You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2015 diary - Goal - profitable in life, sensible in poker, crazy in love, and lucky in work.

124»

Comments

• edited May 2015
    What a first week back at work. Busy busy busy! Few nasty accidents caused havoc on the roads and people came in there 1000's for a quick loo break and a coffee before tackling the mighty British motorway network. 
    Still managed some volume of poker, picked up on the HU this week and ended slightly ahead so happy enough.
    Mtt's were great fun, limped into main event cash finally getting busted when I had no option but to shove suited connectors on the button for 12bb and was looked up by solacks k5, which held for gg.
    Goals for June:

Poker
    Earn 100 points a week
    Finish top 20 in a £1k freerole
    Cash in 15% of mtt's entered
    1 x mtt final table!
    Play 100 HU
    Work
    Smash profit target
    Initiate 2 x managers hired
    Life
    Get ready for family holiday to Greece 
    Get Casey on the bottle (rolled over from last set of goals)
    Reduce impulse spending ( my garden is not big enough for anything else and attic is full )

• edited June 2015
    So today I had my toughest crowd when doing a presentation....... A primary school assembly! 

Today I had the pleasure of presenting one of our adopted schools £1k in free books for them. I was going expecting a 5 minute slot to present the books, shake the heads hand and pose for a picture for records. Turned out it was an assembly just for us to fill the time and give a talk to all 100 kids. Presenting to an audience of 5-10 year olds is not my normal area and felt massively under prepared. To make pressures bubble up a bit more, local press was there too. Is nerve racking watching them scribble notes, hoping I do not make a boo boo and end up front page news :)
    Luckily, just thought on my feet and tried to talk like I would to the nephew with few facts to keep the ex navey head master and teachers awake.

Seemed to go well, had some amazingly cute questions from the perfectly behaved children, best ones being, "if I stop somewhere on way to holiday will I see you?" And my top one, "do you get a break" thinking of taking that child with me to remind me to have one once in a while :) all for a good cause and a real perk of the job. Got to play some "around the world" table tennis vs the year 6 council members - needless to say I was pictured loosing this terribly!
    Very fun day today.... SHame got a days office work to catch up on tomorrow :)

• edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    Good luck for June Nuggy.
  • edited June 2015
    Hahaha love that geldy ! Had a few of those moments when briefing a team before now. They keep head up but can see in their eyes they want to but crack the desk.

Thank Time, 10 HU in and 30 points to the good, oh and a 9w 1l record #thinBrag haha
  • edited June 2015
    Mtt played 5 cashed one main = 20%
    HU P21 w13
    103 points for week so can slow down. 
  • edited June 2015
    13th June poker update 

HU played 40, won 24

Mtt = played 20, cashed in 6 = 30%

2 x final tables in month too :) 

Free roles, out of 3, cashed one for 250th out of 1200
  • edited June 2015
    So as you can see, poker going ok, actually slightly down over all despite some good numbers for me just being a rec. main reason being not cashed or run deep in any of the £55 or £33 but hitting the £11 and mini's £5.50 pretty well

Work has been, as expected before a holiday , very hectic due to getting everything ready for a glorious 17 days off with the family. Had a new McDonald's open up near one of the sites, but the profit vs target still well ahead. Had an amazing May and great start to June. Even with the new competition opening up, we are confident this will only have a minor impact and not one that will change the affected sites run rate too much :)

On way home yesterday managed to "clip" the kerb in the jag resulting in a nice £100 tracking bill. Booked in for a service at same time, this will keep my warranty guys happy in a def +ev move ;)

Just about all set for the holiday.  It is now at the point  where the weight limits are being tested. I packed clever, but still manage to be having to give up my essentials so the wife can pack one more pair of "what if" shoes. Not really fair huh,?  My mother calls me every day telling me what I should and should not pack / book etc. last time I checked last family hol was 15 years ago, surely as I am taking her with us it is I whom makes the rules? No? That's mothers for you, love them to bits :). All very excited to be off as a family, glad in a posistion to make it happen, family holidays are by far the best 

Casey has not taken hold of the bottle yet, can't say I blame her, I know what I would prefer ;)
    Will float around tables but made my points total all ready at 160 and no chance getting to 500 so will just play, as per, for fun and a time passer
    Run well all, and if I don't see you for a week I will see you through a window ;) 

• edited June 2015
    That's me done..........

Played 7 HU and won 3. 

Last mtt of the week and a nice deep run in the main :) well, I did say I hadn't cashed :)

No FT but an enjoyable 28th for about £80 gross. Takes my mtt stats up to 21 and 7 cashes and 33% 

Have a great week all 
  • edited June 2015
    Welcome back all.

I am back and more tanned than ever. Most splendid time away in Greece with the family. My little angel was poorly but coped with flying for the first time at just 5 months like a real star :)

Took her on a mini cruise too around the island and the sights were Truely outstanding! Swam in crystal blue waters in a secluded bay where there was a real life smugglers shipwreck. 
    Our hotel turned out to be one of those that actually looked like the pictures online. Right next to the beach meant a lovely breeze to soften the dizzy heights of 34C

Both mothers worked the baby sitting well, we all ate too much, sun screened too little And drank till we could not stop laughing (except the wife who has to still feed :(

Played a bit of poker this eve too, cashed in the £1k £22 BH, out early in the £2.5k £11 BH and one HU win out of one

Nuggy96208£29.25 + £28.13 Head Prizes3 
    23 mtt cashed 8 for 34.7%
    HU now 25/41

• edited June 2015
    Played a few mtt's over last two days, 6 in total, ranging from a £5.75 speed, both mains ties and we'd, both 9:30 and the £55 BH. Few heads no cash so now total stands at 29 mtt's cash 6.

Heads up now 28/46

Had a family day in the garden today, few beers and a BBQ. Mother in law goes home tomorrow, nice 4am wake up but good excuse to nip into site and see what is going on in my absence :)

• edited July 2015
    had a great few weeks - not posted much due to having the worlds worst manflu (Men you will feel my pain I am sure)

it got to point where even the mrs had some sympthy for me (until i made my 6 monoth daughter ill)  played a lot less as a result - cashing % wise prob down to about 17% with most notable wins the £55 speed FT for £200 profit (Won a £6 direct to get in) and a £70 score in the half 9 BH

Played just 3 main events in last few weeks (£33 ones ) and ran well but sadly no cash's.  had a monster stack in the 19:30 SUnday £33 BH (New fav now is also 5k starting stack) but sadly a bad beat story bla bla bla but had fun to get to 20k and bust all in half hour.

So why choose today to post again?  Is it to tell you I had bad beat? or the more likely brag?

haha So I did it - freerole winner for a lovely £100 and a seat to DTD - so excited I can not wait to meet everyone.  Not been to a live event since SPT newcastle and still have the interview that was played on sky poker tv saved on my sky box. 

can not wait to meet the gang- sorry about brag post - but I am buzzing - how it happened to follow as I got in trouble....

• edited July 2015
    so down to final table and nt going to lie, was not even thinking about the win.  I had 2 BB left at the 150, 300 level and shoved my K2 suited got a 4 way all in and flopped the flush. Happy days

At this time 380 left.  Had some fold equity and plodded along to bubble at 184, went through to 46 where was next proper pay jump to £10.  Then is just about building to get to FT

Last 8 and is turbo format, bla bla bla.  The wife calls - Our daughter is screaming - is half 9 and she should be asleep so I get summond to the top top floor.  Lap top in hand i walk in to my wife clearly upset i have the worlds loudest fan cooler wurring away  on the lap top - goes to snd me out.  As a new Dad I could not put poker first so sat down next to my daugter watching the huge blinds eat me up.  Wife asks if i can watch her why she showers and destresses.  Of course darling and I pray Casey just talks and does not cry.

Get to final 4, casey being good and I am picking up pace - raising wide as table was clearly nervous.  Looked at the BB number and called shoves with that info.  Got to final 3 - get it in good and..... hold!!! 3 to one chip lead oh my god!!!  Rail buzzing.  HU, first hand 33 - shove and called by 87, flop 654.  now have similar stacks,  Next hand they fold the SB, next hand QQ - I min raise they shove..... Ahhhhhhhh heart going, they show J9 and flop the J - I say one time out loud, one time happens and I hold my QQ - I jump up and shout yessssss baby!!!! 

Now this should follow with a naked run around the street - but.... i immedietly relised I just shouted yes at 9:45 while my tetting daughter was trying to sleep - next 2 minutes I feel like worlds worst dad as Casey is now screaming again and a naked wife jumps out shower and shouts in a wispered voice at me!! i was now sweating cause happy and in the dog house haha

So if I am still alive - I will be in Nottingham!! Booking a hotel to make a night of it regardless of the poker results

Let me know if will be there be great to meet up

Matt

Nuggy96218140001£100 + £550 seat into £250k UKPC

• edited July 2015
    BOOM

vwp Nuggy - enjoy (and learn the art of the silent fist pump while on parenting duties)
  • edited July 2015
    Congrats, can definetely tell your excited haha. I'm sure you'll have a blast.
  • edited July 2015