! ONE, TWO, THREE.... UGH!' Here I come again! ONE, TWO, THREE ... UGH!' ... ALL NIGHT LONG.

In the morning, the second dwarf asks the first, 'How did it go?' The first mutters, 'It was
     Embarrassing.. I just couldn't get an erec tion.'

The second dwarf shook his head. 'You think that's embarrassing?

I couldn't get on the bed.' !!!

• edited January 2010

In my Life......
    I was going to write a blog  or start a new thread but felt maybe this should not be  on the front page.
    Over the last few months we have seen a lot of changes here on Skypoker in regard to players coming and going ..the change in the structure of the 9 00  live  shows and for sure there will be many  others in the coming months.
    The thing about a forum is that it gives people  the freedom to air their own personal views which is good from the point of chat and helping each other, and  in some cases ....   romance  :))

What I feel is unfair is that many players who leave the site don't realise what it was that has started them on a down swing  and so find an excuse to blame  others  or in the main the poker site itself.
    What People must understand and  don't,   is that it has nothing to do with 'swings' 'variance' or 'tilt' that has them blaming others for their losses ...the truth is it's the player them self..the psychology of whats going on in their own personal life away from the computer or live poker tables...
    We all have problems as we go through  life, moving and marriage / divorce or business starting or failing , jobs looking a bit dodgy any amount of problems in our lives can be happening and all the time we think our game will remain the same....it doesn't  !!
    This is the thing of it ,  
    Ultimately our life affects our decisions in the way we play, we might  not think so but this is where 'patience 'can be affected, and so lead to bad decisions ..
     So,   for all the players who post on the forum  blaming the poker site for their loses ...think ....was it really someone else's fault  ..

glk />             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2d2llB4oIQ

benny

• edited January 2010

Strange , a few minutes ago was just thinking the following .After a month of running cold and another of going nowhere , i actually think my game has improved . Im rather proud of myself . And really gratefull to my friends who helped me do so . And yes , how i feel and think affects my game. I dont blame sky or others , i just blame rich.

• edited January 2010
    Strange , a few minutes ago was just thinking the following .After a month of running cold and another of going nowhere , i actually think my game has improved . Im rather proud of myself . And really gratefull to my friends who helped me do so . And yes , how i feel and think affects my game. I dont blame sky or others , i just blame rich.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    I didn't like to say that.  :)

My cat has got his official RAF wings badge he's flown across the room so many times.