You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2015 diary - Goal - profitable in life, sensible in poker, crazy in love, and lucky in work.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £12 plus £8 poker rewards to £500 Diary:
    CONGRATULATIONS MATE on the baby front. the most important color for me by far are the pinks = slow plays.  once i know who these players are you can figure out how best to play them. my yellow players are the loose ones and there are many, who don't slow play so are easy to identify & play against. not to many red ones at the £1 level anyway, the good players, but i guess that is only what you might expect. well when i say not to many, that's an under-exageration... there aren't any.  :) run good mate, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Do I at least make orange??  haha
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £12 plus £8 poker rewards to £500 Diary : Do I at least make orange??  haha
    Posted by Nuggy962
    I don't count you as a £1 reg so i've excluded you mate from my red list,  ha ha.
    yeah think orange is spot on  :)
  • edited July 2014
    Nice session today - other than hitting my dream flop of KKq with Ak - getting it all in and Villian hits his gutshot with A10 - a very enjoyable afternoon

The fiance and mother n law went for a walk around Stirling Castle so I made best use of my time - Rushed the house work so I can spend more time playing :-)

Played a total of 9 across the 3 levels

Stats as follows 

£1 played 2 won 2 profit £1.60

£2 played 3 won 2 Profit £1.25

£3 played 2 won two profit £5.40

£1 6 max played one lost one Loss £1.15

Total session £7.10

Nerves will start to kick in as approach the £100 haha

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £12 plus £8 poker rewards to £500 Diary - Current BR £86.95:
    Nice session today - other than hitting my dream flop of KKq with Ak - getting it all in and Villian hits his gutshot with A10 - a very enjoyable afternoon The fiance and mother n law went for a walk around Stirling Castle so I made best use of my time - Rushed the house work so I can spend more time playing :-) Played a total of 9 across the 3 levels Stats as follows  £1 played 2 won 2 profit £1.60 £2 played 3 won 2 Profit £1.25 £3 played 2 won two profit £5.40 £1 6 max played one lost one Loss £1.15 Total session £7.10 Nerves will start to kick in as approach the £100 haha
    Posted by Nuggy962
    nice going mate...
    only £10 behind me, ha ha.
     just to let you know as you don't play the £1 level very often...
    2 wins gives a profit of £1.70 not £1.60   lol
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £12 plus £8 poker rewards to £500 Diary - Current BR £86.95:
    Nice session today - other than hitting my dream flop of KKq with Ak - getting it all in and Villian hits his gutshot with A10 - a very enjoyable afternoon The fiance and mother n law went for a walk around Stirling Castle so I made best use of my time - Rushed the house work so I can spend more time playing :-) Played a total of 9 across the 3 levels Stats as follows  £1 played 2 won 2 profit £1.60 £2 played 3 won 2 Profit £1.25 £3 played 2 won two profit £5.40 £1 6 max played one lost one Loss £1.15 Total session £7.10 Nerves will start to kick in as approach the £100 haha
    Posted by Nuggy962
    As above. 
    Isn't a £1 6 max £1.10 not £1.15?
  • edited July 2014
    Haha

Well I am an amature on the profit / loss fromt - think I will stick to jst the BR update - no maths required

Haha

Thanks guys
  • edited July 2014
    Was going to update last night... Finished at 00:30, started but then realised up at 5am this morning to take mother in law to airport...

Having made a tidy profit in the sng and watching the live show the lure of playing in the BH was attractive!  But seeing as I banned myself from the £7.20 Sats and BR management is the only real reason I am doing this challenge decided to drop into the mini - making that the last game of the evening.

Had a lovely start - a manaic was in the mood to gamble opening a lot of pots - I open with KK and they happily 3 bet me so big left me easy all in play - Hold nicely and with a head under my belt of I trotted.

Was great to see such huge numbers in the mini - Been a while since I played it to be fair (used to just play main event) and to get 500 runners on a summer evening.... WOW!!  

Was cheap leader for a while middle stages - had one of those tournys where card dead for level apon level then hit a run and get max value each time :)

Was top 3 at bubble time so pushed chips around hard and got another few bounties.  Then had a crash and dropped to average chips.  Battled to final 4 tables - money jumped at 10th so anything less than that was not worth looking at.  

Got a lucky double up when down to 13 - pushed loose and got looked up - hit my 3 outer.

Final table bubble approached - a very favourable table split - with 8 left the top 4 were all on one table and left us 4 shorts (1m chips in tourny - chip leaders 250k each - 2 other stacks around 100k on table 1) on table 2.  Lost one from our table and one from monster table so off to fianl table we went.

I was now v short at 70k, blind 2.5/5k - first guy goes then my turn - 66 v KQ.

Lovely score for £80 - a massive addition to the BR challenge!!

• edited July 2014
    So

The new bank roll amount got me thinking.  What level should I now be playing at - up to the £5.50?  Start Sat's for main events?  Play few mtt's?

Simply answer is NO!

Doing this diary is to help me improve my management of my hobby.

If I was to go to £5.50 and have that loosing day I can easily loose a huge proportion of my BR.

In all honesty - I have been playing on the brink playing the £3, and £2.  Few good results have put me on the right track - however I will not be turning my back on the £1 £2 or £3 levels - and will continue to play those and now simply add the odd mini event when I have a spare evening.  

I think 30 BI's for a new level sng is not enough for a challenge?

Played now 100 dym's so far in this challenge - will post some very early days ROI stats later

For now..... Another session is needed

Run well all
  • edited July 2014
    Well played in the mini mate... nice cash.

yeah, £160 looks good but a bad session at the £3 or £5  dym's will put a dent in that.(trust me on that :)
    i'd play the odd £3 if tempted but stick with the £1 & £2 untill b/r hits £200 then move up to £2 & £3.
    gl m8
  • edited July 2014
    Well played in the mini mate... nice cash. yeah, £160 looks good but a bad session at the £3 or £5  dym's will put a dent in that.(trust me on that :) i'd play the odd £3 if tempted but stick with the £1 & £2 untill b/r hits £200 then move up to £2 & £3. gl m8
    Posted by devonfish5
    Totally agree and will take your advise on board seeing as you have been there and done it all before!!

I think fair to say level I am playing at the moment is mainly £2, high % of £1 and the odd £3 chucked in

Another couple MTT cash's and I got this race to £500 in the bag - couple of bad sessions and I am starting over - the joys of poker haha

run well mate
  • edited July 2014
    Played a small session today

won 4 lost 1

BR on the up and sitting pretty at £167 and few pence

100 ROI to follow later

On a seperate note - said hello to the table as per norma and two guys told me to shut up and that I go on too much?
    Do I??

Needless to say it gave me a smile when they busted in 6th and 5th but made me think was I being too chatty??  Only chat to a few regs - when playing 5/6 tables do not have the time for chit chat lol  

Luckily for me I must write notes as much as I "chat" in a game as they were the sole reason for a bluff and a loose call that ended said villians day

Run well
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £12 plus £8 poker rewards to £500 Diary - Current BR £167.08:
    Played a small session today won 4 lost 1 BR on the up and sitting pretty at £167 and few pence 100 ROI to follow later On a seperate note - said hello to the table as per norma and two guys told me to shut up and that I go on too much? Do I?? Needless to say it gave me a smile when they busted in 6th and 5th but made me think was I being too chatty??  Only chat to a few regs - when playing 5/6 tables do not have the time for chit chat lol   Luckily for me I must write notes as much as I "chat" in a game as they were the sole reason for a bluff and a loose call that ended said villians day Run well
    Posted by Nuggy962
    I'm usually quite chatty but people that respond like that are the ones that tend to have a stick up the backside and those that usually complain about poker being rigged when they lose a big hand etc.
  • edited July 2014
    Just ignore them mate....
    always 1 or 2 about aren't there.

keep the run good going mate
  • edited July 2014
    Only had time for 4 this afternoon while the fiance had a nap (pregnant women huh ;-)

won the session 3 to 1

Played one badly for first itme in a while - getting to bubble by skin of teeth then playing bubble pretty badly - shoving loose onto a guy who just lost his massive stack calling loose - so should of gussed a loose call was likely!

anyway - the BR closing in on my next milestone of £200!!

Hopefully just a week away but we will see

Moving home Monday / Tuesday so no doubt will be having a few days off and start my new posistion within company in Bridgwater wednesday - may put poker on the back burner for a little while and just drop into a freerole between unpacking :-)

Run well all
  • edited July 2014
    funny how you're thinking of having a few days off, just as i'm moving up to the £2 ha ha

good luck with the moving & job, etc mate.
  • edited July 2014
    Two bad sessions loosing then 4-2 and 4-1

Various losses - getting called of v light and them getting there vs some loose play by me ( I called an all in with 6 high and won the hand) need to look at getting back to winning ways and reducing tables back to 4 at once and updating the notes

Run well all
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £12 plus £8 poker rewards to £500 Diary Current BR £162.08:
    Two bad sessions loosing then 4-2 and 4-1 Various losses - getting called of v light and them getting there vs some loose play by me ( I called an all in with 6 high and won the hand) need to look at getting back to winning ways and reducing tables back to 4 at once and updating the notes Run well all
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Sunday is 'Bingo day' mate, where anything goes.
    on my last challenge i played them to begin with but was getting outdrawn so often i decided not to play them & have carried that on now.
    I was watching a good winning player y'day on a £5 game on bubble he was short stack & called an allin with j4 v a4 & hit his jack, says it all i think.
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Dev

Never even thougt about that but is very true. Some crazy calls - I honestly thought I must be playing so face up was easy to call me that light

Non poker news:

Oh what a day today! up at 5am to the sound of a tumbledryer above. Thkught was goijg to join me and the mrs in bed (Not my type of a groupy ;)
    Had a long day ay work handing my siye over to the new guy as I venture to my next site, bigger and hopefully better in Bridgwater.

Also packed, cleaned and moved all our homely belongings into a man with a van who is driving overnight to take to storage while our new home is built (not paid for by poker money... I can dream :)

Just finished getting the flat ready to hand over keys tomorrow then it is goodbye to Scotland and hello sommerset. A nice 8 hour drive to look forward too tomorrow with the added pain of swapping cars over at Reading so mine can go in for a new clutch (different story all together and the morral is do not buy an S5 and expect Audi to do anything for less thab 2k)

Anyways - thats my excuse for not hittibg the tables today and probably next few days as we settle into new house (hopefully internet is sorted in the temp place) and I get the fiance a job! Suppose gor to try hide the bump first so she has half a chance :)

Run well all and have a good few days 
  • edited July 2014
    see you soon mate...
    don't over do it... ha ha.
    & don't let the misses do any heavy lifting... that's your job  :)
  • edited August 2014
    So after some time away purely to start phase one of the move (having all gone ok) we are settled in our room where we will remain until phase two - completion of the new house.

Luckily we have bt fibre optic so can surf te net at............. exactly the same speeds cause te laptop is rubbish :-)

played the odd mtt while moving - ran ok in the rebuy - lost a bigish pot just before the add on period - and temptation was too great so added on - only t0 get it all in on a 3 way pot few hands later - 60/40 and off I went.

Then was running well in the mini b/h Friday - took a couple of heads but busted making a small loss.

Going to return to the dym's and start my hopeful climb to £200

Hope to see you all on the tables soon - and well done all UKPC qualifiers - very jealous

Run well
  • edited August 2014
    Jusst played and won 3 waiting for BB to start

2 x £3 and 1x£2

Small session - no drama's other than all my tables closing at once when had a bluff and a full house on the go!!  luckiily for me just lost a river bet for value and bluff got through

Run well all

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £12 plus £8 poker rewards to £500 Diary - Current BR - £161:
    Jusst played and won 3 waiting for BB to start 2 x £3 and 1x£2 Small session - no drama's other than all my tables closing at once when had a bluff and a full house on the go!!  luckiily for me just lost a river bet for value and bluff got through Run well all
    Posted by Nuggy962
    i've had all my tables go down before... all 18 tables  lol

ONLY £7 BEHIND YOU NOW MATE  (£154.67)  LOL  

run good mate....

you need to mate to keep up with me now i'm playing £3's & £2's  lol
  • edited August 2014
    So now Dev is crushing me :-)

Played a £22 BH - why????? luckily few heads so damage not too bad

Played 2 mtt's today - lost

Ended day with 4 dym wins so up £1

Run well all
  • edited August 2014
    played 4 this eve and won 3

Solid - one I lost was QQ into K10 for them to hit nut FH

Going to be able to get some more game time in now a settled in work and home

New house being built - should be in in just 6 weeks - so need to play a lot as no doubt will have the joys of no net for a few weeks!!!

Run well all
  • edited August 2014
    Glad the move down South has gone well mate.
    i nearly put £50 on Ricky Fowler to finish top 5 y'day @8/15 to win £26 in the PGA golf,  but bottled it in the end...
    had it all typed in & ready to go)...gutted as he came 4th i think in the end...
    would be on £219 now  :(

never mind, i'll just grind it out now...
    shouldn't take too long...hopefully, ha ha.

run golden mate...
    oh, and keep away from those £22 b/hunters... i'm enjoying my moment of being in front of you  lol
  • edited August 2014
    Had a down swing few days - nothing much went wrong other than variance saying hello and sticking around.

Not had a day off at work in a while so squeezing sessions in but rushing them.

Lost few buy ins at cash which is unlike me and had some sick busts in MtT's but loving every minute!  

Against all advise went into £5.50 DYM, won some lost some , but two days of loosing just 2 kills the BR, 

I always go back to I stated at £20 so no need to panic, but a level drop to £2 and odd £3 is the strict level I will stay at until back to £200.

Will still play odd mini MTT, always been an MTT player, that's what gets heart racing.

Hopefully see you all on tables soon :)

Run well

Ps spurs won so in all fairness, a good week overall :)
  • edited August 2014
    Hi mate,
    as you say it's all from £20 so no worries, i'm sure it's only a temporary set back at the moment.
    yeah, playing outside your b/r is always a risk, but you know that, but you only need to get on a roll or cash well in an mtt & that risk will pay off for sure.
    i'm running great at the mo, but i'm sure it won't last forever so enjoying it while it lasts  ha ha.
    i'll come here in a week or two & you'll be on something like £300 and leapfrog past me & then the race will be well & truly on to £500,  ha ha
    run golden mate,
    best wishes,
    dev

• edited August 2014
    Thanks Dev

Always know what to say

Today I wanted to play mini.... But needed to "book the win" as stated by yourself many times.

I played 3 at £2, won them all and now updating here and watching the live show.

Sometimes your so right - just got to take a small profit - cause it is a profit - it is 5% of total BR - so who can knock a wining day with a 5% increase

Slow and steady wins thee race

Lost a lot of role from £170 playing too many MTT's (played about £110 worth

Run well all
  • edited April 2015
    Well well well
    Spent some time today looking over old posts and doing a lot of self analysis on poker attitude and hand analysis. I set myself a personal challenge to not deposit in 2015, be honest but fair in community and try plug the leaks in my game by playing twice a week properly and studying one other. My main aim this year though was to learn how to be a good dad for my newborn. She is still alive and kicking, smiles when she sees my ugly mug come home from work so on that front.... Yay :)

Poker wise, with some run good doing well, 2nd and a good cash in the £55 early this yeah set me up well. Steady since. Few "blips" when registered for a £55 heads up not a £5, done same with £21 not a £2, chased loss and lost two so went for a £40 and lost that too :) that was February and learnt a lesson in heads up. So I studied HU, now play more HU but at level my BR can take. Current BR north £700.
    Still work to do community wise, let myself down once or twice (hey who is counting... Maybe Mr ChanningN, sorry,) need to just butt out of business that is none of mine. I may be good in my field of work but that is not online poker so will leave that to the pro's such as Mr ChanningN and the sky poker team. Will obviously contribute but try be constructive. 

So, didn't want to start another thread, no commitments to update, goal is to stay on straight and narrow. I do, and always will play purely for fun. I do,like most, miss the TV show and the SPT bla bla bla. But I still play here, never thought of not. No other sites come close IMO. Made profit on stars and Party..... Still hate it. Loosing player over 3 years here but I love it so this is the place for me.
    You will find me here everyday, but on tables Most Tuesdays and Fridays as my two days, 5 days for my daughter and life, with mini HU £5 hyper sessions on side, in profit after 70 so on right path :)
    Anyone with HU advise feel free to drop me some, I am but a novice who loves to win and hates to loose :)

• edited April 2015
    Goals for May / June

Teach my daughter Casey bottle feed - 3 months and won't touch a bottle, just mummy's kitchen - I want to take Ula away for an evening so feeding habbit needs a tweak :)

Poker - become a break even HU player including Rake, cash a main event, final table a late night BH. (£1k, £750 etc)

Spoil the mrs to a romantic surprise 

Work - roll out the new company mission statement and vision to all sites across company and the board, means getting good at presentations and large public speaking

Run well all

Matt